Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

U-DO Burger posted:

oh poo poo man, good luck with that. we're still finalizing details but it's increasingly looking like i'm going to be homeschooling my kids. i'll probably be teaching them in the morning, and then i'll be doing my wfh for most of the rest of the day.

it'll be exhausting as hell, but there was a time when i was able to endure working full-time, doing grad school, and raising two little kids all at once on like 3 hrs of sleep per night. i'm doing my best to convince myself that i can make it through being stretched that thin again. we'll find out!

That sounds even more miserable than my situation. Persevere, and we’ll both get to remind our kids of the sacrifices we made to keep their lungs intact to guilt them into helping us survive a little longer in the hellscape of the mid-21st century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Der Meister posted:

is Australia gonna open er up now

The NSW premier Gladys Berejiklian (affectionately called Gladbags by everyone in Aus) is already blaming the people of Sydney for not following the rules. This is sort of a half-truth because the rules she created were just filled with loopholes to leave the house and go to work normally, were not actually being enforced until like yesterday, and she spent all last year making GBS threads all over the Victorian government's strict lockdowns. All while claiming NSW had "the gold standard" in contact tracing, which was completely overwhelmed after like a week.

Australia got lucky last year but it's conservative leadership is as reactionary as your average red-state and now we're hosed.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

https://downloads.aap.org/DOFA/AAP%...en_08_05_21.pdf

unless you think you know more than the AAP I'm going to trust their decision here. they're the ones who have deal with both the problems from vaccines and the problems from delta. they are telling us in very clear terms to approve the vaccines now given the available data in order to save more children from delta

their statement is reasonable

Nocturtle posted:

Wouldn't serious adverse effects be reported as well for the pediatric trial prices if they were happening?

honestly I don’t know

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

GOOBLE GOBBLE GOOBLE GOBBLE

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

Der Meister posted:

their statement is reasonable

honestly I don’t know

Honestly if a lot of kids were very sick of dying, Id 100% expect it to be front page news. Some parent of a kid in the trial that got sick would post it to facebook and some nutjob would run with it everywhere from there.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Notahippie posted:

I've heard from an epidemiologist but can't independently confirm that there are at least some hypotheses that mRNA vaccines in developing immune systems may suppress immune response for non-targeted diseases but the whole technology is so new that nobody knows for sure. So at minimum there's some debate on the theory side of things.

Holy poo poo.

That would be very bad.

Are any non-mRNA vaccines even testing in kids right now?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
100 pages already?!? :pusheen:

Lucky Greedo
Feb 14, 2012

At last, he held the throat of his beater.
hmm. not feeling like i do have the right to resist annihilation, actually. i should probably keep going to my lovely job so bougie fuckwads can find the latest fashions at aspirational retail chain. at least until i code in a hospital hallway and nobody else is piss-stupid enough to apply for my job to replace me. sorry, i know, i'm trying to dig the grave hole but it's my first time, sorry

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

The Oldest Man posted:

Dunno why people are that worried about Jay Inslee's weak as poo poo mask "mandate" when Delta isn't slowing down for anything short of closures of schools and businesses. It's like being worried that a pair of water wings isn't as good as a life jacket as a five thousand foot tall wall of water crests above you.

If he isn't willing to do a real mandate, the rest of that poo poo isn't even in the same room, let alone on the table.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

cool n64 games

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Nice, just ordered some new filters from McMaster myself. 1 day shipping for $8 rules

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
it's only going to be approved for emergency use anyways which is already throwing all kinds of caution flags, liability waivers, etc. into play. it's not like FDA approving EUA vaccine for kids means the vaccine is suddenly jammed in every newborn's arm 3 hours after birth. IMHO it sounds like the professionals are in agreement there's enough data to EUA approve now. do it and let parents decide if they want the vaccine now. no more 4D chess about gaming vaccine acceptance, we already know that has totally failed and 30% of people and their kids are unreachable. don't punish everyone because of the 30% antivaxxers

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

FistEnergy posted:

100 pages already?!? :pusheen:

exponential growth

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

which way melburnian man

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Lacrosse posted:

lol at all the goons trying to lie about being immunocompromised and getting turned away when all they had to lie about was being there for their first dose

all things being equal I would rather be seen lying about being immunocompromised than, even falsely, admitting to another human being that I have waited until nearly Sep-loving-tember before getting my first jab

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Oldest Man posted:

Dunno why people are that worried about Jay Inslee's weak as poo poo mask "mandate" when Delta isn't slowing down for anything short of closures of schools and businesses. It's like being worried that a pair of water wings isn't as good as a life jacket as a five thousand foot tall wall of water crests above you.

the ultimate irony is that this became true and millions upon millions of people have hosed immune systems across the board for life

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Rubby posted:

all things being equal I would rather be seen lying about being immunocompromised than, even falsely, admitting to another human being that I have waited until nearly Sep-loving-tember before getting my first jab

lol it is a real concern

could just say you moved here from some european country and cannot wait to get vaccinated. that you moved your flight up 6 months to get jabbed sooner in the states. america very great country!! very great!!!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

hey longtime lurking just popping in with a question:

does anyone know when Covid is gonna be over? I got poo poo to do

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

smoobles posted:

now

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

it's only going to be approved for emergency use anyways which is already throwing all kinds of caution flags, liability waivers, etc. into play. it's not like FDA approving EUA vaccine for kids means the vaccine is suddenly jammed in every newborn's arm 3 hours after birth. IMHO it sounds like the professionals are in agreement there's enough data to EUA approve now. do it and let parents decide if they want the vaccine now. no more 4D chess about gaming vaccine acceptance, we already know that has totally failed and 30% of people and their kids are unreachable. don't punish everyone because of the 30% antivaxxers

hesitancy for pediatric population is higher than 30% iirc

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

we're gonna tip over a thousand dead on worldo today :smith:

E: tipped as I was posting. these poor loving people.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

mod sassinator posted:

lol it is a real concern

could just say you moved here from some european country and cannot wait to get vaccinated. that you moved your flight up 6 months to get jabbed sooner in the states. america very great country!! very great!!!

poo poo there are some pretty good fake stories you can say:
-I just beat cancer and can now get vaccinated
-I lived off the grid for the last year and a half and just found out we were in a pandemic
-I'm deathly afraid of needles and have been building up the courage since April to finally get the shot

just go wild, who cares, nobody cares

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

smoobles posted:

oh smoobles, covid has always been over! just click your respirator cartridges together and you can go back to 2019! *click* *click* *click*

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

gonna say this for the first time, unironically

gently caress you, got mine

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Rubby posted:

I was all prepared to say I avoided it for so long because I didn't believe it was truly free and was afraid of getting a bill in the mail, but nobody tried to small talk me. Dude just shot me up and I moonwalked out.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

mod sassinator posted:

oh smoobles, covid has always been over! just click your respirator cartridges together and you can go back to 2019!

oh hey both dogs that died this year were alive then and also my spouse was showing up in december and I got to go to disney world.

2019 was a pretty good year all said and told.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

we're gonna tip over a thousand dead on worldo today :smith:

E: tipped as I was posting. these poor loving people.

drat we were 1300 with backlog yesterday. so i guess we're now in the 1k deaths a day territory for reals

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

smoobles posted:

It appears mRNA vaccines could in fact be giving every child AIDS

Those shots are going to move like hotcakes

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Kreeblah posted:

gently caress YOU, INSLEE, YOU COWARD!

yeah I’m pretty unhappy with this. at the beginning of all this he was just a couple weeks late each time.

this is half assed half measures a sold month + late.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Louisgod posted:

poo poo there are some pretty good fake stories you can say:
-I just beat cancer and can now get vaccinated
-I lived off the grid for the last year and a half and just found out we were in a pandemic
-I'm deathly afraid of needles and have been building up the courage since April to finally get the shot

just go wild, who cares, nobody cares

"my wife would kill me if she found out I'm here" is a good one

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Lacrosse posted:

lol at all the goons trying to lie about being immunocompromised and getting turned away when all they had to lie about was being there for their first dose

my friends all volunteered at clinics last winter so they could skip the line and get their shots early as healthcare workers and now they're all trying to figure out how to get a booster since it was 6+ months ago.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

mod sassinator posted:

drat we were 1300 with backlog yesterday. so i guess we're now in the 1k deaths a day territory for reals

945 on worldo.

good excuses:

"I found out that they're killing everyone with covid that doesn't get the experimental 666 jab so I'm here for it, I don't want to die."
"my husband hosed around on me and now I'm scared he'll do it again and expose us"

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

McNugget Buddy posted:

"my wife would kill me if she found out I'm here" is a good one

"I was brainwashed by qanon for over two years and finally got the help I desperately needed"

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I hope someone sues biden for the illegal use of federal funds to compensate state education employees. Violation of the 10th amendement! Spending needs to be approved by congress!!

I only want this because I'm done with lib dems bailing out republicans with half rear end measures. Republicans need to suffer the consequences of being poo poo. Force desantis to eat poo poo by having their entire school system go on strike/collapse.

Done playing the culture war games with these sick fucks. Tired of watching millions suffer and die because a bunch of rich people are too loving stupid or intentionally malicious in the name of winning bigly for team red.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

my friends all volunteered at clinics last winter so they could skip the line and get their shots early as healthcare workers and now they're all trying to figure out how to get a booster since it was 6+ months ago.

I got mine in December

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Gio posted:

gonna say this for the first time, unironically

gently caress you, got mine

very grim

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Lacrosse posted:

I could use more female names guys, help

My name is Anita Thurdose

My name is Ann T Bodice

Hello I’m Meghan Tecils.

Hello I’m Ivana Nutter, and my sister, Wanda Nutter

My name is Juwanna Morvac

I'm immuno compromised. My name? I'm Lois Titers

My name? Robin A Schott

My name is Dee Dimer

My name is Flo Intomi

Hello my name is Aphelia Needle

Hello my name is Bea Sells

My name is Wilma Lungslive

Hello my name is May I. Havemore

I'm Erin Ondasai Dasafti

My name? I'm Fonda Living

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Aug 19, 2021

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I'm in a restaurant. Quote if I get Deltaed

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Der Meister posted:

hesitancy for pediatric population is higher than 30% iirc

Ok but it will take full approval to maybe win over hesitant parents. We're talking about the EUA right now and frankly most families willing to vaccinate their kids under an EUA would be willing to do it immediately or last month even. As long as it's vaguely effective and the adverse effects aren't somehow much worse than for the adolescent vaccines it's good enough, and easily much better than getting COVID unvaccinated. The reality is the process had been dragged out so much already that most kids will likely get Delta before getting vaccinated, which is a huge failure.

I do get that an EUA spoils the clinical trial process, delaying and making a full approval more difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
My wife is telling me Chris Ga.... Garth Brooks' wife got the roni, and that is the reason for the tour cancellation.

Apologies if this has been covered, I try to keep up with this thread but many such posts.