Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

The Notorious ZSB posted:

VT at night against ND should be a great environment. At least until the offense kicks itself in it's own dick and makes it painful to watch for VT fans. At least the defense is kinda fun again. I think given the ND offense's lack of explosion this year, it could be a tight fun game. I dunno Fu has gotten me conditioned to expect the worst from the team generally.

Too bad its on the ACCN and approximately half the people that want to see it will.

Go Vols Bitch. Great to see fun football around Rocky Top.

Ok that detail about the ACCN pissed me off. Been a bad Monday between work being extra lovely and likely getting shittier and baby girl probably having covid. Was looking forward to that game but WELP GUESS NOT.

gently caress the ACCN. Can't get carriage agreements on anything. What are they the loving Pac-12? Embarassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

drunk leprechaun posted:

Ok that detail about the ACCN pissed me off. Been a bad Monday between work being extra lovely and likely getting shittier and baby girl probably having covid. Was looking forward to that game but WELP GUESS NOT.

gently caress the ACCN. Can't get carriage agreements on anything. What are they the loving Pac-12? Embarassing.

I think it’s on YouTube TV and they have a free trial.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

drunk leprechaun posted:

Also Sportsurge is your friend not that I would advocate illegal streaming or anything.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend
You can get it on Fubo.tv as well. I cut the cord this season and absolutely LOVE Fubo on the AppleTV that allows for 4 channels at once.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

mayodreams posted:

You can get it on Fubo.tv as well. I cut the cord this season and absolutely LOVE Fubo on the AppleTV that allows for 4 channels at once.

Say what? I'll drop Youtube right now just for that

e: I dont see that noted on any of the packages. Is that something specific on AppleTV with any of them or do I need a certain level?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Let's play a game I'm calling Does LSU Make a Bowl Game This Year?

They are 3-2 right now. Remaining schedule

@ Kentucky
vs. Florida
@ Ole Miss
@ Bama
vs. Arkansas
vs. ULM
vs. Aggy

I vote no

Now play the game called "Point to the game where Ed gets fired."

@ Kentucky
vs. Florida <------here I go at 3-4
@ Ole Miss
@ Bama
vs. Arkansas
vs. ULM
vs. Aggy

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I don’t think Ed is getting fired this year. They are a year and a half removed from one of the greatest seasons ever and last year was weird for everyone. They’re breaking in new coordinators on both sides of the ball and the presumptive starting QB went down at the beginning of the year. His seat will be warm next year though.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

@ Kentucky
vs. Florida
@ Ole Miss
@ Bama <------ 3-6 they're gonna lose this game by 60
vs. Arkansas
vs. ULM
vs. Aggy

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

Joey Freshwater posted:

Say what? I'll drop Youtube right now just for that

e: I dont see that noted on any of the packages. Is that something specific on AppleTV with any of them or do I need a certain level?

Yeah, the feature is called multiview and its only available on the AppleTV, and I think its only the 4k versions.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I remember the good ol' days of ESPN3 where you could do that, it ruled. You could do split screen or picture-in-picture so you could switch between two games really easily. Of course this offered too much value to continue offering it

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think Ed is getting fired this year. They are a year and a half removed from one of the greatest seasons ever and last year was weird for everyone. They’re breaking in new coordinators on both sides of the ball and the presumptive starting QB went down at the beginning of the year. His seat will be warm next year though.

His seat's pretty drat warm now. LSU remembers the fall of Les after 2011's nearly undefeated season and how it just stretched out and was on the downslope until he finally was fired. I doubt they want to do that again. Hell, even Les had pretty constant 9-10 win seasons after 2011 but it just never was the same. To go from 15-0 to 5-5 (even with COVID), if they end with a losing season, he's gone.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

@ Kentucky
vs. Florida
@ Ole Miss
@ Bama
vs. Arkansas <----------- This will get Tigerdroppings watching plane tail numbers but
vs. ULM
vs. Aggy <----------- Right here. Senior Day, against Aggy, one blowout too many and a 4-8 LSU will be too much for some crazy booster

He's got to beat Kentucky and/or Ole Miss. Get those two and he can write off 2021 as too many changes.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Silly Burrito posted:

@ Kentucky
vs. Florida <------here I go at 3-4
@ Ole Miss
@ Bama
vs. Arkansas
vs. ULM
vs. Aggy

Unless they lose every game by 20 and lose to ULM, I think they will let O finish the season out. While it sucks that he's a dead man walking, I think they still let him finish the season simply because of him being a local guy and 2019. The AD isn't the one who hired O so no loyalty there and 8-7 since the championship game is unacceptable for LSU.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

nebraska is better than their record and might make a bowl this year

if they don't they should probably fire the frostman

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

His seat's pretty drat warm now. LSU remembers the fall of Les after 2011's nearly undefeated season and how it just stretched out and was on the downslope until he finally was fired. I doubt they want to do that again. Hell, even Les had pretty constant 9-10 win seasons after 2011 but it just never was the same. To go from 15-0 to 5-5 (even with COVID), if they end with a losing season, he's gone.

I think the team will hobble their way to 6 or 7 wins and avoid a losing season. They can beat anyone on their schedule other than Bama and also lose to any of them but I think they’ll win at least 3 of the remaining games. They still haven’t had a loss as bad as the absolutely dumpstering by MSU last year and they still managed to get to 5-5 without any cupcakes.

They also owe Orgeron more than 20 million if they fire him this year and I don’t think that money will just magically appear from booster pockets and make that no big deal.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Seaniqua posted:

I remember the good ol' days of ESPN3 where you could do that, it ruled. You could do split screen or picture-in-picture so you could switch between two games really easily. Of course this offered too much value to continue offering it

This was very good and it is indeed sad to see it have gone away at the altar of more cash please

Sling TV is not that great, gave it a try, and the apps regularly struggle to load the feed or display a black screen. The DVR function works, but really only works well for something thats fully recorded it does a fairly poo poo job of starting from the beginning of an on going feed. It also regularly restarts a recording you've paused to come back to later which irks me. When it's working its just fine, good quality etc, just annoying how regularly (despite it getting updates every few weeks it seems like) it just doesn't.

Fubo.tv looked interesting, but its the same price as Youtube TV and sling being half the cost there abouts for only what I actually wanted seemed like a good way to go. Guess I know why now.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I predicted this would be Frost's last season and I still think that option is easily on the table. There aren't three games on the schedule that I'd give Nebraska a better than 50% chance of winning. If he can make it to five wins again, it might save his job depending on how it looks. He really needed to win that Illinois game.

Part of me wants him to get another year because I'm sick of coach changes.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Seaniqua posted:

What's the QB spot looking like for next year?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

LLCoolJD posted:

What's the QB spot looking like for next year?

Surely there’s some Martinez waiting in the wings to disappoint.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Seaniqua posted:

I predicted this would be Frost's last season and I still think that option is easily on the table. There aren't three games on the schedule that I'd give Nebraska a better than 50% chance of winning. If he can make it to five wins again, it might save his job depending on how it looks. He really needed to win that Illinois game.

They should have fired him after the Illinois game and now he might be able to squeak another year out which is only gonna end in disappointment no matter what. There’s no proof that he’s ever gonna be the guy there.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Dango Bango posted:

How good is Michigan's DL? I've only had them on in the background so I haven't really been able to watch a game of theirs yet. If their DL is anywhere near decent, Nebraska is in trouble. Our OL is terrible.

https://mobile.twitter.com/_ZachShaw/status/1444705770965245968

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

UK would be a quite good football team if they had a quarterback, i think

but for whatever reason any man that travels south of the Ohio or north of the Cumberland suddenly becomes unable to throw the ball

louisville is on the river, which is why why UofL were able to have bridgewater and lamar jackson - they were not deep enough in the anti-ball-throwing energy field yet

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 5, 2021

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

PupsOfWar posted:

UK would be a quite good football team if they had a quarterback, i think

but for whatever reason any man that travels south of the Ohio or north of the Cumberland suddenly becomes unable to throw the ball

louisville is on the river, which is why why UofL were able to have bridgewater and lamar jackson - they were not deep enough in the anti-ball-throwing energy field yet

I've often wondered what Tim Couch could have done with this year's or the 2018 defense. Or Jared Lorenzen, or Andre Woodson. Hell, even Mike Hartline. Levis had such a great first game, it's been a little disappointing that they haven't been able to replicate that yet.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Good god

What do great teams do, kids?

https://twitter.com/stanfordsteve82/status/1445260383607009281

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Legalizing sports gambling was a mistake

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Surely there’s some Martinez waiting in the wings to disappoint.

:lol:

whos that broooown posted:

Legalizing sports gambling was a mistake

Pete Rose College Football for PS5 and XBox Series X.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

nebraska should win against purdue, minnesota, and wisconsin (which are all in severe tailspin)

iowa and michigan are obvious losses

the thing is, they could’ve (should’ve) won the msu game, they would roll over illinois if they played them now, and that oklahoma game was closer than it had any right being, and if they weren’t so snakebitten we’re talking about a 5 win team right now

i like dunking on frost but idk, this team seems like an actual step forward

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Yeah but this is Nebraska with a fourth year QB. What does it look like when Frost's seniors cycle out, or is it still a young team?

I admit they look better now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LLCoolJD posted:

Yeah but this is Nebraska with a fourth year QB. What does it look like when Frost's seniors cycle out, or is it still a young team?

I have absolutely no clue but I just noticed their backup QB is named Logan Smothers and Nebraska's future is going to be amazing in some fashion because of that.

Their backup backup is Matt Masker which has quite a bit of promise too. His own fan base is gonna hate him for being pro-mask.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

This was immensely entertaining until near the end when I realized the segment was called "Bad Beats" because of gambling poo poo and that Bethune Cookman was not actually going to win the game, just cover the spread.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

This was immensely entertaining until near the end when I realized the segment was called "Bad Beats" because of gambling poo poo and that Bethune Cookman was not actually going to win the game, just cover the spread.

It's still satisfying, because that entire segment is dedicated to laughing at people who lost money betting on those games. I have never bet on sports games, but that's one of my favorite segments SVP does.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Proteus Jones posted:

It's still satisfying, because that entire segment is dedicated to laughing at people who lost money betting on those games. I have never bet on sports games, but that's one of my favorite segments SVP does.

I guess so I kinda have a hard time believing there were a lot of bets on Bethune-Cookman v. South Carolina St. but maybe the pool of complete degenerates is much larger than I think

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

I guess so I kinda have a hard time believing there were a lot of bets on Bethune-Cookman v. South Carolina St. but maybe the pool of complete degenerates is much larger than I think

Yeah, like I said I pretty much have zero insight into that whole aspect of gambling. I just like the idea that there may be some dude watching SVP just grind salt in his wounds after losing hundreds of dollars.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

i feel everyone has formulated "why Nebraska will never be good again" adequately, but idk if folks have figured out why Miami will never be good again

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

PupsOfWar posted:

i feel everyone has formulated "why Nebraska will never be good again" adequately, but idk if folks have figured out why Miami will never be good again

Miami, the university, does not want to be good again and in fact would quietly prefer if their football fandom and legacy just didn't exist.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

PupsOfWar posted:

No home stadium near campus, actually not in Miami, will be underwater in the next 50 years.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Not enough people talking about why USC will never be good again.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The Notorious ZSB posted:

No home stadium near campus, actually not in Miami, will be underwater in the next 50 years.

poo poo, it should be underwater now. The geology of South Florida is a mess. The whole place is a transient feature that's younger than anatomical modern humans.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

PupsOfWar posted:

Miami as an institution doesn't support football, guys like Ed Reed aren't going under the radar anymore, and Miami, like Michigan, insists on hiring only Miami Men for that job.

Miami today is a lot closer to UCLA or North Carolina in football than Florida or FSU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Godzilla07 posted:

Miami as an institution doesn't support football, guys like Ed Reed aren't going under the radar anymore, and Miami, like Michigan, insists on hiring only Miami Men for that job.

Miami today is a lot closer to UCLA or North Carolina in football than Florida or FSU.

FSU would be ecstatic to be on the same level as UCLA or North Carolina.