Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

StrangeThing posted:

What would you make you feel more comfortable re: the roadmap? 90% vax? 95?

Whatever is required in order to allow the health system to continue (or resume) treating both critical and elective cases.

yoloer420 fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Oct 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

But why?

Budgetary issues? He doesn't want to pay for the interpreter?

Does his weirdo christian sect have some issue with deaf people?

too woke

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

But why?

Haven't you heard making vital government information accessible to people with disability is pc culture gone mad!

Was a member of a digital inclusion lobby group for a while, which obviously had a large focus on accessibility, and general it was actually the local government bodies that were the worst at this stuff. Often having it on the books as something they were doing and then just, you know not. General state level and federal level bodies have been while not great, okayish, at this stuff for a while now. The public servants who organize all this sort of stuff, just sort of do it standard now.

I'd be very surprised if this wasn't him deliberately showing he thinks accessibility is a waste of time.

:(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

yoloer420 posted:

Whatever is required in order to allow the health system to continue (or resume) treating both critical and elective cases.

Honestly this should be talked about far more. Just say here's the outline of when we think we can open up based on vaccination rates, but this is entirly dependent on what the hospital system can handle.

God I hope this gets governments to invest more in our hospital systems.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

adeadcrab posted:

What is the rationale of this? Didn’t even know this was optional.

Probably doesn't want anything distracting from him.

He seems to be making (and failing at) clumsy attempts to establish rapport with voters at the moment and any distraction from his attempts is welcome.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

JBP posted:

I'm going to go to the boxing day test and get loving plastered.

i cannot wait to get extremely munted

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

JBP posted:

I'm going to go to the boxing day test and get loving plastered.

Now this is culture

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Megabound posted:

Perhaps a slower more considered opening that tested what kind of effect this would have on the public health system. Start with one area for a fortnight then roll it out when you know if you've hosed your medical services even more.

Yeah this. Vaccine % is a terrible, essentially abstract and arbitrary metric for anything but the starting point of opening up. And it's only good for starting to open up because we don't have a better metric until we get real world data on how various opening up steps actually affects our ability to cope with covid. Once we start getting that data we should be using that to guide us.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Tommunist posted:

i cannot wait to get extremely munted

gently caress that. I can get drunk at home.

I can't wait to have a quiet beer in the beer garden.

Like a gentleman.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

But why?

If god wanted them to understand he wouldn’t have made them deaf?

StrangeThing
Aug 23, 2021

by Hand Knit

dr_rat posted:

Honestly this should be talked about far more. Just say here's the outline of when we think we can open up based on vaccination rates, but this is entirly dependent on what the hospital system can handle.

God I hope this gets governments to invest more in our hospital systems.

I mean, this is exactly what Dan Andrews has said.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Like a gentleman.

Ok

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

If God wanted you to not be hit by a shoe, lets just say I wouldn't be wearing shoes today.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Can’t wait to take my mask off and get plastered with hundreds of other people and spend the whole night shaking hands and hugging and putting my tongue in their mouths

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

dr_rat posted:

Haven't you heard making vital government information accessible to people with disability is pc culture gone mad!

Was a member of a digital inclusion lobby group for a while, which obviously had a large focus on accessibility, and general it was actually the local government bodies that were the worst at this stuff. Often having it on the books as something they were doing and then just, you know not. General state level and federal level bodies have been while not great, okayish, at this stuff for a while now. The public servants who organize all this sort of stuff, just sort of do it standard now.

I'd be very surprised if this wasn't him deliberately showing he thinks accessibility is a waste of time.

:(

I had an argument with someone when organising and event that Jordon Steele-John was speaking at, to hire Auslan interpreters, and was told that its a waste of time and money because its a climate emergency.

People are just complete gently caress heads when it comes to accessibility.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

StrangeThing posted:

What would you make you feel more comfortable re: the roadmap? 90% vax? 95?

For WA (or any COVID-free state) I think it would be perfectly acceptable to wait until vaccination uptake plateaus, which won't happen until well past 90%.

If Delta hadn't leaked into NSW and Vic - if the entire nation was still COVID-free - no way would we be talking about reopening quarantine-free international travel and letting the virus circulate at 70% double jabbed or even 80% double jabbed. No way.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I feel like there is some real surprise that we are hitting 90% first jab. I was always staying optimistic, but I didn't think we'd just blast to 90% without seeing a massive slowdown.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

StrangeThing posted:

Both the Victorian and NSW road maps were subject to what's going on epidemiologically when the vaccination targets are hit. Perrottet seems to have decided to ignore that provision. I just hope that when it goes pear-shaped, the electorate demands blood.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Freedom day 1 report...

Twice the amount of people on public transport which still aint much. Mask compliance very high. The rain probably was the best thing to dampen a mad rush to freeeeeeeeedom.

Thought there would be far more stupid on display, glad to be wrong.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Freedom day 1 report...

Twice the amount of people on public transport which still aint much. Mask compliance very high. The rain probably was the best thing to dampen a mad rush to freeeeeeeeedom.

Thought there would be far more stupid on display, glad to be wrong.

Stupid was on display yesterday at the beaches.

StrangeThing
Aug 23, 2021

by Hand Knit

Lolie posted:

Both the Victorian and NSW road maps were subject to what's going on epidemiologically when the vaccination targets are hit. Perrottet seems to have decided to ignore that provision. I just hope that when it goes pear-shaped, the electorate demands blood.

"When".

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

GoldStandardConure posted:

I had an argument with someone when organising and event that Jordon Steele-John was speaking at, to hire Auslan interpreters, and was told that its a waste of time and money because its a climate emergency.

Deaf people, famously immune to extreme weather events.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

yeah there's a depressing amount of groups who should know better, that just ignore it completely. :(

StrangeThing posted:

Was talking more about Federally and NSW. Andrews has generally been pretty loving good at listening to medical advice throughout this whole thing.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Eediot Jedi posted:

Deaf people, famously immune to extreme weather events.

Well that's why storms always have all the scary booming thunder and howling wind. To scare you. Turns out if you can't hear them and be scared they just leave you alone.

So just drink yourself into unconsciousness before any big extreme weather event and you'll be fine! Boom, quality life hack right there!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
My stepdad runs a bus depot up in the mountains and there sure were a lot of people trying to get on without masks today.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Currently trying to link my vaccination certificate to the Service Victoria app on my phone via MyGov.

It is being a bastard. Telling me that I have to install the Service Victoria app, when it is already installed, and I updated it an hour ago. I am assuming this is because of high volumes of people trying to do this exact thing today. I will try again tomorrow.

But I am double dosed, and if necessary, I will print out a paper copy of the Medicare thing that says I am when/if I am finally allowed to leave my house.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Currently trying to link my vaccination certificate to the Service Victoria app on my phone via MyGov.

Twitter is full of people complaining about mygov at the moment because of this. I did see one twitter'er person say that uninstalling the Service Victoria app then reinstalling after you tried linking the mygov account to it worked for them. :shrug:

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

Yes it's all part of god's plan.

Actual reasoning why Catholics (some) are against IVF.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I was trying to create a service Victoria account and it wasn't having it.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It’s partly an accessibility thing and partly that a lot of the most active people in the climate space are super tunnel visioned zealots that manage to piss off even people that agree with them 100% on policy

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

My name in Medicare is different to my name in myGov, like ones an initial and the others my full middle name or something so I can’t link Medicare up to it so I guess I’m never leaving the house again

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Look, the bible says Jesus will make the deaf hear, so whats the point of making gang signs at them anyway?

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Solemn Sloth posted:

My name in Medicare is different to my name in myGov, like ones an initial and the others my full middle name or something so I can’t link Medicare up to it so I guess I’m never leaving the house again

Oh good, we just ended our last getting hosed by the vaccine validation system story and I was starting to miss it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
You know for a freedom day I don't feel very free.

By Karl Marx

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

realbez posted:

Can’t wait to take my mask off and get plastered with hundreds of other people and spend the whole night shaking hands and hugging and putting my tongue in their mouths

But enough about your trip to the supermarket.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

freebooter posted:

For WA (or any COVID-free state) I think it would be perfectly acceptable to wait until vaccination uptake plateaus, which won't happen until well past 90%.

Yeah, this is one of those things that there is some mismatch in the messaging.

Vaccine uptake has been quick since the supply issues were sorted, and that has been celebrated, with rates yet to plateau. Yet it's also being said that people who aren't yet vaccinated have had plenty of time and it's their fault for not being vaccinated when % targets are met. But the whole point of a % target is that it will be met when some aren't yet covered.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

kirbysuperstar posted:

My stepdad runs a bus depot up in the mountains and there sure were a lot of people trying to get on without masks today.

lower mountains shops were 100% masks

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Solemn Sloth posted:

You can have more than one MyGov account.

Just make a new one with the proper name and you should be okay.

I have 2 accounts (no I don't know why) and know some people with three or four because it was easier to set up a new account than remember their login details.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

The only local shop displaying anti vax stuff in the window is a tattoo parlour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Like a gentleman.