Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Suicide is never the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Eediot Jedi posted:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/edengillespie/status/1440529389100273666?s=20

loving dying here hahahah

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Eediot Jedi posted:

Well what if the question is "solve for: I am hitler"

I'm no good at math, someone help me out here!

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I think I saw this group marching down King Street earlier today as I recognise those two flags. It's a small group, maybe 120 people. The police showed up behind them, blocked traffic for 20 minutes (the protestors long gone) and arrested one guy in hi vis who was straggling far behind if he was part of the protest at all.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

dr_rat posted:

Well what if the question is "solve for: I am hitler"

I'm no good at math, someone help me out here!

X = "Dude it's just art college maybe chill a bit"

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

WA health minister unexpected presser at 1.45...

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

IshmaelZarkov posted:

X = "Dude it's just art college maybe chill a bit"

Cheers. Now just got to hope the teacher doesn't ask me to show my workings.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

freebooter posted:

WA health minister unexpected presser at 1.45...

Another truck driver with delta zips through SA and WA, hitting minimal spots and sleeping in their cab, only wearing a mask when out and about. No lockdown yet, Grand Final to go ahead.

Either WA gets lucky again, or WA is hosed.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/RemyVarga/status/1440534723927834625?s=20

lmao yeah these definitely arent union people

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Detente is over, apparently.

https://twitter.com/suzandelibasic/status/1440569496171782150
https://twitter.com/ang3snowden/status/1440570741456457734

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
What a loving poo poo show.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Periphery posted:

What a loving poo poo show.

There was literally no possibility it wouldn't be.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

When did all the Melbourne cop cars get painted black? Is it some special riot squad colour?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Trying to imagine some hard-core union brute giving a pig a bottle of water that's not 99% spit.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Megillah Gorilla posted:

When did all the Melbourne cop cars get painted black? Is it some special riot squad colour?

Riot cop cars are black in NSW too.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

dr_rat posted:

There was literally no possibility it wouldn't be.

It took an insanely long time for it to escalate to this point today.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Black ones are 'public order response' vehicles.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

imagine kettling yourself in the shrine of remembrance

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Fascists understand instinctively that they are aligned with the cops, and they're correct, but they don't understand that the cops consider them disposable. (While also quietly themselves considering the cops to be disposable, see Jan 6 and that one Proud Boy who started shooting cops hoping to cause escalation. That said, the cops do all but line up and let themselves get shot in the back by white supremacists)

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Synthbuttrange posted:

Black ones are 'public order response' vehicles.

Tactical Response Group also have black vehicles.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Konomex posted:

Another truck driver with delta zips through SA and WA, hitting minimal spots and sleeping in their cab, only wearing a mask when out and about. No lockdown yet, Grand Final to go ahead.

Either WA gets lucky again, or WA is hosed.

Anyone in WA testing positive before the GF will mysteriously go missing

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Going back through the shots its a mix of public order and critical incident cars, several unmarked but lit police cars and that armored van thing. A black van-bus thing came along later to pick up all the people arrested.

Would be nice to have a day without constant helicopter noises.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I had my second shot and now I'm a Union Brute.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Anidav posted:

I had my second shot and now I'm a Union Brute.

grats on your huge nuts

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

oh phew

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Lolie posted:

It took an insanely long time for it to escalate to this point today.

It was still as poo poo show before it escalated

Scotty's on SNL? Glad to see they consider him an unfunny joke over there as well.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wonder if they'll mention what % of people they arrested today actually ended up being tradies.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
https://twitter.com/TheShovel/status/1440544026927632386

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I wish I could believe that there was a deeper meaning to them using the naval flag beyond the Australian conspiracy movement being a sadder weirder version of the US one with all its obsessions with gold fringes and maritime law

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

good to see all the armchair epidemiologists pivoting to becoming armchair seismologists hahahahaha.... I loving hate this gag people are allowed to have views on enormous things that impact that life

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

CrazyTolradi posted:

good to see all the armchair epidemiologists pivoting to becoming armchair seismologists hahahahaha.... I loving hate this gag people are allowed to have views on enormous things that impact that life

What views are people having on the quake other than "that was pretty cool" and "woah"? Do they think the mole people invading or something?

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

CrazyTolradi posted:

https://twitter.com/theysaid01/status/1440528249449156624?s=21

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

CrazyTolradi posted:

Don't get vaccinated

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

JBP posted:

Don't get vaccinated

Burnet Institute modelling predicting a peak case load in Victoria higher than what we’ve seen in NSW so far, despite Vic locking down on day one of the outbreak, really renders the “NSW mockdown/you have to lockdown harder” as stupid as it seemed at the time. Months wasted.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

CrazyTolradi posted:

Burnet Institute modelling predicting a peak case load in Victoria higher than what we’ve seen in NSW so far, despite Vic locking down on day one of the outbreak, really renders the “NSW mockdown/you have to lockdown harder” as stupid as it seemed at the time. Months wasted.

Don't get vaccinated.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

typical victorian vaccine hesitancy :rolleyes:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla posted:

On the same topic:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

hambeet posted:

typical victorian vaccine hesitancy :rolleyes:

After all the gnashing of teeth and insane partisan/state rivalry stuff NSW and Vic have essentially the same policy approach to the pandemic, but Vic is playing catch up because vax urgency only hit here later. People’s brains are going to break when NSW opens first.