Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I named the big horse HORSEDORF and the white one Zelda so I could LOL at the whistling out of range message

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

superjew posted:

I mean, is it ever really your horse? Like, can you really own a digital representation of a horse?

NSC, Nintendo Stable Coin...no not that sort of stable coin but a Stable coin.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Elephant Ambush posted:

I think they mean that taming a horse is time consuming and annoying and not fun.

Easiest way to get the horse you want is to ice arrow it and mount/soothe when it unfreezes.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

It was Nintendo‘s first attempt at making a massive open world exploration game. Considering everything they got right, it’s easy to forgive some quirkiness with the horses.

Sounds like someone never played Zelda 1 in in 1988.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://i.imgur.com/umqEsxH.mp4
Eh, jus walk it off, you'll be fine

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://i.imgur.com/umqEsxH.mp4
Eh, jus walk it off, you'll be fine

Every time I see one of these I hear in my head Homer falling down Springfield Gorge

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I wonder if Nintendo will explain where Link's bike is in BOTW 2, did Maz Koshia just come and take it back after Calamity Ganon died?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Judge Tesla posted:

I wonder if Nintendo will explain where Link's bike is in BOTW 2, did Maz Koshia just come and take it back after Calamity Ganon died?
It went to the same place where Link's weapons always go between games when it's the same incarnation of him.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

Every time I see one of these I hear in my head Homer falling down Springfield Gorge

https://i.imgur.com/gsBP8z2.mp4
OH MY GOD

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

lmao

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

:lol:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Judge Tesla posted:

Zelda took it apart to study it and Link has no idea how to put it back together.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My first horse was named Randy and he was a good boy

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Mine was named Sally. She was brown and white and very gentle. I named her Sally because every time I rode her we would sally forth.

I still have her registered and boarded in a stable and once in a while I'll take her out for a ride and pet her and feed her apples and carrots.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

I just don't like how the horses *feel* in this game, they feel like lumbering city buses that make traversal clunkier and less fun even if they're technically faster than running around on foot. I don't know if they're different in past games, or if I've just played enough other games with more agile horseriding now that the Zelda horse style just doesn't work for me any more.
yeah i know it owns

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

In my limited experience horses are huge lumbering inconveniences that make everything a giant hassle, so BotW horses track.

Judge Tesla posted:

Same old story: enlisted guy buys some hot ride and can’t keep up with the payments.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

My first (well only so far) horse this playthrough is named Specks because it's a speckled horse

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

jisforjosh posted:

My first (well only so far) horse this playthrough is named Specks

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I remember first horse was named Murry and I later had a black one named Arthur after the Fonz.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Loucks posted:

In my limited experience horses are huge lumbering inconveniences that make everything a giant hassle, so BotW horses track.

Play Shadow of the Colossus

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Is it possible to get a horse into the great plateau?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

There is a DLC item that you eventually can get that allows for horse teleportation, so yes.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb-pVeBBspI

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lol, I just woke up the horse god and he got mad at me for not owning any horses :rip:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

hatty posted:

Still seems pretty twinky to me
Yeah, that's like, the picture in the encyclopedia next to the Twink entry.

bear named tators
Dec 16, 2006

.:.::HONKIN A POTATO::.:.
Horse names so far:

- Paste
- Bronk
- Porkchop
- Spaghetti

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Just got a new chocolate brown pony and I named him Gravypant.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol, I just woke up the horse god and he got mad at me for not owning any horses :rip:

Seems weird a god would want his people enslaved by another species.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Horse God is just the job. Horses are absolutely crap at worship and offerings. They can't even tell each other about you. You want quality worship, you need someone with hands and language.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

sigher posted:

Seems weird a god would want his people enslaved by another species.

Please, the horse is the one in charge of the relationship.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I still don't like the 1/4-heart challenge at the start of Champion's Ballad, but running up and snacking the poo poo out of a surprise Guardian using the Obliterator is pretty satisfying :black101:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I really like that challenge and I'm bummed I didn't keep a save file so I could redo it easily.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I can't stand it, I'm just not good enough at the game to handle one-hit combat so I have to keep retrying each area. And I'm sick of the shrines resetting you back to the start because I have to run through them a dozen times, and I get frustrated and start making stupid mistakes like walking into spikes or off a cliff. It just feels like something that should be its own sidequest, not the gate for a bunch of other fun content and a neat reward.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

The secret is, there's no rule against just sniping poo poo with bows

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gruckles posted:

Please, the horse is the one in charge of the relationship.

In my experience only Link is the one that comes out of the relationship alive, so I'm not sure that applies to me personally.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Well I'm past the ome-hit challenge, now on to the fun stuff. I really like poking around the world trying to find sites based on the tiny little mask segments you're given.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

I can't stand it, I'm just not good enough at the game to handle one-hit combat so I have to keep retrying each area. And I'm sick of the shrines resetting you back to the start because I have to run through them a dozen times, and I get frustrated and start making stupid mistakes like walking into spikes or off a cliff. It just feels like something that should be its own sidequest, not the gate for a bunch of other fun content and a neat reward.

If you can kill Lynels, get their three arrow bows or if you’re lucky, a five arrow bow. Then spam the poo poo outta the trial with lightning arrows. Spam them over and over and stun the hell out of all of them. Then go in for the kill with one hit special weapon.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The Golux posted:

The secret is, there's no rule against just sniping poo poo with bows

Yeah I made that part of the game a sneaking and sniping game and I loved it.

But yeah there were parts of it that were frustrating as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah I made that part of the game a sneaking and sniping game and I loved it.

But yeah there were parts of it that were frustrating as well

Basically I found two sections doable and two really tough. It wasn't bad when I could find a good perch to take out most of the group at range, but I had trouble with the other two because I ended up having to go in at closer range to find everyone. Then I'd either get taken out by a surprise arrow or one of the more aggro enemies before I could manage to obliterate them.

Or bump into a spiked fortification while fleeing in terror from them :v: