Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

gschmidl posted:

The description of Offensive Adult Party Game alone is worth your time reading this.

It's funny but it also just makes me think me of just how weirdly aggressive I've seen some people get when they find out other people have played and enjoyed games like CAH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Psychic Pizza Deliverers go to the Ghost Town has 28 ghost meeples.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/boardgametables/dandelions-and-psychic-pizza-deliverers-go-to-the-ghost-town/

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

I have the original version of this and it is a neat thing you can play with almost anyone.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Games Infinitum Is Backing Because He Has No Self Control :siren:
Paint the Roses Coop tile laying + tile guessing deduction game. Lay tiles, avoid getting decapitated. I'm all in babyyyyyyyy
Dandelions and Psychic Pizza Deliverers Go to the Ghost Town - Goons say Psychic Pizza is a hidden gem. Ghost meeples! (I'm probably backing) No comment on Dendelions!

Cool Games Worth A Look In
Thunder Road Vendetta - "What is Mad Max Fury Road" for $500, please Alex. Remake of old game by Restoration Games
Birdwatcher the Board Game - Wingspan, but instead of collecting birds you're being a voyeuristic pervert! Dope art!
Gartenbau - Domino gardening!

Maybe Not Quite As Cool, But Still Interesting
Micro Medusa - 1v1 Tile laying game. Mailed via envelope!
Perpetuity: Grave Descent - Worker placement in space /w lazy susan in the middle
Blokk the 3D Board Game - It's Tetris! In 3D!
Forgotten Treasure - Turn based pirate themed card game. Defend yourself and earn treasure!
Kooky Kats - Card collector. More art project than game?

Kickstarters that are just Fuckin :laffo:
OLEM - The Boardgame Robot - Remember R.O.B.? Remember Juisir? Remember why they call it the Internet Of poo poo?
Coyote Petersons Wild Adventure - Featuring 'Guy Wishing He Could Be The American Steve Irwin' on the cover!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Remember to Live Laugh LoveConservation guy!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Haven't looked at the kickstarter but coyote peterson's a cool dude from what I remember, did something happen?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No, I'm just a cynical sarcastic arsehole taking the piss AKA An Australian.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Backed both because Dandelions looks cool too. All about those ghost meeples though.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

Paint the Roses Coop tile laying + tile guessing deduction game. Lay tiles, avoid getting decapitated. I'm all in babyyyyyyyy
Dandelions and Psychic Pizza Deliverers Go to the Ghost Town - Goons say Psychic Pizza is a hidden gem. Ghost meeples! (I'm probably backing) No comment on Dendelions!
Micro Medusa - 1v1 Tile laying game. Mailed via envelope!

Well, there goes my discretional spending for the week...

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

FirstAidKite posted:

Haven't looked at the kickstarter but coyote peterson's a cool dude from what I remember, did something happen?
Yeah - I mean he's actually fairly passable as a modern Steve Irwin. Seems likable enough, and I haven't hated it when he's been on.

I think he's a dummy for all the 'I'm going to let this insect sting me' youtube stuff, but there's so many worse people out there.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Thunder Road Vendetta is at $150K out of $500K as of this writing. The gameboard is almost featureless, very similar to what was shown at recent conventions, which is disappointing. The miniatures are uninspired compared to the original game, and are still the "put colored body on the black chassis" and very small. I was hoping they would be ripe for painting, even if you had to keep the team colors intact, but there's just not enough detail. And it's impossible to see what the wrecks look like on the campaign page, and you only get 4 instead of 8 compared to the old game. The wrecks were one of the coolest parts of the old game!

I have a copy of the original game and I might back $10 just to be able to use BackerKit later, but this doesn't speak to me as much as Car Wars did.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

EverettLO posted:

Myth & Goal has cancelled despite looking like closing at about 184% of their goal. They claim it is a chance to retool the game to deal with the many, many critical comments they got about their game. Reading between the lines, though, this was another case of having a fake goal number and not hitting the number they actually wanted/needed to make the project worthwhile.

I swear that at least once a year there's a new fantasy football game, every year. They all fail but I guess that sweet sweet Games Workshop sort of money is to alluring.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Went in on the Dandelions/Psychic Pizza Kickstarter. BoardGameTables is very underrated IMO.

Great production and everything is super easy to get to the table for me.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

DalaranJ posted:

I’ve never seen a kickstarter which is just an advertisement for a YouTube channel before. Unless the YouTube channel is also a joke?

This seems like a very serious YouTube channel imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-t9s_zGbY4

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Thunder Road Vendetta is definitely a disappointment. There's no way the $140 tier is going to have a $140 percieved value when the "figures" look like capsule toys.

You could build a better Gaslands setup for $70 and an afternoon.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

dwarf74 posted:

Yeah - I mean he's actually fairly passable as a modern Steve Irwin. Seems likable enough, and I haven't hated it when he's been on.

I think he's a dummy for all the 'I'm going to let this insect sting me' youtube stuff, but there's so many worse people out there.

I think he's on record as saying that the "I'm gonna let this thing bite me" stuff is like 10% of his output but makes 90% of his income or something. He'd quit doing it if he could.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

theironjef posted:

I think he's on record as saying that the "I'm gonna let this thing bite me" stuff is like 10% of his output but makes 90% of his income or something. He'd quit doing it if he could.
Oh I get it - he was/is on YouTube, you need that crazy poo poo to get attention. I don't begrudge him that - it's just so deeply uncomfortable to watch.

Like I said - he seems genuinely excited about the wildlife, seems to give a poo poo about their well-being, is basically fearless... I'm happy he's successful enough for a board game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Any excuse to share these vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oSh_zOaVFk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ip_ms5JLdM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgTdsKD-GhE

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

SelenicMartian posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dnlnwmn/union-station

Cube Rails, but shipped as a gift to dodge charges!

I'm not seeing anything in the project description regarding shipping as a gift--I can't speak for the publisher, New Mill, but the designer of this is good people. He's self published a number of zine games and is overall a nice guy

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

They edited the gift line out at the same time they increased the maximum print run to 1000 copies from 500.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Psychic Pizza Deliverers looks really nice, and I've been very impressed by Boardgametables other published stuff and their light touch in not bombarding with pointless kickstarter updates.

Annoyingly the shipping for UK is a fairly high $14 on a $34 game, with 20% VAT on top - so it's a fairly expensive prospect for a smallish game.

Their stuff never comes to retail here, though - so this still remains the best option to get it even if its more than I'd ideally want to pay.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I'm tempted by voidfall because the idea of coop play is interesting...but I also still need eclipse 2e

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Psychic Pizza Deliverers looks really nice, and I've been very impressed by Boardgametables other published stuff and their light touch in not bombarding with pointless kickstarter updates.

Annoyingly the shipping for UK is a fairly high $14 on a $34 game, with 20% VAT on top - so it's a fairly expensive prospect for a smallish game.

Their stuff never comes to retail here, though - so this still remains the best option to get it even if its more than I'd ideally want to pay.
I've been generally avoiding backing Kickstarters because of these extra costs but I might throw caution to the wind for this one. It's more than I'd like to pay in additional fees, but the total cost is still reasonable and I'm not sure I could get it easily/cheaper elsewhere. A bit like Tragedy Looper it's one of those Japanese games I've heard is very good but honestly still have no idea how it actually plays so I might check out the rules and a video before I put my money where my mouth is.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Jarvisi posted:

I'm tempted by voidfall because the idea of coop play is interesting...but I also still need eclipse 2e

For another perspective, I was excited to back Voidfall, then ultimately canceled my pledge when I tried to read the rules and my eyes started to glaze over. The game just seems like hell to teach, and maybe your group is the type to handle a bunch of symbols and a billion systems piled onto each other, but it just seems heavy for the sake of being heavy. Maybe actually playing it will show that the game is quite easy to play, but I can wait until it hits retail and I can pick up a standard version at some point.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Redundant posted:

still have no idea how it actually plays so I might check out the rules and a video before I put my money where my mouth is.

If you have some friends here is a TTS module for Psychic Pizza Deliverers go to the Ghost Town

On the subject
Thunder Road Vendetta TTS Module
Paint the Roses TTS Module

theironjef posted:

I'm def having more of a crack at his Peter Perfect routine on the cover, and not his conservation work.

Jarvisi posted:

I haven't done a lot of reading on the subject, but apparently the more you look at Voidfall the less unique things you'll find about it - to make it stand out from the crowd.

Like yes absolutely 100% if that is your jam my dude go right ahead, but TI + Eclipse both exist and you can buy them both now

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Yeah Aussie here so we're getting boned on shipping rates atm as well :hfive:
Higher costs + longer shipping delays are probably here to stay for the foreseeable future.

The only advice I can give is add the shipping costs to whatever you back, as it's more of an upfront cost now - but 'offsets it' if the shipping price doesn't change when the pledge manager goes live.
Worst case scenario you only get slugged a few bucks extra more a few months down the line.

Like I'll def cop to it that it's a 'dumb' way of going about it, but you basically know what you'll be slapping down upfront.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Infinitum posted:

Like yes absolutely 100% if that is your jam my dude go right ahead, but TI + Eclipse both exist and you can buy them both now

Do either of those do coop? I wasn't aware of any good coop 4x games.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
TI4 and Eclipse do not to the best of my knowledge have coop (or even solo, I don't think), let alone one that looks as robust and fully fleshed out as Voidfall's. That's why I'm interested in Voidfall and have no position for virtually any of the competition in my collection.

I believe Fractal does claim to offer some coop/solo play but it sounded kinda half-assed and anyway, it's a second project from a company whose first project I've never heard anything about, versus Mindclash, who are incredibly solid and get a lot of love almost everywhere I've looked.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

The rule of thumb that hasn't failed me yet is that if a big heavy euro does coop and competitive both modes suffer for it.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Bottom Liner posted:

The rule of thumb that hasn't failed me yet is that if a big heavy euro does coop and competitive both modes suffer for it.

A feast for odin is great solo and competitive, as are basically all the Lacerdas just as a couple of examples.

I'm backing Voidfall because I am missing a big 4x style game in my collection and I much prefer a 4 hour deterministic euro to an 8 hour slog where you can lose the game to a dice roll or two like TI. The teach will be pretty involved for sure, just because there is so much stuff, but from the couple of solo plays on TTS once you start to click with the icons things begin to get pretty consistent. I never found AP was too bad, while I might have had a bunch of cards to choose from, each with 3 actions, if I had a certain goal I was trying to achieve for a turn that usually meant I was picking between just 2 cards.

The solo only icons are a bit rougher at the moment though but that's because they are made by David Turzci and haven't had a graphic design pass from Ian O'Toole yet. I think the core gameplay loop is pretty great and they have been very upfront about what still needs a bit more development and refinement.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Thunder Road Vendetta canceled until January: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/restorationgames/thunder-road-vendetta/posts/3328972

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

All I can tell you is I watched a coop playthrough of Voidfall (with David Turczi) on One Stop Coop Shop and it looks amazing and very well thought out. I don't even know another coop heavy Euro apart from CO2: Second Chance, tbh, and the competitive play there was always involving a (really dangerous) shared loss condition even in the previous competitive-only edition.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

KongGeorgeVII posted:

A feast for odin is great solo and competitive,

Solo modes are not the same as coop. It's pretty easy to design an overly wrought AI deck with 20 pages of how to make it work to simulate playing against someone (The Dávid Turczi Method ™). It's a whole different ball game to redesign the core structure of the game to work as a cooperative endeavor.

Also worth noting here that without the expansion boards, the base game of AFfO is better and tighter as a solo game than multiplayer because of the alternating viking colors mechanic.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Bottom Liner posted:

Solo modes are not the same as coop. It's pretty easy to design an overly wrought AI deck with 20 pages of how to make it work to simulate playing against someone (The Dávid Turczi Method ™). It's a whole different ball game to redesign the core structure of the game to work as a cooperative endeavor.

Also worth noting here that without the expansion boards, the base game of AFfO is better and tighter as a solo game than multiplayer because of the alternating viking colors mechanic.

Oops, totally misread it as solo instead of coop. My bad.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/asmadigames/one-deck-galaxy

Last day-ish for One Deck Galaxy. I really like One Deck Dungeon on the iPad, and I picked up ODD to play with my wife. The game takes a little too long for our lunchtime gaming, but we both really did enjoy it. We might also be slow players. Anyway, ODG looks pretty much like ODD in space, but better.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I backed ODG but I tried ODD on the PC and I didn't like it. Kind of debating dropping it

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I actually enjoyed the minimalist art design on the boxes, for what that's worth.

Also it's probably going to be a whole new world come January between shipping and everyone in power signaling inflation and energy are about crash directly into the holidays.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I watched a gameplay video of Voidfall; it is dense but about as dense as a Lacerda game I guess. I liked a lot of what I saw but I'm definitely waiting for retail.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

It definitely felt like this campaign didn't catch people's interest like previous ones from them. But I noticed, in this post he says he's gonna explain their reasoning behind postponing the campaign, but... he doesn't really. He just apologizes for letting the backers down, and says what they aim to fix between now and January.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The minimalist art was great, but the physical components looked like dollar-store party favors.

It was pretty disappointing. There's a lot of polish on the KS, but this smelled like an overpriced ripoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

fischtick posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/asmadigames/one-deck-galaxy

Last day-ish for One Deck Galaxy. I really like One Deck Dungeon on the iPad, and I picked up ODD to play with my wife. The game takes a little too long for our lunchtime gaming, but we both really did enjoy it. We might also be slow players. Anyway, ODG looks pretty much like ODD in space, but better.

I'm on the fence for it. I haven't played one deck dungeon but ODD looks like it could be alright?