Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Notorious ZSB posted:

No one really thinks Kentucky will hang with Georgia do they? Do they?

I think it's more the idea that Kentucky's defense is decent, their O is better than usual and we've had years of Georgia laying an egg on offense out of nowhere at any given time.

Georgia by 20+ at minimum is what my brain says, but my heart says there's a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

it’s more fun if they do

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Grittybeard posted:

I've been slacking on my utterly bewildering habit of watching Kansas football this year, are they looking anything more like a team does anyone know?

I see they scored some points against Coastal and Duke, which they maybe might not have done before. But I'm guessing most of those points came in garbage time?

They actually looked pretty good against coastal until the 4th quarter. That's, somewhat ironically, one of the few games I've watched this season. Came up empty too many times in the first half (5 field goals), otherwise they might have been in it at the end.

They had a first half lead on Duke before being blown out in the 2nd.

General Dog posted:

I don’t think they’re going to beat Tech.

Kansas is coming off a bye, hosting TTU in one of the last two games they'll have a shot in this season (the other being WVU). TTU is still without their top RB and QB. TTU's defense also still blows chunks. Good number of things in Kansas's favor.

Tech will probably score in the 30's, so it'll be up to Kansas to finish drives to see if they can keep up. I was going to say it was strength vs strength for Tech's rushing defense vs Kansas's rushing offense, but then I looked at the TCU box score. TCU only threw 10 passes and Tech gave up somewhere around 300 yards on the ground.

Texas Tech was Kansas's last FBS victory, a 3 point win in 2019. Tech had a 3 point win last season at home.

So yeah, Kansas could very well win this game.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

In case Manny Diaz doesn't get a 4th year, I have a candidate for Miami who's succeeded at another small, academics-first school in the ACC that just doesn't have the resources to compete with FSU and Clemson: Dave Clawson.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

All my standing meetings got cancelled since school is out for indigenous peoples day. Given the majority of participants in said meetings are Longhorns or Bama fans, this is disappointing but ultimately better for my professional reputation.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

but it would be way funnier if georgia just absolutely collapsed for no reason

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

In 2021, Georgia has been phenomenally well-coached given the slate of injuries, seems to have leaders all over the roster, and has a scheme that's worth a drat instead of RUN BAWL CUZ WE MANLY...and you'd figure that would make the team less inclined to get nerfed on one random Saturday a year as is tradition, but. I still can't help but feel the attrition on offense is going to catch up to them. Daniels is reportedly back by Florida, and might even be back this week, but seeing, believing. And the WR corps seem to be getting less healthy, not more.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Komet posted:

I thought this was a satire

The state of Alabama is beyond satire.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Came here to post this.

ESPN link. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32381239/argument-alabama-college-football-loss-texas-led-fatal-shooting-police-say

Wonder if the A&M fan was the shooter.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Bird in a Blender posted:

The state of Alabama is beyond satire.

I work with a Sooner fan who tried to kill himself after the USC national championship game.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

tactlessbastard posted:

I work with a Sooner fan who tried to kill himself after the USC national championship game.
that's just a sooner fan, we all did that

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

In 2021, Georgia has been phenomenally well-coached given the slate of injuries, seems to have leaders all over the roster, and has a scheme that's worth a drat instead of RUN BAWL CUZ WE MANLY...and you'd figure that would make the team less inclined to get nerfed on one random Saturday a year as is tradition, but. I still can't help but feel the attrition on offense is going to catch up to them. Daniels is reportedly back by Florida, and might even be back this week, but seeing, believing. And the WR corps seem to be getting less healthy, not more.

I figure Stetson starts and we rotate JT in a few times just to get him back up to speed. And yeah.. this is the most non-UGA like Georgia team I think I can ever remember. Aside from the game where we had a few penalties on punts, we havent been making stupid mistakes and Kirby is just letting Monken do his thing. Seems good.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Octavious Oxendine earns SEC co defensive player of the week honors despite finishing the game on crutches. He's out for the rest of the season with a torn meniscus. Marquon McCall is also out against Georgia still. Silver lining is that D line is probably the deepest position besides running back.

No. My only hope is they can put up a better showing than Arkansas or Auburn did, at least cover the spread. At least there is a bye afterwards. In 2018 when they played Georgia for the East, they not only lost but came out flat against Tennessee the next week in a game on paper they should have won that year, and cost themselves a new year's 6 bowl. This year they get two weeks before going back on the road to cowbell hell.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Octavious Oxendine

All-name team material

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Its a chaotic year but unfortunately this game is not happening at murder kroger field so that pushes us back to georgia winning easily.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't think Kentucky will win but I do think it will be a low scoring game and weird poo poo can happen in those.

Also, Stetson Bennett sounds exactly like the name of someone who would cost Georgia a game.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't think Kentucky will win but I do think it will be a low scoring game and weird poo poo can happen in those.

Also, Stetson Bennett sounds exactly like the name of someone who would cost Georgia a game.

Honestly, I wonder if we'll actually have any idea how good Georgia is before the conference title game. Is there really any other offense in the SEC that could put actual pressure on Georgia to need scoring short of Alabama? Tennessee is a pure 50/50 gamble based on deep balls, so that's not going to be it. Florida can score but also has a QB who can be baited into bad ideas.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

The Vols only chance against Georgia is that the Neyland turf takes the remainder of their starters and even then it feels like we'd only lose by 2 scores instead of 5.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 11, 2021

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

TheGreyGhost posted:

Honestly, I wonder if we'll actually have any idea how good Georgia is before the conference title game. Is there really any other offense in the SEC that could put actual pressure on Georgia to need scoring short of Alabama? Tennessee is a pure 50/50 gamble based on deep balls, so that's not going to be it. Florida can score but also has a QB who can be baited into bad ideas.

UF only put up 13 on UK, I have no idea how we plan to score points on UGA but I do anticipate 3 or 4 bad picks from Jones.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LeeMajors posted:

I have no idea how we plan to score points on UGA

Avoiding double digit pre-snap penalties is one idea.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Stetson Fleming Bennett IV

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ehud posted:

Penn State coaching staff is furiously writing this nugget down.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

I admire your optimism.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

TheGreyGhost posted:

Florida can score but also has a QB who can be baited into bad ideas.

No worries, Grantham's going to set up his equivalent of a Maginot Line. That'll bottle up Georgia's offense.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/jloose128/status/1447242059694415880?t=3SihBNgn6WaEKqJSev35Hw&s=19

MAP

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Iowa getting the top of Alaska is a geography thing I wouldn't have expected.

Also Meep Meep.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

It's very weird and funny

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Cthulu Carl posted:

No, but that's not going ng to stop me from screaming "WILDCATS, BITCH! WOOOOO!" every play

Doing this with a bunch of Georgia fans even after you are down 42 points is in fact the best.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

LLCoolJD posted:

No worries, Grantham's going to set up his equivalent of a Maginot Line. That'll bottle up Georgia's offense.

There's probably a depressingly large number of UGA fans that would appreciate that 1939 Nazi Wehrmacht comparison there

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah that is loving me up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Gonna need OU to finally get that loss they've been begging for and Oklahoma state to lose so the Roadrunners and Ponies run wild on these maps.

If Kentucky beats Georgia somehow that immediately makes them rivals with SMU. Iowa is going to dominate in any case.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

I. M. Gei posted:

Yeah that is loving me up.

That was messing with me too, but once you think about how the earth curves and that Alaska kind of tilts clockwise in a projection, the opposite of how it's portrayed on that map inlay, it makes sense.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Map good

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Gonna need OU to finally get that loss they've been begging for and Oklahoma state to lose so the Roadrunners and Ponies run wild on these maps.

If Kentucky beats Georgia somehow that immediately makes them rivals with SMU. Iowa is going to dominate in any case.

Nope we want the undefeated bedlam

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
Went to Neyland this weekend as I have never been before and received a free ticket from a Tennessee friend. Top shelf game day experience, even for a lovely South Carolina team. Next week against Ole Miss will be bonkers in Knoxville. Enjoy the show, Vols fans.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
If SDSU were to lose, the left edge of the map would be very, very interesting

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I still prefer the version of this map idea where teams take over the territory of the school they defeated.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kayakyakr posted:

If SDSU were to lose, the left edge of the map would be very, very interesting

*checks schedule*

Halloween will be big

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I feel like Oklahoma State is the least talked about undefeated team in the country. Have they played anybody with a pulse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Earlier in the week, I made a joke about Jahan Dotson not being able to throw to himself. I aplogize for that.

Jahan Dotson should be the QB going forward and PSU should adopt the triple for the rest of the season.