Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

Wouldn't this entail showing HHH in a prone position, ie acknowledging he almost died of a heart attack in his early 50s?

Everyone assumes it was the steroids but given the way WWE's done things for the last 18 months there's a decent chance covid hosed what was left of his heart.

Should've used more sword spray I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Wonder if Rhea's MosherZ found her belt bag

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

beggar posted:

Wonder if Rhea's MosherZ found her belt bag

Apparently not. She had to borrow Damien Priests gear for a house show last night
https://twitter.com/RheaRipley_WWE/status/1450130957822877703

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

bartok posted:

I liked how he very clearly kept trying to retire multiple times but the audience kept making GBS threads on it with chants like "you tapped out" or the classic "na na na na hey hey hey good bye"

I remember it being only after one match. Did it happen multiple times?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

HHH return date confirmed

https://twitter.com/AndrewZarian/status/1450108206714429444

Hopefully they still have Mark Henry's mobility scooter.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

blunt posted:

So they're throwing back to the New Generation Era in the New New Generation Era?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
when the retro nxt episode where they have good wrestling

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

blunt posted:

A good retro angle to reimagine would be HHH playing comatose Linda McMahon

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
DX invades Dynamite and the fans just try and recruit Shawn Michaels

AEW fans are Age of Empires Wololols

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I do not want HHH to die, I want to see him Wrestle once more.

I have a feeling Vince won’t let him anymore and if they do a retirement match they’ll just give it to Roman because only he can get anything in WWE but it’d be cool to see him go out losing to Big E or AJ or Dunne

If anyone was gonna get put over by HHH as a retirement match it would’ve been Adam Cole lol

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

blunt posted:

HA

The SmackDown Retro episode I don't recall had much beside the CGI fist
https://i.imgur.com/BaMP3RN.gifv

F4W recap had this

quote:

They used the old 80s WWE signature at the start. The opening video featured old clips from the 80s and 90s. It focused on The Rock and included the voices of Gene Okerlund, Gorilla Monsoon, and Vince McMahon.

Michael Cole and Pat McAfee opened up the show at ringside. McAfee dressed like Vince from the 90s WWF Superstars, and Cole dressed like late 90s Cole.

They showed clips of the first SmackDown main event from August 26, 1999, featuring The Rock against Triple H.

The set features the old WWE 80s and 90s logo. Sadly, there's no giant fist, although they did have a CGI version.

They showed an old 80s commercial for the WWF Ice Cream bars featuring Hacksaw Jim Duggan and the voice of Lord Alfred Hayes.

They aired clips of Eddie Guerrero and Vince McMahon in Guerrero's low rider in a SmackDown flashback.

So most of the "retro' was just clips from old SmackDowns and highlight big old matches

What CGI will RAW have?

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

Haha, what week does AEW Dynamite move to TBS?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

I do not want HHH to die, I want to see him Wrestle once more.

I have a feeling Vince won’t let him anymore and if they do a retirement match they’ll just give it to Roman because only he can get anything in WWE but it’d be cool to see him go out losing to Big E or AJ or Dunne

Be cool to see Tony buy out WWE and have him lose to CM Punk in a minute minute squash, but I too also don't want to see him die

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
I'm personally fine with it if noted racist HHH croaks

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

TealShark posted:

Haha, what week does AEW Dynamite move to TBS?

Google says first week 1/5/22

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm personally fine with it if noted racist HHH croaks

He already did and everyone needs to make their peace with it

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I don't follow the numbers but tying i the demos seems like vindication for loser hunter

https://twitter.com/PWTorch/status/1450195273246990338

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 18, 2021

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
We have official stats that Roman Reigns is as big a draw as The Bunny

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AEW's b-tier show squeaking by in the key demo even after they threw everything + the kitchen sink and an overrun at Rampage is some shocking poo poo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

AEW's b-tier show squeaking by in the key demo even after they threw everything + the kitchen sink and an overrun at Rampage is some shocking poo poo

WWE lost people by it being on FS1 instead of Fox.

But they'll use that as more of an excuse than its worth and still not try to improve TV.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Codependent Poster posted:

WWE lost people by it being on FS1 instead of Fox.

But they'll use that as more of an excuse than its worth and still not try to improve TV.

Yeah, if Smackdown hadn't done a half hour overrun nobody really would have cared. Rampage was losing some of its lustre so may have dropped below 500K and we definitely wouldn't have had Danielson/Suzuki.

But Vince couldn't stand the idea of competition so he had to take a shot at AEW and show off his withered grapefruits.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1450213965070360576

The Needle Mover couldn't beat out The Bunny in his segment, truly hate to see it

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

blunt posted:

This get sadder every time they do it, like when they kept doing ECW reunions well into the late 2010's.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Benne posted:

The Needle Mover couldn't beat out The Bunny in his segment, truly hate to see it

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I really hope they put the belt on Brock

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

I hope this means they actually realize that Big E is a legitimate draw and keep the belt on him.

He's gonna lose it at Blood Money, isn't he?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Ruby and CM Punk are just bigger draws and stars than Lesnar and Roman, simple as that

Renaissance Spam posted:

WWE is desperate and hot-shotting everything outside of being dumb, so yes

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Benne posted:

Didn't some goon post prior to the show about how AEW shouldn't "waste" Ruby and/or valuable TV time on a match with the Bunny in it? I bet they're feeling pretty darn silly right about now :v:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Humiliation for Loser Company

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Benne posted:

Reminds me of when a Lenny and Lodi tag match on Nitro held ratings records for months

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
They rushed back Becky when she wasnt ready, and forced her heel, and rushed in Brock because if Bryan Danielson, and now they're tying with the head of the Riott Squad.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Renaissance Spam posted:

I hope this means they actually realize that Big E is a legitimate draw and keep the belt on him.

Ratings have gone down under Big E i thought? I love the man but ratings i dont think reflect why he should be champ.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lid posted:

They rushed back Becky when she wasnt ready, and forced her heel, and rushed in Brock because if Bryan Danielson, and now they're tying with the head of the Riott Squad.

She was ready. The heel turn is not working though. It's something absolutely nobody wants and the more they keep trying it, the worse it's gonna be.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Didn't some goon post prior to the show about how AEW shouldn't "waste" Ruby and/or valuable TV time on a match with the Bunny in it? I bet they're feeling pretty darn silly right about now :v:

Dave Meltzer and one of the other F4W guys that isn't Alvarez basically said that exact thing on their show last week, how it was stupid not to bump the women's match to put Danielson/Suzuki on TV.

Cause obviously the best way for AEW to keep the higher trust that fans have for them over WWE is to pull the WWE move of making their women's division completely disposable, that would never piss anybody off for sure.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm glad Tony didn't just cancel every match and replace with big ones to prove a point. The win means more when its a normal episode. Also lol @ Ruby going even with Roman after Ruby got released to make room on the roster for Eva Marie.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Humiliation for Loser Company

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Lid posted:

Ratings have gone down under Big E i thought? I love the man but ratings i dont think reflect why he should be champ.

his first week as champ he lost to roman reigns twice in one night

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Lid posted:

Raw's actually doing better since E took the belt. The hot shotting means we don't really have a fair comparison, plus the MNF stuff, but Raw hasn't lost the demo to AEW since Big E won the belt so someone might see that as causal rather than simply correlation.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Drakkel posted:

Dave Meltzer and one of the other F4W guys that isn't Alvarez basically said that exact thing on their show last week, how it was stupid not to bump the women's match to put Danielson/Suzuki on TV.

Cause obviously the best way for AEW to keep the higher trust that fans have for them over WWE is to pull the WWE move of making their women's division completely disposable, that would never piss anybody off for sure.

I think the goon's point was that they felt the Bunny is terrible and undeserving of TV time (both of which I'd disagree with), not so much that Danielson/Suzuki should have been on TV. But either way your point about the women's division not being treated as disposable is correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
lol Roman Vs Brock tied with the loving adverts on Rampage. People were already watching wrestling and they decided that the Doritos adverts were more compelling viewing than the biggest storyline in WWE today.