Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Kreeblah posted:

It 100% makes sense that we're gonna end up breeding a vaccine escape nightmare variant here in the US. We have enough vaccines to put pressure on it to select for ways around them, but not enough vaccines and NPIs to actually get rid of it. We're like the perfect environment to develop something like this.

I’m not sure there’s that much pressure considering we have tens of millions of unvaccinated people still tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

No restaurant or housekeeping services? WTF is this commie bullshit. OPEN BIDEN.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Der Meister posted:

I’m not sure there’s that much pressure considering we have tens of millions of unvaccinated people still tbh

If the vaccination rates were evenly distributed, maybe. But it varies pretty widely by region, and people travel between vaxxed and unvaxxed areas constantly, bringing new slightly-mutated strains into the vaccinated enclaves to take another swing at the piñata (plus any breakthrough cases are adding their own).

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol that every doc and nurse in America isn't wearing at least a half mask at this point

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/AJemaineClement/status/1431445367787118593

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Kreeblah posted:

If the vaccination rates were evenly distributed, maybe. But it varies pretty widely by region, and people travel between vaxxed and unvaxxed areas constantly, bringing new slightly-mutated strains into the vaccinated enclaves to take another swing at the piñata.

that’s true and you’re not wrong. but there’s still a huge path of least resistance of unvaccinated morons lol

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

Substandard posted:

8 strikes and you're out!

Love the progression between verbal written warning (whatever the gently caress that is), written warning, then ohhhh better watch out for the FINAL WRITTEN WARNING.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Der Meister posted:

people like to poo poo on doctors but last I heard vax rates are in the 90s so suck it

This is a little sad, just accept your honest plumber + water treatment engineer does far more to ensure public health than any doctor while being compensated far less. There's no shame admitting it.

Plus if we're going to play that game note the ghouls living in NYC's financial district are literally 100% vaccinated and that's not stellar company. Not hyperbole, look it up it's 100%.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Google Butt posted:

lol that every doc and nurse in America isn't wearing at least a half mask at this point

I was jealous of those pics from an airport Starbucks a few days back, they have better PPE than I’ve ever had.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Atrocious Joe posted:

No restaurant or housekeeping services? WTF is this commie bullshit. OPEN BIDEN.

you're gonna shut down the economy over "a hurricane"?? it's not even raining outside. the hurricane is cuba's problem not ours.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Sorry that my news tweets weren’t doomery enough — I’m overly sensitive to the doom today because on Monday my partner goes back to lecturing to 380 students in a crowded auditorium, so I’ve spent the entire day alternating between prepping school supplies for him and crying softly

Thank god for the horse paste laughs

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Schnorkles posted:

the government is literally just letting people die. for no reason.

again.

reptilian_brain posted:

What an absolutely psychotic civilization we've created

oh it wasn't just me thinking jeans were to die for

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

smoobles posted:

you're gonna shut down the economy over "a hurricane"?? it's not even raining outside. the hurricane is cuba's problem not ours.

number will have its due

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4_D07Y3oNk

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Nocturtle posted:

Cellular life has always been prey to viruses, indefatigable enemies ruthlessly culling any overly numerous species. In the evolutionary arms race between virus and life the viruses always win, the only truly reliable counter-measure being space and diversification. Vaccines are an evolutionary cheat code giving living things the edge against the planet's true apex predator for the first time in billions of years.

Though it's really clean water and toilets, figures someone on this site would overlook those.

based on our response to mandatory masking and vaccination, i bet there were objections back then. like a court official travelling to some backwater village and trying to get them to poo poo in a designated downstream area and protests breaking out like "i'll poo poo WHERE i want, WHEN i want."

Goobish
May 31, 2011

I want jeff piotrowski to narrate US covid surges

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

amethystbliss posted:

My sister works in a nursing home. Her employer just hung up this sign.

what's a verbal written warning

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Goobish
May 31, 2011

crepeface posted:

They tell you you're bad and write it down and you sign it lol.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Horseshoe theory posted:

:gizz: only with oil.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Der Meister posted:

who’s the thread doctor

DOCTOR jill biden

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Or maybe you only sign the written one. I dunno, paperwork confuses me too much which is why I know all about these warnings.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lol yeah i was at the ol' tractor supply earlier today and found where they're stashing their covid goop

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Goobish posted:

They tell you you're bad and write it down and you sign it lol.

lol like getting a note sent to your parents

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Schnorkles posted:

I have a significant but very real tinfoil hat on anymore that the government is actively not doing what it should to allow a couple of very difficult population imbalances to sort themselves out.

Starting to think the ‘population control’ vax conspiracies floating around in the past year were yet another attempt to hijack awareness and distract from a very real conspiracy to cull large numbers of the population

same as how the qanon poo poo was a smokescreen backed by actual sex traffickers

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

crepeface posted:

Also termination and reprimanded are spelled wrong. Crack pinging over here and can't stop laughing at it.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Lol

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Homocow posted:

every time you get a covid booster shot you get a little gayer

thank god

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Death By The Blues posted:

That one abandoned hospital in New Orleans that still has ambulances in the front is loving haunting. Cant believe they just completely gave up on it.

I got curious so I looked up abandoned Katrina facilities and found this:

:coolzone:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/the_cancel_mob/status/1431435195190812675

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Nodelphi posted:

So I know I’ve brought this up before, but it’s one of my worst memories.

Imagine you’re at a hospital that has lost power, the generators are out, you’ve got nothing, not even phones. Your vents aren’t working and you are bagging patients. You are doing this in very dim light, no monitors, only the slight squeak of the bag as you squeeze, you’re tired and you just want to stop but you can’t. You hear moaning and crying coming from down the hall but you can’t help, you can’t even step out for a second.

You can’t really stop to check your patient’s blood pressure but you can still feel a thready pulse. Your patient was on medication drips but those have now been left to drip in slowly because you can’t infuse the medications. You feel the tension in your patient’s lungs and realize you’ve let your nerves get to you and you’ve bagged too fast. You seek calm, keep bagging, slow and steady. Pulse remains slow and faint. This could last days.

That’s bagging someone in the aftermath of a hurricane and it’s awful.

haunting

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

the white evangelical persecution complex is annoying as gently caress

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Democrats are professional fundraisers who never wanted to be in charge of anything but couldn't help failing-up. They're happy to take advantage of minorities dying as long as that remains the path of least resistance, but I don't believe that they would decide to use coronavirus as a bioweapon against the underclasses.

Not because of some moral issue though, I just don't believe they're capable of making a decision and then following through.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

I find it way more likely that the governments incompetence is set up in a way that creates the perfect storm with covid to cull poor minorities. It exposes how things are set up to fail the most vulnerable. Like sure, maybe that wasn't the governments intentions, but they sure aren't giving a poo poo. So it's the same result and arguabley just as racist/classist.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

kalensc posted:

Awful App owns though

Forums on a pc feel weird as hell to me now

I love the awful app

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

crepeface posted:

based on our response to mandatory masking and vaccination, i bet there were objections back then. like a court official travelling to some backwater village and trying to get them to poo poo in a designated downstream area and protests breaking out like "i'll poo poo WHERE i want, WHEN i want."

this happens in one of the kingdom come dlcs

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JChengWSJ/status/1431461033323925506?s=20

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
While it is absolutely killing poorer people and minorities, it is refreshing to see that the American petit bourgeoisie get bodied by this wave. The amount of chud local/state level politician, media personalities and small business owners. Great all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

crepeface posted:

don't be ridiculous. when hygiene was broadly rolled out and enforced it wasn't the labourers who were being asked to wash their hands. why on earth would I was my hands, don't you know I'm a doctor not some low class ditch digger.

hand washing was discovered and "lost"/ suppressed by medicine numerous times because it asked wealthy high status people to change their behaviour.