Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Whoreson Welles posted:

You all can ignore this but I just need to salt/dramapost so I can sleep tonight. I’m on the left.

I’ve come in last in this keeper league two years in a row, and this will probably be year three. I don’t understand how anyone can be this bad at fantasy football. I do the Beersheets and Fantasypros and all the experts and weekly articles. I’ve done research, I’ve “gone with my gut”, I just can’t seem to form a reliable team. Every year it feels like my picks all bust and even playing the waivers isn’t enough to supplement my team. Am I just doomed? Bad? Unlucky?

I know it’s only Week 1 and means nothing but holy poo poo what an absolutely demoralizing start to the season.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk. I’m not giving up on the season and maybe I’ll be back here in a few weeks gloating about my team but I just needed to vent.

TBH i'd rather lose like this than by 1 point on a missed XP or because you benched the wrong guy or something else stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

A guy in one of my redraft leagues offered me "Roethlisburger for any one of your QBs, straight up". My QBs are RWilson, Tannehill, Winston, and Bridgewater (its a 12 team SF league). I love fantasy Football, I havent gotten such a good laugh in a while.

mcmagic posted:

TBH i'd rather lose like this than by 1 point on a missed XP or because you benched the wrong guy or something else stupid.
Hell, same.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
nm

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

shirts and skins posted:

It's legit really good news for him though. The targets are there, which means the points can follow.

I am completely aware of this. But talking about target pace after game one is still very funny, as is round one in the Pitts battle being a big wet fart. TE23 on the week and people took him over Hockenson (who had more targets than Pitts)

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Spoeank posted:

I am completely aware of this. But talking about target pace after game one is still very funny, as is round one in the Pitts battle being a big wet fart. TE23 on the week and people took him over Hockenson (who had more targets than Pitts)

Yeah. I drafted Pitts in a PPR league and regretted it almost immediately. I didn't like the mid round TEs, don't know what I was doing. I would definitely have taken Hock there over him and in retrospect none of my other choices there were good ideas (see Jeudy, Jerry), but yeah. Hope Pitts breaks out soon, but only so I can trade him asap.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I knew having Pitts the #4 TE as a rookie wasn't going to work out.

Also I don't know why I always avoid Rams players. I got destroyed by them in three different leagues. Every time Cooper Kupp comes up in a draft, kind of like Adam Thielen, I go no thanks. Then those guys go off all season.

I'm glad Jeudy didn't break his ankle but also my bench is all kinds of hosed up. Echoing the Trey Sermon confusion here. I should have started Tee Higgins. I should have sat Saquon Barkley.

I'm going 0-3

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Sounds like Heinicke is gonna be starting in Washington for the foreseeable future.

Any thoughts on him? I'm thinking of blowing my FAAB on him in superflex dynasty. Waiver is really thin and I remember he looked pretty good last year. The potential to get a starting quarterback off waivers in a superflex league is big.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well from the game yesterday I can say it is disconcerting that he throws a rainbow for a 25 yard pass and makes me think his arm is terrible. Correct me if I'm wrong.

edit: I'm starting Ty'Son Williams in two leagues. It would be very nice if he were to blow up tonight.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 13, 2021

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
With the luck of ravens RBs so far, hoping he blows up isn't exactly how I'd phrase it :sweatdrop:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Mecole Hardman was going in rounds 12-14 of PPR 12-team leagues. 3 targets in a close shootout yesterday. Droppable?

Anyone a Chiefs fan that watched the whole game have insight as to his role or how he did?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea someone mentioned that last year if you picked the highest scoring WR on the Chiefs every week it would total up to like wide receiver #37 or something equally bad for the season.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I wouldn’t really want him outside of best ball. You’ll never start him unless you don’t have a choice.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RCarr posted:

Yea someone mentioned that last year if you picked the highest scoring WR on the Chiefs every week it would total up to like wide receiver #37 or something equally bad for the season.
I thought it was if you totalled all the non-Hill receivers on the Chiefs? In any case, hoping for a third pass catcher there to start lighting it up seems like a longshot.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It was a weird game. Hardman wasn't targeted but neither was Robinson or anyone else not named Kelce or Hill. I'd wait a game before dropping him, I'm holding on in dynasty.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I thought it was if you totalled all the non-Hill receivers on the Chiefs? In any case, hoping for a third pass catcher there to start lighting it up seems like a longshot.

Yea my bad I meant non-Hill receiver. Basically anyone on the team besides Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, and CEH is worthless fantasy wise.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RCarr posted:

Yea my bad I meant non-Hill receiver. Basically anyone on the team besides Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, and CEH is worthless fantasy wise.

This is Butkerasure

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

kiimo posted:

It was a weird game. Hardman wasn't targeted but neither was Robinson or anyone else not named Kelce or Hill. I'd wait a game before dropping him, I'm holding on in dynasty.

I'd advise a hold. While I have a TON of doubts about the Browns especially the defense Joe Woods is getting to do what he really wants and that's absolute blanket zone coverage. 2 first round picks (Ward continues to prove he's legit) and a 2nd at corner, 2nd round rookie pass coverage LB and investments on solid veteran DB's in FA. There's just tons of investment in coverage in cleveland.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

This is Butkerasure

The Armchair Quarterback > Fantasy Football 2021: No Kicker Talk

edit:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'd advise a hold. While I have a TON of doubts about the Browns especially the defense Joe Woods is getting to do what he really wants and that's absolute blanket zone coverage. 2 first round picks (Ward continues to prove he's legit) and a 2nd at corner, 2nd round rookie pass coverage LB and investments on solid veteran DB's in FA. There's just tons of investment in coverage in cleveland.

The Browns also allowed 33 points on 8 possessions which is not good. I think the takeaway here is Hill and Kelce were very effective.

Hardman had 3 targets and 3 receptions. He also ran out of bounds with at least 2 yards to spare on 2nd and 9. He's a moron, which is a legit issue.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 13, 2021

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

I need around 15 pts from tucker tonight. Let's go

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

kiimo posted:

edit:

The Browns also allowed 33 points on 8 possessions which is not good. I think the takeaway here is Hill and Kelce were very effective.

Hardman had 3 targets and 3 receptions. He also ran out of bounds with at least 2 yards to spare on 2nd and 9. He's a moron, which is a legit issue.

I'm not questioning Tyreek or Kelce just another angle of "hold onto the other guys"

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/nwagoner/status/1437499131501719552

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

It was me and if you successfully chose the correct WR2 every week last year for the Chiefs it was like WR40.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

*sigh*

At least it's an easy drop decision

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Maybe drafting Trey Sermon was NOT a mistake?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Sermon wasn’t given touches because “he simply wasnt among the top 3 rbs coming out of camp” so despite drafting him, I am concerned

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1437500200910610436?s=10

I feel seen

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

I got the #1 waiver tip. Eli Mitchell here I come!

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

i would personally not put myself in a position where I'm over extended on a SF injury replacement RB. shanny has demonstrated over and over that you should believe the opposite of what he says to the media.

both of my teams are an absolute wasteland--at kickoff Sunday I thought najee Harris, saquon, CEH, and Mostert was the best overall RB group in my league and cooper Kupp scored me more than all of them combined. idk what the gently caress to do but I don't think Eli Mitchell is the answer

Ghislaine of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 13, 2021

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

i would personally not put myself in a position where I'm over extended on a SF injury replacement RB. shanny has demonstrated over and over that you should believe the opposite of what he says to the media.

both of my teams are an absolute wasteland--at kickoff Sunday I thought najee Harris, saquon, CEH, and Mostert was the best overall RB group in my league and cooper Kupp scored me more than all of them combined. idk what the gently caress to do but I don't think Eli Mitchell is the answer

If you have a better player to grab than Mitchell, go for it, but you should be dropping Mostert for someone, and Mitchell is the best bet in that backfield for now

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

1 point lead and my Ty'Son Williams vs his Kenyan Drake, PPR.

Relying on the BAL run game... not optimal.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 13, 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

1 point lead and my Ty'Son Williams vs his Kenyan Drake, PPR.

Relying on the BAL run game... not optimal.
At least relying on the LV run game is less optimal.

Spoeank posted:

It was me and if you successfully chose the correct WR2 every week last year for the Chiefs it was like WR40.
lmao

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

I think the internet consensus of "just avoid this backfield" now that everyone got burned by Sermon and Mostert is a bit lazy. Week 1 has shown us that preseason means nothing (a lesson we seem to re-learn every year), and people waiting for Sermon to get his chance since he wasn't ready/is a rookie or whatever are being a little too optimistic about him IMO. Sermon wasn't just a backup, or even third string--he was a scratch. Healthy scratch week 1 for a running back--which should be the easiest position to immediately produce in the NFL--is a neon red flag. Mitchell is a rookie too, and he already showed us that he can carry the load. Hasty only got one carry after Mostert went down. I think most big-time waiver pickups happen early in the season, and the potential starting RB for one of the best rushing teams in football seems like an opportunity that would be tough to pass up. I wouldn't drop Sermon at this time, but he may be getting the Dante Pettis treatment.

I'll admit that I'm biased since I picked up Mitchell Sunday morning.

Butter Hole fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 13, 2021

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I know the real answer is neither, but who is more likely to put up 31 non PPR points tonight. Ty'Son Williams or a sick Josh Jacobs?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Butter Hole posted:

I think the internet consensus of "just avoid this backfield" now that everyone got burned by Sermon and Mostert is a bit lazy. Week 1 has shown us that preseason means nothing (a lesson we seem to re-learn every year), and people waiting for Sermon to get his chance since he wasn't ready/is a rookie or whatever are being a little too optimistic about him IMO. Sermon wasn't just a backup, or even third string--he was a scratch. Healthy scratch week 1 for a running back--which should be the easiest position to immediately produce in the NFL--is a neon red flag. Mitchell is a rookie too, and he already showed us that he can carry the load. Hasty only got one carry after Mostert went down. I think most big-time waiver pickups happen early in the season, and the potential starting RB for one of the best rushing teams in football seems like an opportunity that would be tough to pass up. I wouldn't drop Sermon at this time, but he may be getting the Dante Pettis treatment.

I'll admit that I'm biased since I picked up Mitchell Sunday morning.

Yeah, agree on all this. I think it's somewhat similar to the Baltimore situation, where it's pretty muddied at the moment, but if Williams (or Murray or Freeman or Bell) come out and run for 100+ yards, you should make moves going forward at least expecting that guy to get the chance to solidify being the top RB. It's no sure thing after 1 game, but you also need to believe a coach putting their 1st choice guy in and getting a big game does mean something.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

I have a wasteland of RB's besides Antonio Gibson, so I need something. Eli Mitchell will help

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Not feeling great about Gesicki as my TE, any likely waiver wire TEs worth picking up?

I'm considering Juwan Johnson, he definitely put up points this week and Winston does like throwing to TEs; see the performance by Cameron Brate and OJ Howard when he was still a Buc. I may be just chasing this weeks points, though.

Everett and Njoku are also on the wire for me, .5 PPR.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Epi Lepi posted:

Not feeling great about Gesicki as my TE, any likely waiver wire TEs worth picking up?

I'm considering Juwan Johnson, he definitely put up points this week and Winston does like throwing to TEs; see the performance by Cameron Brate and OJ Howard when he was still a Buc. I may be just chasing this weeks points, though.

Everett and Njoku are also on the wire for me, .5 PPR.
I really like Everett on the Seahawks this year so if it were me that is who I would pick. I think I saw something about Juwan splitting snaps at TE with Trautman yesterday somewhere, and they were fairly equal and it was Juwan who got the targets yesterday.

edit: and I wouldnt feel good about Gesicki as my TE on redraft (he was on my do not draft list) because he was sharing targets with Durham Smythe last year, and this year the WR targets are a lot more appealing too.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I like Njoku

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
What ever happened to Jeff Wilson Jr. for SF? Yahoo says he on the pup-r list, is that the covid quarantine list?

He had that game last season where he had three touchdowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

bows1 posted:

I like Njoku
Anything that jumps out about him? I'm scared off by the being on a run first team that has several capable TEs and WRs.