Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Cranappleberry posted:

It's more that the media gives an incomplete account. Much of the video, images amd explanation given by major media orgs or individual pundits lacks full context. The prosecution at also leaves out a lot (partially due to the judge not allowing things).

Also a good idea to read Wisconsin law on self-defense and it's limitations.

I believe that Rittenhouse is morally, factually and legally guilty but will be acquitted because of poor prosecution and the judge.
rrrrriiiiight.
how so? what's the proper context? can you give an example?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
On the Rittenhouse trial, there's a good episode of open args podcast where they look into the instructions and judge & prosecutor. IIRC basically the judge is a typical old white guy judge and not like a trumper and the instructions were pretty standard.

https://openargs.com/oa538-the-rittenhouse-trial-instructions-explained/

Oracle posted:

They need to stop using Celsius, no one in America who doesn't have a science degree knows from Celsius and they just go 'oh, 3-4 degree increase isn't bad, more warm summers for me!' because we all think in Fahrenheit.

STOP USING CELSIUS YOU loving EGGHEADS NOONE GETS IT BUT YOU
Well if you play it backwards, you see Rittenhouse cure the victims and help them get up

Oracle posted:

They need to stop using Celsius, no one in America who doesn't have a science degree knows from Celsius and they just go 'oh, 3-4 degree increase isn't bad, more warm summers for me!' because we all think in Fahrenheit.

I only understand celsius so I know exactly how much 3-4 degrees is. I think the problem is that people don't realize what this can cause i terms of extreme weather, drought, etc., not that they don't understand degrees. Like yeah +4 degrees on the hottest day of the summer would suck but people in other countries live with worse so what's the problem right?

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 11, 2021

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Watching the video compilation, Kyle gets chased through the parking lot after breaking away from everyone else walking on the sidewalk. He then has something thrown at him, but keeps running. Rittenhouse doesn’t turn around and shoot Rosenbaum until some third party fires a gun and Rosenbaum is within striking distance of Rittenhouse.

That being said, Rittenhouse testified that he knew Rosenbaum was unarmed, but self-defense claims don’t require the other party to be armed.

After that, Rittenhouse keeps running away and when asked if he just shot somebody, I think he says something along the lines of “I’m going to the police”. It’s after this that more people confront Rittenhouse as more people realized he’s the shooter, and he shoots two more people (one fatally) when they physically confront him.

Rittenhouse then continues down the road and tries surrendering to the police, but they drive right past him.

From watching these angles and only the moments of shooting/confrontation, and not the full two hours leading up to it, I think legally he is not guilty (unless the state wanted to show another reason self-defense doesn’t apply, but I don’t know what those requirements in WI would be and generally the prosecution hasn’t tried to do that, to my knowledge.)

Morally, he’s still a little poo poo that put himself in a situation that he had no place being and has multiple videos of wanting to confront and/or shoot protestors/rioters. From an ideal legal standpoint, you shouldn’t be able to act as a vigilante, walking around with a rifle to provoke opposition, but that’s not how self-defense is determined legally.

Best case scenario at this point is Rittenhouse has a lovely life and is quickly forgotten by the right. If he’s actually remorseful (yeah loving right), he’ll hope to move on with his life and not get involved with politics or future riots/whatever. I doubt he’s remorseful, though, and will happily ride the right wing grift gravy train as far as it will take him.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Is there a chance that this ends up like the OJ Simpson case, where a jury lets Rittenhouse walk, but he's subsequently bankrupted by civil suit?

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
he's still white

also lol if you think his fans won't pay for it for him even if it does happen

Benjamin Disraeli
Oct 19, 2005

Let's have some fun
This beat is sick
Let's play a Love game!

azflyboy posted:

Is there a chance that this ends up like the OJ Simpson case, where a jury lets Rittenhouse walk, but he's subsequently bankrupted by civil suit?

So he can just claim residence in Florida, like OJ and then never actually pay anything?

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

I'm worried a not guilty verdict would embolden similar behavior and other acts of right wing terrorism whenever any remotely left-leaning activities occur.

"Just run in fully armed and antagonize until you can argue you felt threatened, then murder them" could be the new right wing playbook.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

InsertPotPun posted:

rrrrriiiiight.
how so? what's the proper context? can you give an example?

Sure.

If you watched the trial or read a summary of it, you miss the video of Rittenhouse talking about people coming put of a CVS saying he wishes he had his AR-15. The video interviews he has where he talks about wanting to defend people's property. His obsession with being a cop. You miss the social media posts of the militia he showed up with where they talk up themselves up and fantasize about confrontation.

Many articles don't explain the limits of self-defense in Wisconsin (like the fact that committing a felony or even misdemeanor removes self-defense as an option unless one has surrendered and are being threatened with grievous bodily harm/death*). They don't explain that self-defense has to be proportional and what that means. Nor do they explain that duty to retreat isn't walking or running away then repositioning, it's leaving the situation altogether or that once someone aims a rifle at someone (which Rittenhouse did after Rosenbaum threw a plastic bag at him) they are threatening deadly force which means the people threatened, or the people near them, can respond to defend themselves.

* does not apply to cops

If you look at these articles and videos:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/us/kyle-rittenhouse-kenosha-shooting-video.html

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000007409660/kyle-rittenhouse-shooting-video-analysis.html

They explain and show some background and explain a bit of what happened. But compare it to watching the full video of the shootings or even the entire protest and they're facile by comparison. Add in the context of the statutes, of the crimes Rittenhouse was committing before and during the protest, what other people were doing and etc. Primary sources versus something filtered to give some bullet points and marketed for the most engagement.

Just like how actually watching the trial, or at least seeing detailed breakdowns, as well as knowing the context of the problematic justice system, will show that despite all the evidence being there, the dude is still probably going to get off.

Cranappleberry fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 11, 2021

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Can I just say that Jury Duty is (paided such tiny) bullshit.

no I'm not bitter at the check I got this week.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Nottherealaborn posted:

Best case scenario at this point is Rittenhouse has a lovely life and is quickly forgotten by the right. If he’s actually remorseful (yeah loving right), he’ll hope to move on with his life and not get involved with politics or future riots/whatever. I doubt he’s remorseful, though, and will happily ride the right wing grift gravy train as far as it will take him.

Even if we assume he's remorseful (which I don't), no one is going to hire him unless they're huge chuds and being cast into the national spotlight at 17 for murdering people is gonna gently caress him up immensely . Realistically his only options are to die from a drug overdose or to turn hard into the chud poo poo - either with a local chud employer or with the national chud circus.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Bedlam posted:

I'm worried a not guilty verdict would embolden similar behavior and other acts of right wing terrorism whenever any remotely left-leaning activities occur.

"Just run in fully armed and antagonize until you can argue you felt threatened, then murder them" could be the new right wing playbook.

I mean this strategy relies on your opposition being armed but cops get away with murder because they claim they believed their victims to be armed so I don't know. I think there are places in the US where a private citizen could get away with the "believed to be threatened" lie but who knows. I hope not.

Some small shred of hope in my breast wants to believe it isn't that easy despite the obvious and damning evidence to the contrary.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

can't claim self-defense if you are in the process of committing a crime in Wisconsin*:

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/939/iii/48

Also, its not a stand-your-ground state so if he could have kept going, he should have kept going. Also, he aimed at Rosenbaum after Rosenbaum threw the plastic bag which is threatening deadly force.

Now, case law matters a great deal, too, so it's not as cut and dry as I am making it seem. Plus then you have what the judge allows, what the prosecution chooses to use, the witnesses answering things in ways that hurt the case and etc. The devil is in the details.

*there is an exception to this but it doesn't necessarily apple

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

azflyboy posted:

He comes from a broken home. There isn't any money to collect.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
No, but every payday on the regressive media welfare circuit should be sucked dry.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, it would be good to get the inevitable gun auction windfall preemptively garnished

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i don't want to argue, i appreciate the effort, i just don't think you proved your case.
but, again, i do appreciate the actual answer, thank you.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Oracle posted:

Tactless Ogre posted:

Seriously.; yeah. Selling it in Celsius doesn't get through to those boneheads until you mention (Cx9/5)+32.
Lmao, on brand though. So if we're lucky maybe a total systemic collapse of global capitalism and civilization entering into a third dark age. If we're not so lucky: Buckwheats.

All because nerds never learned how to talk to girls. Reminds me of this...
https://twitter.com/xkcd_rss/status/1301966084086661120
Which is made even better by the follow up NYT article....

quote:

Nigel Goldenfeld, one of the physicists who was the butt of the comic strip, replied in good humor. “We enjoyed the joke,” he said. But, he noted, it was not a completely accurate portrayal of what happened.

For one, while he and a fellow physicist, Sergei Maslov, had devoted effort to an epidemiological model for all of Illinois, the more detailed university simulation, modeling the movements of some 46,000 students, professors and others like servers in coffee shops and bars who interact with students, was the effort of a larger group and led by Dr. Goldenfeld and Ahmed E. Elbanna, a professor of civil and environmental engineering. (It’s harder to make jokes about civil engineers.)

Second, they had indeed taken into account college partying and quite a bit of it — more than 7,000 students partying three times a week in their model.

What the scientists had not taken into account was that some students would continue partying after they received a positive test result. “It was willful noncompliance by a small group of people,” Dr. Goldenfeld said.

Those were the key ingredients for a few people infecting many others. “If you know you are positive,” Dr. Elbanna said, “and you go to a party, that’s not just a bad act. That’s very, very dangerous.”

Some of the students who tested positive even tried to circumvent the app so that they could enter buildings instead of staying isolated in their rooms, university administrators said in a letter to students.

Comprehensive testing of everyone on campus and prompt contact tracing showed the trouble spots — some fraternities and sororities, as well as some off-campus housing, that were throwing parties — as well as where the containment plans were working. There were few signs of the virus spreading in classrooms or from students to the people in the surrounding towns of Champaign and Urbana.
So the only thing worse than underestimating how stupid people are, is underestimating how destructively selfish they are.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Peter Daou Zen posted:

These people think Mayor Pete is somebody to aspire to. A dead eyed, career climbing psychopath who has no original thoughts or feelings of his own and just mimics president Obama. Is there anybody in the Democratic Party that has even a shred of personality?

Yeah but he’s already the President and very old.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The American judicial system is designed to make people like Kyle Rittenhouse walk free with a smile, while people like his victims end up dead, in prison for as much of their life as possible, and/or enslaved.

He's likely going to walk, and he is going to life the high life on wingnut welfare for the rest of his life, and probably run for office.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

He'll flame out, because even though he's a hate filled individual, he's dumb as poo poo and if he's a minor while getting his payouts, his parents will probably blow it all.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The DOJ is still continuing the seizure through eminent domain of land along the US/Mex border that was meant for Trump's border wall

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1458582074034692096?s=20

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Doctor Butts posted:

He'll flame out, because even though he's a hate filled individual, he's dumb as poo poo and if he's a minor while getting his payouts, his parents will probably blow it all.

speaking of, lowtax just died

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

A big flaming stink posted:

speaking of, lowtax just died

https://twitter.com/cpcolin/status/1458624171114582016?s=21

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Cranappleberry posted:

can't claim self-defense if you are in the process of committing a crime in Wisconsin*:

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/939/iii/48

Also, its not a stand-your-ground state so if he could have kept going, he should have kept going. Also, he aimed at Rosenbaum after Rosenbaum threw the plastic bag which is threatening deadly force.

Now, case law matters a great deal, too, so it's not as cut and dry as I am making it seem. Plus then you have what the judge allows, what the prosecution chooses to use, the witnesses answering things in ways that hurt the case and etc. The devil is in the details.

*there is an exception to this but it doesn't necessarily apple

Throwing a bag is deadly force?

The two things I don't understand are why wasn't Rittenhouse charge with something like manslaughter as opposed to murder in the first degree and why is the judge refusing to allow evidence such as his conduct after the shooting? To me, someone actions after this event are entirely relevant to the case at hand - his actions with White Supremacists to wearing a "Free as gently caress" t-shirt.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Kraftwerk posted:

This is a global problem.

I work in a role that has me managing basic raw chemical materials that go into everything from household cleaners, paints, plastics, packaging to pharma applications and in the last year due to supply shortages I have sold over 1500 Metric tons less material than 2022 but I made 3.5 million dollars more than last year in margin.
So I'm selling less product for exponentially more money per unit to a gigantic payout for my company of which I will see maybe $5000 in bonuses for despite being stressed out and overworked trying to keep up with this demand.

You want to know where the inflation is, it starts there. Then for every less unit of product my customers get, which they pay incrementally more for, they then increase their own unit costs and it cascades exponentially until it reaches your shopping cart. This has nothing to do with printing money and government policy and everything to do with COVID shocking the JIT business model and overloading the logistics system. People are stressed and overworked. They're less willing to put up with bullshit so they're quitting their jobs or refusing to do them which in turn further makes the situation worse. Yet no one wants to pay more due to even greater fears of inflation.

For my industry I'm still dealing with the consequences of the freezing weather in Houston back in Feb 2021 which we're still reeling from. Everyone is back online now but there's so many back orders and pent up demand that chemical factories are working full time and unable to meet demand. Then there was hurricane Ida which made things lovely again. Pandemic demand for Chinese goods has caused Amazon, Wal-Mart and other major companies to monopolize global freight logistics which also has ripple effects. Meanwhile the semiconductor market is locked down by big players like Apple who pre-purchased production capacity from TSMC years in advance.

You've got some big players who've secured all their demand while the rest of us are in what amounts to a permanent ongoing auction for cargo space and limited products.

The government isn't fixing this unless they launch a giant public works program where they start building nationally owned chemical plants, port expansion projects and wage subsidy programs for truckers and others. They have to step in and make investments that the private sector is too cowardly to invest in despite sitting on gigantic piles of cash that theyd rather invest in the stock market and shareholders than in their plants and employees.

Like seriously most major private sector companies are very flush with cash. They just aren't spending any of it and choosing to wait all this out hoping that we private citizens will run out of money first and go back to begging for our jobs.

Even a public works program like this won't solve things because as those workers jump in for huge salaries to help rebuild the economy and expand logistics, you still have a short-run supply problem and those extra dollars will start chasing increasingly scarcer goods. I can imagine your average construction worker landing an 80k/yr job helping expand the port of los angeles would immediately turn around and buy a fully loaded car brand new for 72 months financing and then prices start skyrocketing again.

We need a National Port Authority patterned after Georgia Ports Authority.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Throwing a bag is deadly force?

The two things I don't understand are why wasn't Rittenhouse charge with something like manslaughter as opposed to murder in the first degree and why is the judge refusing to allow evidence such as his conduct after the shooting? To me, someone actions after this event are entirely relevant to the case at hand - his actions with White Supremacists to wearing a "Free as gently caress" t-shirt.

aiming the rifle is threatening deadly force and a disproportionate response to someone throwing a plastic bag

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

We need a National Port Authority patterned after Georgia Ports Authority.

There's a quote somewhere in the Libertarian thread about how public infrastructure is literally unthinkable to most Americans. Lemme find it.

ed: Here we go.

BalloonFish posted:

Not exactly the same, but this reminded me of a guy I worked with. He wasn't a libertarian - in fact he had no avowed political positions or interests at all. But he was an excellent example of how growing up in our current society and education system removes your ability to see some things in the round...things like capitalism.

A discussion about austerity and its effects had cropped up, and then someone brought up the New Deal and how, after Hoover's laissez-faire approach, FDR just threw money at people, created jobs to build infrastructure and set up both the USA as the arsenal of WW2 and the conditions for the mythologised golden age in the 50s etc. etc.

:v: "But they weren't real jobs, were they?" he replied.

:eng101:"What do you mean?"

:v:"Like, if Roosevelt just paid people to build an airport, it's sort of fake, isn't it?"

:eng101:"How so? It was a real airport. There were hundreds of them. They're still there."

:v:"But it's not like anyone wanted an airport. Or there'd have been one there already, or at least a company trying to build one."

:eng101:"The point was that private companies couldn't afford to build infrastructure but there was a massive demand for it. So FDR had the government pay for it to give people jobs and the US as a whole got the benefit of more people with money to spend and a load of new infrastructure which itself helped the economy grow."

:v:"It just seems phony to me - the government just going around creating jobs from thin air and building stuff. It's not real. When the economy grows it's because businesses do well, not because the government decided to randomly pay people to build stuff."

:eng101:"It wasn't random. Those big dams in the Rockies don't exist just so they could pay people to pour concrete. There was a demand for hydroelectric power and flood control, and there were loads of people looking for work, but no business had the money to spend, so the government paid."

:v:"It just doesn't seem right..."

As I said, he wasn't being (conciously) ideological or argumentative, he'd just never had to think about this stuff before and had been brought up to see any sort of government spending as 'not real'. If a private company pays people to build an airport to satisfy a demand, that's fine. But if the government builds it it's not genuine economic activity and the result is some sort of phoney Potemkin Airport that goes against the natural order because it wasn't willed into existence by private capital.

He just couldn't grasp the idea that all these roads, airports, dams, pipes, bridges, schools, houses, theatres, tunnels etc. that the PWA/CWA built were fulfilling an actual demand or need... because if they were they wouldn't need the government to build them. It gave me this image of FDR just throwing darts at a map and - bam - a couple of houses and a gas station next to a grain elevator in South Dakota are going to get a 3000-seat symphonic concert hall whether they need one or not.

It was like an instinctual version of the "The government can't just give people jobs..." argument you get from neolibs.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 11, 2021

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's a quote somewhere in the Libertarian thread about how public infrastructure is literally unthinkable to most Americans. Lemme find it.

That’s a reason to pattern on GPA.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Cranappleberry posted:

aiming the rifle is threatening deadly force and a disproportionate response to someone throwing a plastic bag

Gotcha,

I've only watch about 20 minutes of the case and I'm shocked it's turning into such a train wreck this quickly. Are we thinking he's going to be acquitted?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
So a memo justifying Trump's firing of Defense Secretary Esper dropped and....wow, its a read

https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/1458449906176245763?s=20

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

CommieGIR posted:

So a memo justifying Trump's firing of Defense Secretary Esper dropped and....wow, its a read

lol at the photo included at the top of the page

I would pay money to see Trump try to pick his cabinet out of a White Guy Lineup

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

CommieGIR posted:

drat, that guy sounds like a real sick gently caress.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

CommieGIR posted:

The typo of "start witness in the sham impeachment trial" in the official memo is very on brand.

Also, that crazy story from one of the security guards at the Travis Scott show that nobody thought could be true turned out to be... not true.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1458627717239386114

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

FlamingLiberal posted:

This isn’t good

https://twitter.com/morningbrew/status/1458505156576829442?s=21

I don’t know if China bailing them out or whatever will fix it

I feel like this is a Big Deal, didn't China already sink a bunch of gov't cheese trying to prop them up? I couldn't find a market reaction to this anywhere, but it's been a mess of a news day. And now Lowtax news will take over all the channels, side by side with the Rittenhouse trial!

And the other trial in GA isn't being televised because those klansmen are clearly guilty, and their judge isn't nuts. That doesn't make for good tv.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

VorpalBunny posted:

I feel like this is a Big Deal, didn't China already sink a bunch of gov't cheese trying to prop them up? I couldn't find a market reaction to this anywhere, but it's been a mess of a news day. And now Lowtax news will take over all the channels, side by side with the Rittenhouse trial!

And the other trial in GA isn't being televised because those klansmen are clearly guilty, and their judge isn't nuts. That doesn't make for good tv.

It's been on all week on HLN. Today HLN had the block set for the Ahmaud Arbery "Jogger Murder Trial", but covered rittenhouse all afternoon, I guess because he took the stand. Either way, as I said before I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about Arbery and are talking about Rittenhouse. Arbery was murdered by 3 guys, and they are claiming Citizens Arrest + Stand your ground AKA kill whomever you want.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Youth Decay posted:

The prosecutor also sucks, doesn't make Rittenhouse any less guilty but does make it easier for the judge/defense (who are essentially the same at this point) to muddy the waters.

Basically this. I'm so grateful that my state didn't have this lovely of a prosecution team during the trial against Chauvin. I feel like Binger was asking a number of questions to Rittenhouse on cross examination that he [Binger] didn't even know the answer to. Not to mention all of the issues that others ITT had brought up.

I feel like the ineptness of the prosecution team is going to be why Rittenhouse is found not guilty.....

Kalit fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 11, 2021

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Kalit posted:

Basically this. I'm so grateful that my state didn't have this lovely of a prosecution team during the trial against Chauvin. I feel like Binger was asking a number of questions to Rittenhouse on cross examination that he [Binger] didn't even know the answer to. Not to mention all of the issues that others ITT had brought up.

I feel like the ineptness of the prosecution team is going to be why Rittenhouse is found not guilty.....

The silver lining here is that more people will realize that the judicial system is a corrupt joke and they have no protection from an ever more imperial state and its capitalist keys to power.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Wild how the prosecution all turn into the Keystone Kops when the perp is someone cops and judges and DAs like: a rich celebrity and/or a murdering right-wing psycho

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Bel Shazar posted:

The silver lining here is that more people will realize that the judicial system is a corrupt joke and they have no protection from an ever more imperial state and its capitalist keys to power.

The problem is that we as a people have been reminded so very frequently that "X is broken bullshit and is awful at every level" that we've been burned out on it and have resigned ourselves to shrugging and going "What can you do?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carew
Jun 22, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

This isn’t good

https://twitter.com/morningbrew/status/1458505156576829442?s=21

I don’t know if China bailing them out or whatever will fix it

Seems there are conflicting reports on this:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-10/evergrande-said-to-pay-delayed-interest-on-at-least-two-bonds