Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Those statements have always kept the peace and absolutely help the person who says them, makes a difference in the injustice performed, and are very productive. They should keep making them and absolutely not stop it and try something different and maybe acknowledge that those in charge also see the problem.

There is a lot of space in-between Joe saying the system works and burn poo poo down. He could of said the system worked and we can't undo that work but it needs change but he sure didn't do that. Hell, telling people you're going to fix a problem seems like a great way to keep them from taking to the streets and you know, demanding you fix things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

If you think about it, Biden is the real victim here. Why did you sons of bitches elect him into what turned out to be the most powerless position in government? That's just cruel, picking on a elderly person.

The alternative was the end of democracy in the United States.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Sanguinia posted:

I love when the news thread is full of "THIS is the thing that made me/will make others decide not to vote for Dems," posts. Really productive use of page space.

Don't police people's reactions to bad things.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Goddamn, Biden just can't escape the 'What did you expect, the president can't say/do that' can he? Why doesn't he cancel student loans? Well, the president can't do that (actually he might, but his admin hasn't actually revealed if he can or not), and if you think about it, people getting their lives crippled by returning debt payments is a good thing, because DUH gently caress YOU!. Why doesn't he address the supply chain issue? Well, he can say stupid poo poo but apparently any and all aspect of what's currently going on is out of his and his admin's hands. Why the boilerplate non-substantial response to the acquittal? Well, he can't shake the boat, per say. The law is just, the law is fair, so sayeth old white man Biden.

If you think about it, Biden is the real victim here. Why did you sons of bitches elect him into what turned out to be the most powerless position in government? That's just cruel, picking on a elderly person.

I don’t disagree with you here but the supply chain crisis doesn’t have a quick fix and is also likely to resolve itself on its own in 6 months. The administration would have to nationalize a few key industries to do anything about it. Or go through an act of Congress to help build stuff that will not come online fast enough to make a meaningful political difference.

This is like blaming Jimmy Carter for stagflation and saying he was useless and ineffectual during that period.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Kraftwerk posted:

I don’t disagree with you here but the supply chain crisis doesn’t have a quick fix and is also likely to resolve itself on its own in 6 months. The administration would have to nationalize a few key industries to do anything about it. Or go through an act of Congress to help build stuff that will not come online fast enough to make a meaningful political difference.

This is like blaming Jimmy Carter for stagflation and saying he was useless and ineffectual during that period.

Could we get help from Canada and Mexico to help facilitate offloading and transport to the US? It'd probably give them some business too.

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe

How are u posted:

The alternative was the end of democracy in the United States.

Thankfully the Democrats won the house, the senate, and the presidency and immediately passed sweeping voter rights legislation into law. Crisis averted and it’s all thanks to the wonderful Democratic Party

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I hope this happens.

But not one. Many

The bar for fearing for one's life should be pretty low in this context

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Goddamn, Biden just can't escape the 'What did you expect, the president can't say/do that' can he? Why doesn't he cancel student loans? Well, the president can't do that (actually he might, but his admin hasn't actually revealed if he can or not), and if you think about it, people getting their lives crippled by returning debt payments is a good thing, because DUH gently caress YOU!. Why doesn't he address the supply chain issue? Well, he can say stupid poo poo but apparently any and all aspect of what's currently going on is out of his and his admin's hands. Why the boilerplate non-substantial response to the acquittal? Well, he can't shake the boat, per say. The law is just, the law is fair, so sayeth old white man Biden.

nice of you to slip in right wing talking points among the rest there

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Since discussing the reasoning behind the verdict is verboten I guess, my verdict-neutral take is that the prosecution tried some shameful bullshit. Whatever you feel about this specific case, implying that using your right not to talk to cops equates to guilt is terrible. Providing the defense with inferior versions of evidence you discovered after the trial started is terrible. They deserved to lose based on that alone.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Who doesn't acknowledge that the jury has spoken? I think the issue is that the entire concept of juries in America is ridiculous and if a judge can do all that poo poo, what is the point of a jury anyway?

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

DarkCrawler posted:

Who doesn't acknowledge that the jury has spoken? I think the issue is that the entire concept of juries in America is ridiculous and if a judge can do all that poo poo, what is the point of a jury anyway?

To maintain our oligarchy

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

Wait, what's the rwtp in that post? They were being sarcastic about crippling student debt, as I read it, as well as with most of the rhetoric.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress you, Biden. I only voted for you to get the other idiot out. Thanks for the reminder you're not much better.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

There's nothing inaccurate in that post, even if there are right wing talking points in it (which I'm not sure there are, what are you referring to)

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Framboise posted:

gently caress you, Biden. I only voted for you to get the other idiot out. Thanks for the reminder you're not much better.

Good on some stuff, pretty bad on other stuff. Once the BBBA passes (inshallah) then that plus the IIJA are some pretty mighty pieces of legislation that will materially benefit millions upon millions of Americans, and lay the groundwork to actually starting to seriously transition away from O&G energy.

Shades of grey, and all that.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I suppose "Joe Biden is a mush brained piece of poo poo" could be considered a right wing talking point. Unfortunately for us, it's also true.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Gatts posted:

Could we get help from Canada and Mexico to help facilitate offloading and transport to the US? It'd probably give them some business too.

How exactly? You still can’t find the trucks to move the traditional cross border traffic let alone overflow from American ports to Canadian ports which you then have to move intermodally back to America. That’s not a solution either. Those countries are equally dealing with their own logistics and supply chain issues.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Since discussing the reasoning behind the verdict is verboten I guess

It's not

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
joe biden promised that nothing would fundamentally change if he was president and he's clearly a man of his word

if you wanted a fairer justice system or less drilling permits or student loan forgiveness or taking a stand against the gop or something cool like those, you should have known joe wasn't the guy. no reason to get upset when he meets expectations

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Conspiracy theory: if the prosecutor had successfully obtained a conviction, his career would be over. No cop would ever testify for him and he'd be perceived as an enemy to whiteness I mean criminal justice.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Kraftwerk posted:

Genuine question/thought exercise, can the army Corp of engineers be utilized to serve as temporary dock workers/truckers? My brain immediately jumps to 'seaports would fall under national security + goods transported across state lines are a federal matter's but I'm stupid so Im probably assessing things based off of Law and Order.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Since discussing the reasoning behind the verdict is verboten I guess, my verdict-neutral take is that the prosecution tried some shameful bullshit. Whatever you feel about this specific case, implying that using your right not to talk to cops equates to guilt is terrible. Providing the defense with inferior versions of evidence you discovered after the trial started is terrible. They deserved to lose based on that alone.

Yea, I honestly still can’t figure out the prosecution’s strategy. I can only come up with 3 possibilities in my mind.

1) they knew they couldn’t win the case, so they were trying literally anything they possibly can. Even if it meant disobeying the judge’s orders to try to sneak information to the jury.

2) the prosecution were purposefully trying to gently caress up enough to get a mistrial [without prejudice] declared

3) the prosecution are just that incompetent when it comes to putting together a case and arguing it in a trial

I have no idea which it is. I’m kind of suspecting #1

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ragnar34 posted:

Conspiracy theory: if the prosecutor had successfully obtained a conviction, his career would be over. No cop would ever testify for him and he'd be perceived as an enemy to whiteness I mean criminal justice.

I think the simpler explanation was that the prosecutor was a loving idiot and was trying to win by making a grand moral statement instead of by saying "here is the very illegal poo poo that he did."

Granted, having the judge as part of the defense didn't help matters.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

You really, really need to explain what you mean here.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Genuine question/thought exercise, can the army Corp of engineers be utilized to serve as temporary dock workers/truckers? My brain immediately jumps to 'seaports would fall under national security + goods transported across state lines are a federal matter's but I'm stupid so Im probably assessing things based off of Law and Order.

Go read the supply chain thread.

The truckers at the Port of LA/LB are literally waiting in lines. There's a driver shortage but not there. The issue is that the ports are underbuilt and there is no space, and that will take years to address if we started today and we aren't.

Of course, Biden could take the $10 billion "tip" that congress gave the defense budget and make a huge jump at it but LOL why take an easy win that helps everyone?

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

There it is.

Nothing will change because those in power benefit from an illegitimate court system.

I know in the past I was given a stern talking to and eyes rolled when I said people should start accepting that the courts are not legitimate and should be ignored by Dems, however the evidence is plain as day (this new ruling isn’t even anything new) and to consider the courts as valid in the US is the bury your head in the sand.

Abolish the police
Abolish the courts

virtualboyCOLOR fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 20, 2021

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Nucleic Acids posted:

You really, really need to explain what you mean here.

Right wing media and social media is filled with posts blaming Biden for global supply chain issues and saying it’s intentional for all the usual conspiracy reasons.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Abolish the police
Abolish the courts

Think bigger, comrade

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

the_steve posted:

I think the simpler explanation was that the prosecutor was a loving idiot and was trying to win by making a grand moral statement instead of by saying "here is the very illegal poo poo that he did."

Granted, having the judge as part of the defense didn't help matters.

Conspiracy theory: they intentionally picked the idiot.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Bel Shazar posted:

Think bigger, comrade

Abolish the United States :getin:

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Bottom Liner posted:

Right wing media and social media is filled with posts blaming Biden for global supply chain issues and saying it’s intentional for all the usual conspiracy reasons.

It's not directly his fault in any way, but there are also things he could do to make it better, but he will probably not do any of them.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
My impressions from what I've read and heard about the supply chain issue seems to ultimately boil down to: there's a global pandemic unprecedented in the era of global logistics.

I don't think it's quite fair to blame the President for being unable to unilaterally end an unprecedented global pandemic, but I do recognize that Presidents take the blame for just about everything regardless so there you are.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I get abolish the police but I'm not sure what the alternative to the court system is.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 20, 2021

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Jaxyon posted:

It's not directly his fault in any way, but there are also things he could do to make it better, but he will probably not do any of them.

He chose to make it his fault when he asked millions of americans to vote for him to be responsible for it

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Monaghan posted:

I get abolish the police but I'm not sure what thebalthe alternative to the court system is.

Pretty sure it's unrestrained violence and that sucks.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Biden's original Chosen Son made his bones by being part of the legal team that let a billionaire duPont heir walk free after raping a baby.

Anyone thinking he'd come down on the gross injustice of the US court system in any sense or fashion is sufferong from way more idealism than the last 35 years warrant.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Booourns posted:

He chose to make it his fault when he asked millions of americans to vote for him to be responsible for it

That's the part where him doing next to nothing comes in.

Doesn't matter if he isn't the one who decided to balance the global supply chain on a razors edge in order to rake in quarterly earnings, he's the one who's going to get blamed so he should be doing poo poo.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

How are u posted:

My impressions from what I've read and heard about the supply chain issue seems to ultimately boil down to: there's a global pandemic unprecedented in the era of global logistics.

I don't think it's quite fair to blame the President for being unable to unilaterally end an unprecedented global pandemic, but I do recognize that Presidents take the blame for just about everything regardless so there you are.

Generally speaking, like with just about every facet of "just-in-time" lean capitalism, the entire system was primed for collapse at the slightest amount of agitation. The pandemic itself didn't directly cause the issues, so much as it uncovered all the dissatisfaction, frustration, and lack of flexibility underneath the status quo, resulting in it triggering collapses at various bottlenecks (like truck drivers, ports, manufacturing centers, etc....). The Texas power outage had a similar effect where businesses, both directly and indirectly affected by it, are still recovering because they had no bandwidth to tolerate an unexpected outage.

Biden is the guy holding the hot potato, but ultimately :capitalism:

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Bel Shazar posted:

Pretty sure it's unrestrained violence and that sucks.

Yes which is the completely different from the current system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Yes which is the completely different from the current system.

Well i mean we're in a half restrained system currently. It also sucks.