Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Infinitum posted:

Round up!

Worth Your Time
Damnation: The Gothic Game - Going for a Darkest Dungeon aesthetic. Hunt and be hunted! If you die come back as a ghost and beat up other players with Dracula. Dope AF artwork, potential sleeper pick of this week.

drat(ation). That's twice I've looked at this game thinking it looked right up my alley and then immediately closed the browser again when I saw, near the top of the page, that it's a PVP game that somehow, some way uses roll-to-move in TYOOL 2021. Yes, it's a reimp of a game that's 30 years old, but can't we figure out a better mechanic than that, especially when, based on the sample cards, movement and positioning are apparently somewhat foundational to killing one another in this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

I don't really understand why Marvel Dicethrone is a kickstarter when they were never gonna have trouble getting sales + there's absolutely no worthwhile kickstarter benefits for people who contribute, besides I guess a small discount and early shipping? It looks like it was just a way to easily count preorders.

The absolutely worthwhile Kickstarter benefit is having it all in a single nice box that won't be at retail. I've got the ones from the other seasons. They're very nice, this one is gonna be nicer.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

6 hour warning on :siren: Verdant :siren:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/flatoutgames/verdant/description

17 hour warning on :siren: Beast :siren:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/327718895/beast-4

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Agrias120 posted:

I want to be in for Marvel Dice Throne, since I love normal DT, but the characters just aren’t exciting to me. I think I have MCU fatigue at this point, where every tie-in or cross promotion trots out the same MCU headliners each time (but this time at least they are using Miles Morales).

There's a strong suspicion that Marvel are using Spider-Man: No Way Home to bring Miles into the MCU through the back door with the intent of him replacing Peter Parker once Tom Holland wants to move on. And this may be Holland's last solo movie as Spidey - Marvel normally contract people for seven, and he's done six.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
I posted this in the Blades in the Dark thread but I figure I should post it here too in case anyone else is interested:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/banditcamp/relic

a new fantasy RPG made by the guys who did Wicked Ones. In my opinion the changes Wicked Ones made to FiTD games were fantastic, and Relic is supposedly being based off that work, but going to be different enough that it's dropping the "Forged in the Dark" sticker.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Monster Care Squad keys should be out for anyone getting a PDF

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

It's so PRETTY!

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I love it and I'm so excited to read more of it, just read a few pages so far.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I ended up not running Wicked Ones, but I'm excited for anything from Bandit Camp at this point.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
nvm

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Round up!

Warfighter: WWII North Africa and Mediterranean - Apparently it's an entires series of bland as poo poo card games. Good job.

I like DVG and Warfighter, but this one is ridiculous. They took what should realistically be one theater of WWII and split it into 2 core boxes (the core boxes usually go for 50-60 MSRP) but they still have 18 expansions (usually 17.99 MSRP, but the bigger ones go for 30) to go with it. I have Warfighter WWII and thankfully I got Pacific theater core game on sale for next to nothing. Both games are largely the same, mostly just a new coat of paint to match the theater. I suspect that both core boxes (in this kickstarter) are largely the same, just different artwork/photos on the cards for the region. Happy to see that the kickstarter hit it's goal on the first day, and then dropped to almost nothing the next few days.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I'm going through a bunch of kickstarters that I bought into the pledge manager on and deciding whether which ones are worth backing.

Did anything ever come out about The Witcher that made it seem actually decent or is the consensus that it will likely be a very mediocre and expensive game?

Also, is Too Many Bones really that good? I have heard rave reviews of it but it seems pretty pricey even for just the base game.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Lawlicaust posted:

Also, is Too Many Bones really that good? I have heard rave reviews of it but it seems pretty pricey even for just the base game.

For a $60 game with normal cards and components it would be novel and a solid recommendation for most groups that like adventure/rpg stuff. For the hundreds of dollars they ask for questionable component upgrades, absolutely not. You're absolutely buying into the spectacle of the whole thing but underneath is just an ok game.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Yeah TMB is just good, nothing more - certainly not exceptional unfortunately. The biggest problem imo is that the game doesn't reward you much for buying the unique skills for the characters or experimenting with builds, and gives you limited ability to use the characters special abilities that you do buy. That plus it scales oddly at various player counts, and a lot of fights can play out quite similarly due in part to the small combat area meaning that there isn't a lot of opportunity to tactically position.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Lawlicaust posted:

I'm going through a bunch of kickstarters that I bought into the pledge manager on and deciding whether which ones are worth backing.

Did anything ever come out about The Witcher that made it seem actually decent or is the consensus that it will likely be a very mediocre and expensive game?

You can try it out on TTS. I'd absolutely recommend personal experience before putting down TMB money. For my part I think it is excellent and easily worth the cash, but then price isn't *that* much of an object for me. So many of the games in the boardgaming space I most enjoy (this sort of coop pseudo-RPG experience) are similarly expensive, but they allocate their production budget to crap I don't care about and actively makes my life worse (i.e. piles of minis) where Chip Theory's overproduction actually makes it easier and more pleasurable to play and store.

tesseract
Aug 28, 2004

[...]

tesseract fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 10, 2023

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Chai Tea For 2 has finally launched their pledge manager almost 2 months late, and I'm just... disinterested in it now, and I'm not sure just how much of a red flag the delay in the PM going live actually is, but it's still a red flag... so yeah nah.

Blood on the Clock Tower was promising a November 2021 delivery date aaaaaaaannnnd has now shifted to 'at least February 2022'.
For anyone who hasn't preordered it yet, such as myself, :siren: they are raising the preorder price to $135 USD shortly (A $40 increase) :siren: primarily due to rising costs re:pandemic + the fact the KS finished over 2 loving years ago
Approaching nearly 3 years for fulfilment is quite the feat!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Infinitum posted:

Chai Tea For 2 has finally launched their pledge manager almost 2 months late, and I'm just... disinterested in it now, and I'm not sure just how much of a red flag the delay in the PM going live actually is, but it's still a red flag... so yeah nah.

Gambling 20 bucks for two dice trays, but passing on the game because of all the delays and lack of communication. If the game actually shows up and is something I will pick up a copy at retail.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

I can't get over Blood on the Clocktower being so delayed. I saw a comment from last month where someone asked how many units Panda were cranking off their assembly lines. The publisher said they'd try to find out.

6 weeks later and it turns out the answer was "Zero"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I will pick up a copy at retail.

This is pretty much where I'm at. Looks great.. but.. gently caress man.. I'm not one of those BACKERS ARE YOUR INVESTORS YOU ANSWER TO US RAH RAH RAH type nuts, but holy poo poo you need to communicate better with your backers. The PM was announced to go live nearly 2 months ago and then it has been radio silence.

CaptainApathyUK posted:

I can't get over Blood on the Clocktower being so delayed. I saw a comment from last month where someone asked how many units Panda were cranking off their assembly lines. The publisher said they'd try to find out.

6 weeks later and it turns out the answer was "Zero"

Allegedly 100% of the game has been sent to China for manufacturing, so now none of the delays are from the BotCT crew.

'Maybe Feb 2022' is such a weird way to phrase 'Chinese New Year happems in Feb so there will 100% be another delay'

Such a great game as well. I've play tested it several times, played with a mates PNP version they made themselves,.and had several games online during lockdown.

Weird weird weird

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

It's very weird because while they're saying Panda have it now, they've also said they had to make a load of prepress amendments after the last time they said they'd sent it, because they'd made a bunch of errors.

"There's a global pandemic and shipping crisis on" while true, is doing a fuckload of heavy lifting in these updates and comments. It's almost like they assume their backers aren't backing anything else and aren't still seeing stuff being manufactured and shipped successfully, if slightly slower than normal.

I've not even backed it. I'm just fascinated by how poorly its going. I think you're absolutely right that when February rolls around it'll be "Ooops, turns out China shuts down for New Year! Who knew!?"

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Infinitum posted:

'Maybe Feb 2022' is such a weird way to phrase 'Chinese New Year happems in Feb so there will 100% be another delay'

What they're saying is that they're hoping to get it out of the factory before CNY but it's likely to not meet that deadline. They should be saying this outright so people know, though.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Final 24 for Night At The Tavern. We added a whole third pamphlet called DRAXXUS'S FORTRESS OF GEHENNA, which will be a double sided 11x17 trifold dungeon where one side is the physical space and the other side is a sort of dreamrealm dungeon, illustrated by JN Butler (10 MILLION HP PLANET) and January Martin (Monster Care Squad, No Way To Make A Living), largely as a way to help January pay for repairs to her well, she's been without clean water for weeks now. Get it in the addons!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandypuggames/a-night-at-the-tavern

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Blood on the Clocktower posted:

As such, if the timeline holds, freight will begin in mid-February and then shipping would begin in March or April.

So not before summer. If I get my hands on this, I'll forgive them, as playing with a PnP copy was one of the better board game experiences I've had, but man, the company Blood on the Clocktower keeps as it gets further and further from the initial kickstarter is increasingly the company of failed kickstarters.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I have a project launching this month and would love some feedback.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rollthedicegames/the-dungeon-master-deck?ref=4hrilr&token=a86e2ff7

It's a deck of random generation tools, story cube icons, and modifiers for DMs to create every element of an RPG session or campaign. It's useful for planning or for on the fly use during play. For the KS page, I'm still working on the video and a few other elements, but let me know if anything else sticks out or is missing.

also, if you'd like to give it a follow just to help, here's the notification link

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rollthedicegames/the-dungeon-master-deck

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 1, 2021

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Too many bones looks interesting like similar to one deck dungeon or something but wtf at these pricings....seems overly expensive

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Too many bones looks interesting like similar to one deck dungeon or something but wtf at these pricings....seems overly expensive

you can play TMB underwater though

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I think you should give some examples so people get an idea of what the expected output is. Like you say, "Hey do you need a villain?" but don't give an example of what that villain looks like in the end. It can also demonstrate the modularity of it all, by adding on various cards/whatever and seeing what results.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GrandpaPants posted:

I think you should give some examples so people get an idea of what the expected output is. Like you say, "Hey do you need a villain?" but don't give an example of what that villain looks like in the end. It can also demonstrate the modularity of it all, by adding on various cards/whatever and seeing what results.

To expand on this, here is an example of something adjacent to what you are doing that provided those examples, in case you haven't seen it before:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rockpapercynic/the-story-engine-deck-of-worlds

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

It's premium grade customized poker chips for all the PCs and enemies (and a bunch of other stuff), neoprene mats for the character sheets, battle map etc, twenty custom dice per character plus another few dozen for general gameplay purposes, and super durable plastic cards for all the cards. All of those things are expensive to make. Unlike minis, they actually make the game feel really good, and some of them are integral to the play experience (the custom dice, mainly, but one could argue that the character mats w/ dice slots are fairly necessary to the design as well).

Like I say, it's certainly expensive, but you can easily pay these kinds of prices or higher for a lot of other big adventure/RPG-type coops and personally I think you get a better deal with TMB. Like, you might not pay as much per character in something like Sword & Sorcery or Chronicles of Drunagor, but those characters play much more similarly to one another than TMB characters do. And overall replayability suffers in comparison. But hey. There's Tabletop Simulator modules. (And CTG are aware and okay with that.) Check it out for yourself and decide if it's a game that justifies that kind of money to you. It's absolutely not everyone's cup of tea, and obviously not everyone that does enjoy it is prepared to pay the asking price. Just keep in mind the physical play experience is nicer than TTS, where chips are pretty fiddly and the physics get a bit weird.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

Yep that's what I'm working on for the video and graphics still. I started a tiktok doing exactly that and people have been eating it up and asking where they can buy it, when the KS is, etc.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Final 24 for Night At The Tavern. We added a whole third pamphlet called DRAXXUS'S FORTRESS OF GEHENNA, which will be a double sided 11x17 trifold dungeon where one side is the physical space and the other side is a sort of dreamrealm dungeon, illustrated by JN Butler (10 MILLION HP PLANET) and January Martin (Monster Care Squad, No Way To Make A Living), largely as a way to help January pay for repairs to her well, she's been without clean water for weeks now. Get it in the addons!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandypuggames/a-night-at-the-tavern

I'll be waiting for this to pop up on Exalted Funeral or the like to get it shipped to Canada, I hope you send some copies of DRAXXUS'S FORTRESS OF GEHENNA their way too. Good luck!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nothing super amazing this week. Think there's more poo poo launching tonight? I'll update then.

Worth A Look
Totems and Taboos - Create a religion and build a tower! Very colourful blocks, but that might be all there is to it.

Blandish
Karigar-e-Taj | Artisans of the Taj Mahal - Build the Taj Mahal. Look ssupppppper dry. Cheap buy in, but a couple of small things like "Custom engraved wood trays" is pinging me as red flags.
The Battle for Thors Cliff - Tactical DOAM grid battler. Meh. Find the mini in the middle of an orgasm.

Just poo poo
POWER62®DELTA - Aims to answer the question nobody asked "What if Chess, but 100 times shittier?". Powerthirst was all I could think of while reading it
Snake - The Board Game - It's exactly what you think it is.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim The Adventure Game - See below!

Not Launched Yet
Monsterpocalypse - Kaiju On A Map. Bunch of minis.
Shablam - You are a drag queen in a lip sync battle.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Nov 2, 2021

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: 66hr warning on 'Psychic Pizza Deliverers Go to the Ghost Town' :siren:

Goons recommended as a hidden gem!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Infinitum posted:

Worth A Look
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim The Adventure Game - Looks semi-interesting, but I'm sure there's better things on the market that does the same. All in plege is £220 and of course there are a bajillion minis at the higher tiers

Had a bit of a look and

quote:

C'mon Modipius, you are the only company who sells crappy miniatures in the base game to make people buy the miniature expansion. The game is already pricey as is, you can at least give us some decent minis in the base box. I hope the map is cardboard and not paper like Fallout.

quote:

Very disappointing that the miniatures are not new and are the same as the ones created for another game

:yikeseroo:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have adjusted Elder Scrolls spot in the list :v:

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

I wanted to back this, but the communication from BoardgameTables.com on their previous Kickstarter; Factory Runner, was so lovely that I won't support them anymore.
Months without an update, some super snarky replies when people complained. At some point a backer met them at a convention and started putting updates from them in the comments, since they wouldn't do it themselves.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
spokky space game funded in 0.15 second

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gerdling/mothership-sci-fi-horror-rpg-1st-edition-boxed-set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Holy poo poo, $111k / 20k instantaneously.