Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I'm hosed at QB in a 2QB league. I can pick up Davis Mills or Jake Fromm, who should I take?

I think Mills is the better player but he has no weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dropping Rashod Bateman for KJ unless someone tells me otherwise

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

pmchem posted:

rank these WRs and DSTs for a week _15_ stash in PPR:

Julio Jones @ PIT
Amon-Ra St Brown vs ARI
AJ Green @ DET

CLE vs LV
KC @ LAC
DEN vs CIN
GBP @ BAL

trying to figure what to do with my bottom couple of roster slots for a team locked into the wildcard

Green, Jones, St. Brown / CLE, GB, DEN, KC

WRs are really a toss-up but I feel like Green has a better floor. (But I'll admit I don't know Jones' injury status.)

GB at 2 because Lamar is turning the ball over. DEN at 3 since they're at home, run a clock-grinding offense with a decent defense, and aren't playing the Chargers on the road.

kiimo posted:

Do it. Lamar is broken (see above) and Bateman only had one target the other night.

e: let me clarify, this is redraft advice not keeper!

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 8, 2021

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Someone dropped Jalen Hurts last week in my PPR league. Is he worth a stash right now even though he’s on a bye? Seems like he’d be an upgrade over Burrow.

I’m 7-6 and just barely guaranteed a playoff spot. I started 7-1 and have been sliding ever since Derrick Henry went down.

My roster (keeper league)

QB: Burrow
WR: Amari Cooper, Tee Higgins, Devante Parker, Jarvis Landry, Russel Gage, AJ Brown (IR)
RB: JRob, Conner, Mattison, Chuba, Hilliard, Derrick Henry (IR), CMC (IR)
DST: Bills, Chargers
K: Joseph

I just picked up the Chargers DST as I don’t want to play the Bills against TB. Anything screaming out here as an immediate drop for Hurts?

Goddamn my team stinks with all the injuries, I’ve been cobbling it together from scraps as best as I can.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

kiimo posted:

Dango Bango posted:

Do it. Lamar is broken (see above) and Bateman only had one target the other night.
This is a little spicy, I like it. Gonna stash an extra DST too.

I'm out of the playoffs but we do a consolation bracket, winner of that gets their entry fee back.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
My opponent this week has an open RB slot, and I need to win to have a slim chance at the playoffs. There are two decent RB on the WW between Hubbard and Hilliard, so I might as well grab one since I have higher waiver priority. Who should be the top priority to grab? Hubbard did not look like anything special with McCaffery out but should get most of the touches, while Hilliard looked good but will be splitting more carries with Foreman?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Pain of Mind posted:

My opponent this week has an open RB slot, and I need to win to have a slim chance at the playoffs. There are two decent RB on the WW between Hubbard and Hilliard, so I might as well grab one since I have higher waiver priority. Who should be the top priority to grab? Hubbard did not look like anything special with McCaffery out but should get most of the touches, while Hilliard looked good but will be splitting more carries with Foreman?

Hubbard gets my vote. But if the guy isn't paying attention then grab them both and drop them both to lock them until next waiver period.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Spermy Smurf posted:

Hubbard gets my vote. But if the guy isn't paying attention then grab them both and drop them both to lock them until next waiver period.

This is evil. I loving love it.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Spermy Smurf posted:

Yea, was going to go with Hubbard first. I just worry that I will jinx myself and he will pick up some random scrub that gets 20 points while both of these guys get 3.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Spermy Smurf posted:

You have to hold someone overnight for that to work on most platforms, so they’d have to drop two players to pick up both, or pick up one the first day and the other on the second day.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Because of a combination of injuries and byes, the only three WRs I have available are Deebo, McLaurin, and Chase Claypool. Now, ideally I'd play Deebo and McLaurin and be done with it, but Deebo is hurt. Problem is, Claypool plays Thursday. Do I play Claypool for the guaranteed points and sit one of McLaurin or Deebo, depending on injury? This league has deep benches so the FA/waiver situation is grim.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

shirts and skins posted:

Because of a combination of injuries and byes, the only three WRs I have available are Deebo, McLaurin, and Chase Claypool. Now, ideally I'd play Deebo and McLaurin and be done with it, but Deebo is hurt. Problem is, Claypool plays Thursday. Do I play Claypool for the guaranteed points and sit one of McLaurin or Deebo, depending on injury? This league has deep benches so the FA/waiver situation is grim.

Situationally dependent imo. Do you need a home run? If so roll the dice. If not then play it safe.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

My last four opponents: Pirate warrior, pirate warrior, quest mage, quest rogue.

"Fun? What's that? Gotta make number go down."

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Us the Bills D/ST droppable? They've been crappy as of late and their playoff rivals don't fill me with confidence.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Freezer posted:

Us the Bills D/ST droppable? They've been crappy as of late and their playoff rivals don't fill me with confidence.

After Monday night I would not play them against TB

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Freezer posted:

Absolutely not playing them this week but still keeping them into the playoffs as they should be okay vs Car and Atl. Might sit them against NE, depends how they look against Car.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Anti-Hero posted:

Someone dropped Jalen Hurts last week in my PPR league. Is he worth a stash right now even though he’s on a bye? Seems like he’d be an upgrade over Burrow.

I’m 7-6 and just barely guaranteed a playoff spot. I started 7-1 and have been sliding ever since Derrick Henry went down.

My roster (keeper league)

QB: Burrow
WR: Amari Cooper, Tee Higgins, Devante Parker, Jarvis Landry, Russel Gage, AJ Brown (IR)
RB: JRob, Conner, Mattison, Chuba, Hilliard, Derrick Henry (IR), CMC (IR)
DST: Bills, Chargers
K: Joseph

I just picked up the Chargers DST as I don’t want to play the Bills against TB. Anything screaming out here as an immediate drop for Hurts?

Goddamn my team stinks with all the injuries, I’ve been cobbling it together from scraps as best as I can.

I'd probably do it, depending on what your keeper rules are, drop a defense, Gage, or Landry.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

dxt posted:

I'd probably do it, depending on what your keeper rules are, drop a defense, Gage, or Landry.

We accumulate a keeper a year, resetting at year 4. Currently year 2, so my keepers were CMC and Henry (RIP). Not sure who among my clown show are even worth a keeper next year. Gage I think has potential?

I’ll likely drop Landry - I’m not going to start him over Gage, and I wouldn’t be hurt if he was scooped up if I grab Hurts.

Bills D/ST I think I should hold for after they play TB.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Hurts is still QB4 after being out, I’d grab him

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Anti-Hero posted:

We accumulate a keeper a year, resetting at year 4. Currently year 2, so my keepers were CMC and Henry (RIP). Not sure who among my clown show are even worth a keeper next year. Gage I think has potential?

I’ll likely drop Landry - I’m not going to start him over Gage, and I wouldn’t be hurt if he was scooped up if I grab Hurts.

Bills D/ST I think I should hold for after they play TB.

You should still keep CMC and Henry.

Russell Gage is one of the last guys on that team I'd keep that isn't a kicker or defense. The only guy I'd definitely keep him over is Hilliard. Gage is a JAG.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

You should still keep CMC and Henry.

Russell Gage is one of the last guys on that team I'd keep that isn't a kicker or defense. The only guy I'd definitely keep him over is Hilliard. Gage is a JAG.

For sure keeping CMC and Henry - I get an additional keeper next year.

Another ridiculous thing about this league is no waiver wire - it’s all FA with a limit of 5 transactions a week. I hate it.

I’ve complained to the commissioner, and he says he hates the WW and he makes at most 10 moves a season. So I still have no idea why he’s so against the wire when he never makes any moves.

Edit: gently caress it, dropped Gage for Hurts. Landry has some decent match ups, and Parker will be better ROS if I make it past the first round of the playoffs. And yah, not like Gage is worth a keeper.

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 8, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
How do people feel about Derek Carr this week? Should I think about starting Cam's corpse over him?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

mcmagic posted:

How do people feel about Derek Carr this week? Should I think about starting Cam's corpse over him?

I think Carr will either be great or a huge disappointment. Zero middle ground.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

mcmagic posted:

He hasn't scored above 30 and has been below ~10 once, so expect a usable but unspectacular performance

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

sourdough posted:

He hasn't scored above 30 and has been below ~10 once, so expect a usable but unspectacular performance

Obviously I have not been paying enough attention to Carr

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

Obviously I have not been paying enough attention to Carr

Tbf I stretched it a little for maximum contrast lol

He's had a few bad weeks lately, the ~ was doing a lot of work. I'd probably slot him in as a high end QB2 with some bust potential (5-10 pt) and a ceiling of like 25-30 pts.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

dy. posted:

I was thinking about doing a a guillotine league but don't like the idea of complete elimination so I came up with this overly complicated setup. Would love to hear some feedback or ways in which it wouldn't work.
  • Teams start with $100 in FAAB and have shallow benches. Traditional roster setup.
  • Like a guillotine league, each week the lowest-scoring N number of teams (where N is the week number) are disbanded and lose all FAAB; they must drop their entire roster. However, the team is not eliminated; they can rebuild from free agency and eventually waivers.
  • Each week, every team gets $10 in FAAB for each team they outscore (or maybe $10*N instead).
  • Before the games start each week, teams can 1:1 convert any amount of FAAB to victory points. Any FAAB converted in this way is lost forever.
  • The team with the most victory points at the end of the season wins.
This creates the ability for eliminated owners to continue and build a competitive team through free agency/waivers. It also creates a risk/reward system for banking FAAB into victory points; you can keep it to build the best team but risk losing it all from an unlucky week, or play it safe and bank but lose out on free agents.

Not sure I totally get it but I'd be down for a super weird league like this haha

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

What the hell is Shanahan doing to his RB's? It's gotta be past bad luck at this point, right? This poo poo goes back years - I can't remember the last time the 9ers finished the season with the same starting RB they began with.

Poque posted:

Not sure I totally get it but I'd be down for a super weird league like this haha
I think the idea is to force more action; it's not enough to just passively manage your team, you need to keep from getting disbanded and be smart about rebuilding via waivers if you get blown up. I still need to figure out some systems and think I need to find a way to give exploded teams some FAAB to rebuild, but I'm gonna do it next season. I'll post in this thread.

mega dy fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 8, 2021

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

dy. posted:

What the hell is Shanahan doing to his RB's? It's gotta be past bad luck at this point, right?

They get pretty heavy use and he seems to prefer the smaller faster type of back but it seems like there has to be more to it than bad luck.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

sourdough posted:

Tbf I stretched it a little for maximum contrast lol

He's had a few bad weeks lately, the ~ was doing a lot of work. I'd probably slot him in as a high end QB2 with some bust potential (5-10 pt) and a ceiling of like 25-30 pts.

That's about what I thought. He started off the year pretty solid. Not amazing, but low end QB1. Since then he's just been so erratic, my default is to fade him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

Green, Jones, St. Brown / CLE, GB, DEN, KC

WRs are really a toss-up but I feel like Green has a better floor. (But I'll admit I don't know Jones' injury status.)

GB at 2 because Lamar is turning the ball over. DEN at 3 since they're at home, run a clock-grinding offense with a decent defense, and aren't playing the Chargers on the road.

e: let me clarify, this is redraft advice not keeper!

Someone spent their remaining budget on KJ so nevermind

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://mobile.twitter.com/latimessports/status/1468704444720287748

Maybe not the best weekend for Herbie-havers

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Mike Williams is just a close contact so maybe he fan play.

Keenan Allen on the other hand...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've got Herbert and Prescott as my two QBs in this goofy rear end yahoo league I'm in this year.

Despite having the worst draft across the whole group, I'm in a tie for second place and just a game behind the league lead.

Herbert is who I have slotted for this weekend since Dak has been a little off as of late, but maybe I'll switch em since Herbie's lost a WR and Washington is down some key players on defense.

I'm overthinking it, but drat I wanna pull off the Cinderella story.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Spermy Smurf posted:

Mike Williams is just a close contact so maybe he fan play.

Keenan Allen on the other hand...

MWill is unvaccinated so I believe he is out Sunday regardless. If he's positive then he also misses next week.

Keenan Allen, on the other hand, is vaccinated. He can play with negative tests.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Facing Taysom in 2/3 win and in redraft leagues. Can't wait to have my hopes dashed by a QB throwing 5 INT's and still scoring 30 on me.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Poque posted:

MWill is unvaccinated so I believe he is out Sunday regardless. If he's positive then he also misses next week.

Keenan Allen, on the other hand, is vaccinated. He can play with negative tests.

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1468714354820280321?s=20

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
I'm a little nervous about Dak's performance of late. Would it be crazy to roll the dice on Taysom Hill as a replacement? I'm out of the playoffs, but would like to win the consolation bracket.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Oh that's good. Hope they all can play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

With Hurts on his bye do I want Derek Carr vs KC or Teddy Bridgewater vs DET? KC's D has been playing well lately but I think I'd still prefer Carr?