Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

This looks like she has a nosebleed.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Riddle me this, Batman!

They scream and shout, they scurry like rats,
But they're scared of you, you big black bat.
But they'll love me, a king I'll be crowned,
Can you point me the way, to the nearest playground?

Sesame Street!

EDIT:

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jan 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Woebin posted:

The others I get, but who's this supposed to be? Scarecrow? IMDb doesn't list him as in the film so probably not. Whoever it is, that mask is terrible.

There actually IS a Batman villain named "Black Mask" and so as I scrolled by, I just thought "oh, I didn't know that Black Mask was in this movie"

Shanty posted:

I think it's the Riddler, but he's, like, Jigsaw now.

This makes more sense and is also way dumber though.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vargo posted:

There actually IS a Batman villain named "Black Mask" and so as I scrolled by, I just thought "oh, I didn't know that Black Mask was in this movie."

I'm not refuting your post but he was the main bad guy in Birds of Prey so it would be kind of funny if he's now on the level of Joker or Batman himself with multiple versions being on film so close together.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

MISter Garibaldi.

The Very Long Night Of Oswald Cobblepot

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm loving Farrell as Penguin

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Woebin posted:

The others I get, but who's this supposed to be? Scarecrow? IMDb doesn't list him as in the film so probably not. Whoever it is, that mask is terrible.

You're telling me you can't recognize Paul Dano by his eyes alone?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The makeup on Farrell is some of the best I've ever seen. He's completely unrecognizable but it also looks very real, it doesn't look like prosthetics.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

The makeup on Farrell is some of the best I've ever seen. He's completely unrecognizable but it also looks very real, it doesn't look like prosthetics.

Agreed. Even knowing it was him before watching the trailers I found him to be utterly unrecognizable.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Is he wearing his glasses over his leather mask? Look, I don't want to armchair QB this dudes career as a villain, but I really think he should have sprung for contacts.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They're goggles, they do nothing.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Mantis42 posted:

They're goggles, they do nothing.

:iiam:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Nothing? Come on, they make it so the clues don't get in his eyes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm loving Farrell as Penguin

They're talking about doing an HBO Max series with him. They also have another one in development that is about the GCPD characters from the movie.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The GCPD had an actual popular comic that ran 50 issues so they have a lot to draw from

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CharlestheHammer posted:

The GCPD had an actual popular comic that ran 50 issues so they have a lot to draw from

And a TV show that ran for multiple seasons.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Shanty posted:

I think it's the Riddler, but he's, like, Jigsaw now.

Diddle me this, diddle me that.
Spank my chapped rear end
with a big wooden bat.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

I'm surprised they haven't gotten crap for putting a slim actor in a fat suit.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

live with fruit posted:

They have kind of, in the sense that people have wondered why bother doing all that when they. An just hire someone who looks like Richard Kind. Which I get.

But also, Colin Farrell is always great.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The main thing I'm getting from the trailer is that it looks a LOT like Batman Begins. Not story-wise, just in the general aesthetic.

Like I know they'd never dare making a Batman movie that looks like Schumacher's again, but man, someone try for film noir or sleek late-60s thriller or something!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

live with fruit posted:

At the end of the day can you really do The Penguin without it being offensive in some respect? The gist of him is "lol, look at the fat guy with a hook nose."

Maxwell Lord posted:

Like I know they'd never dare making a Batman movie that looks like Schumacher's again

I feel like you could get close if you went cyberpunk with Gotham or used certain real and current Asian metropolises as inspiration.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

I feel like you could get close if you went cyberpunk with Gotham or used certain real and current Asian metropolises as inspiration.

Yeah, a Gotham City that looks like Shanghai would be really cool.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

Like I know they'd never dare making a Batman movie that looks like Schumacher's again, but man, someone try for film noir or sleek late-60s thriller or something!

To hear the hype machine tell it, this is a film noir Batman story.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Could probably get away with a more Burton gothic look, if you got the tone right and a director that could pull it off.

There not going to because got to fit everything into the bland style of shared cinematic universe and everything, but I think they probably could.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
A fun Batman movie would be a change of pace. Something with a competent Batman taking on colorful villains in a standalone story. So basically another Schumacher movie.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You can call the those movies a lot of things, but fun ain’t one of em

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So are we finally going to find out what makes Batman Batman?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

You can call the those movies a lot of things, but fun ain’t one of em

Batman Forever is pretty fun and good.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lobok posted:

This is pretty much what a Batman Beyond movie would be.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Madkal posted:

This is pretty much what a Batman Beyond movie would be.

From your mouth to WB's ears.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

live with fruit posted:

Batman Forever is pretty fun and good.

If your opinion is that camp is fun regardless of content I guess

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

If your opinion is that camp is fun regardless of content I guess

It gets silly but Forever isn't camp. It's actually very easy to read it as a continuation of Keaton's Batman and the themes Burton explored. Batman and Robin, on the other hand, I will not defend.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Batman Forever has the best soundtrack

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

live with fruit posted:

It gets silly but Forever isn't camp. It's actually very easy to read it as a continuation of Keaton's Batman and the themes Burton explored. Batman and Robin, on the other hand, I will not defend.

Forever had Carrey who was hamming it up to levels never thought possible and Tommy Lee Jones trying to outham him. It was the full blown campy stupidity that Batman and Robin was but it was definitely heading in that direction.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

live with fruit posted:

Batman never gets campy but the villians are arguably more campy than BR

It’s close tho

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Madkal posted:

Forever had Carrey who was hamming it up to levels never thought possible and Tommy Lee Jones trying to outham him. It was the full blown campy stupidity that Batman and Robin was but it was definitely heading in that direction.

It's not like DeVito and Pfeiffer were playing it straight in Returns. The Penguin bites someone's nose off and rides a mini-Batmobile so I'd say Carrey and Jones' performance aren't that big of a departure. Schwarzenegger and Thurman are a different story because they speak exclusively in quips.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The issue I had with Forever is that they kept trying to get all serious with Bruce Wayne seeing a therapist and Nicole Kidman wanting to gently caress Batman specifically. At least Batman & Robin is 100% HAM.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBEz-wfq8Ew

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJADOqwmc3I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Batman Forever has the worst villain portrayals of the franchise for sure. Riddler barely riddles, he kind of just... Jim Carreys. And then Two Face is a complete afterthought, he pretty much sits next to Riddler giggling