Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

abelwingnut posted:

got offered josh jacobs for swift. thoughts? jacobs looked really good last night, i thought. fast, agile, moved really well. i didn't watch swift. but based on their teams' respective makeups, i'd rather have jacobs on lv than swift on det?

i don't know. again, new to fantasy football so curious what you all think.

lol no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Josh Jacobs reportedly has turf toe and seemed to be in pain multiple times throughout the game.

I'd be trying to sell high on him too.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

pmchem posted:

who are you guys willing to sell high on? good week 1 performances that you don’t want on your team?

I want to sell Jamaal Williams but I doubt anyone would give me anything worthwhile.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
If anyone is valuing AB or Gronk as close to the overall WR1 or TE1 of 5 years ago, I'd sell them

I dunno, if anything seems like there's more buy lows. Calvin Ridley, maybe CEH, maaaybe James Robinson? Idk. Anyone panic selling Zeke or Saquon, cause they'll still get volume even if they are slow/bad for a bit.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

abelwingnut posted:

got offered josh jacobs for swift. thoughts? jacobs looked really good last night, i thought. fast, agile, moved really well. i didn't watch swift. but based on their teams' respective makeups, i'd rather have jacobs on lv than swift on det?

I would keep Swift. Swift is going to get a lot of dump offs because the Lion's D is going to be bottom 3 this year. Jacobs could be good but his OL is suspect, the Raiders like to pass, and is competing with Kenyan Drake for passing targets (while Swift seemed to share that role with Jamaal).

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

pmchem posted:

who are you guys willing to sell high on? good week 1 performances that you don’t want on your team?

I'm trying to move Deebo Samuel, without success so far. He's really good and probably pretty valuable but he's an injury risk and I need to trade WR depth for RB depth.

With that in mind, thoughts on moving Deebo for Javonte Williams or Miles Gaskin in standard? Feel like the former especially could be a good play given the likelihood he slowly takes over for Gordon.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 14, 2021

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Looks like NO has a covid outbreak so keep an eye out for that game against CAR.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

shirts and skins posted:

I'm trying to move Deebo Samuel, without success so far. He's really good and probably pretty valuable but he's an injury risk and I need to trade WR depth for RB depth.

With that in mind, thoughts on moving Deebo for Javonte Williams or Miles Gaskin in standard? Feel like the former especially could be a good play given the likelihood he slowly takes over for Gordon.

Deebo rules why in the hell would you even consider selling that low on him?

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

1-1 to start, won the week in a few best ball leagues, and great MNF game, lost 14pts benching Carr for Allen but was happy to see him perform. Lost points benching Melvin Gordon III in both leagues.

12-team, Yahoo Half PPR, 6PPTD, 0.2comp, 3 IDPs, significantly increased D/ST (Sacks 2 Picks 2 Fumb Rec 2 TD 6 Safe 3 Blk Kick 2) and IDP scoring (Tack 1 Sack 2 Pick 3 Force Fumb 2 Fumb Rec 2 TD 6 Safe 4 Pass Def 1 Blk Kick 3):
1. (9) Davante Adams (GB - WR)
2. (16) Joe Mixon (Cin - RB)
3. (33) Josh Allen (Buf - QB)
4. (40) Robert Woods (LAR - WR)
5. (57) Kareem Hunt (Cle - RB)
6. (64) Darrell Henderson Jr. (LAR - RB)
7. (81) Melvin Gordon III (Den - RB)
8. (88) Tyler Boyd (Cin - WR)
9. (105) Logan Thomas (Was - TE)
10. (112) Laviska Shenault Jr. (Jax - WR)
11. (129) Irv Smith Jr. (Min - TE)
12. (136) DeVante Parker (Mia - WR)
13. (153) Roquan Smith (Chi - LB)
14. (160) Myles Garrett (Cle - DE)
15. (177) Rashaad Penny (Sea - RB)
16. (184) Cole Beasley (Buf - WR)
17. (201) Malcolm Brown (Mia - RB)
19. (225) Damien Williams (Chi - RB)
20. (232) Derek Carr (LV - QB)
21. (249) Jason Sanders (Mia - K)
22. (256) John Johnson III (Cle - S)
D/ST Carolina

Wire is pretty bare for D/ST unfortunately so going to continue to stream options this week: Packers, Giants, Panthers. No idea on IDPs given how shallow our league is with them. My inclination is to go with guys that get more of their points from tackles which I think is a more reliable source for points. Might pick up Maxx Crosby off his performance Monday night.

Have an empty bench spot, cuts would likely be Malcom Brown or Damien Williams. On the wire: Elijah Mitchell, Carlos Hyde, Zach Pascal, Juwan Johnson, Danny Amendola, KJ Hamler. Think I'm good at WR, probably will make a run at Mitchell, maybe Hyde and Johnson. Any good rules of thumb with FAAB? Figure there's diminishing returns as season goes on but also don't want to blow my wad and miss out on some breakout a little later on.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Deebo rules why in the hell would you even consider selling that low on him?

Because it's a standard league, I have only two RBs on my roster, and my other WRs are McLaurin, Keenan Allen, DJ Moore, Chase Claypool, and Devonta Smith. You're right that that's probably not enough value for him, but I could really use some RB depth.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Who would you pick up from the wrs below in 0.5 ppr (for a W/T Flex)?

C Kirk - Ari
Z Pascal - Ind
J Johnson - NO
V Jefferson - LAR
J Reagor - Phi
T Patrick - Den

I think my preference is (1) Kirk, (2a) Reagor, (2b) Pascal, based on the number of targets.

Pascal will be less valuable later on as the other WRs heal and develop.

Thoughts?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

shirts and skins posted:

Because it's a standard league, I have only two RBs on my roster, and my other WRs are McLaurin, Keenan Allen, DJ Moore, Chase Claypool, and Devonta Smith. You're right that that's probably not enough value for him, but I could really use some RB depth.

I’d rather try and sell high on one of those other WRs and get a worse backup RB than get rid of Deebo.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’d rather try and sell high on one of those other WRs and get a better RB than what you’d get for selling low on Deebo.

Do you mean sell high as in for a better player? If I sold Deebo now it would probably be for about his max value, he's healthy and just came off a monster game.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

shirts and skins posted:

Do you mean sell high as in for a better player? If I sold Deebo now it would probably be for about his max value, he's healthy and just came off a monster game.

I mean pick one of the non-Deebo WRs, whoever you think is selling for the highest, and trade them for a RB.

I agree Deebz is a health risk but I think trade partners would recognize this as well. Plus, Deebo is going to be a championship winner (if he’s healthy) down the road as Lance comes in more and more.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Who would you pick up from the wrs below in 0.5 ppr (for a W/T Flex)?

C Kirk - Ari
Z Pascal - Ind
J Johnson - NO
V Jefferson - LAR
J Reagor - Phi
T Patrick - Den

I think my preference is (1) Kirk, (2a) Reagor, (2b) Pascal, based on the number of targets.

Pascal will be less valuable later on as the other WRs heal and develop.

Thoughts?

Kirk's my guy, though I base that on exactly 0 research

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

kiimo posted:

I knew having Pitts the #4 TE as a rookie wasn't going to work out.

Also I don't know why I always avoid Rams players. I got destroyed by them in three different leagues. Every time Cooper Kupp comes up in a draft, kind of like Adam Thielen, I go no thanks. Then those guys go off all season.

I'm glad Jeudy didn't break his ankle but also my bench is all kinds of hosed up. Echoing the Trey Sermon confusion here. I should have started Tee Higgins. I should have sat Saquon Barkley.

I'm going 0-3

Yeah I kinda agree, although those two players are pretty different. Thielen is super reliable, he pretty much always is gonna get you between 14 and 25 in PPR. Kupp is very streaky and matchup dependent, he's as likely to go for 40 points as he is for 7 or 8.

But with Stafford around the ball is gonna be thrown better and probably more often. And Kupp is KINDA WR1 over there, yeah there's Woods the veteran and Jefferson the second year player but out of all those guys Kupp is probably the go-to guy.

That being said I didn't draft a single Ram either, even though they're one of my favorite teams. They just spread the ball around as a general practice.

pmchem posted:

Mecole Hardman was going in rounds 12-14 of PPR 12-team leagues. 3 targets in a close shootout yesterday. Droppable?

Anyone a Chiefs fan that watched the whole game have insight as to his role or how he did?

Based on my eye test Hardman is garbage, reminds me of MVS a little bit in that I just don't think he has the traits to be a good receiver in the NFL. All he has is speed, and even getting him into a position to utilize that is troublesome. Bad hands, bad vision, really stiff as an athlete.

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Sermon wasn’t given touches because “he simply wasnt among the top 3 rbs coming out of camp” so despite drafting him, I am concerned

It seems like they are sticking with it. It goes Elijah Mitchell, then JaMycal Hasty, then Trey Sermon.

Epi Lepi posted:

Not feeling great about Gesicki as my TE, any likely waiver wire TEs worth picking up?

I'm considering Juwan Johnson, he definitely put up points this week and Winston does like throwing to TEs; see the performance by Cameron Brate and OJ Howard when he was still a Buc. I may be just chasing this weeks points, though.

Everett and Njoku are also on the wire for me, .5 PPR.

Catchless game to start the year is rough as gently caress. I'm holding onto him for now as I only have the one other tight end and I feel like there is still a small chance he comes on later. But I'll be looking out for other TEs on the waiver wire. I would put Juwan Johnson in a similar situation as Gesicki, despite the fact that he actually scored points week 1. I think trading one for the other would be fine

shirts and skins posted:

So it appears Waller gets a lot of targets?

I took him 14th overall, insanely early. He could easily have a record-breaking year at tight end and I just didn't like my other WR/RB options at that spot. He still scored well but if he hadn't had several drops it would've been huge. I think he's gonna be really reliable for a tight end this year, and end up anywhere from best to third best

abelwingnut posted:

That's a close one. Swift is a clear RB1 in Detroit. So is Jacobs, but it's clear Kenyon Drake is going to get almost all the designed catches that aren't checkdowns. Frankly I would not want to get rid of Swift, he's explosive and will get a good amount of work

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Koopa Kid posted:

Kirk's my guy, though I base that on exactly 0 research

I’m leaning that way too.

Might look at E Sanders, he saw a lot of targets for the Bills and that offense should pick up sometime.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

That's a close one. Swift is a clear RB1 in Detroit. So is Jacobs, but it's clear Kenyon Drake is going to get almost all the designed catches that aren't checkdowns. Frankly I would not want to get rid of Swift, he's explosive and will get a good amount of work
Jamaal scored higher than Swift and I guess technically got the start this past Sunday.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
fitz on IR

someone load up the mclaurin+heinicke stack

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SeaborneClink posted:

fitz on IR

someone load up the mclaurin+heinicke stack

also

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1437856929510998020

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

How much were Mitchell and Hasty used during the preseason?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

abelwingnut posted:

I thought that he looked in pain after every run...

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

abelwingnut posted:

i didn't watch swift.

Every year our Discord picks a player whom we are convinced is being massively under-valued by the fantasy analysis community. A player who is clearly being ranked by last year's stats without factoring in new opportunities, changes to their team, and, most importantly, watching lots of tape.

Last year's player was Josh Allen, who finished as the #1 fantasy player in a lot of scoring systems.

This year, it's D'Andre Swift.

- Anthony Lynn became OC of the Lions in 2021. Lynn turned Ekeler from an UDFA into a borderline first round fantasy darling
- Swift was a top 20 RB last year on a crummy offense that only gave him 160 touches. Offensive struggles are not a factor. Volume is not a factor.
- On tape, Swift looked poised to make the leap towards the end of 2020: Looking past the next potential tackler to try and spot holes and shifts later on in the play. Spectacular talent

There is not a realistic fantasy football trade that would cause me to let go of Swift, whom I hold in 10 of my 12 non-dynasty leagues.

Hold your swifts tight!

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 14, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm spending 313 / 1000 on Elijah Mitchell.

God help me.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

kiimo posted:

I'm spending 313 / 1000 on Elijah Mitchell.

God help me.

Dropping 32/100 and a backup 6 bucks on Hasty in case I don't get Mitch.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Drunk Nerds posted:

Every year our Discord picks a player whom we are convinced is being massively under-valued by the fantasy analysis community. A player who is clearly being ranked by last year's stats without factoring in new opportunities, changes to their team, and, most importantly, watching lots of tape.

Last year's player was Josh Allen, who finished as the #1 fantasy player in a lot of scoring systems.

This year, it's D'Andre Swift.

- Anthony Lynn became OC of the Lions in 2021. Lynn turned Ekeler from an UDFA into a borderline first round fantasy darling
- Swift was a top 20 RB last year on a crummy offense that only gave him 160 touches. Offensive struggles are not a factor. Volume is not a factor.
- On tape, Swift looked poised to make the leap towards the end of 2020: Looking past the next potential tackler to try and spot holes and shifts later on in the play. Spectacular talent

There is not a realistic fantasy football trade that would cause me to let go of Swift, whom I hold in 10 of my 12 non-dynasty leagues.

Hold your swifts tight!

Cue Swift going to IR

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
It's that time of year again

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1437871060557385734

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I've got #1 waiver and thinking about grabbing Mitchell with Mostert out for the season.

1 PPR and my RBs are Saquon, Sanders, Ronald Jones, 4net, Latavius, and Drake. WRs are Adams, Metcalf, Aiyuk, and Mooney. With Aiyuk looking real iffy, i'm thin at WR but i don't think any of the available WR's are worth wasting the waiver.

Thinking of dropping Drake? Or should i hold steady

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cue Swift going to IR

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

this whole mitchell thing just feels like a trap

spend 1/3 of your faab on him and he's getting 20% of the snaps by week 4

I hate situations like this and might just pass on him for that reason

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Somebody offered me Swift for Fournette and Lockett. Seems like an overpay but then again I have a lot of WR and I believe in Swift. Thoughts?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Lockett is going to be great this year but so is swift if things stay healthy.

If you are comfy with your WR depth I would do it. Swift has that RB premium and he could be big big big.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Still scouring for a lottery wr for my flex spot.

Maybe I should trade one of my rbs…I’ve got Hines on my bench.

E: actually maybe I should just chill and settle for a consistent but meh wr for the W/T flex. I’ve got Boyd there now and he might be okay in 0.5 ppr.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

this whole mitchell thing just feels like a trap

spend 1/3 of your faab on him and he's getting 20% of the snaps by week 4

I hate situations like this and might just pass on him for that reason

Sure but you have to take a shot at guys like this or you'll never get a 2020 James Robinson. Best case scenario not spending the money is someone like CMC or Kamara goes down and you bid it all and hope whatever FAAB tiebreaker goes your way and the handcuff is actually worth it.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
What are some good IDP ranking sites? IDP Guru’s turned into mostly a pay site recently.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Floofy posted:

What are some good IDP ranking sites? IDP Guru’s turned into mostly a pay site recently.

Interested in this too. At this point, I just look at depth charts and try to grab guys that combine the higher value positions + good draft/contract capital. (Talking dynasty tho)

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

sourdough posted:

Interested in this too. At this point, I just look at depth charts and try to grab guys that combine the higher value positions + good draft/contract capital. (Talking dynasty tho)

Fantasysixpack does a weekly article I think. Or it did last year.

Also: check snap counts more than anything.

Edit: idpguys. Thought OP said it, but he said idpgurus which is different.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 14, 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

Somebody offered me Swift for Fournette and Lockett. Seems like an overpay but then again I have a lot of WR and I believe in Swift. Thoughts?
If you believe in your other WRs I think I would do that. I dont believe in Fournette (though I'm biased) and as Drunk Nerds said, Swift could be amazing this year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My team, half ppr

QB Kyler
RB Kamara
RB Ty'son Williams
RB Mike Davis
RB Michael Carter
RB Leonard Fournette
RB Tony Jones, Jr
WR Justin Jefferson
WR Tee Higgins
WR Marvin Jones Jr
WR Chase Claypool
WR Darnell Mooney
TE George Kittle

I definitely wouldn't miss Fournette and Swift would be amazing to pair with Kamara.

I'm miss Lockett but I also always fear injury with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

kiimo posted:

My team, half ppr

I definitely wouldn't miss Fournette and Swift would be amazing to pair with Kamara.

I'm miss Lockett but I also always fear injury with him.

This is redraft? I would. Is fournette ever gonna start for you? Rojo is back.

You have good depth on WR so it won't kill your team, and Lockett is boom or bust so you miss the lows but also miss the highs.