Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Trabisnikof posted:

this is the fault of the left

Get that "The Jews did this" gif but scratch out Jews and put "Pinkos" in there instead. Boom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

even if trump was capable of participating in such a plan, whoever they got to be the new president would just not resign.

MTG in the pit of fire, "I'm keepin' this little cutie!"

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

I wonder what he means by “pro-family”.

Probably not subsidized healthcare or mandatory paid leave or any of that commie freeloader bullshit. Maybe some (means tested) tax breaks at best.

He’s still trying to thread that old needle between social conservatives and lolberts. On the other hand, people off all political stripes are going apeshit over bitcoin so I doubt that will hurt him.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

bedpan posted:

the last wife-of-a-president who ran as the liberal hopeful lost to Donald Trump of all people so why would this time be any different?

LOL hadn't thought of that

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Hillary gets it wrong again. Gingrich had it right. If you spend so much OP money that you can never repay it, you now own them.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I think a lot of Democrats in a sinking ship will just jump over to be Republicans. Republican primaries would still be competitive. Dems with incumbency advantage could still run as Independent.

It's impossible to prefigure political developments after the collapse of the Democrats, because anything could fill the void. But any alternative has to be constructed over the course of years - and that means one party GOP rule for a while.

And we motherfucking say Merry Christmas here.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Probably not subsidized healthcare or mandatory paid leave or any of that commie freeloader bullshit. Maybe some (means tested) tax breaks at best.

He’s still trying to thread that old needle between social conservatives and lolberts. On the other hand, people off all political stripes are going apeshit over bitcoin so I doubt that will hurt him.

"The Family" is a useful fabrication. Whatever conservative tripe you read, talk or watch, being in favor of "family values" just means we share the same scapegoat.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh come on this isn't even close to a loss meme.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Oh come on this isn't even close to a loss meme.
Just wait a year

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

smug jeebus posted:

Just wait a year

:golfclap:

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Pro-family means abortion is illegal and no government assistance to single parents

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

LastInLine posted:

Pro-family means abortion is illegal and no government assistance to single parents

You gotta crack some eggs if you want omelettes

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

shyduck posted:

AOC misunderstood the assignment

I'm sure the person who interned for Kennedy and did a CIA sponsored trip to Africa a few months before where she visited had a coup didn't understand what she was getting herself in for

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Furthermore, the Democratic Party should be destroyed.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

Vote!

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

cagliostr0 posted:

I'm sure the person who interned for Kennedy and did a CIA sponsored trip to Africa a few months before where she visited had a coup didn't understand what she was getting herself in for

i ran a ton of meth into china they caught me help im just a innocent tourist

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/MarketWatch/status/1476234293525553158?s=20

As much as I hate to admit it, and I really don't want to see it happen. But Michelle Obama could easily win 2024.

would be funny to see what this would do to khive

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Jay-V posted:

We can run a pool on how many attempts on her life in a week, except the SS conceals that kind of thing

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jay-V posted:

they'll probably all go to her, zero chance even Kamala stands in her way, she'll make it easy for khive to convert with her full throated endorsement.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nonsense posted:

they'll probably all go to her, zero chance even Kamala stands in her way, she'll make it easy for khive to convert with her full throated endorsement.

Her endorsement will somehow offend the LGBTQ+ community, Puerto Ricans, the poor, and (because Harris would be that much of a fuckup) the Netherlands will declare war on the US in the process.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
WELL?!?!?!?!!!!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

500 good dogs posted:

this is my new favorite graph so I'm gonna put it here too

i hate it here

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

DoubleDonut posted:

i hate it here

claims that biden has not followed through with his promises on domestic spending fail to consider he is only one year into his term as presinald. we rate this claim 14 pinnochets

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

can they be destroyed now? I don’t want to wait 10 more months

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The democrats are going to get destroyed this year

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Student loans are the time bomb that blows up the economy.

Scenario A: They are forgiven, the financial instruments based on them become worthless and trigger the crisis.

Scenario B: Repayments resume. This is effectively a giant anti-stimulus as borrowers are forced to redirect money from rents to the government, triggering the crisis. If they default instead, the financial instruments they're based on lose value and trigger the crisis.

Scenario C: Forgive a little bit. If only $10,000 is forgiven, then of course payments will resume, leading to Scenario B as it is immediately revealed that $10,000 wasn't nearly enough. This triggers the crisis.

Scenario D: Keep payments suspended, but always with a looming deadline so as the maintain the future value of said instruments. Do this as long as you can find an excuse. Or forever. Why not.

Whoa, psychohistory is more psychotic than I remembered.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

The year is 2022
The democrats have been destroyed

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
It's 2022. The Democrats are currently being destroyed.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
T-minus two years to dear leader MTG

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Forceholy posted:

T-minus two years to dear leader MTG

Let's hold off on those predictions to see whether the US still exists as a functional government by then.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Fame Douglas posted:

Let's hold off on those predictions to see whether the US still exists as a functional government by then.

The newly reconstituted CSA will have a female president before the US does.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't know which awful pseudo-christian fascist will be the first female president, but i hope that hillary lives to see it.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Her endorsement will somehow offend the LGBTQ+ community, Puerto Ricans, the poor, and (because Harris would be that much of a fuckup) the Netherlands will declare war on the US in the process.

Which, come to think of it, may be the best available solution, so long as we surrender.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
of course he said she's 'articulate' lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

of course he said she's 'articulate' lol