Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

dantheman650 posted:

Sides A-D all have locked grooves at the end of the side. Enjoy :)

Ahaha I was about to say it happened again. I figured it's going to keep doing it after that, that was a good call on whoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

CaptainBeefart posted:

Received a copy of Don Hensley's I Can't Stand Still LP today (sealed even!). Never paid much attention to Dirty Laundry until I've been streaming WFMU's freeform station past couple months while working. One of the DJs loops the first 10-15 seconds of the track for talking over and it's some real good lofi groove.

Oh, hey! My dad is a huge Don Henley fan, I remember him often playing the greatest hits album (Actual Miles?) on road trips.

Part one (of two) of last weekend's finds:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down, kick 'em when they're stiff, kick 'em all around.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

CPL593H posted:

Except for the part when the narrator is doing racist "ching chang chong" poo poo on the track Chinese Water Torture.

I don’t think I’ve far it past the second track as an adult lol. The novelty of Halloween music wears off fast

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Comedy Bang Bang really needs to press the original version of the Monster Mash on 7" for the closest RSD to Halloween.

:hellyeah:

BigFactory posted:

The original and still the best

I've still got my original from when I was a kid. Gonna alternate that and the Quake score I got on vinyl for Halloween this year.

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 27, 2021

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

BigFactory posted:

The original and still the best

Hahaha this is one of the Halloween albums I already have! Good to know I have the essentials locked in.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Phish covered the whole album in a secret Halloween set back in 2014, and they still use drops from it to this day. It's awesome and hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJYGJ_xj1FA

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Rob Crow got Goblin Cock's Bagged and Boarded up on Bandcamp and I will not stand for this censorship. Always be buyin' records with dicks on 'em.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

caligulamprey posted:

Rob Crow got Goblin Cock's Bagged and Boarded up on Bandcamp and I will not stand for this censorship. Always be buyin' records with dicks on 'em.

Wow that's lame as hell

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

caligulamprey posted:

I still remember the day my friends and I discovered the CD at Best Buy as teenagers. Oh how we laughed...

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

caligulamprey posted:

I met a girl with this album art tattooed on a visible part of her body. I wonder what she’s doing these days.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

CaptainBeefart posted:

I still remember the day my friends and I discovered the CD at Best Buy as teenagers. Oh how we laughed...
You should have picked it up, 'cause Goblin Cock rules. :rock:

Also: Goblin Cock rules. :wiggle:

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Speaking of Horror records...

Shipment from LitA this week:

The Aerobics record even comes with a poster!

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Forget the records, look at that adorable paw. :3

The sudden re-pressing of all these city pop records is good for my heart and ears, but bad for my wallet. :pray: Where's the Tatsuro Yamashita represses?!

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
anyone here a third man member who wants to send me a copy of boris's flood :dogcited:

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

Toe Rag posted:

I met a girl with this album art tattooed on a visible part of her body. I wonder what she’s doing these days.

Bad Dragon QA Lab Tech

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

tinaun posted:

anyone here a third man member who wants to send me a copy of boris's flood :dogcited:

Is that the new Vault release?

It is not the new/next Vault release. I just realized the next one will be the 50th so I'm sure they've got something big planned.

edit again: It's not a Vault exclusive so you shouldn't have a problem getting it when they restock. Black vinyl stuff isn't limited so they'll just press more.

edit the third: Plenty of other places have it in stock. All I did was a google.

https://www.merchbar.com/hard-rock-metal/boris/boris-flood-vinyl-record

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Aug 28, 2021

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I just got both The Real Thing and Angel Dust (Faith No More) and I am so loving stoked.

I've liked them for a bit but now I'm poking around in the Mr. Bungle discography as well.

It kinda sucks that Epic may be FNM's most well known song, because it's nowhere near their best, even off that album. At least Midlife Crisis got some popularity from being in Tony Hawk and GTA, I loving love that song.

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Aug 28, 2021

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

CPL593H posted:

Is that the new Vault release?

It is not the new/next Vault release. I just realized the next one will be the 50th so I'm sure they've got something big planned.

edit again: It's not a Vault exclusive so you shouldn't have a problem getting it when they restock. Black vinyl stuff isn't limited so they'll just press more.

edit the third: Plenty of other places have it in stock. All I did was a google.

https://www.merchbar.com/hard-rock-metal/boris/boris-flood-vinyl-record

there's a special color edition thats vault exclusive, but there seems to be plenty of other color versions available from looking around so I can probably pick one up locally.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

caligulamprey posted:

Always be buyin' records with dicks on 'em.
Better get Nevermind while you can

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

Better get Nevermind while you can

Even if the lawsuit over the cover amounts to anything it's not like the album itself will be withdrawn. BUT. What you should know is that the ORG Nirvana reissues keep climbing in price so if you find them or any of the pressings that used those lacquers for reasonable prices get that poo poo. They're the last of the all analog pressings and a bunch of Nirvana's master tapes were lost in that big archive fire. So those will be the last ever all analog issues unless newer releases continue to use those lacquers which isn't always the case for some incredibly stupid reason (I'm looking at you Warner Brothers with the Black Sabbath reissues!).

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
It might not be the last all analog pressings. The ORG came out in late 2009, the fire happened in 2008, so it's possible the original masters still exist.

It is hard to get definitive knowledge of what had been lost. I know Novoselik said that the masters were lost, but it's possible that it was the multis that were lost. It's possible that the 2009s and all other versions were done from a copy.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

We had an organized garage sale day along country highways yesterday. I hardly found any records, but I did find a greater treasure:

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I have the top-left one kicking around somewhere :)

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

wa27 posted:

We had an organized garage sale day along country highways yesterday. I hardly found any records, but I did find a greater treasure:

hot drat!

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

wa27 posted:

Return to innocence 運ポン

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Dead Goon posted:

I have the top-left one kicking around somewhere :)

I think that's the original one. I remember buying it for my mom and it was one of 5 CDs she had so it got a lot of play when I was a kid.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

The cover of Pure Moods 2 is sick.

beeker
Dec 17, 2006

meep meep!
really digging the 90s by way of sedona arizona aesthetic they all radiate

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I was unaware that the last one, "celestial celebration" existed, I've got the others. I assumed it was a christmas album based on the name (they actually do have a christmas album in the series, but that's 1998's "christmas moods") but no, it's essentially volume 5.

I was, a little bit ago, while I was planning my day, thinking about a shop near here I've been to a couple of times that opened two, maybe four years ago. I forget the name but it's right by the best buy near the mall (google tells me it's "collector's crossroads") and it's...not great? like, the stuff they have is great. weird antiques over there, comic books over there, records next to the video games and sports memorabilia, etc. but everything is massively overpriced and they don't really care about the condition of anything when they're setting prices, so it's a definite crapshoot. also, the staff are exactly the middle-aged white guys you think they are however, the selection of titles available (while safely circling mostly around dadrock territory) is wider within that territory than basically any place else in town. if i go down to waterloo, the chances they have, like, any cheap trick/styx/kansas/etc records? they'll have one or two. this place has all the copies. like, on a side table, they had a stack of poorer-condition records they didn't have room for on the shelves (something like ten copies of live bullet that all looked like they had a belt sander taken to them) So, like, yeah, you can spend 15 bucks on discogs and get a record a week and a half later or spend 30 (or more) on the same record at this joint and have it now, which is a difficult part of the brain to fight with.

I've only bought a couple records from there - an okay copy of rush's "archives" which was their first three albums in one sleeve for easy pickup when they got popular with their fourth album and...poo poo, I forget what the other one was.

it's not the sort of place I want to blow a chunk of change at, because I'll get like half again or twice as many more records for the same money at breakaway or waterloo, but every so often my brain will go like "you should get a billy joel record" and that's the place I'm most likely to find the one I'm thinking of.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Cemetry Gator posted:

It might not be the last all analog pressings. The ORG came out in late 2009, the fire happened in 2008, so it's possible the original masters still exist.

It is hard to get definitive knowledge of what had been lost. I know Novoselik said that the masters were lost, but it's possible that it was the multis that were lost. It's possible that the 2009s and all other versions were done from a copy.

Well at the very least I know the ORG lacquers for those and the Sonic Youth series were used on later non-ORG pressings. Why the labels don't just keep using lacquers from really good remasters is beyond me because I will never stop being pissed off that Warner just did away with the really good Black Sabbath reissues and replaced them with "new remasters!" that were inferior quality digital versions.

Also, holy Jesus that's so long ago. I thought that poo poo was only a few years ago I have wasted my life.

wa27 posted:

They didn't have any Garth Brooks?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hey, I haven't seen Animal Collective's Fall be Kind on a shelf in awhile! I also bought a friend a copy of Air's 10 000 Hz Legend on CD for the road trip home too, 'cause I'm a good friend.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The new Beach Boys set has shipped. There were a variety of combinations, including vinyl, but the only one with all the music was 5 CDs. It's presented as a big hardback book, with extensive liner notes.

I haven't had a chance to listen to much of it yet, but it does include the long-rumored alternate version of 'Til I Die with slightly happier lyrics. Unless they go back to the beginning, there may only be one more extensive set left out of the band's archives: the Holland era. There's very little worth listening to after and a big factor in these sets - Brian Wilson's music construction - is non-existent.

Anyhow, the Feel Flows box set.

I'm one of the very few big Beach Boys fans on this board. I can easily admit that the group wasn't great lyrically. It's the combination of voices and Wilson's background tracks and for the last few years, their archives have been amazing at putting together the sets with these.

This is the backing track for one of their lesser-known singles, Friends:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI6U225I4tM

And the vocal track for Let the Wind Blow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb6qqVWPb6c

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost
I waited to order Turnstile's new Album and it's sold out. Kind of bummed. If you don't pre-order an album anymore it seems impossible to get it. Maybe they'll do a reissue someday when there is actual capacity to make records.

That Guy From Pearldiver
Apr 18, 2001

President and Sole Member of the Andre Braugher Appreciation Society

That Guy From Pearldiver posted:

It's bizarre, but I don't believe I've ever seen Transcendental Youth on Vinyl.

Oh Hey

The Mountain Goats goodness continues. First time I ever saw Life of the World to Come in the wild.

Being as I thought I was a annoying Bob Mould fanboy it was driving me crazy not knowing what this was on first sight. Turned out to be part of the Savage Young Du collection

and this, because reasons.

Thank you https://www.shugarecords.com/ and https://www.reckless.com/

That Guy From Pearldiver fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 29, 2021

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

That Guy From Pearldiver posted:

Being as I thought I was a annoying Bob Mould fanboy it was driving me crazy not knowing what this was on first sight. Turned out to be part of the Savage Young Du collection

Is that the big $100+ box set from 2-3 years ago?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Reckless is good

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
If you city pop folks want a pretty good song and a pretty bad album, Plastic Love single and Variety are getting reissues

https://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_%E7...%83%89_12164238

https://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_%E7...%83%89_12164240

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

(1976)

Finally! (1981)

(1984)

(1986)

(1986)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU