Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Solidarity with black people is a slippery slope

leading to solidarity with trans people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

gonadic io posted:

Solidarity with black people is a slippery slope

leading to solidarity with trans people

Come Out Ye Black and Trans

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Come Out Ye Black and Trans

come out and fight me like a man

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

bedpan posted:

come out and fight me like a man

Congrats on your new Guardian column!

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

gonadic io posted:

the LGB (note the lack of T) alliance conference is happening yesterday/today and the discourse around it is awful

https://i.imgur.com/GdUHfXe.png

e: or Q, or in fact A, I, or + you're right sorry

There Are Two Genders And Three Sexualities

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

There Are Two Genders And Three Sexualities

Well funny story, completely unexpected, but wouldn't you know it but people keep unearthing posts from prominent LGB alliance members saying how they should remove the G and the B too! What are the odds

e: and every group there is called like "Safety For Women" or something and not one mentions the G or B either! How odd!

gonadic io has issued a correction as of 17:39 on Oct 22, 2021

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
In non-TERF (mostly) news:
https://twitter.com/BloombergUK/status/1451582731960430599

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

This I did not expect. I always thought it would be the U.K. ripping up the deal cause it's the uurooos being assholes.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

An insane mind posted:

This I did not expect. I always thought it would be the U.K. ripping up the deal cause it's the uurooos being assholes.

The Tories want to but everything is going to poo poo much more than in the EU so the EU gets to use it as a weapon instead.

Once again it's revealing that the Tories are only in power because the state and society crushes opposition to them, the Tories aren't actually good at doing things.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
had to go to my uni for the first time (even though i'm second year) because they're insisting on in person classes. holy poo poo is another covid wave gonna tear through the UK i am astonished. literally 0% mask usage in some classes, students and staff.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
the only way to get to classrooms is to go through an open plan starbucks, lmao

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
"going to"

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

gonadic io posted:

"going to"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99lyU5N--f8

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

gonadic io posted:

I believe they've mostly stopped saying this after being so categorically refuted with various quotes from his, his close friends, and his daughter, and they have margaret atwood fully alive now anyway.

When did atwood throw her hat into the ring? I feel like I missed something?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i think it comes from the handmaiden's tale being used as an analogy for biological women being "repressed" in the gender crit sense and her responding to that extremely negatively, iirc

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Southpaugh posted:

When did atwood throw her hat into the ring? I feel like I missed something?

https://twitter.com/MargaretAtwood/status/1450429768067846145

e: it's important to note that the article she's posting immediately refutes itself, some real loving war-on-christmas poo poo:
https://twitter.com/transscribe/status/1450432027589812232

gonadic io has issued a correction as of 19:36 on Oct 22, 2021

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R

gonadic io posted:

"going to"

\m/

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

gonadic io posted:

e: it's important to note that the article she's posting immediately refutes itself, some real loving war-on-christmas poo poo:

Fucksake Atwood. One would have hoped for better.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Dreylad posted:

please respect The Queen of Canada thank you very much

No.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

I don’t care who the next monarch is so long as they have a 4 star stewardship education trait and a good spymaster

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

gonadic io posted:

"going to"

R rate back upto 1.2
UK has a Delta Plus Variant too which is quicker spreading!
64 days until Christmas!

100k by Christmas Eve baby!

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
re delta+:

gonadic io posted:

Variant discourse is starting up again which I guess is a prelude to the gov maybe doing something about having the highest sustained number of cases over the last few months in western europe, except that even in a whole article about the new variant and its possibly increased transmission when they actually quote the source at the bottom of the article, well,

quote:

“We shouldn’t be blaming the virus for what is going on in the UK,” said Gupta. “It is because we have fundamentally failed to control transmission, and that is because kids are vulnerable, they have not been vaccinated, they are back at school, they are spreading virus among themselves and they are feeding it into their families.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/19/fears-grow-in-england-over-rise-of-new-covid-delta-variant

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Southpaugh posted:

Fucksake Atwood. One would have hoped for better.
she’s besties with Ghislaine

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Also since then I've seen some good points raised that the whole horror in the handmaid's tale is basically: what if slavery happened to white women too

i.e. similar to all the previous points about how 2nd wave feminism is strictly from the white middle-class woman's perspective and is not intersectional at all

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

it's ok, you have a shiny new trade deal with *checks note* New Zealand!
soon the cardboard cutouts of kiwi fruit will be replaced with the real thing as soon as we find a spare shipping container and some lorry drivers

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

mawarannahr posted:

she’s besties with Ghislaine

lmao

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/AydinDikerdem/status/1451506455127920640?t=hIKLYwp2glNlbXRPCs4uPQ&s=19

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

gonadic io posted:

Also since then I've seen some good points raised that the whole horror in the handmaid's tale is basically: what if slavery happened to white women too

i.e. similar to all the previous points about how 2nd wave feminism is strictly from the white middle-class woman's perspective and is not intersectional at all
They are mostly basing their perception of Patriarchy on gender and only gender when it's also Class dependent and *gasp* some women largely profited from it. Can you guess which ones? So lol expecting them to be inter-sectional...
Also the Handmaiden Tales is a funny book when you consider that billions of dollars are invested each year into biotech research and you can be sure some people are working really hard to have births happen without female mammal bodies. It's not even a good anticipation book, in a good sci-fi anticipation book the baby nazis come straight out of the factories, no women involved in weird slavish breeding roles.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
I've never read the book so correct me if it's different, but it bugged me that what I saw of the show seemed to completely sidestep even the slightest addressing of the inevitable white supremacy an American Evangelical theocracy would be super into.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I hear Labour National is demanding updates on property holdings of local parties ? They planning a fire sale?

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Toplowtech posted:

They are mostly basing their perception of Patriarchy on gender and only gender when it's also Class dependent and *gasp* some women largely profited from it. Can you guess which ones? So lol expecting them to be inter-sectional...

“the real problem with patriarchy is that women have far too much power” yeah I definitely don’t detect any underlying intent to unpeople women with hate like this

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
their analysis of handmaids is even worse but I won’t touch that

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
can’t stress enough how loving disgusting it was you called people in here sympathetic to a brutal rapist and murderer, easily one of the most singularly misogynistic things that had ever happened itt

do not know what the gently caress is wrong with you but am pretty confident as to what’s wrong with a culture that allows you

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

“the real problem with patriarchy is that women have far too much power” yeah I definitely don’t detect any underlying intent to unpeople women with hate like this

gently caress you

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lmao great good-faith posting here.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

gently caress off

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Mustafa is doing extremely low effort baits to try and get effort posts out of you all, stop rising to it lol

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
gentle trolling by calling people rape murders

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

We've already got enough transphobes here already, we don't need any applications for more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
I swear to gently caress “don’t fall for the trolls” is the anthem for just the absolute worst posters on the history of the board. the loving Stephen universe squad rolls out to make sure no one prevents the worst posting in the history of the world to make sure no one comes for number two. can’t imagine why!