Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Is there a creatine shortage or something? Like 3 brands of powder I'd buy have been out of stock on Amazon for months and almost everything left is overpriced pills.

Omar Isuf must be stopped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

There is a plastic container shortage.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Yeah I used to buy 600g container and now it’s either smaller or larger.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

MarcusSA posted:

There is a plastic container shortage.
Biden has gone too far this time.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

nooneofconsequence posted:

Biden has gone too far this time.

His rage knows no bounds

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

After a long time away from the exercise, I resumed deadlifting. 265x5x3 isn't going to blow anyone's mind lmao, but I feel really good about keeping a straight back & good form.

Now if only my tendonitis would kindly piss off I could resume pull exercises

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

After a long time away from the exercise, I resumed deadlifting. 265x5x3 isn't going to blow anyone's mind lmao, but I feel really good about keeping a straight back & good form.

Good job you idiot.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Look into a Theraband Flexbar and the Tyler twist/Reverse Tyler twist exercises, doing these a couple times a day keeps my golfer's elbow in check

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
i dumped my last girlfriend for doing """"the tyler twist""" but it sure wasn't for tennis elbow

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Concatenation posted:

Look into a Theraband Flexbar and the Tyler twist/Reverse Tyler twist exercises, doing these a couple times a day keeps my golfer's elbow in check

Will do, thanks!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

ixo posted:

i dumped my last girlfriend for doing """"the tyler twist""" but it sure wasn't for tennis elbow

God those Cosmo magazine tips have gotten out of control

also my gym has been killing the shirt game lately (unabashed facebook links, sorry)
https://www.facebook.com/supportyourlocalgym/photos/pcb.4714246055278796/4714246001945468/
https://www.facebook.com/supportyourlocalgym/photos/a.2061176740585754/4737971576239577/

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I just deadlifted a craigslist Precor machine and destroyed my back

This has not gone according to plan

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

I just deadlifted a craigslist Precor machine and destroyed my back

This has not gone according to plan

It's always important to remember to warm up. Next time start with lifting a small Precor machine and progressively work up to the largest Precor machine.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

It's always important to remember to warm up. Next time start with lifting a small Precor machine and progressively work up to the largest Precor machine.

Good thing it wasn't a Postcor machine. Might not have been able to get it off the ground.

Jove Tone
Jan 12, 2006

You idiot lifting weights is way safer than actually lifting things. Never use your strength outside of the gym

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jove Tone posted:

You idiot lifting weights is way safer than actually lifting things. Never use your strength outside of the gym

And here I thought I had the perfect loophole

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

I always tell people I need to rest for deadlift day when they ask for moving help.

Can't gently caress up my numbers using strength practically.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

For real though my forearm has felt like absolute poo poo for like three months now, ever since the massive exercise of moving (which included a poo poo-ton of smashing hard drives with sledgehammers, which I think is what contributed to it). My arm is big but just moving it hurts. Just the forearm, not the upper arm. I can do 100 pushups no problem but lifting a pitcher of water is excruciatingly painful.

I hope this changes at some point

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Arms are weird. I went bowling a few weeks ago and my usual style of "loving crank the ball as hard as possible to impart spin/curve" backfired and my wrist took a beating. Still wonky those few weeks later

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Omnikin posted:

Arms are weird. I went bowling a few weeks ago and my usual style of "loving crank the ball as hard as possible to impart spin/curve" backfired and my wrist took a beating. Still wonky those few weeks later

Yeah, my left wrist has been hurting for about a week now. Doesn't hurt when I pull something, but pushing definitely does. The twisting motion when opening a jar, too. No idea what cause it and just generally annoyed by how long it's taking to get better.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I've spent the last couple months getting over a case of de quervains in my left wrist. I could hold a barbell fine, but wrapping my fingers around my thumb like doing hook grip was really bad.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If I wanna lift five days a week is something like this reasonable:

Saturday: hammer curl, tri extension, lateral raises, EZ curl
Sunday: bench, lat pull down, ohp, bent row,
Monday: rest
Tuesday: bench, incline bench, lat pull down
Wednesday: squat, dead lift, ???
Thursday: bench, ohp, bent row
Friday: rest

Basically three “regular” days and a leg day and an arm day, with higher volume on the weekends just because I have more time

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

bird with big dick posted:

Basically three “regular” days and a leg day and an arm day, with higher volume on the weekends just because I have more time

tbh p close to my schedule but I dont squat/deadlift on the same day

pay attention to your body so you dont die or anything and its probably gonna be fine

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah I’m actually currently not doing DL and squat on the same day so maybe I should keep it that way.

Maybe add some kettle bell stuff.

I’d basically been doing this routine except without dead lifts and squats because of worries about my back and neck from the car accident but at this point it’s a BS excuse so I’ve started adding them back in.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Well gyms are closed due to omicron back to lifting landscaping rocks again.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

bird with big dick posted:

It's going to be up to your body if it's reasonable or not. Make sure you are eating enough and getting good sleep and track progress.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

if you didnt build a home gym in the first year of covid i dont feel back for u

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Walked posted:

if you didnt build a home gym in the first year of covid i dont feel back for u

Some people live in apartments and can't.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Batterypowered7 posted:

Some people live in apartments and can't.

2 years is plenty of time to move so shut up

serious i know some people cant actually do so and that sucks so much; this whole pandemic is loving trash and i empathize with everyone's varying types of struggles and difficulty

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

numberoneposter posted:

Just use the equipment you've been lowkey hoarding for years

Or is that just me

Emailed my gym asking if our memberships will be compensated in some way, expecting a "lol no" in response

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I did it! 365lb Deadlift before the end of the year!

https://youtu.be/bavYSgDtF0U

Little shaky and with some lower back rounding, but I did it!

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
just in case any of y'all aren't following this man, do it now

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXRtjR7J69D/

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Anyone ITT use or know of anyone that owns any Adidas Primegreen Powerlifting shoes and have any thoughts on them? My brother-in-law got me a pair for Christmas and I'm pretty excited to finally have some lifting shoes.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

First leg day of the year trip report:

I woke up with a mysterious pain in a joint in my foot and will probably have to cancel because outing weight on it hurts. An auspicious start to be sure.

I’m like two weeks from hitting a 495 squat if my body would just cooperate for a little while, it’s frustrating.

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

LeafyOrb posted:

First leg day of the year trip report:

I woke up with a mysterious pain in a joint in my foot and will probably have to cancel because outing weight on it hurts. An auspicious start to be sure.

I’m like two weeks from hitting a 495 squat if my body would just cooperate for a little while, it’s frustrating.

Perhaps you can use machines to at least load your glutes, hams, and quads, without having to load your foot? Speedy recovery.

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

Batterypowered7 posted:

Anyone ITT use or know of anyone that owns any Adidas Primegreen Powerlifting shoes and have any thoughts on them? My brother-in-law got me a pair for Christmas and I'm pretty excited to finally have some lifting shoes.

I use adipower 2s and am reasonably happy. They feel kinda loose at first but do a good job of holding my feet once there’s actual load and I’m moving.

I also pretty much only use them front squats and light back squats though. I found that they didn’t work great for me for low bar knee positioning

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

chupacabron posted:

I use adipower 2s and am reasonably happy. They feel kinda loose at first but do a good job of holding my feet once there’s actual load and I’m moving.

I also pretty much only use them front squats and light back squats though. I found that they didn’t work great for me for low bar knee positioning

Adipowers are weightlifting shoes. That heels not good for low bar back squats. Would recommend a weightlifting shoe for high bar if that's more your thing. I wear a weightlifting shoe for high bar back squats. More comfortable driving out of the hole with high bar for me.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Mustached Demon posted:

Adipowers are weightlifting shoes. That heels not good for low bar back squats. Would recommend a weightlifting shoe for high bar if that's more your thing. I wear a weightlifting shoe for high bar back squats. More comfortable driving out of the hole with high bar for me.

I've never heard of the idea that you would want a higher heeled shoe for low bar squats Vs high or front squat. A high heeled (0.75 inch,) will be absolutely fine for low bar.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

MikeCrotch posted:

I've never heard of the idea that you would want a higher heeled shoe for low bar squats Vs high or front squat. A high heeled (0.75 inch,) will be absolutely fine for low bar.

Guess I should have added I didn't like the feel at depth of low bar with the heeled shoe. The balance just felt off. If it helps you hit depth at higher weights and make your butt look good do it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Thinking about trying out Jeff Nippley's Powerbuilding System, but all I've got is a barbell, plates, the SML-2, and bench. It'd be my first structured program and I'd like to know what additional equipment I'll need before I take the plunge.