Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Grey Fox posted:

https://twitter.com/PizzoHistorian/status/1431314658472996874 simply incredible

All that effort to act in complete denial of the poo poo we're in, and only made it a week

apparently not?? or maybe???

https://twitter.com/PizzoHistorian/status/1431323936776724480

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

The Saucer Hovers posted:

F I R S T S I P S

V E N T W E E K

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FizFashizzle posted:

Whom among us doesn’t poo poo good and immediately rub one out

https://twitter.com/jacquideevoy1/status/1431187353691955204?s=21

furiously jacking off as im making GBS threads and vomiting pints upon pints of black blood, I notice blood in my semen and become concerned

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Sad Billionaire posted:

https://twitter.com/charlesbethea/status/1431249395824087046

I've seen a lot of insane tweets that have made me feel a lot of different things, but this might be the first one to make me genuinely speechless. Just...what

https://twitter.com/dril/status/478457030106427392?s=19

that kind of Damage Resistance boost should probably give some COVID defense too, so it's not totally useless even though Jeans are offspec for pandemics

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

340 likes isn't viral my dude

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
so is UNC just full remote the rest of the semester? or are they going to keep trying in person every two weeks or some poo poo?

lmao. the most predictable thing happened and it's so amazingly dumb

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I'm only 4 months out from Shot #2 so I'm going to hold off a bit longer. gotta minmax my Resistance tree

Rand Paul
Aug 2, 2009

Abbottoirs

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Rand Paul posted:

Abbottoirs

people should pile their dead kids up on his front lawn.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Rand Paul posted:

Abbottoirs

We're gonna hit a million dead by Halloween.

Serf
May 5, 2011

mod sassinator posted:

so is UNC just full remote the rest of the semester? or are they going to keep trying in person every two weeks or some poo poo?

lmao. the most predictable thing happened and it's so amazingly dumb

it was misinfo and probably not gonna happen lol

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

FistEnergy posted:

I'm only 4 months out from Shot #2 so I'm going to hold off a bit longer. gotta minmax my Resistance tree

pull up a chair and lemme tell you about a little thing called "shot #4"

stump collector
May 28, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

I’m also at four months, gonna drive to cvs and see if they let me get a booster anyway
I also signed up for an appointment at Walmart that I might cancel but I said it was my first shot

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
what were the reasons to not have remote school again for this year? why do folks want to kill their kids??

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

SchrodingersCat posted:

spooky!! :ghost: :spooky:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Demon Of The Fall posted:

what were the reasons to not have remote school again for this year? why do folks want to kill their kids??

Kids are missing out the experience of being in school and also like going to school....

Also where's my free day care provided by teachers?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

empty whippet box posted:

furiously jacking off as im making GBS threads and vomiting pints upon pints of black blood, I notice blood in my semen and become concerned

G.G. Allin at his annual physical appointment

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Serf posted:

it was misinfo and probably not gonna happen lol
not impossible, but yeah, it would be a pretty abrupt about-face from what they were saying as recently as yesterday:

quote:

Daily COVID-19 cases are spiking at both UNC-Chapel Hill and N.C. State University, one week after students returned to campus for in-person classes.

Officials from both universities have said that the virus is not spreading in classrooms.
lol yeah ok

quote:

UNC-CH Chancellor Kevin Guskiewicz has said they expect to have positive cases on campus, including among those who are fully vaccinated. However, UNC-CH and other UNC System schools plan to maintain in-person operations with masks required on campus and frequent testing.
https://www.heraldsun.com/news/local/education/article253764468.html

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

4 months is probably fine.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

BONGHITZ posted:

is donda any good?

donda deez nuts

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

We're a country that is more than willing to send our children to environments that routinely have mass killings. I bet if someone did the math the average child's chance of getting murdered at school is greater than their chance of dying of COVID.

Our country is that hosed.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

lol I still can't get over Washington made in-person learning LEGALLY REQUIRED. These schools are going to make it less than a week before they're going to have to shut down for the rest of the school year. How is that better than zoom classes? Oh my God everyone is so loving stupid I just can't even

Serf
May 5, 2011

just in my anecdotal experience i spend one hour outside for lunch a day and i have seen 0 masks on the students here

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlM5apia4go

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lacrosse posted:

lol I still can't get over Washington made in-person learning LEGALLY REQUIRED. These schools are going to make it less than a week before they're going to have to shut down for the rest of the school year. How is that better than zoom classes? Oh my God everyone is so loving stupid I just can't even

Seriously what did they think would happen?

It was a bad idea before the Delta variant took over a majority of new cases.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

I yelled at my kids' superintendent and asked this very question.

I did not get a useful answer.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Lacrosse posted:

I mean maybe they did but a month ago we applied for virtual school in Seattle and they said "sure thing."

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Lacrosse posted:

My district had a virtual option because almost a thousand families threatened to pull their kids out of school and do home schooling, which would've caused a massive loss of state revenue to the school.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

It is weird that there are SA users who trawl SA for poo poo to post on Twitter, it's a window into the mind of someone with no moral compunction whatsoever. Plagiarism legit makes you the lowest of the low. FYI being sussed out for stealing is far worse for your 'clout' than any benefit you get from stolen lulz

when i see a really funny post sometimes I steal it and post it as a facebook status, who the gently caress cares? poo poo's funny dude. imagine giving a poo poo about this.

I give everyone reading this full permission to steal any part of my posts for any reason. however, they are neither funny nor informative so good luck, fuckos!@!!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If only they had the foresight to name the vaccine "Ivermektin" instead of Comirnaty.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lacrosse posted:

I get colleges trying to get past drop/add day so they don't have to refund tuition, but K-12 is a mystery

Do private K-12 schools have a "withdraw your kid by this date and get tuition refunded" day?

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Thesaurus posted:

Awesome.

Third moderna less than five months post 2nd shot was a wild ride for a bit there,

enjoy the titers :cheers:

The 2nd pfizer dose was about as sick as I've ever been in my life for 12 hours so that's ominous. Hm.. I might get my saturday shift covered.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

hail number

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

FistEnergy posted:

I yelled at my kids' superintendent and asked this very question.

I did not get a useful answer.

Probably didn't have one as most school boards didn't even discuss it as a possibility. Like, there was just an unspoken consensus that it wasn't an option.

Serf
May 5, 2011

McNugget Buddy posted:

I get colleges trying to get past drop/add day so they don't have to refund tuition, but K-12 is a mystery

Do private K-12 schools have a "withdraw your kid by this date and get tuition refunded" day?

don't hold your breath on drop/add. ours was 10 days ago, we're adding +100 cases a day and there isn't a peep about changing anything

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

why even bother having kids at this point if the government is gonna force March them to their deaths

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

Salt Fish posted:

If only they had the foresight to name the vaccine "Ivermektin" instead of Comirnaty.

gently caress I forgot they called it that. makes me feel like I'm gonna get shoved in a locker by the cool moderna kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

SchrodingersCat posted:

too many new ghosts walking around :ohdear: