Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Please, president biden, please go on TV to ask americans to stop eating horse paste. We're all praying you can bring us together on this joe, we need you to go on TV and ask them to stop eating horse paste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

https://twitter.com/DrCJohns/status/1430237175120080898

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
going to lmao when ivermectin poisoning starts climbing up the ladder for reasons people die

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Gresh posted:

can't wait for the academy award nominated film about covid and ivermectin in 5-10 years

starring Oscar Isaac as a befuddled rancher trying to find ivermectin

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Grey Fox posted:

Everything is hosed when you start agreeing with Jerry Jones https://twitter.com/JoriEpstein/status/1430168805196640277

:stare:

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Schnorkles posted:

going to lmao when ivermectin poisoning starts climbing up the ladder for reasons people die

...how much are these people eating?

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Steve Yun posted:

https://twitter.com/beautfc/status/1430043415627149313?s=21

Chances are the people of this town already bought up all the ivermectin for themselves

https://i.imgur.com/uYYKnJW.mp4

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
My friend who doesn't want the vaccine is now concerned with ADE. I remember it being mentioned earlier in the thread (I think yesterday) but is there any information I may have missed? I'm not going to bother sharing it with him just for my own information.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

somebody do this with the christmas tree costume, TIA

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
doesn't the rope worm thing happen to people who "cure autism" by drinking diluted bleach?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Jon Irenicus posted:

...how much are these people eating?

A 1500 lb horse requires 8 oz of 2% by volume. Now if my math is correct, I need to down three full tubes of this here horse paste.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

jetz0r posted:

What's the size of the business? The federal mandates on covid paid sick days has ranges on employees, and the business had to do some paperwork to get paid out.

you might be better off flipping some tables and burning the place down. you still won't get the sick pay, but you'll feel better.

the 2 separate applications were for 14 and 16 people. Our CFO is smart, we were forgiven for the first, and I'm sure the second will be the same.

everything is hosed. I've written a response, and I'm having a business stuff savvy family member proof-read/edit it. Could ask my lawyer bro (who is BFFs with my boss) his take. lol. lmao.

I only kinda care about the money. Our sister company isn't offering any sick days to people who are ill. loving hell. Would be nice for some clarification.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Consummate Professional posted:

doesn't the rope worm thing happen to people who "cure autism" by drinking diluted bleach?

they funnel it up their assholes and the bleach melts their guts.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

etalian posted:

people want the A/S tier vaccine experience.

Yep, not a single one of my under 40 "essential" coworkers (i.e. all of them) would get AZ. Two of them got Pfizer before they should using tactics that would make this thread proud but that's it.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

mod sassinator posted:

"As we get into the spring, we could start getting back to a degree of normality, namely reassuming the things that we were hoping we could do -- restaurants, theaters, that kind of thing," Fauci told CNN's Anderson Cooper.

blindly posting from aeons in the past to say that I'm sure that this third iteration of "it'll be over by spring" will be right this time

lol

lmao

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Relevant Tangent posted:

It really couldn't. Short of troops in the streets enforcing the laws Americans have embraced Covid (and dying of it).
I feel like the current situation has more to do with American institutions being utterly destroyed decades ago and a total lack of any functioning political system. These loving rubes would fold the instant any real power got exerted over them

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Asking my local Tractor supply to be more ADA compliant and label horse paste with Braille so repeat customers can find it

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Artificial banana flavor is based on the old gros Michel banana which went extinct in the fifties.

It's not completely extinct, it's still grown in a few places, and a hand of them will set you back an insane amount of money (like north of a hundred bucks).

The Cavendish (our new banana) is heading toward extinction as well so we'll probably get to try a new banana at some point if COVID doesn't get us all.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I used to work with ivermectin when I was doing molecular biology research because it inhibits import of proteins into the nucleus of cells. As you can imagine, that's a pretty basic function needed for life and loving lol at casually abusing something that toxic.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

text editor posted:

Asking my local Tractor supply to be more ADA compliant and label horse paste with Braille so repeat customers can find it

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I can't stop laughing at this ivermectin plotline. Haven't laughed so much since pandemic started.
The chuds wanted to own the libs so much it boomeranged around into the most hilarious self owns. needed this

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

kazmeyer posted:

It's not completely extinct, it's still grown in a few places, and a hand of them will set you back an insane amount of money (like north of a hundred bucks).

The Cavendish (our new banana) is heading toward extinction as well so we'll probably get to try a new banana at some point if COVID doesn't get us all.

dang, I was always curious how they "settled" on the new banana strain but I guess we might see it happen

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Greg Legg posted:

My friend who doesn't want the vaccine is now concerned with ADE. I remember it being mentioned earlier in the thread (I think yesterday) but is there any information I may have missed? I'm not going to bother sharing it with him just for my own information.

short answer is that dengue is the classic example but it has tropism mainly for immune cells, while covid does not.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Greg Legg posted:

Conservative idiot Alex Berenson said ADE was a thing this morning and then cited a paper that said the opposite:

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1430177657535279117

Of course chuds didn't actually read the paper and now his tweet is gospel

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

Jon Irenicus posted:

dang, I was always curious how they "settled" on the new banana strain but I guess we might see it happen

Cavendish was "this is the breed of banana resistant to the blight that tastes least like poo poo."

That'll be how we pick our next one too, unless the boffins get really good at genetically modifying things.

Turns out cloned agriculture is amazing for yields but absolutely poo poo for disease resistance.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jon Irenicus posted:

it's pretty straight forward capitalism; our existing mono-agricultural crop is all genetically identical and cloned and dying to disease. well hey theres this other banana it doesnt seem to infect and will make us $$$; lets genetically clone and seed zillion copies of that instead

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Impkins Patootie posted:

does it really taste like apples

Can confirm the horse paste really does taste like apples, but like sickly sweet chemical apple taste, like a jolly rancher

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

skewetoo posted:

I can't stop laughing at this ivermectin plotline. Haven't laughed so much since pandemic started.
The chuds wanted to own the libs so much it boomeranged around into the most hilarious self owns. needed this

I think Chapo made the point that anyone who gets the vaccine has been owned by the libs now so they are now clutching to anything they can, even literal bleach and neurotoxin

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

skewetoo posted:

Hcl is pretty safe. It's a big drug, and it can do weird things with consistent dosing (hello chromatic vision) but its well understood and its not gonna kill you unless you mainline it like black tar heroin.

Ivermectin is a neurotoxin.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Rauros posted:

short answer is that dengue is the classic example but it has tropism mainly for immune cells, while covid does not.
[/quote
[quote="McNugget Buddy" post="517213263"]
Conservative idiot Alex Berenson said ADE was a thing this morning and then cited a paper that said the opposite:

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1430177657535279117

Of course chuds didn't actually read the paper and now his tweet is gospel

Thank you. I should have known that Berenson brought this on since that's where he gets his information. He just stopped sending me the actual tweets after I called him out on it. Thank you both for the quick answers!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

There are a few good, solid voices to trust about vaccines who have been brutally honest about efficacy, problems, escape, etc.

Berenson is not one of them.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

Xaris posted:

it's pretty straight forward capitalism; our existing mono-agricultural crop is all genetically identical and cloned and dying to disease. well hey theres this other banana it doesnt seem to infect and will make us $$$; lets genetically clone and seed zillion copies of that instead

The problem is a lot of the foods we rely on we just can't grow normally. If you eat a tasty Honeycrisp apple and plant the seeds in your backyard, one day your kids will eat the first fruit off the tree and throw up because it's crabapples.

I don't know if bananas have the true to seed problem but I also don't relish the idea of having to pick seeds out of my bananas before I reach for the tajin.

(Incidentally if you've never tried tajin on bananas loving DO IT)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i dont know where you can still get gros michel bananas, but if you're ever in hawaii (or some other similar island countries) you can get Apple Banana (sometimes even imported to various local asian grocers or whatever) and those are really loving good. way way way better than the cavendish suck banana

they have much more delicious flesh, have a more tangi-sour note that's great, and vague apple-smell/taste. just way more enjoyable to eat compared to the dull muted mush of a cavendish.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Aug 25, 2021

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Artificial banana flavor is based on the old gros Michel banana which went extinct in the fifties.

Not actually true. Artificial banana flavour is made by mixing vinegar with a byproduct of alcohol fermentation. It was once used as a waterproof coating on airplanes. When they started making airplanes out of metal instead of canvas, companies needed a new use for all this banana oil, so they started putting it in candy. It doesn't taste quite like banana because it's not the result of a process to develop the right flavour, it was just lying around.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Schnorkles posted:

the thing that speaks against this is that there were literally dead bodies in the street in India and riots at hospitals and nothing about the political order there has particularly changed.

India has the closest thing to a fascist dictatorship of any developed country out there and those are usually pretty robust at handling shocks.

America, on the other hand, has a sclerotic and brittle federal government. I think the most likely thing if no NPIs are implemented is that the federal government just cedes all power to states and withers away to a tax collecting/military body.

Which they already are, but that would also have pretty profound economic consequences for the world.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Steve Yun posted:

https://twitter.com/beautfc/status/1430043415627149313?s=21

Chances are the people of this town already bought up all the ivermectin for themselves

u kidding? the owner of the store bought his own inventory for himself and his family or to sell on ebay

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Chamale posted:

Not actually true. Artificial banana flavour is made by mixing vinegar with a byproduct of alcohol fermentation. It was once used as a waterproof coating on airplanes. When they started making airplanes out of metal instead of canvas, companies needed a new use for all this banana oil, so they started putting it in candy. It doesn't taste quite like banana because it's not the result of a process to develop the right flavour, it was just lying around.

hosed up

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
It loving sucks to watch this dude I grew up with start fighting culture wars regarding covid. I even told him to eat the loving ivermectin if he wants to, no one's going to stop him, but not even that's good enough for him. He lives with his grandma who got vaccinated but it still seems risky as hell to me.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I found the ivermectin subreddit and it is a magical place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol

https://twitter.com/VPrasadMDMPH/status/1429940887279206400?s=19