Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah NXT was basically already yellow Raw and had been for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you're out of your minds if you think NXT is anywhere as close to how bad raw is or has been over the last three years

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Vince McMahon and Bruce Prichard will be "producing" NXT with Dave Meltzer later adding that "McMahon and Prichard will be behind the big decisions, not the little ones, and will be behind marketing, promotion, and direction. Their role in booking >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>may<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< only be regarding those at the top."

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqeiiiiJQYk

So thats why she skipped SummerSlam

Stuck on the toilet blowing lava into the toilet.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MJeff posted:

Yeah NXT was basically already yellow Raw and had been for a while.

Same energy

https://twitter.com/titowrestling/status/1433180228852006918?t=TluEBGFZCbfC53wkhqJekg&s=19

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Quantum of Phallus posted:

you're out of your minds if you think NXT is anywhere as close to how bad raw is or has been over the last three years

You can tell me the Io/Stark wacky Japanese food segment wasn't as bad as Johnny Drip Drip, but we're really splitting hairs we don't have to.

The shows suck mate

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Billy Gunn/Triple H you still workin' for WWE comic

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I can't speak to the relative difference between RAW and NXT because I don't watch either regularly enough to make such distinctions. But I tried to give NXT a shot a few times and while it was a bit better in the early days it definitely felt more and more WWE and by the time it moved to USA I couldn't really tell the difference. NXT had a bit more young/indie talent and RAW had more of the same old same old but structurally in the booking, production, layout, etc the house style was firmly in place.

Matter of fact it was watching NXT that made me really capable of seeing the formula plainly. After a couple of weeks I could basically script the matches and show out of instinct and pattern.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 1, 2021

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Mr Tito itt, that takes me back

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Very excited for NXT to drop its gazillion false finishes house style and become the same plodding formulaic mess that main roster matches are

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

You can tell me the Io/Stark wacky Japanese food segment wasn't as bad as Johnny Drip Drip, but we're really splitting hairs we don't have to.

The shows suck mate

yes but Raw sucks poo poo through a straw

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

mkay0 posted:

his phat daily column was so phat.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

So how long till HHH is back in the ring since he has gently caress all to do now?

I was about to ask, what does he even do anymore now that he's lost NXT?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Maybe they'll still let him point at people

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

oof lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Digital Jedi posted:

So how long till HHH is back in the ring since he has gently caress all to do now?

How many days until October 21st?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Punchsport Pagoda Humiliation for loser Hunter: :siren:Full Charlotte vs Nia Match:siren:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqeiiiiJQYk

So thats why she skipped SummerSlam

I'd rather spend time hanging out with Sean Evans than being on WWE shows too she made the right call

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

mkay0 posted:

His article about how Punk DEFINITELY won't sign with AEW because of a salary cap that the EVPs have that nobody is allowed to go past has aged like dirt.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Billy Gunn/Triple H you still workin' for WWE comic

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Tiny Samoa Joe isn't real he can't hurt you

Tiny Samoa Joe

https://twitter.com/BobbyHiII_/status/1433188438623272960?s=19

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

How long before someone reminds Vince that NXT UK exists?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Sometime in September the COVID benefits for furloughed workers end.

So, you know, maybe this month.

Pastamania
Mar 5, 2012

You cannot know.
The things I've seen.
The things I've done.
The things he made me do.
the gently caress is going on with Vince McMahons face, he looks like his own waxwork statue.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Vince relocate Titan Towers to Full Sail

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Pastamania posted:

the gently caress is going on with Vince McMahons face, he looks like his own waxwork statue.

He’s in his mid 70s and made entirely out of PED’s and steak and ketchup.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I'd already long given up on NXT well before AEW existed just because it seemed pointless getting behind all these talent that were 99% guaranteed to get called up and have their careers slowly choked to death on the main roster, and that's when the show was good. At this point, now that the talent have no future and the show it self is just guaranteed garbage? Ain't never going back.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rhonne posted:

When he asks where the large German guy went.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Lamuella posted:

I do actually feel sorry for people who were serious NXT fans (and there were quite a few of them at one point). They had something they thought was special, and it first got used as a weapon in a game of "let's you and him fight" and then just bled dry.
I was for about as long as I could; creating that new NXT thread, but then burned out of it with most wrestling since I didn't like the idea I was being fash for watching and enjoying it

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Pastamania posted:

Looks like the joker without the makeup

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

I tried for several seconds to find the clip of Triple H trying to retire and the crowd just chanting "Nah nah nah nah hey hey hey goodbye" at him

I've never seen this, but would very much like to. I also find it impossible to guess when this would actually have been - seems like it could have occurred at any point in the last 15 years.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lid posted:

Tiny Samoa Joe isn't real he can't hurt you

Tiny Samoa Joe

https://twitter.com/BobbyHiII_/status/1433188438623272960?s=19

Read that as "bad decisions."

What's the difference, lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Answers Me posted:

I've never seen this, but would very much like to. I also find it impossible to guess when this would actually have been - seems like it could have occurred at any point in the last 15 years.

I think they're conflating two incidents - when the Authority lost power (for six months) and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z3XUScbVn8

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

achillesforever6 posted:

I was for about as long as I could; creating that new NXT thread, but then burned out of it with most wrestling since I didn't like the idea I was being fash for watching and enjoying it

Takeover Level Card.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

mr mcmahon looks like a character from the film Cats

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Lid posted:

I think they're conflating two incidents - when the Authority lost power (for six months) and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z3XUScbVn8

no there was definitely some match, maybe the roman title match, where he stuck around the ring for the big "oh gee whiz i lost i cant believe it im so hosed up but i must leave the ring on my own power and the power of my friends" and everyone just chanted that

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Looks as though Vince has actually been dead for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is like the 4th time Vince has fired his own son. It won't last, I give it 4 months.