Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Der Meister posted:

guys I think my brain is out of empathy or Care

my dude have you tried sun salutations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Coldrice posted:

Not yet, but thats definitely in the works. Different tasks should give different results in general

Please do! I have no ability to get the word out really

Awesome. I think some people really need to see how sitting around huffing COVID isn't any better just because you have a sandwich in your hand (or whatever task you think you can do (safely)).

Thanks for making this. It's a hell of a lot more detailed modeling than I'm aware of anybody else having done (at least that's publicly available).

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Plank Walker posted:

when i was little i used to get severe existential panic attacks and the only thing that calmed me down was late night talk shows, because i figured, even though i lacked the ability to comprehend what existence even is, certainly the funny talk show host and his funny guest must have things figured out a bit, so some day i will too

well, i was wrong

same but only conan

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Tzen posted:

:how: impossible !

If Chinese state media started running stories on how every single crematorium in Florida was running at full capacity 24/7 and all these lunatics running anti-mask/vaxx protest groups and radio shows were getting got and basically most of the ridiculous tweets in this thread, no one in China would believe it wasn't the Chinese government just making up crazy poo poo to make America look like a failed state. Luckily there are expats like me and my wife who actually live in America and can tell them first hand that it's far worse than they think lmao.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7010191398758616325

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

guess covid is over

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

ram dass in hell posted:

same but only conan

mostly letterman for me but conan owned too

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Throatwarbler posted:

In China just recently a 4 year old child was found to be positive and she was locked in a room immediately and her meals are brought in by healthcare workers in hazmat suits. Why would she be allowed to return to her family, so that they too will become infected and thus require more quarantines? The entire western world, even NZ, apparently forgets how diseases work as soon as you do something draconian like make them stay in a room alone for a week away from their mommies.

yeah, the 4 year old might be alive, but they have to live in tyranny unlike in the glorious US where they have FREEDOM

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ram dass in hell posted:

same but only conan

same but Solomon Kane

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Serf
May 5, 2011

Plank Walker posted:

guess covid is over

people at my job were saying this today lol. the numbers are going down so it must be over

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Biden has killed more than Trump

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/redpghblog/status/1432336530241118211

https://twitter.com/TheBuffaloNews/status/1439327427428298752

quote:

JoAnn Cavanaugh, a Catholic Health spokesman, said of the elected officials' request for a meeting: "We appreciate the interest and inquiries from politicians and community leaders who have reached out to offer their support. We remain focused on good faith bargaining directly with the union to settle these negotiations."

The contract talks are "important for ensuring we can continue to provide market-competitive wages and benefits for our associates and allow us to recruit and retain the best caregivers so we can effectively staff our hospitals and continue to be the most-recognized health system in our market," Cavanaugh said. "We also must reach new contracts that will ensure the sustainability of our hospitals so we can continue to fully serve our communities."

1941 - gently caress you, you're not part of an industry, get back to work

2021 - you're part of an industry, we heard you're refusing to work, let me beg your employer to raise your wages

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Someone make a gif of the always sunny crowd screaming ivermectin instead of intervention

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Sep 21, 2021

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Steve Yun posted:

I’m not clear on what’s going on here, are people pretending to donate food to the hospital? Or are they donating food instead of money against the hospital’s request?

I wish I knew, but they claim they can't accept food on our public IG but then thank a company whose food they did accept on our private FB. My impression is that they'd prefer money for their foundation, but will grudgingly accept food from legit vendors

Apr 7, 2003

Lovelyn posted:

I wish I knew, but they claim they can't accept food on our public IG but then thank a company whose food they did accept on our private FB. My impression is that they'd prefer money for their foundation, but will grudgingly accept food from legit vendors

They need to figure out a value for food to deduct lmao

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Honestly just let these people die

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

McNugget Buddy posted:

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1440108417125736448

"Joe Biden is genociding the troops" - the top rated news program in America

SEALs are loving irrelevant if you're looking to control the military.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

gently caress the chuds

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

WHERE.

edit: guessing Russia because 550 roubles to $7.50 seems reasonable

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Sep 21, 2021

Apr 7, 2003

lol

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

:capitalism:

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Assuming the Phillipines, P being for Peso.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
lol for iodine of all things

Apr 7, 2003

Death By The Blues posted:

Assuming the Phillipines, P being for Peso.

the P is for Piss

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

P for Pfbhhlt go my lungs

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

chose the wrong god to follow when rolling her character

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Plank Walker posted:

when i was little i used to get severe existential panic attacks and the only thing that calmed me down was late night talk shows, because i figured, even though i lacked the ability to comprehend what existence even is, certainly the funny talk show host and his funny guest must have things figured out a bit, so some day i will too

well, i was wrong

it's freeing really. no one is in charge. there is no plan. it's all chaos. do what you want.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

super sweet best pal posted:

I've had them too. It's the new naked dream and I hate it.

I never had any naked dreams but I've had multiple maskless dreams. My subconscious can't adjust to it

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

drat

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Der Meister posted:

guys I think my brain is out of empathy or Care

Interacting with chuds will do that to you

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
lol that woman killed her sister. just an incredibly linear relationship between her actions and her sister's death. lmao

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Stereotype posted:

lol that woman killed her sister. just an incredibly linear relationship between her actions and her sister's death. lmao

Nurse adds in the subtitles that she knows the woman was trying to deflect blame for her sister’s death

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Lmao

2 new employees started today. I was on site to make sure they had everything they needed. Around lunch time my cto asked me if I wanted to get lunch with everyone and I said "I'm not comfortable going out to an indoor restaurant"
He says "oh no we will get something and come back here to eat" which is OK. We can eat in Separate conf rooms.

Hr lady comes over "hey is everyone ready to go"?

Turns out she booked a table at some Tom Douglas spot Lmao.

Poor new hires probably felt maximum peer pressure so if they were nervous about it, they didn't say no. My cto, me, and our principal architect took took a solid "yeah sorry gently caress off" and the hr lady pouted rly hard.

Rip getting free food today tho :(

Also rip to the new hires.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Plank Walker posted:

well, i was wrong

Haha same. Did you ever have an existential crisis in the shower and start shampooing your scalp extra hard?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Throatwarbler posted:

I posted this before and this thread moves too fast so here it is again:

My inlaws in China have not experienced any of these draconian measures, neither has the vast majority of the population. Their town has never had a single case of Covid. They've never been obliged to wear a mask in public. They've never had a lockdown, or the closure of any businesses or public gatherings and they've never worked from home. They don't know anyone who's ever had Covid. They know one person who personally knows of one person who had it and recovered, in some other province. The only way their lives have been touched by the pandemic at all are that they have contact tracing apps on their phone that they sometimes need to use for public gatherings and transport, they got vaccines, with pretty much no side effects (inactivated virus vaccines usually don't have any), and for a period in 2020, schools went virtual - this was a national policy with no exceptions, even in places that don't have a single case, I guess the Chinese just don't care about education the way Americans do.

This is what "draconian measures" look like. The whole loving point of enforcing strict quarantine measures for a small subset of the population that gets infected is so that they don't go on to infect exponentially more people and cause exponentially bigger draconian lockdowns. Like even reading about NZ's "draconian" lockdowns, apparently a lot of their positive cases are from family members of people who test positive? In China just recently a 4 year old child was found to be positive and she was locked in a room immediately and her meals are brought in by healthcare workers in hazmat suits. Why would she be allowed to return to her family, so that they too will become infected and thus require more quarantines? The entire western world, even NZ, apparently forgets how diseases work as soon as you do something draconian like make them stay in a room alone for a week away from their mommies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

they're already thinking of a new bogus cure, don't worry

maybe we'll see the return of azithromycin or hydroxychloroquine