Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I am losing my poo poo at this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

Lol

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
thats not very 50/50

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Blaise330 posted:

what about the tag titles

"Imagine the ratings when we have the tag team champions feuding with each other! It's gold, pal!"

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

Pylons posted:

Ok. Holy gently caress.

You decide to copy AEW, and release rankings.

You see this... with 4 losing records, including someone who was released for some of this year, with the only winning record being someone with one match...

And no one pumps the brakes?

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

When there’s no jobbers to squash, everyone is the jobber.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wwe even copied the exact graphics that aew uses, down to all fonts and colors, when they made that. And no one said a drat thing. there are even Stans saying that WWE created the format now. You might say I'm a little obsessed with Stans haha

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That's fake, just to be clear. It's just an illustration of how bad the booking and title contention is.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

NO

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Pylons posted:

The funnier thing here is its main competition has had one non finish in two years of existence. Matches always have definitive winners and losers and yet the top contemders have nice records whereas these look like a Dark card.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Pylons posted:

Now I want to see one for the RAW Women.

Also on the Mat Men Podcast today, Andrew Zarian was told to expect another wave of big NXT cuts before the year is up.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Please leave Cole. Also when did he marry Britt? I thought they were still bf/gf

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pylons posted:

Still not as funny as the Smackdown Top 10

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Pylons posted:

lol

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Pylons posted:

Bahahaha

This and the HHH 👉 pic have been gold

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://wrestletalk.com/news/wwe-trying-to-keep-trademark-for-chelsea-greens-name/

WWE to Chelsea Green: You're fired! We have no use for you! But also we're going to fight to keep the copyright on your name.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

It's very funny how much WWE's decline has mirrored WCW's, right down to having their own Power Plant that sucked at producing stars because they taught everyone to lift weights instead of wrestle.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Davros1 posted:

https://wrestletalk.com/news/wwe-trying-to-keep-trademark-for-chelsea-greens-name/

WWE to Chelsea Green: You're fired! We have no use for you! But also we're going to fight to keep the copyright on your name.

that's her real rear end name though

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
vince sure is doing a good job of reinforcing how little he cares about wrestling

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

have yet to see a rebuttal from anyone when vince said aew's investments were scarce at best. everyone focused on the comments about the help

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

is pepsi ok posted:

It's very funny how much WWE's decline has mirrored WCW's, right down to having their own Power Plant that sucked at producing stars because they taught everyone to lift weights instead of wrestle.

that sarge guy who ran it was a midget roid freak with an insecure chip on his shoulder. power plant was a hazing ritual.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

wwe even copied the exact graphics that aew uses, down to all fonts and colors, when they made that. And no one said a drat thing. there are even Stans saying that WWE created the format now. You might say I'm a little obsessed with Stans haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EDS7pt4kno

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Saw the Smackdown posts earlier about its women's division, so I decided to go one step further and compile the information on the RAW Women's Division. I'm too lazy to make a graphic for it, but here are some stats to show that WWE truly isn't the land of 50/50 booking! All data sourced from Cagematch. :shepface:

Unsorted:

Sorted (from highest win rate to lowest):

So in a normal world where wins and losses mattered, Doudrop should be the #1 contender. Or Alexa Bliss. But instead its Charlotte Flair and Rhea Ripley. If people are genuinely interested in this kind of stuff (which I doubt), I can do another one that doesn't count house shows. I also omitted Lacey since she's inactive, and Naomi was supposedly moved over to Smackdown.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 7, 2021

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

is pepsi ok posted:

It's incredible that the only reason Goldberg didn't come out as a complete poo poo show is because he owned his own MMA gym and that is his gimmick

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

did you ever notice how distracting and terrible the shadowing looks in this intro? i thought it was added in much later when TBS took over paying for production, but it appears to have always been there. the shadows on (the left side of) characters heads and whatnot are extremely disgusting.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Ganso Bomb posted:

What's so frustrating (fustrating) is that if they hadn't changed anything from the pre-AEW days, the show would still be good and viable AEW competition.

My favorite part was the decision, late in 2019, to have the NXT guys start challenging the Raw/Smackdown roster in the runup to Survivor Series, to get a lot of eyeballs on NXT- and then they lose, and NXT goes right back to being the C-show and the Wednesday Night Wars are pretty much over from there. (Can't recall how the ratings actually break down but NXT never really recovered.)

Any attempt to make NXT a major third brand was gonna fail because in the end Vince likes the way he's set things up, with Raw at the top, Smackdown second, and anything else largely irrelevant. (And Raw wasn't even the A-show for its first few years!)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Saw the Smackdown posts earlier about its women's division, so I decided to go one step further and compile the information on the RAW Women's Division. I'm too lazy to make a graphic for it, but here are some stats to show that WWE truly isn't the land of 50/50 booking! All data sourced from Cagematch. :shepface:

Unsorted:

So in a normal world where wins and losses mattered, Doudrop should be the #1 contender. Or Alexa Bliss. But instead its Charlotte Flair and Rhea Ripley. If people are genuinely interested in this kind of stuff (which I doubt), I can do another one that doesn't count house shows. I also omitted Lacey since she's inactive, and Naomi was supposedly moved over to Smackdown.

I'd do a discounting house shows just because that's going to tend to massively drag down top heels.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nxt is not trying to be aew-lite. competition. they're an alternative.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i wonder how much of the vince brain washing is just meeting a dude you watched on tv growing up and how much is just feeling bad for the old senile dude and just nodding your head and agreeing with them and getting stuck doing what they ask because you dont want to be mean to them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yeah an alternative to good tv lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lmao

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Unsorted:

idk how anyone says the wwe women's division is any better than AEWs when this is the roster you get on RAW. basically only 4 viable people based on the stats

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

DarkstarIV posted:

Saw the Smackdown posts earlier about its women's division, so I decided to go one step further and compile the information on the RAW Women's Division....

Lotta words and science to prove that Nikki is the true, best champion.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I mean a lot of it is just that for nearly a couple of decades WWE had the monopoly on American pro wrestling. It was the top, it paid the most (in theory, if you could get to that level) and had the most visibility. It became The Destination. And though that clearly isn't the case (and even before AEW emerged, it was possible to hustle well enough in the indies to make as much money as you would sitting in catering on WWE), that illusion will take a while to fade.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/jessithebuckeye/status/1423824742067412994

lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

idk how anyone says the wwe women's division is any better than AEWs when this is the roster you get on RAW. basically only 4 viable people based on the stats

i don't think anyone apart from die-hard WWE weirdos say this any more tbh

massive lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/ryandilbert/status/1423819834786291712

lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

It definitely do

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Now this red cap gets a rap from these critics and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I'd do a discounting house shows just because that's going to tend to massively drag down top heels.

Done.

Only differences is that Charlotte's, Rhea's, Nia's, and Shayna's rates went up slightly, and Nia moved up a few spots as a result.

Evil Badman posted:

Lotta words and science to prove that Nikki is the true, best champion.

Ironically, Nikki's win rate might be much lower if Cagematch didn't factor in WWE Main Event as official results. Where Nikki beat up Mia Yim and Dana Brooke for months on end.