Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

A couple less slurs in the UI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
New site owner, a shooter.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

And now Starfleet Dental, the Star Trek Online goon alliance, is the home of the greater goondom for New World.

Maybe i'll check it put, then. Dental was one of the best goon guilds back when STO was hot

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Kinda distressing that so far nobody has been able to articulate why they prefer discord to posting right on the forum

If I type !nhlscores on here nothing happens and people just call me dumb.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

If I type !nhlscores on here nothing happens and people just call me dumb.

And if you do it on Hamfine something happens and people call you dumb anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but then I call mentholmoose dumb when his bot breaks and I'm the winner.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Main Paineframe posted:

it's actually changed a lot over 20 years

The Digg button has come and gone.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I can't believe somethingawful.com outlasted Facebook. Truly a saga for the records

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I like the new Halloween name of this subforum because when I read it aloud it sounds like "favourite" in a Yorkshire accent and it reminds me of my dad :shobon:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

it's actually changed a lot over 20 years

n n n night mode!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Kinda distressing that so far nobody has been able to articulate why they prefer discord to posting right on the forum

Man goes to doctor. Says he's losing sleep, has heart palpitations. Says he feels distressed that so far nobody has been able to articulate why they prefer discord to posting right on the forum. Doctor says, 'Treatment is simple. Gigantic loving moron crazy eyes mustafa is posting in pyf tonight. Go and laugh at him. That should pick you up.' Man bursts into tears. Says, 'But doctor… I am crazy eyes mustafa.'

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

Man goes to doctor. Says he's losing sleep, has heart palpitations. Says he feels distressed that so far nobody has been able to articulate why they prefer discord to posting right on the forum. Doctor says, 'Treatment is simple. Gigantic loving moron crazy eyes mustafa is posting in pyf tonight. Go and laugh at him. That should pick you up.' Man bursts into tears. Says, 'But doctor… I am crazy eyes mustafa.'

:hmmyes:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Someone just got rickrolled and reported it lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Sorry y'all.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

sebmojo posted:

did they complain the sudden images triggered a migrane?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

ProperCoochie posted:

That one rear end in a top hat that only made two posts in the coupons subsubforum, then added 7000 goons to his block list, and brought down the entire forums lol

This was mentioned in a GBS thread, does anyone know anymore about it?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Zil posted:

This was mentioned in a GBS thread, does anyone know anymore about it?

the forums were mysteriously crashing, it turns out the cause was some guy who had put so many people on his ignore list that the forums were crashing trying to load the list. the odd thing was that nobody knew who the guy was, he only posted rarely and in coupons at that. it may have been some fun script that went awry because at this time in forums history people would sometimes do script tricks to get someone they didn't like added to other people's ignore lists. the guy got banned and there was no followup as to why so many people were on the ignore list, so it is just a forums mystery to this day

it is the origin of this obscure smilie, 'coupons' :coupons:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Coupons & Deals is a cutthroat place, and well known to be the most unhinged subforum.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
iirc they came back in the original thread although it's been a loving minute. they just didn't use SA at all like anyone else, if someone made any kind of remotely off topic non-coupon providing post they blocked them and had been doing it for years.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

sebmojo posted:

Probe 'em for getting rickrolled. Preferably with a gif from the video.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

the forums were mysteriously crashing, it turns out the cause was some guy who had put so many people on his ignore list that the forums were crashing trying to load the list. the odd thing was that nobody knew who the guy was, he only posted rarely and in coupons at that. it may have been some fun script that went awry because at this time in forums history people would sometimes do script tricks to get someone they didn't like added to other people's ignore lists. the guy got banned and there was no followup as to why so many people were on the ignore list, so it is just a forums mystery to this day

it is the origin of this obscure smilie, 'coupons' :coupons:

Just lol. An amazing lol, but a lol all the same.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010
is proudlegion the ignore list dude we’re talking about? the formatting of that thread is just all hosed up and I have no idea why

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

shelley posted:

is proudlegion the ignore list dude we’re talking about? the formatting of that thread is just all hosed up and I have no idea why

Bad archiver script didn't actually archive all posts. That one seems especially holey.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

shelley posted:

Yes, that’s the guy. I remember radium’s post went “not going to say who it was, but it was proudlegion”

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Charles posted:

Bad archiver script didn't actually archive all posts. That one seems especially holey.

whenever I see an old thread like this I automatically assume it's a remnant of when ZDR deleted all his posts and broke like half the threads on the forums

e: I remember when mentioning this was a ban-on-sight from Lowtax too

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
ZDR deleted all his own posts?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

packetmantis posted:

I think the Lowtax explanation at the time was "lightning hit the data center at the exact same time ZDR was having a big public meltdown, complete coincidence" but yeah lol

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

packetmantis posted:

he had access to the database at the time, and yeah, it broke the gently caress out of the forums because they do not/did not handle the missing data at all

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

he had access to the database at the time, and yeah, it broke the gently caress out of the forums because they do not/did not handle the missing data at all

Yeah there are still threads that pop up from time to time that get broken because of this. Will show that there are new posts, but can't see anything when you open the thread. Astral usually has to poke the db to fix those.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Lmao.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Lowtax posted:

I banned ZDR while asleep? Wow, I'm good.

By the way, for all you idiots who believed I somehow banned an admin while I was sleeping, what happened was the power at our hosting provider went down yesterday, and after they restored it, the hypervisor controlling all cloud accounts got overloaded and started loving up and causing weird errors to occur everywhere, so you can drop your retarded-rear end conspiracy theories at any time.

I don't remember the exact circumstances because there was at least 2 or 3 incidents where the Lowtax-ZDR relationship bounced from "we're all good" to "ZDR stole money and ghosted" and back and tbh it was kind of hard to keep track

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

sebmojo posted:

Ban them.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
imagine working for lowtax lol

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I dont wanna wear a yarn wig.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Skulk Hogan posted:

I dont wanna wear a yarn wig.

will you settle for a merkin

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I don't remember the exact circumstances because there was at least 2 or 3 incidents where the Lowtax-ZDR relationship bounced from "we're all good" to "ZDR stole money and ghosted" and back and tbh it was kind of hard to keep track

The post-deletion thing was related to Lowtax making fun of Shmorky's schizophrenic nazi ex, who was posting schizophrenic nazi things to him at the time. He had a thread going to post pictures of her and the stuff she was saying, and the thread was mocking her meth teeth and stuff. ZDR and some of his threads thought it was lovely and posted in protest of it, and then I guess ZDR realized doing that would get him booted, so he did something that deleted every single post he ever made. He claimed he was "testing" something at the time and did it all on accident but yeah it is one of those things that's impossible to verify secondhand with the story flopping around so much.

The Shortest Path posted:

Speaking of discord, there's been a lot of drama over the past week with the New World MMO and the extremely terrible goon Tempus Thales who always jumps in to be in charge of the something awful guild for new MMOs.

He finally got banned tonight after loads of people posted the accumulated evidence of nearly a dozen years of the guy being a shithead.

Thank you for this. SA MMO drama is always amusing to read through.

E- I guess I should actually post the funny immolation for context

Tempus Thales posted:

Man your butthurt is now double the size of Goatse's rear end in a top hat and that just brings me joy, every time you have to come up with some new bullshit lie or story because you think this somehow hurts me, but when you do this, I just grab the popcorn and while everybody else just enjoys you going down your own imagination on things that have never happened.

Your salt, is my joy. You need to try harder though, because this doesnt make a dent in my poo poo-o-meter... that's why you are banned from 99% of the servers. o7

PS. I eradicated WTT from Something Awful Discord back in the day and have banned all of their members, I have been doxxed (keep trying), harassed, threatened, death threatened, and I am still here, and will continue to be here, if only to just annoy you or anyone else that doesnt like me. Please if you have hard evidence that I am a racist, please publish it. You wont find anything unless you doctor it... same with the nazi stuff. Go for it, go nuts and prove me wrong... I dont really care what you have to say about me, because the more time you do, the more time you waste on not doing anything else.

<3

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Nuns with Guns has a new favorite as of 01:47 on Oct 5, 2021

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The dude is such a narcissistic drama queen lol.

The discord stuff has gotten way way more ridiculous since I posted about him btw. The past 24 hours have been incredible but it's not something that can really be explained without loads of context.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

The discord stuff has gotten way way more ridiculous since I posted about him btw. The past 24 hours have been incredible but it's not something that can really be explained without loads of context.

I've had only minor interactions with that particular goon organization, but it'd be enough to give me some context for the rest of the meltdown if you've got a link handy.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

On a scale of 1 to ArcheAge Guild Admins Twisting Into Knots To Avoid Banning a Man Who Groomed an Icelandic Teenager, where does it rate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

On a scale of 1 to ArcheAge Guild Admins Twisting Into Knots To Avoid Banning a Man Who Groomed an Icelandic Teenager, where does it rate?

I forgot all about this poo poo. That goon did end up getting perma'd, right?