Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

evobatman posted:

Me: I need a new set of tires
Them: I got you fam
Me: And I need someone to rate my restaurant
Them: You're not gonna believe this, but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I haven't gotten too far but from what I've seen the only part of that that's accurate is an AI named weapon using your armor to smell and commenting that you smell better than the covenant.

I want to know what the covenant smells like just for a laugh haha

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:ssj: Have a really low power level; best friend has a higher power level than me :ssj:

Quality_Guaranteed posted:

So i'm about 27 years old and, well, to put it bluntly I have the smallest power level in my group of friends. I train harder than any of them, but it doesn't seem to matter. I won't pester you with questions about how to raise my power level; that's for Watch and Weight. But what I AM asking is how to DEAL with having a small power level. My friends and I are pretty big into martial arts training so we compare ourselves a lot, and i consistently come out on the bottom. The worst part is the way my friends act. They say positive things but I can sense the condescension. Whenever we show each other our kamehamehas, they always seem to single me out: "Whoa, Quality_Guaranteed! That was a big one! Be careful where you point that thing, almost took my head off!" And then they chuckle and smirk a little.

I just feel so frustrated all the time. I know that this isn't the way a true warrior should feel, and i should be more humble, but this just makes me feel worse when I remember this, like I'm always failing. I have a huge inferiority complex. So what am I supposed to do about this? I can't talk to my friends about it because they'll just give mock sympathy and then continue making backhanded compliments.

Thanks in advance.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Atticus_1354 posted:

Just going to drop this here to help out some of you.

ty as someone who is learning to grow and dry peppers i appreciate this

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

EorayMel posted:

:ssj: Have a really low power level; best friend has a higher power level than me :ssj:
Had a stroll through the rap sheet and holy God what a shithead.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Wow

quote:

Yeah, but I'm guessing that those women are looking at North American white guys, which would cause any woman to give up on men entirely. The reactions from women in this thread are how women REALLY react to an attractive man. White men have never been the recipient of this kind of adoration, so it's understandable that y'all are confused 

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Like, there's stuff in his rap sheet that wouldn't be punished today, but there's also, uh, stuff like the above.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

lol got a 30 day and just 4 days after getting off probation already ate another ban for what was to be the last time

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Like, there's stuff in his rap sheet that wouldn't be punished today, but there's also, uh, stuff like the above.
Profile says female. I didn't even really notice that post after zingers like these:

quote:

Yeah this thing is mega-dumb. Space travel in general is loving dumb and I wish people would just forget about it. I was glad when the Challenger exploded because it meant the end of space travel and we could just move on.

quote:

At least it's white people who are suffering for once. Not that that makes it okay, but compare this to Katrina where it was mostly black people who suffered the most; that isn't the case here. Yeah, nobody deserves for this to happen, but it IS a red state and they ARE notoriously racist and religiously extreme, so...I dunno, I guess it could be worse.

V:shobon:V
(This was about wildfires in Texas, a state where everyone is obviously white.)

quote:

I hate to say it, but there really are certain groups of people that are okay to treat like poo poo. Basically anyone who's not a member of an oppressed group, and by 'oppressed group', I mean people who are non-white, non-cis male, non-heterosexual, non-Christian, non-middle class or higher, etc. People with weird-rear end fetishes aren't an oppressed group, so gently caress them. I've talked about this before when it comes to childhood bullying, too. The only kind of bullying that actually matters is where the victims are being targeted for their race (non-white), sexual orientation, religion, class, or because of mysogyny and/or gender policing. Fat white boys getting mocked for being fat white boys is NOT a social justice issue and not something worth considering in light of other, more serious forms of bullying.

quote:

OP, I'm going to assume you are white and heterosexual, correct? If that's the case, then you have no right to be depressed. You have every advantage in society, and yet you're still a failure. Who's fault is that? Why are you overweight? Why do you have no friends? These things are 100% under your control. If you are unable to achieve success despite being a straight white male, then you need to look at the very real possibility that you actually are inferior to others. Nobody owes you anything, and you need to take responsibility for your life. Sorry if this is harsh, but you're yet another fat white boy crying about how depressed you are and I'm sick of it. There are people (minorities and women) who put up with so much worse poo poo than you ever will, and yet they persevere. They persevere because they're stronger and better than you are, OP. I don't care if you were picked on and ostracised as a kid: it's okay for people to treat you like garbage if you actually are garbage. It's up to you to snap out of your depression and take control of your life. Noone is holding you back except yourself. Stop being such a shut-in loser and stop being so weak.

Good luck.

Sham bam bamina! has a new favorite as of 19:30 on Dec 10, 2021

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Can't believe Yamcha used to post here, and that he's a racist incel

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Those posts weren't satirizing the SJWs; they were sincere outbursts of spite from someone with a tenuous grasp on reality and serious personal issues.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

That's not funny at all. :(

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that was my thought too

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

That's not funny at all. :(
Yeah, I'm really regretting having gone down this rabbit hole. :smith:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Those posts weren't satirizing the SJWs; they were sincere outbursts of spite from someone with a tenuous grasp on reality and serious personal issues.

that last one makes me really sad for them, actually. the self hating trans trap is a hellish thing

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

that last one makes me really sad for them, actually. the self hating trans trap is a hellish thing

jesus christ yeah no kidding, i feel awful for them after reading that :/

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Eeory you're back on probation :mad:

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Karate Bastard posted:

Eeory you're back on probation :mad:

e

o

ray

how is this difficult

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
someone get Leroy off probation!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

eerie ray, who keeps hovering out in the crop fields at night, posting really old unfunny ban messages

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

eerie ray, who keeps hovering out in the crop fields at night, posting really old unfunny ban messages

look to be completely fair, they're like 95 or 98 out of 100 with that

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Free La Ray

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

ExecuDork posted:

I detonated a propane oven once. Propane explodes slowly, I had enough time to think "I have made an error" as the wall of blue flamed rolled into me.

I'll back up.

In 2009 I was working as a field technician in the Canadian High Arctic, measuring plants and soil and so forth at the most northerly police station in the world. When they built the very basic buildings in 1953, the RCMP installed a propane-burning cooker, a big white enameled thing with three internal chambers (oven, warming oven, toaster drawer), four burners on top, and about half a square metre of clean white work surface on the side. It fed off of a big propane tank just outside the kitchen window, which would last us about a month. There were 7 of us there for just shy of two months in the short High Arctic summer.
Poking Around Base Camp 1 by by ExecuDork, on Flickr

One other person and I spent a week on top of the mountain just west of the valley, and when we returned to base the other 5 people had gone off up another nearby valley for a few days. All of this travel was by helicopter. So we had the place to ourselves and the selection of food was better than the endless cans we'd been eating from up on The Dome. The other person went to bed early that night*, to her tent not far from the buildings. I was hungry and excited to find some reasonably-fresh bread in the kitchen. I decided to have some toast.

* We were well above the Arctic circle, and this was early August. The sun did not set, at all, the entire time I was up there. "Night" refers to the time between about 9pm and 7am, when the sun is roughly to our north.

The other group of people had told us they'd swapped the propane cylinder just before they'd left, and I'd had to re-light the stovetop (one pilot light somehow works for all four burners, with the exception of the back-right which was always a bit of a problem getting started) already. I forgot that the oven had its own, separate pilot light, accessed through hole at the bottom of the largest oven chamber.

I turned the oven on and put some bread into the toast drawer. This is a narrow drawer under the warming oven, and the flames below the warming oven are directly above the drawer. This was the worst toaster when it was working properly. It had the classic syndrome of bread-bread-bread-bread-bread-glance away for a second-BURNT. So I wasn't too surprised at the long delay, and just finding cold bread every time I opened the drawer to check. Then I clued in (halfway). There was no flame! Because the pilot light had not been re-lit since the cylinder change! Where did I put that BBQ lighter....?

I opened the main oven door and leaned in with the BBQ lighter. Just as I was inserting the flame into the little hole, a voice in my head stated "the gas has been on for several minutes and this ancient cooker has no safety cut-offs".

BOOOOOOOM

I woke up on my back on the floor in the middle of the kitchen. I immediately checked myself for flames and burns and found neither, and also no arm hair. I still had my eyebrows and my beard, and the smell of burning hair was very faint and coming only from the little curled up bits of charred follicles on my forearms. The kitchen floor was also filthy with decades worth of crumbs and dust from under the oven as well as an entire layer of peeling paint, stripped from the walls by the blast. The knick-knacks on the window ledge opposite the cooker were all on the table, and a cloud of dust lingered in the room.

The toast was perfect.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

LONE RANGER posted:

Lets get the record straight. First of all this site caters to nimwhits and computer geeks that have no life. My education I would bet supercedes your's mister. I graduate from college and got a degree in busines. So let's get off from the who is more educated rant here. I probably have more commonscense and street smarts than you will ever buddy.

Now for this site to promote slanderess comments and mistruths is what the question should be about here. You, or whatever your position is with this company should be in question here. To allow this mother fucker to spew off all of this poo poo and idiotic crap should be at question here. Yet it is encouraged. By who, by what, a site that probably been sued on many occasins. That is correct, your company is based out Missouri and the better business burea plastered out a bunch of verbal complaints and written complaints. (OH MY GOSH WHAT A SHOCK!) Based on your loving site. So I guess it is not just me.

Continue bantering amoungest yourself, because my mission has been accomplished. Qiunless Dick you will get your's. It is called karma Bitch.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
amoungest

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Tired of sines and cosines? Get ready for busines

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

A sad dunning-Kruger clown that escaped from the idiot circus

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

this is loving savage

I think

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

freeedr posted:

A sad dunning-Kruger clown that escaped from the idiot circus

drat dude. over the line smokey.

Cosmic Thing has a new favorite as of 04:33 on Dec 11, 2021

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It owns that every time a right wing dipshit opens their mouth it's to say something like "you know who is really great at not dying in an embarrassing and funny way? David Carradine."

Like zero research or fact checking. Just straight vibing.

ZixTheYeti posted:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It owns that every time a right wing dipshit opens their mouth it's to say something
Except for Nancy, apparently.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Tiberius Christ posted:

whats the proper canvas size for a gently caress painting, does it need to be as big as a mattress or can I just dip my cock into some blue paint and mash it around on a nice portrait

Loki Kunti posted:

You can do whatever you want, miniatures can be very valuable in art.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

SyNack Sassimov posted:

e

o

ray

how is this difficult

Because their posts make me feel like Eeyore.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

eeyore gay mel, so what

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

wait'll you guys figure out it's a spoonerism of "Moray Eel"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

venus de lmao posted:

wait'll you guys figure out it's a spoonerism of "Moray Eel"

Thanks for drawing my attention to that, Valued Omens.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

some plague rats posted:

Ban hedrigall, the snake guy, the tugging guy, the douche guy who keeps saying Kramer, just sweep the streets of every gbs gimmick guy

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

OwlFancier posted:

Also i am english so I literally cannot pronounce french, my throat does not have the necessary gallic tissue convolutions to get the proper range of ongghrhrghgonggnru gurgling noises, best I can do is incoherent german grunting like someone trying to start a particularly obstinate chainsaw.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Platystemon posted:

Thanks for drawing my attention to that, Valued Omens.

Mental typos.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Plank Walker posted:

selecting the f35 just like selecting charmander, in that they're both weak to water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

2house2fly posted:

Sure, but Arrakis isn't just any planet: it's Spice World. The Emperor can act like a Saturday night diva about how the Harkonnens making the Atreides move over is too much, but he can't outright make them stop now that they're there- if he did do it, the interruption in production would mean denying the rest of the galaxy the chance to spice up their life, and since the noble houses- and the spacing guild, for that matter- want to never give up on the good times, they'd all have it out for him. That's how an outsider in the setting would see it anyway, so they could see how it would make sense for the emperor to seemingly just shrug and tell the Harkonnens "viva forever"