Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
-story spans 7000 years
-fight cool dinosaurs
-kingo
-superheroes make gently caress
-better than cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

uber_stoat posted:

-better than cats

you take that back

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i just want the phastos/hiroshima scene to leak already what is the god drat hold up!!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

ok cool that's what I'm looking for. just realism on how things work and how politicians actually feel

early seasons are good

the last season has a bit where america accidentally kills an innocent with a drone strike and the president has to hide because they're going to be prosecuted for warcrimes by an international tribunal

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Jokes aside Disney could very easily make it happen. The Mouse is one of the largest producers in Bollywood.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
whats more kingy than king?

kingo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the funniest joke of Veep isn’t when Jonah said “how’m I doin? Eating so much pussy I’m shittin clits, son” but the line immediately following it

also FDOTUS always makes me laugh. also any scene with Richard Splett

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Judakel posted:

south korea is so intensely hypercapitalist that they're just ahead of the curve of packaging anticapitalism and selling it

Yep. Kdramas show things like union negotiations and strikes. The protagonist is always some PMC wannabe tho.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXed5Inp844

disney made a character a bollywood star and they don't even dance in the bollywood segment

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It was very brave of them to put a south asian man in a bollywood role.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Still laughing at the thought of Shah Rukh Khan in the MCU.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

no your not. this is a fib. your fibbing

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

josh04 posted:

regret to inform you all that armando iannucci came down with a terrible case of corbyn-brain and lost the ability to make good satire

The Death of Stalin was funny, even if it is a work of anti- communist propaganda. Jason Isaacs as Zukov is one of the greatest things ever put to film

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKX5x3KZXfY

Look at this guy, tell me you wouldn't want him in the MCU. He's the only guy dancing on the train without any supports weighing him down.

Also the film is pro Indian government propaganda.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Wow citizens of a state want it to exist.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/Variety/status/1455580197906878465

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAM_fhwv3gU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ah, Nolan has really solidified into his "old man who is weirdly obsessed with WW2 poo poo" phase

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

KomradeX posted:

The Death of Stalin was funny, even if it is a work of anti- communist propaganda. Jason Isaacs as Zukov is one of the greatest things ever put to film

The adventures of the Chad Zhukov was really amazing in the film like the character opening scene.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/brat_skoff/status/1455607748272406528

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

I am become death, deployer of quips

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

*in a big exaggerated Schwarzenegger voice* I am luuking for Shah Rukh Khan urrrr

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

uber_stoat posted:

-story spans 7000 years
-fight cool dinosaurs
-kingo
-superheroes make gently caress
-better than cats

cats is at least an original form of media marvel eternals is like the pure absence of originality

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

Tankbuster posted:

I am become death, deployer of quips

Even without your participation all the warriors standing arrayed in the opposing armies shall be 0wned.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
* opening shot of a painstakingly detailed recreation of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki detonations *

* record scratch *

Voiceover:

RDJ: "Sooo ... THAT happened."

Matt Damon: "You might say I scienced the poo poo outta things."

RDJ: "Wait, hold on. Let's rewind here, m'kay?"

* Nolan spends the next 2 hours showing everything leading up to the bombings, from the creation of the Manhattan Project onward, in reverse order, chopped up among three simultaneously converging & diverging timelines *

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

lmao at how bad this action is

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
is the new james bond good? it seems pretty bad and lib

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
It's about a dying and decaying empire

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

indigi posted:

Altered Carbon was awesome, everything was stupid on 11 and the action was fun and you got to see Marc Antony’s dick again which I always appreciate. Poe was good and the part where the Mexican Granny got sleeved into a neonazi was adorable

e: Maniac was probably “better” but I remember so much more from Altered Carbon. second season sucked really really bad though I never even finished it
altered carbon is a fantastic late-night drunk/stoned show, just perfect vibes and really loving good sets and lighting. it poo poo itself as it got closer to the end but the first 5 eps or so were very enjoyable and it's up there with 2049 as some great scifi cinematographic slow-burning media.

really too bad about s2 though, holy god what a lovely season. i would have preferred netflix just did the cancel-after-s1 thing because it was just awful.

indigi posted:

one of the problems with the second season of Altered Carbon is that it wasn’t sexy enough. I don’t mean having sex scenes or romance I mean like dudes and ladies in the background of scenes with their gennies out like it’s nbd, super sexy outfits, showing off muscles and skin, just horny ambiance. helps keep you interested between absurd exposition and overwrought emotional scenes
also yeah i can get that, there was certainly a problem. but s2 also just felt ungodly angry, awkward, and sterile, and just straight up lazy. also felt a lot cheaper and poorly editted with lazy Vancouver Scifi work. i like mackie but i thought he did a pretty bad job as kovacs and lacked a lot of the charm of kinneman with mostly just angry face whereas the kinneman kovac had a lot of humanity and charm to it even though he was supposed to be the more stoic-standoff-who-warms-up model. like it was just not enjoyable to watch at all.

rip poe.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

The United States posted:

i guess thjat's cool. more death to the UK (and US) imo

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

The United States posted:

that's what every James Bond movie is about. He works for them

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i do really really like ana de armas though, she owns and i hope she keeps getting $$$$. if i watch it it'll mostly be because shes in it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5193oYdpk8

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

its one of the worst written shows ever produced

hahaha father, another one of your hilarious jokes! now go fight the space snake mother gave birth to.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Doctor Jeep posted:

hahaha father, another one of your hilarious jokes! now go fight the space snake mother gave birth to.

I liked all the all Dark Souls extras.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckin hell

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Yadoppsi posted:

Where are the hot Dune takes at? Im craving that discourse.

Get em while they're fresh! Here's CD's, where you can witness all kinds of wonderful stuff, my favourite being the unhinged attacks on people who enjoyed it but not enough

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3911600

Here's the gbs, I haven't got around to reading it myself but I'd be surprised if it wasn't wack as hell

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3843104

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The GBS thread did have one guy who complained it wasn't formulaic enough in his experience as a scriptwriter (had several rejected scripts for american dad)

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Ah, Nolan has really solidified into his "old man who is weirdly obsessed with WW2 poo poo" phase

cannot think of Nolan anymore without thinking “the virgin Nolan vs the chad James Cameron”.

give us avatar 2 through infinity already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Casey Finnigan posted:

that's what every James Bond movie is about. He works for them
Skyfall: clearly the women in charge are incompetent failures, time to put the men in charge

Spectre: nope that won't fix it either, maybe the best thing to do would be to just quit doing things and maybe we can be saved?

NTTD: it's terminal, brexit didn't save us, america can't help, time to commit national suicide