Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Nothus posted:

It gives them legal cover to do that, yes.

good luck finding a doc to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Asproigerosis posted:

Imagine getting your first covid vaxx... and also picking up covid itself the same day! Bet this dude will have truly blessed big loving titers from this one. Assuming he doesn't die cause he's just getting worse now and I'm here to do a lung scan because apparently it's just a mystery as to why a covid patient would be having worsening hypoxia. Really gotta pull out all the testing stops to figure this one out. Just spread that covid all over the hospital to determine that water is wet.

I’ve wondered if a lot of the “my aunt got vaccinated and died the next week” stories are actually because they got infected while getting vaccinated

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BONGHITZ posted:

The first post needs to have respirator info. Not large meme pics

It's there but under all the meme pics

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Lacrosse posted:

Please kindly die elsewhere so we don't look bad again

https://twitter.com/RobertANJax/status/1428514053324947461?s=20

the thumbs up lol

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

McNugget Buddy posted:

wait does full approval mean the government no longer pays for the vaccines?

lol wonder if it means you can sue pfizer too if you get myocarditas

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steve Yun posted:

I’ve wondered if a lot of the “my aunt got vaccinated and died the next week” stories are actually because they got infected while getting vaccinated

It sounds more like "started having symptoms, went to get vaccinated thinking that would help, it didn't help because of course it wouldn't, :rip:"

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

mod sassinator posted:

can't wait to hear what bullshit the 'vaccine hesitant' antivaxxers cook up next...

"well I'm waiting for the johnson and johnson to have full approval, I have an allergy"

"I need more data to make my own decision"

"I don't have to tell you my decision that's HIPAA protected"

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

BONGHITZ posted:

the thumbs up lol

Please go die somewhere less embarrassing :thumbsup:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

slippery doc posted:

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1428836878300635138?s=20

in principle this should also allow my doctor to give me additional titers

this kinda implies poor kids are hosed but if you have a private doctor with their own practice, i guess you're fine

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Koirhor posted:

for people who haven’t dealt with this before I will share a picture of my son in the ICU fighting off RSV from 5 years ago

He was laid up like that for 5 days just IV fluids there was no taking the mask off to eat. people just have no loving idea until it happens to them and this time their won’t be beds or staff to help so good luck.
loving horrifying gently caress

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mod sassinator posted:

lol wonder if it means you can sue pfizer too if you get myocarditas

Getting 10 shots and 10 MILLION DOLLARS

Makes my heart flutter

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

Jesus

How old was he

2 and then he was back in the ICU again when he was 3 for HMPV same respiratory distress all poo poo picked up from daycare. Since then he’s been rock solid with whatever cold he picks up but covid, gently caress man I don’t know and this has been the bulk of my anxiety for 18 months.

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

DeSantis belongs in a cell awaiting trial for crimes against humanity. That he is not is a failure of the American government. That he has not been dragged kicking and screaming out of his home by an angry mob and subjected to mob justice is a failure of the American people.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Judakel posted:

this kinda implies poor kids are hosed but if you have a private doctor with their own practice, i guess you're fine

Always has been

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1428844293872136194?s=20

:texas:

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

mod sassinator posted:

we'll never know from the flood of kids and booster getters but i bet the "well akshully i'm waiting for full approval" vaccine blip will be so small to be unnoticeable. like it will be smaller than the million max titers in the last couple weeks

It's going to switch immediately to "They approved it too quickly." with those dipshits. It's just an excuse.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

platzapS posted:

Kid comes in to get tested and lists his name as just "Richardson". We find out he was hiding his first name, "Anakin".

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

yellowD posted:

I literally still use an, admittedly customized and edited, version of the spreadsheets you did over a decade ago.

this is pretty fuggen cute

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

:lol: only the rich can afford to pay for an appointment in hopes of getting their kids a shot. People can't afford to go even if it was 100%, let alone a gamble that the doctor is amenable.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
so this myocarditis poo poo does it like go away? you feel
like crap for a few weeks but the inflammation calms down? trying to do some risk assessment is neat for kids.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

It would be a real shame if this hurricane wiped new york from the map.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Mr Hootington posted:

https://twitter.com/NYCMayor/status/1428518800434008071?s=20

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr Hootington posted:

Cuomo's in hiding and Hochul doesn't get sworn in until Tuesday

This could get very funny

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Kreeblah posted:

It's going to switch immediately to "They approved it too quickly." with those dipshits. It's just an excuse.

To be fair they'll be right as to the full approval being rushed. No one in power will acknowledge that this is in fact rushed and that that is a valid concern. Hell, look at that Alzheimer's medicine that also got rushed for no reason

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

love this tale, the movie with Vincent Price is great too

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

lol like anyone will give a gently caress

americas reaction to 23 (?) elementary kids gunned down in school by a proto-pepe was to buy more guns

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

I feel like we've been back/opener up/covid is over/etc for 15 months now.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Crazypoops posted:

Please go die somewhere less embarrassing :thumbsup:

This chain gets increasingly hosed up as you go down

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

BONGHITZ posted:

the thumbs up lol

Giving the T2 thumbs up as I disappear into a bubbling pool of cheese-lung sputum

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Biowarfare posted:

This chain gets increasingly hosed up as you go down

oh my god

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pooky posted:

:lol: only the rich can afford to pay for an appointment in hopes of getting their kids a shot. People can't afford to go even if it was 100%, let alone a gamble that the doctor is amenable.

wow, my mom was right, they really weren't going to let school start without vaccinating children*

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

americans are too stupid to have freedoms

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Pooky posted:

I hate the current system as much as anyone, but no. It does lock out the people who can’t afford healthcare for their kids at all, but plenty of people who aren’t rich can take their kids to the pediatrician. Hell, if this happens I’m calling my kid’s pediatrician and telling her that he needs the juice. If she won’t write for it then he’s getting a new doctor!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

i'm at the combination library and regeneron clinic

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

mastershakeman posted:

To be fair they'll be right as to the full approval being rushed. No one in power will acknowledge that this is in fact rushed and that that is a valid concern. Hell, look at that Alzheimer's medicine that also got rushed for no reason

So, I'm not a medical person, but it seems to me that we have more and better data for the COVID vaccines than we have for nearly any other drug in decades. Especially Pfizer. It's been used and studied by people not only across the country but across the globe, in millions of people, etc. About the only thing I can think of that we wouldn't have the data on for it would be long-term poo poo, but as far as I know, the FDA doesn't give much of a gently caress about that for granting approval.

What would a longer trial period get us?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

McNugget Buddy posted:

Cuomo's in hiding and Hochul doesn't get sworn in until Tuesday

This could get very funny

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mod sassinator posted:

i'm at the combination library and regeneron clinic

I'm the security footage of unmasked kids browsing VHS tapes while unmasked people gasp for air on the ground

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Chuds are complaining about masks and hawaii. What's this about and is it insincere/stupid

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I feel like we've been back/opener up/covid is over/etc for 15 months now.

We are celebrating a managed decline. We did it \o/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Since March of 2020 every little cough has worried me. On the way to pick up my dog from the vet I had a massive coughing fit. If I get sick despite wfh and remote school and wearing a respirator every time I have to leave the house I’m gonna lose it.