Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

mbt posted:

should I be going law or chaos or neutral in smt 1 / 2 / 3 (eventually when i get there)

someone told me "go neutral for the canon ending" which spoiled me on that but refusing to pick a side seems like minmax bullshit. i'm pretty far into smt1 and might just ride out neutral for the reason above but for 2 i'm thinking law, based on what i see in 1

lol 1 has some fun bugs in it where for whatever reason, your alignment can swing into the opposite path and lock you in near the end of the game. sometimes it happens sometimes it doesnt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tomorrow's almost here.

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy
excited to try for a neutral route and then gently caress it up. one hour baby

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
Is HARD just for new game plus or viable first go through??

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm picking hard regardless.

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

I,m excited for tomorrow

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

got it downloding

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol I had to reschedule my trip to japan for the third time due to covid unsurprisingly so I am now off from yesterday til thanksgiving and am supremely excited to play this :D

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Sex Tragedy posted:

Is HARD just for new game plus or viable first go through??

hit up smt.fextralife.wikia.net and the reddit beforeiplay megathread for smt5 instead of asking these dipshits bro

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
ill play the game tomorrow when it comes in the mail

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

staying up late to watch the opening scenes to prime my mind for demons

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Merry SMTVsmas, imps.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm picking hard regardless.

I’m too scare

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I think I might pick hard as well

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

I’m too scare

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm playing it rn

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

should’ve taken today off :( i want jack frost back in my life

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'm downloading the True Demon DLC, then I'll play it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

Merry SMTVsmas, imps.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm playing it rn

and I am loving it!!

had to dl the japanese voices and restart though since I didn’t get to a save point yet though lol

Payment Day
May 12, 2018

by Hand Knit
Haven't played an rpg in a while so I got this one because it looks good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Payment Day posted:

Haven't played an rpg in a while so I got this one because it looks good

Cool. Enjoy

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Chilling on the intro world map for a while...who knows when I'll hear this song again.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Got the first boss to a sliver of health and got greedy and died lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

SMT2 is a lot different from SMT1 already, it's a lot more story driven lol. The demon dialogue is a lot more in depth which is great, these demons all feel unique now.

Is the "correct" dialogue consistent within a demon type? Like a pixie will always be more conducive to friendly vs threatening.

Is it based on law vs chaos vs neutral alignment of the demon? Does int help negotiating? Does more str make you more threatening?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mbt posted:

SMT2 is a lot different from SMT1 already, it's a lot more story driven lol. The demon dialogue is a lot more in depth which is great, these demons all feel unique now.

Is the "correct" dialogue consistent within a demon type? Like a pixie will always be more conducive to friendly vs threatening.

Is it based on law vs chaos vs neutral alignment of the demon? Does int help negotiating? Does more str make you more threatening?
It's mostly random

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mbt posted:

Yes

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I am so bad at demon negotation lol. I've been trying to convince this drat bird to join me for like 20 minutes now.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

hard is kicking my rear end

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I bought the digital version this morning but I guess I preordered the physical from amazon at some point in the last 5 years and forgot about .it because it just showed up.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I keep stalling to listen to the music. it's so loving good

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

aramasa is sick lol this game rules

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Frenz posted:

I bought the digital version this morning but I guess I preordered the physical from amazon at some point in the last 5 years and forgot about .it because it just showed up.

Congratulations on the free game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's almost time. Hours away from starting a new SMT. I cannot wait!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’ve got a big rear end deadline next week so I’m gonna work this weekend and hold off on buying this until I’m done. But I hope everyone enjoys themselves :)

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'm right outside Tokyo Tower which is like the first landmark you're supposed to go to and my playtime is already 4 hours of me running around and looking for Gustave's cronies and doing sidequests. Game is great so far.

Did an Abscess that was two Sudamas and my entire team, including MC, was weak to Force, so that was pretty scary. Now only 3/4 of my team is weak to force :eng99:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The demons look soooooooooo good in this

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I managed to kill it on my next turn after I accidently used medicine on my angel (now dead) instead of me (first boss spoilers if you care about that)

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Kongming posted:

I'm right outside Tokyo Tower which is like the first landmark you're supposed to go to and my playtime is already 4 hours of me running around and looking for Gustave's cronies and doing sidequests. Game is great so far.

Did an Abscess that was two Sudamas and my entire team, including MC, was weak to Force, so that was pretty scary. Now only 3/4 of my team is weak to force :eng99:

this but it was a single mermaid with like 500 hp or some poo poo that i ended up with just my mc and a mandrake left alive lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

a group of 6 mandrakes just completely wrecked my poo poo lol, god drat

didn't die but 2 demons down