Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

dxt posted:

Starting to not feel great about my CEH shares!

Very same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer
I love Monday mornings where all of my guys have played and I have a small lead, but my opponent has Aaron Jones left tonight. Especially fun looking at all the guys on my bench who outscored my starters.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Zohn posted:

I love Monday mornings where all of my guys have played and I have a small lead, but my opponent has Aaron Jones left tonight. Especially fun looking at all the guys on my bench who outscored my starters.

I’m pulling for Rodgers to steal all the Aaron Jones points tonight. Hopefully we both get what we want. I’m down 36 points because I had the MIA kicker and WFT D/ST combine for 1 while my opponent had Pats D/ST and his kicker combine for 30.

At least I got to watch Najee straight up hip toss a dude.

https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1439644683362344961?s=20

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Love to get the 2nd highest point total in the entire league and lose this week. :negative:

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Love to get the 2nd highest point total in the entire league and lose this week. :negative:

Could have avoided this issue if you just got the highest point total

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

So Tannehill should be fine yes? He hasn’t played the AFC south yet?

*looks at Hurts and Carr on the wire*

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Zohn posted:

Hello, Me

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

Bellmaker posted:

I would absolutely pick up Hurts if you have the room, he showed yesterday that he doesn't need to have a great passing day to put up points. Also Tannehill's left tackle - who just returned this season after missing most of last year with a torn ACL - missed yesterday's game because of an injury he suffered in that same knee during warmups. I think Tannehill will be ok in the end, but Hurts should be great.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Bellmaker posted:

I would absolutely pick up Hurts if you have the room, he showed yesterday that he doesn't need to have a great passing day to put up points. Also Tannehill's left tackle - who just returned this season after missing most of last year with a torn ACL - missed yesterday's game because of an injury he suffered in that same knee during warmups. I think Tannehill will be ok in the end, but Hurts should be great.
I have Carr as my third QB in a SF Dynasty league and I'm going to have to put him in my lineup because he's been slinging it really well so far this year, and he's done it against the Ravens and Steelers Defenses, too.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Play posted:

Davis did well for me last week but that's because he managed to snag both of the Jets touchdowns against the Panthers. Jets may well not even score that many touchdowns against NE and it's unsustainable obviously that he would get them all. He's clear WR1 but the team is just so bad.

Well I nailed this particular piece of prognostication, no touchdowns for the Jets and an embarrassing showing overall and for Corey Davis in particular. I did end up starting Davis, but the guy who I was going to replace him with, Jarvis Landry, went out after one catch anyways so the decision didn't really matter in the end.

Patriots defense did grab me 19 points, which is the only reason I broke 100 this week lol. Also Mike Williams, who I picked up on the waiver wire before week 1, was one of the highest scorers for me. It's always nice to be successful with the waiver wire, one of the most fun parts of fantasy football imo. Pittsburgh came in with the simple gameplan of 'double Darren Waller on every single play' and while it didn't get them the win, it did limit Wallers fantasy impact to like 11 points in PPR.

Rough week overall for everyone, besides some notable exceptions offenses just did not move the ball all that well especially in the early window. I had three skill position starters score 6 points or less and still outscored the majority of the league somehow. My opponent somehow had Kupp, Mahomes, Henry, Amari Cooper and Deandre Hopkins which is just ridiculous

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Yeah that seems to happen quite a lot. Luckily I feel like I've faced the two best teams in the league already so it should get a little easier from here. Problem is my team is just not that good

Zohn posted:

Aaron Jones is going to feast tonight. Especially after what happened against New Orleans with all those picks and poor performance in the passing game, I really believe Matt LaFleur is going to employ a heavy run-based attack trying to get on track against Detroit.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I'm dropping Winston, getting Cousins back, benching AJ Brown, and starting Gronkowski at FLEX. From here on out it's my own hunches that I'll be riding.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Just trade Brown if you’re not going to start him

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Hmm good idea.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Whoreson Welles posted:

I’m pulling for Rodgers to steal all the Aaron Jones points tonight. Hopefully we both get what we want. I’m down 36 points because I had the MIA kicker and WFT D/ST combine for 1 while my opponent had Pats D/ST and his kicker combine for 30.

At least I got to watch Najee straight up hip toss a dude.

https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1439644683362344961?s=20

We post in this thread to agonize over our fantasy football performances, many of the leagues merely for bragging rights. But some dude (or gal?) has $736,000 riding on a Lions' win over the Pack tonight! GULP!!!

https://twitter.com/br_betting/status/1439966131809394690

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a Zeke owner who doesn't own Pollard (currently unowned in our league, short benches). I'm also a typical QB streamer (Matt Ryan last week and Jameis this week lol).

.5 PPR QB/2 RB/2WR/1 regular Flex spot

My backs are
Zeke
Carson
Henderson
Melvin Gordon
Ingram

A guy in my league who's backs are
Saquon
Kareem Hunt
Jamal Williams

also happens to own Brady and Lamar Jackson.

He tossed out a Chris Carson for Lamar Jackson trade offer that I'm more than likely going to decline but would I be crazy to counter with Zeke+Filler (probably a lower tier WR or RB) for Lamar Jackson and Saquon and then try and spend as much FAAB possible on Pollard this week?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
I don't think your partner would be too interested in any trade that leaves him with Hunt as his RB2.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Play posted:

Also Mike Williams, who I picked up on the waiver wire before week 1, was one of the highest scorers for me.
I'm the guy who dropped Mike Williams the day after I drafted him for Tevin Coleman. Still 2-0 in that league so :shrug:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
update your 9er's committee charts

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1440072595546591232

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

dkj posted:

Could have avoided this issue if you just got the highest point total

I blame Tyreek Hill

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Who is even left for week 3? Are SF gonna have to hit up Houston for one of their zillion backs?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

What is the SF coaching staff doing to their players to cause this many injuries

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Fairly legit source. Power up your OBJ's folks it was totally the plan to wait till week 3!

https://twitter.com/BrownsByBrad/status/1440046439527190529?s=20

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Am I crazy for wanting to start Jamal Williams over Swift tonight?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

dkj posted:

What is the SF coaching staff doing to their players to cause this many injuries

The same question, but about Baltimore.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Pops Mgee posted:

What’s the scoring format? Are you ahead? How many points do you need? Does your opponent have anyone going tonight?

I think they’ll both produce tonight but I’d be pissed at myself if I started Williams and Swift outscores him.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Pops Mgee posted:

That would be bad to start a less talented player who will likely play less snaps, yes.

I mean, nothing is guaranteed, but I can't think of a single reason to do so.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Why?

Swift literally received double digit targets last week and outsnapped Williams by nearly double. Is there some new injury that makes you want to start his backup over him?

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

VietCampo posted:

Why?

Swift literally received double digit targets last week and outsnapped Williams by nearly double. Is there some new injury that makes you want to start his backup over him?

It’s probably either that Q tag on Swift for the whole week or the revenge game theory for Williams.

I’d still go Swift, if I were the OP.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Swift, for sure.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Friendly reminder that if you have an IR spot you should stash Jeff Wilson

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I have Alvin kamara

That’s the end of the post.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

the_american_dream posted:

I have Alvin kamara

Goondolences

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

I have Alvin kamara

Jt and CEH as my 1st and 2nd pick sitting on my bench make you feel better?

What are the chances both are useless for fantasy? Zero chance, right? Right? gently caress.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You’re overreacting

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
We aren't even done with week 2, just chill out

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I have Aaron Jones :buddy:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Jt and CEH as my 1st and 2nd pick sitting on my bench make you feel better?

What are the chances both are useless for fantasy? Zero chance, right? Right? gently caress.

I would not worry about Taylor at all. CEH on the other hand......

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Zohn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcZzlPGnKdU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Man just two points away from an insanely improbable (I thought) comeback thanks to Aaron Jones. I’m not even upset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I would not worry about Taylor at all. CEH on the other hand......

He was fine last year. He had 10 points last week. One bad week isn’t going to make me panic. He’s the starting RB on one of the best offenses in the league. He will get his points.