Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

smoobles posted:

omicron is a nothingburger

WHO are sure going to have egg on their faces for panicking and sounding the VOC alarm immediately!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

"omichron is nothing!!" Feels increasingly like a way for the rich to exit scam the market this week without causing panic

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Is this a #AprilFoolsDay joke??

Finally, people searching for #AprilFoolsDay will be able to find this tweet.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Then there's no reason to specifically indicate that there's zero mutations.

of course there is. because it indicated the starting point, and because people (like you) did not understand what that starting point was.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Get your Christmas Covid NFTs

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Oh no what have I done

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

god's busy little angel

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

KaptainKrunk posted:

"omichron is nothing!!" Feels increasingly like a way for the rich to exit scam the market this week without causing panic

Bill Ackman is already up to same tricks -- parroting this same talking point. Japan shutting foreigners out is huge as it will kill international flights in North Asia and will crush oil demand (jet fuel). Would say oil crashes again post opec meeting on the first, takes down equities with it.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Hoooly lung
Siiiilent lung

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

gently caress

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

kazr posted:

Hoooly lung
Siiiilent lung

it's christmas tiiime

in the graveyard

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Olympics complete. time to take it seriously.

https://mobile.twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1465176825739444224

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So it got lost in the posting but uh, what's the point of the envomask? It's a 'reusable N95' but you have to replace the filter every use, right? So how is that in any meaningful way different from just wearing a new aura ever day?

CaptainACAB posted:

Envo mask is made by a company that makes CPAP masks so it's actually the most comfortable for long term wear but also offers real, certified N95 level protection.

Can confirm the Envo mask is very comfortable. Wore it after returning to in-person work and realizing my skin wouldn't tolerate paper masks long term. It's more comfortable than the Auras IMO, esp all day, and the exhalation valve means it doesn't fog up glasses (much). However if you're happy with and are able to wear Auras all day every day then there's not much reason to switch.

One issue with the Envo mask is getting and testing the seal is a little tricky compared to other masks, due to it's narrow sealing surface and requirement to not over-tighten. It was also easy (for me) to break the seal bending over equipment etc. A lot of this was user error and not really a problem with the Envo mask itself. People experienced and trained to wear respirators likely won't have any problem. Comparatively the bulkier elastometric respirators are relatively idiot proof.

Was thinking of switching back to the Envo masks at work after vaccination for comfort reasons. Then the Delta and now Omicron variants arrived and now it's wondering if you can get a PAPR to work over a half-mask.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

shizen
Dec 29, 2006

Did any countries completely close boarders for Delta?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

shizen posted:

Did any countries completely close boarders for Delta?

considering delta is everywhere it’s clear countries left the fridge door open

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

who the gently caress washes meat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3qgtLMxa5w

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bar Ran Dun posted:

wut?

what the hell?

Something about pasteurization.

Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) told MUNCHIES that the changes were made after long consultations and risk assessments. "The changes create feasible safety systems for raw milk products that preserve the integrity of the products while maintaining an acceptable level of public health and safety," a spokesperson said.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Could still be nothing.

Now to go to bed and see how things are in the morning.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Strep Vote posted:

Could still be nothing.

If I wasn't insomniac, I wouldn't be here. :smith:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

So... did they actually close their borders or did they "close" their borders like the US, where anyone can come and go except poor's from elsewhere?

Edit

Or, potentially, literally Elsweyr.

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Nov 29, 2021

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Strep Vote posted:

Could still be nothing.

tried that yesterday and it didn’t work!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Louisgod posted:

tried that yesterday and it didn’t work!
Results inconclusive, try again.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Close Biden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

japan only lifted a total ban on foreigners at the start of november so it's more them changing their minds