Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

EvilBeard posted:

From what I've heard, they've basically just thrown Lawrence into the deep end. he's adjusting protections, reading coverages, etc. He has a lot on his plate and he's doing well for a rookie, because he's being asked to do more. His numbers may not be superb, but he's getting valuable reps and he'll be better for it. He might be the sole reason for hope.
I'm pretty sure Urban came in expecting him to play like an immediate top 10 QB and planned over the offseason accordingly

Which, well, here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Lawrence is gonna be a beast once he gets a competent coach and front office to support him.

Clearly it won't be on the Jags unless he throws his weight and basically takes control of the franchise himself.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Imagine being the laughing stock of the AFC South. Oh Jags.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

TSBX posted:

Urban Meyer? More like Urban DIRE!

:hmmyes:

Bless the Jags, giving the rest of the NFL someone to laugh at.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’d like to thank urban Meyer for making everyone forget Tennessee just lost to the jets. Bless you and your sticky fingers Coach Meyer.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Just popping in to say gently caress the Jags, gently caress Urban Meyer, gently caress Shad Khan. That is all.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Tony Khan's great though.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Shad Khan is low key kind of a terrible owner.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Shad Khan is low key kind of a terrible owner.
It’s rapidly becoming less and less low key

He’s fine on the business side, joint-funding a bunch of improvements in/around the stadium, but he has absolutely no ability to make good football judgments and gives people way too much trust/leeway. Hell, he kept Gus Bradley through 4 straight losing seasons for no apparent reason.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Like, who does he have running AEW, because it feels like night and day between those two properties right now. Make Cody Rhodes head coach already.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Boys they call him CUM for a reason and it ain't cause he's coach urban Meyer

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Probably Magic posted:

Like, who does he have running AEW, because it feels like night and day between those two properties right now. Make Cody Rhodes head coach already.
His son Tony Khan essentially has full control over AEW. But he also essentially has full control of Fulham and he is the Jaguars’ head of analytics, so not a great track record in terms of non-scripted sporting events

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I want to see the What If...? Where Myles Jack didn't get called down in the AFCCG. gently caress this timeline.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

JT Jag posted:

His son Tony Khan essentially has full control over AEW. But he also essentially has full control of Fulham and he is the Jaguars’ head of analytics, so not a great track record in terms of non-scripted sporting events

Ah, maybe that's the mistake, we're thinking the goal is winning instead of, like pro wrestling, to generate interest in drama.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

TSBX posted:

I want to see the What If...? Where Myles Jack didn't get called down in the AFCCG. gently caress this timeline.

The Jags would get blown out by the Eagles, and the hype for them would be even higher the following season, making the inevitable implosion even more entertaining/devastating depending on your point of view.

This might be the first time in a long time that people who are neither AFC South fans nor masochists might actually be interested in a Titans/Jags game, and I am here for it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

EvilBeard posted:

Imagine being the laughing stock of the AFC South. Oh Jags.

This still has to be the Texans though

I mean... Imagine losing a 24 point lead in the playoffs in 2/3 of a quarter

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

Longterm/of this year, yes

Of the week? One team has Urban, and one team lost to the winless Jets

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Losing a game to a professional football team is always less embarrassing than getting wrist deep in a packed bar with your Not Wife while your world has you under a microscope for being exceptionally lovely at your job.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

I mean... Imagine losing a 24 point lead in the playoffs in 2/3 of a quarter

Wasn't that against the Chiefs, though? I feel like multiple teams have done that to the Chiefs.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Considering where his fingers have been, Urban would make a great coach for the Bills.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

urban meyer has his finger on the pulse of the browns

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Soul Glo posted:

urban meyer has his finger on the pulse of the browns

this needs to be a thread title

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Urban Meyer is now basically the Max Bialystock of football

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

BiggerBoat posted:

Over/under (# of games) on Urban Meyer even finishing the season? I'll bet good money he quits gets fired by during the bye week.

Jaguars, Kahn and Meyer are a bush league joke.

BiggerBoat posted:

No loving way Urban Meyer finishes out the year as head coach.

Seems like as good a place as any to quote myself here.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/kbull53/status/1445868489143513088?s=20

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Oh, he'll be fire after he dies.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I mean, him being fire would explain the hot seat.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
And the hot mess.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I really think Urban Meyer should have gone with the "I just forgot to shout 'Kancho!'" defense.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I will miss most of the game going to visit my premature baby in the NICU, but,

BIG

JEFF

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Soul Glo posted:

BIG

JEFF
My baby needed time there (last year) too, I feel you pain. I hope your little one will be home with you soon!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Soul Glo posted:

BIG

JEFF

Will scream a Mike Keith SAAAACK in your honor assuming we get any. Congrats on having sex

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I wonder if Vrabel will actually hire a defensive coordinator when forced to or fall on his sword like Mularkey did for his lovely friends

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Pimpcasso posted:

I wonder if Vrabel will actually hire a defensive coordinator when forced to or fall on his sword like Mularkey did for his lovely friends

I guess at this point I'd be happy with either, gently caress it! Wasting the best years of Derrick Henry with this poo poo defense.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

This thread's weirdly dead considering the Texans are embarrassing the Pats and we have a Sunday-special TNF Titans/Jags match today.

Tits Up

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mega64 posted:

This thread's weirdly dead considering the Texans are embarrassing the Pats and we have a Sunday-special TNF Titans/Jags match today.

Tits Up

the pats are going to win the game

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Titan up baby

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Tits Out & Up

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol david culley sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

lol david culley sucks

lamo going for a 56 yard field goal with a dude who missed two pats is a special kind of suck.