Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I have a 4 year old little girl and that video just made me start to cry and need to take a break for a few minutes. I can't imagine how awful that must be as a parent to watch your child suffer so much. loving hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I love how it's just sort of taken as a given that vaccines for <12yo is this insane thing and then I realize Sinovac is already approved for and deployed among 3+ and lmao

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Der Meister posted:

i guess tell the idiots he has explosive diarrhea

Oh I told them I would provide a doctor’s note and they snarkily reminded me it could not come from a family member. I swear they want covid or want to be punitive about him being vaccinated or something, so pissed right now.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Nodelphi posted:

So one of my kids tested positive and I tested positive but my two other kids tested negative. We’ve been trying to isolate from each other but you can only really do so much and the whole house has been quarantined. I received a call from one of my kid’s school saying he has an unexcused absence. We had sent a mail about the covid status Sunday night and figured all was good.

I explained the situation and they ask his covid test status, which is negative. Well that’s all they wanted to hear. With a negative test and being vaccinated he has no excuse and will be docked as having an unexcused absence.

Absurd policies like this is one of the many, many reasons we’re doomed.

districts are terrified about their budget right now jesus christ

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

I love how it's just sort of taken as a given that vaccines for <12yo is this insane thing and then I realize Sinovac is already approved for and deployed among 3+ and lmao

It must be nice to live in China, where they live in a society

bottom text

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nodelphi posted:

Oh I told them I would provide a doctor’s note and they snarkily reminded me it could not come from a family member. I swear they want covid or want to be punitive about him being vaccinated or something, so pissed right now.

Is that actually something they're allowed to do, just disregard medical advice if the doctor is a family member?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

doesnt seem too bad yet

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

mdemone posted:

come now, we could be Venus

https://youtu.be/z7_YNTQmtGg

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Has Biden signed a single executive order since taking office. Trump was loving trying to ban Muslims from day one and any other crazy bullshit he could think of. Seems there's plenty Biden could do about this but won't to keep from upsetting his base, the republicans.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Nodelphi posted:

if you have documentation that demonstrates a doctor-patient relationship they cannot do that

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

is sinovac an adenovirus vector? modRNA?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Zeriel posted:

Has Biden signed a single executive order since taking office. Trump was loving trying to ban Muslims from day one and any other crazy bullshit he could think of. Seems there's plenty Biden could do about this but won't.

yeah he's signed a bunch

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mdemone posted:

is sinovac an adenovirus vector? modRNA?

it's an inactivated virus one I think

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

Is that actually something they're allowed to do, just disregard medical advice if the doctor is a family member?

no but there are petty tyrants everywhere

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Zeriel posted:

Has Biden signed a single executive order since taking office. Trump was loving trying to ban Muslims from day one and any other crazy bullshit he could think of. Seems there's plenty Biden could do about this but won't to keep from upsetting his base, the republicans.

This is literally a chud talking point, nice work.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

In Training posted:

doesnt seem too bad yet

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

*lube and poppers CMON straights

don't tell them the secrets

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Zurtilik posted:

I remember having a hearty chuckle at that episode of DS9 where a few homeless people and a police officer dying changed the public's opinion about the way society was structured.

I saw it the first time a couple months ago and laughed so hard my wife divorced me.

I know trek is fantasy, but get real.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

it's an inactivated virus one I think

O poo poo

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

the fact that there isn't a national state of emergency as the hospital system disintegrates in multiple states does strike me as a failure of presidenting yeah

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zisky posted:

source your quotes

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

what kind of sick gently caress names a county "Yamhill"

Yamhelas Indian Tribe, part of the Kalapooian family

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Oh right, I forgot about the means tested college tuition reimbursement. There's that. I love good president joe boben.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

i thought I would be jumping the gun at just shy of five months.... Nope, time to get boosted!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

In Training posted:

doesnt seem too bad yet

see, trump won

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

mawarannahr posted:

it’s genuinely heartwarming to see goons helping goons, I don’t know if there’s a similar online nexus of people actually keeping track of things and helping each other stay safe and sane through the pandemic. it’s actually really loving weird that this is the only place.

Speaking of goons helping goons, what's a good way for this thread's posters and lurkers to organize virtual hangouts for games or non-covid chats?

It's pretty apparent that a lot of us have family and friends that fall into the "sorta uninformed lib succumbing to Open Biden" category. They're vaxxed, they mask a lot of the time, but then they mention gathering with 7 others for drinks and saying "what, it seemed safe".

While it's not hard to stay home or do a safer activity, it does create a larger void of social interaction, and it becomes really easy to fall into a pit of doomscrolling.

What did this thread do last winter, any side channels for planning some cards, online board games, ps/pc/etc gaming, and the like?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

doesnt seem too bad yet

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

I love that Nebraska is just like gently caress it report nothing

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ohhhh yeaaaaa

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

the fact that there isn't a national state of emergency as the hospital system disintegrates in multiple states does strike me as a failure of presidenting yeah

There is a current COVID national state of emergency .

Turns out it doesn't do much on its own.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Real Mean Queen posted:

This is what I had instead of coffee today

don't know about other places in Oregon but here in Eugene mask compliance is at 99% in places so I'm hopeful things will slowly get better but loving lmao school starts on the 13th

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/GreaterfoolVan/status/1429630649032318980?s=20
https://twitter.com/realreporter/status/1429974635911675904?s=20

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
I stand corrected. Boss and partner came in.
What troopers.

Everyone has gone from mid-throat coughs to that kind of bronchitis cough where I hear their puff-puffs rattling around.

Just call me Agent Titers in the book Fierce Shitposters Home in Hot Climates.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

good.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Zisky posted:

no it's a "why doesn't the stupid loving useless conservative president do anything and everything he can to fix the situation" talking point

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

new governor of NY said "it's time to proactively fight the delta variant" and the first step to preventing spread is to "get kids back into school"

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Louisgod posted:

no it's a "why doesn't the stupid loving useless conservative president do anything and everything he can to fix the situation" talking point

Not handing it to Biden, but there was something a few days ago about Q types using the lack of executive orders being listed on an obscure government website as proof that he hasn't actually signed any and isn't president.

I 100% agree he could and should actually loving do something.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PageSix/status/1430238400783728643?s=20

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

everyone is getting the virus

That's the plan Jack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

The 2020 State of Emergency was never lifted...