Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Does 3M make cat respirators or is that a Honeywell thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Yes super angry they really want to open er up

So angry that I got yelled at how SAFE an indoor show with a vaccine requirement* (proof not required) in a super chuddy area with a high rate of community transmission is and how they've done their own risk assessment that they will be 100% perfectly SAFE because they are vaccinated and therefore SAFE

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Please, post tweets from non-crazy sources only :twisted:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

remember the start of the pandemic in the US when people actually stayed home and streets were empty? that was cool we should do that again

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/23/world/coronavirus-great-empty.html

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
lol the UK has leveled off at 30k cases a day. they've grown for the past 3 days straight in cases. this is a catastrophically high level lmao, and poo poo libs are saying "oh look the UK spike was fast, the US spike will be fast too!"

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

USA

USA

usa

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

McDonald's is advertising its new gently caress and suck special

https://twitter.com/CTropes/status/1423171731020075008?s=20

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Lacrosse posted:

They're holding conventions in the convention centers now so they'll need to set up the field hospitals elsewhere

Thanks to a relaxation of rules for infill development, we don't even have fields to set them up in! :newlol:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Hello, my name is Dhoom Krekping,

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Update: she already deleted the "I'm walking away" tweet

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

brugroffil posted:

Update: she already deleted the "I'm walking away" tweet

ahahahaha

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

"Women aren't capable of maintaining civilization on their own" is a uhm... "brave" take in 2021.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
wait maybe that means she changed her mind and she's coming back with a vengence

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

the Minnesota North SARS

Nice

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
nyc health and safety just issued alerts on a bunch of social media avenues that said get tested even if you're vaccinated (yeah no poo poo, i just did thanks..fuckin' useless cdc)

some gems before i died from eyeball poisoning and had to post this as a ghost

"So what you’re saying is test yourself even if you’ve been stabbed. So no different treatment than if you’re not stabbed? This makes no sense."

"This scamdemic will never be over 😩"

"So basically the vaccine doesn’t work ?"

"The truth is… A lot of people have had extreme negative reactions to the vaccine… And if the government thinks they can force everyone to get it… They will be met with death and violence…" (this one is posted by a mr. rogers looking mfr naturally)

"Is this Vax or just a 4× a year jab, because Polio vaccination is one shot weird right"

"Can i block this page? Im tired of getting alerts"

i hate everything. i guess back to the respirator like when i didn't catch this poo poo for 17 months...which goon do i talk to about what beans to stock

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
https://twitter.com/ProfEmilyOster/status/1423686185378066439

that's similar to adults and also all studies were done with variants BEFORE delta

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao at the WHO acting like appeals to rich self-interested Western countries will change things...

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zer0spunk posted:

i hate everything. i guess back to the respirator like when i didn't catch this poo poo for 17 months...which goon do i talk to about what beans to stock

Whatever is left on the store shelves

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

Lacrosse posted:

McDonald's is advertising its new gently caress and suck special

https://twitter.com/CTropes/status/1423171731020075008?s=20

it's just retro oughts

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

ram dass in hell posted:

Neolib why you babysittin' only two or three shots?
I'ma show you how to turn it up a notch
First you get a swimming pool full of Pfizer, then you dive in it
Pool full of Pfizer, then you dive in it

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

lmao "blueprints" what in the gently caress, they clearly have nothing because you don't make "blueprints" for biological organisms.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

mycomancy posted:

lmao "blueprints" what in the gently caress, they clearly have nothing because you don't make "blueprints" for biological organisms.

I often am the first to jump on someone for saying anti Chinese news is a CIA op
but that right there is a CIA op

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mycomancy posted:

Are you telling me there aren't blueprints for a Frankenstein out there?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Oster deleted it, what was the tweet?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I am hnad delivering to the CIA documents that will lead to the immediate ARREST of my heart and lungs.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
china's already got their own line btw, you can just go see what theyre saying even!

https://twitter.com/ChinaDaily/status/1422912707016134657?s=20

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

"Now that my work of making sure kids are in school and defenseless I don't know that I have much to add to this topic anymore so I'm out PEEEAaaaaace"

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Gresh posted:

As a long hauler(7 months in), I'd like to know where the virus came from if it increases any possibility of scientists coming up with treatments or a cure.

It doesn't

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

mycomancy posted:

i'm guessing they're trying to align sequence data between wild and lab ronas?

but blueprints just sounds so much scarier and carries connotations of evil chinese mad scientists

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Pingui posted:

"Women aren't capable of maintaining civilization on their own" is a uhm... "brave" take in 2021.

For what it's worth, the original comic's take was that the glass ceiling had kept women out of higher paying positions so when all the men dropped dead things like power plants start failing. Another example from the comic, planes drop out of the sky because airline pilots were mostly men but the railroads could still run because there were enough women in that field to keep it more or less running. Later on Australia ends up being the sole remaining nuclear superpower because they crewed some of their nuclear subs with women.

So that was the idea: half the people in the world drop dead and the half that was still alive had to step into fields they had been denied before. Over the course of the comic they do rebuild society.

I dunno, I read the comic like 15 years ago. Maybe if I read it now it would seem worse than I remember.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

SKULL.GIF posted:

"My work in aggressively pushing for schools to reopen and for treating kids as immune is done, so I'm stepping away for a while."

instead we get this shortly after the delete

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

When you rage quit the server

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I am sitting on fifth Avenue, next to the park, a d a lady walked by listening to rush Limbaugh yell about vaccines being a scam

he is, of course, dead

gently caress

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

School district just sent out the "sit tight we have no rules or regulations in place yet cause we are still reviewing them" email I've been waiting for.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Local hospitals and other medical facilities finally made the coordinated decision to implement mandatory vaccination by Labor Day. About time.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

jisforjosh posted:

that's similar to adults and also all studies were done with variants BEFORE delta

lmao at all the QTs running victory laps on data mostly gathered in Summer 2020

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

McCracAttack posted:

For what it's worth, the original comic's take was that the glass ceiling had kept women out of higher paying positions so when all the men dropped dead things like power plants start failing. Another example from the comic, planes drop out of the sky because airline pilots were mostly men but the railroads could still run because there were enough women in that field to keep it more or less running. Later on Australia ends up being the sole remaining nuclear superpower because they crewed some of their nuclear subs with women.

So that was the idea: half the people in the world drop dead and the half that was still alive had to step into fields they had been denied before. Over the course of the comic they do rebuild society.

I dunno, I read the comic like 15 years ago. Maybe if I read it now it would seem worse than I remember.

I mean 50% dropping dead would be a worse catastrophe than the bubonic plague so some issues should be expected.

Also lol at the railroads still running, there is literally almost no women in railroad maintenance.

Regardless assuming you had enough semen preserved then the bioengineering doomsday clock would have time to finish quickly research to preserve reproduction of humanity as a cool cyberpunk mammal variety of those lesbian lizards.

Your biggest issue would be immediate loss of the bulk of trade workers, the good news is with half the population gone your need for production forcapitalism ends and you start gathering women that do know those essential basic jobs and go from there.

Also a whole lot of reading and learning from prerecorded education for trades to catch up that labor.

The bigger issue is less the glass ceiling anyways (execs dont run anything of use to production) and more just lack of women in trade work.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
An hour ago, I started having a lump in the throat feeling whenever I swallow.

I always associate it with the start of a cold but I wonder if I got a breakthrough case hahahaa gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Iverron posted:

lmao at all the QTs running victory laps on data mostly gathered in Summer 2020

I like the all the hilarious new info like how the CDC's info and bragging about breakthrough cases being non-existent was driven primarily by a data set from previous strains.