Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should troll Fancy Pelosi be allowed to stay?
This poll is closed.
Yes 160 32.92%
No 326 67.08%
Total: 486 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Hey All, so Fancy Pelosi has dropped in the Mod Feedback forum to let us know that they were a troll all along, but frankly, we're inclined to let them stay. So vote in the poll!

Pagesnipe cat tax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
nm; forgot who I was responding to.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

CommieGIR posted:

Hey All, so Fancy Pelosi has dropped in the Mod Feedback forum to let us know that they were a troll all along, but frankly, we're inclined to let them stay. So vote in the poll!

Pagesnipe cat tax:

They were clearly the laziest low effort troll from the beginning, so no.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Willa Rogers posted:

lmao that you all want to hold on to a troll while forum- and thread-banning some of the best posters like vital signs.

e: If it was sarcasm, my bad, I've never been good at picking up sarcasm well in text.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 24, 2021

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Willa Rogers posted:

Yes, I mean "just" restoring the SALT deductions, which tilt way in favor of wealthy people, and which Pelosi has said all along the final bill must include.

I'll dig up some prior posts I made on this, with sourcing, if you'd like. :)

No need, I understand the SALT deductions reduce riches peoples taxes in some states somewhat, it just seems misleading to say "tax cuts for the rich" are a clear priority when there's also been such a push to raise cooperate tax, increasing the top marginal rate for people, raise inheritance tax for stuff over $1mil, capital gains tax increases, more IRS audits for the rich etc.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

CommieGIR posted:

Pagesnipe cat tax:

STOP THE COUNT

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Pagesnipe cat tax:

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Fancy Pelosi is doing a fantastic bit where they take right wing talking points and slap them with neoliberal rhetoric and it is indistinguishable from Democratic/Liberal posters on Twitter and in this thread. It is brilliant.

Make Fancy Pelosi IK for this thread.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 24, 2021

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Darkrenown posted:

No need, I understand the SALT deductions reduce riches peoples taxes in some states somewhat, it just seems misleading to say "tax cuts for the rich" are a clear priority when there's also been such a push to raise cooperate tax, increasing the top marginal rate for people, raise inheritance tax for stuff over $1mil, capital gains tax increases, more IRS audits for the rich etc.

Did you see my post the other day in which I sourced the figures for a 2-year restoration of the deduction coming out to one-tenth of the total expenditures for the rec bill? If it were restored for 10 years, it'd come out to one-fifth of the bill's spending over that time.

Now, I'm just a country bumpkin but it sure seems to me that such a richies-tilted tax cut could pay for a lot of programs that affect a lot more people in ways that polls say are a lot more popular among voters.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Shockingly, we don't probate fairly innocent trolling, I guess the question is: Would you have done so if you were an IK?
We were aware they were a re-reg of a non-perma'd account since October the 2nd.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Their posts were dogshit and completely indistinguishable from what typically gets posted here so they should be allowed to stay.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Shockingly, we don't probate fairly innocent trolling, I guess the question is: Would you have if you were an IK?
We were aware they were a re-reg of a non-perma'd account since October the 2nd.

I was editing my post to make it a bit more clear but it looks like you were in there as well.

I liked Fancy Pelosi’s posting style in this thread because I genuinely found it funny. I was legit throwing my vote for Fancy to be IK. I still stand by that.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I was editing my post to make it a bit more clear but it looks like you were in there as well.

I liked Fancy Pelosi’s posting style in this thread because I genuinely found it funny. I was legit throwing my vote for Fancy to be IK. I still stand by that.

Yeah my bad I hit edit instead of quote.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Oh word? Really? The poster who dropped by to stir poo poo with inane bad faith posts was a troll?

Ban them for admitting it, but if you're going to ban posters for poo poo stirring with bad faith bullshit there's a couple more prolific posters you should probably take care of first.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Nucleic Acids posted:

Their posts were dogshit and completely indistinguishable from what typically gets posted here so they should be allowed to stay.
Yeah, this: I don’t register usernames on a quick scan, so their posts only stood out when people started calling “troll”. Before that it was like any other weekend/nite crew poster.

Tibalt posted:

if you're going to ban posters for poo poo stirring with bad faith bullshit there's a couple more prolific posters you should probably take care of first.
If y’all are going to start actually moderating D&D, then by all means threadban, along with the other dozen or so admitted poo poo-stirrers. Otherwise, why start trying the smart option now?

AmiYumi fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 24, 2021

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

CommieGIR posted:

Pagesnipe cat tax:

Obvious troll account admits to being obvious troll. Film at 11.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah my bad I hit edit instead of quote.

No worries.

To get back on topic

Main Paineframe posted:

Hey, everyone getting pissed off at this tweet might want to actually read the article.

So on the one hand, there's two legislators and a White House spokesman going on the record to say those programs will not be cut. On the other hand, there's a few anonymous staffers and lobbyists saying they may or may not be cut. And here in USNews, we have 100% of respondents performatively rending their clothing and wailing as they lament the forever death of these programs.

I’m not sure why it was fine to accept anonymous sources under the Trump admin but not under Biden. The Biden admin isn’t known so far for its transparency.

I will accept that this may have been put out as feelers to gauge public reaction than possible legislation change.

In each “leak” I feel it is necessary to treat them as truth and condemn the bad ideas with fully throated fury and anger to inform the Dems and liberals that this poo poo is unacceptable.

virtualboyCOLOR fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 24, 2021

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Fancy Pelosi new IK plz. If you love their trolling that much.

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008
Wait, so an obvious troll came in, was instantly called out as a troll, kept posting and was ignored because everyone knew it was a troll, then claimed some mastermind bullshit? That's lamer than the latest Project Veritas "reveal."

Voting yes on letting Fancy Pelosi to stay. Gotta do something interesting to deserve a ban.

[EDIT: obviously the poster is not posting in good faith and should go, but a ban for an obvious troll account is an achievement award and I'm not sure that's been earned.]

Epinephrine fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 24, 2021

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
The unsaid part about fancy pelosi is they're doing a 1:1 bit of another poster who's been posting here for years doing the exact same bit. I

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

CommieGIR posted:

Shockingly, we don't probate fairly innocent trolling

What makes trolling "innocent"? Is it because they were trolling the right people?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Epinephrine posted:

Wait, so an obvious troll came in, was instantly called out as a troll, kept posting and was ignored because everyone knew it was a troll, then claimed some mastermind bullshit? That's lamer than the latest Project Veritas "reveal."

Voting yes on letting Fancy Pelosi to stay. Gotta do something interesting to deserve a ban.

I don't think he was called out instantly, but his first few posts were very obvious trolling so I just ignored him. His posts then kind of mellowed out to background white noise so I stopped worrying about it.

It's nice he outed himself as a troll, but I don't really get what he was supposed to have accomplished. People say they want to be judged by their posts alone, not by their post history or username, and that's exactly what happened.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Booourns posted:

What makes trolling "innocent"? Is it because they were trolling the right people?

No, more they were not toxic as hell.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Deteriorata posted:

It's nice he outed himself as a troll, but I don't really get what he was supposed to have accomplished. People say they want to be judged by their posts alone, not by their post history or username, and that's exactly what happened.

They've outed USpol as liberals and the true opinion of posting enemies or something.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I've had Fancy Pelosi on ignore since their debut, so maybe I missed something, but what did they post that they thought was so beyond the pale that no reasonable community would accept it?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
poo poo stirring is a proud good tradition, leave them alone.

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

I don't think he was called out instantly, but his first few posts were very obvious trolling so I just ignored him. His posts then kind of mellowed out to background white noise so I stopped worrying about it.

It was pretty fast. Called out by Acebuckeye13 less than 40 minutes after their first post:

Acebuckeye13 posted:

"Fancy Pelosi", the account registered less than 24 hours ago, is very clearly trolling and you should all be very disappointed in yourselves for wasting time in replying to them.
Didn't even make one page before getting called out.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
The word "Pelosi" is enough to get 2 pages of angry posting on it's own.

Tip to future trolls: If you give yourself an avatar you'll do even better. Accounts with political names and no av are much too obvious.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

Pagesnipe cat tax:

Guess I don't see the point, without banning the other obvious trolls and shitposters. Why have one rule for Fancy Pelosi and different rules for the rest?

Sir John Falstaff fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 24, 2021

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Fancy Pelosi was dumb noise and there's enough of that in this thread. If they admit they were a troll and want to now start posting for real, sure, let them. But if they just want to keep doing their dumb gimmick why would we bother letting them back in?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
If a poster is egregiously dumb or annoying then just put them on ignore. I use the function liberally, and it improves my life in small but measurable material ways to not have to read tired baby boomer concern trolling or proud tankie ignorance day to day.

I didn't even have Fancy Pelosi on ignore, I just skipped their posts. Transparent trolling and not even particularly good at it. C+ effort.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

It’s great that everyone in this thread wants to pat themselves on the back for recognizing that Fancy was a troll yet wasn’t harmful because they were indistinguishable from a typical liberal poster.

however

https://twitter.com/FaceTheNation/status/1452303393444204552?s=20

This poo poo is infuriating. Once again the Dems are throwing table scraps at the public and telling them it’s a gourmet meal. At the same time they are fighting tooth and nail to repeal the cap SALT deductions in at all cost.

This kind of talk from the dems and liberals should be called what it is: abusive.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
They should be threadbanned.

Not for the bit, for breaking character to say it's a bit. You never break character.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
https://twitter.com/jbarab/status/1452317392529461257?s=21
I think Florida is trying to get out of the US before Texas

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

a.lo posted:

Another example of “are we a nation of laws or not?”

Because if not, anyone arguing against Biden to do everything necessary to help the citizens of the US is enabling the right to continue to march towards fascism.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Hellblazer187 posted:

Fancy Pelosi was dumb noise and there's enough of that in this thread. If they admit they were a troll and want to now start posting for real, sure, let them. But if they just want to keep doing their dumb gimmick why would we bother letting them back in?

I agree with this. If they want to post better for real, sure, let them stay, but deliberate bad-faith posting to rile people up is neither productive nor healthy for the thread.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

a.lo posted:

I don't think you can do that? Not to say that it would stop them...

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
there's a poll to see if a person who does not participate in good faith should stay or not.
i got a six hour probe for being sarcastic.
isn't this the same type of mod behavior twitter and facebook uses? known trolls and actively abusive people get odd cut outs because they drive traffic
i guess i just don't understand how any of this makes sense

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Pagesnipe cat tax:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561?t=ucwpkLfOcDfIb7OCp41Yrw&s=19

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

But more seriously you've given people ramping probes for having the wrong political opinions so it's extremely funny and pathetic that you've let someone get away with rampant trolling for over a month because they express the correct ones, and are now polling the thread for what to do about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Terminal autist posted:

The unsaid part about fancy pelosi is they're doing a 1:1 bit of another poster who's been posting here for years doing the exact same bit. I

Don’t doxx me bro