Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Shibawanko posted:

theres probably a discord full of anime girl avatar weirdos that keep track of this thread because every once in a while a different one wanders in here to self-victimize in the fun dumb opinions thread. either that or it's the same person

i like the fact you immediately jumped to a conspiracy lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

The ps5 controller feels better than the ps4 controller. But it looks like a prototype that is unfinished

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

alexandriao posted:

The ps5 controller feels better than the ps4 controller. But it looks like a prototype that is unfinished

the truth

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
PHUO: the PS controller is always the worst controller of any mainstream console generation.

PHUO 2: the best controllers are the N64 and the Duke.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

alexandriao posted:

i like the fact you immediately jumped to a conspiracy lol

alexandriao posted:

You say that like I didn't come here for obviously true milquetoast takes like "mayo with paprika in is better than straight mayo" rather than the white nationalist adjacent bs that people have been steering towards thusfar.

Make no mistake, these are shallow attempts to test the waters with right wing beliefs and slowly figure out how blatant they can be about them in these here forums. Like, we already know the forums are being stalked by Kiwifarms trash, we are already of Interest, for whatever dumb reason (Mostly so they can stalk trans folks). And I've already seen a dozen or so left-wing voices die down in the thread as they tire of combating this.

?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Blue Moonlight posted:

PHUO: the PS controller is always the worst controller of any mainstream console generation.

PHUO 2: the best controllers are the N64 and the Duke.

lol bullshit the n64 controller is the absolute worst. the duke feels nice but has a bad D-pad

dualshocks are well designed i guess but their build quality seems to be poor, or at least i always seem to find broken ones

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The DS4 is super swag but it could be a little bigger. The real goat controller is the madcatz micro GameCube controller.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

the best controller ever is obviously the snes controller, a triumph of controller design

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
The best controller is the mouse and keyboard.

Sorry, that's not so much an unpopular opinion as it is an objective fact.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The best controller is the Wavebird.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

thetoughestbean posted:

Buddy I thought that wanting to go back to previous technological states was also stupid, I just think that saying people with stupid opinions I don’t like must be centrist middle managers is stupid

Why? I said that a fair old number of the opinions expressed here are/were dull and seemed to come from the same place as a lot of mid level "achtually " style commentators. You can be a communist and still be a middle manager grousing about the state of the world because "things have to be just so and if not its getting reported".

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

credburn posted:

The best controller is the mouse and keyboard.

Sorry, that's not so much an unpopular opinion as it is an objective fact.

Keyboard is for people who can't afford a joystick.

*slips on shades and throws finger guns Commodore-64-ishly

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The best controller is N64 dual-wielded in the star wars podracing game.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

https://twitter.com/leonidragozin/status/1486624658585800705

C'mon ukraine die for the tainment

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The Dreamcast controller goes hard but they put the cord on the bottom for some reason

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

alexandriao posted:

I thought I would hate the adaptive trigger but I got used to it pretty quickly and it’s kind of neat to have some tactile variation

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I have s ps5 and a xbox sx sitting next to each other and I think this might be the ugliest console generation

A ufo sitting next to a small trash can

Nice to have no fan noise though

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I really like the PS4 controller, but I can no longer abide micro-USB

If it ain't USB-C, it ain't poo poo

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Shibawanko posted:

having a big dick is more important than knowing how to use it. raw horsepower trumps fancy penis movements every time

Fingers and tongue combo renders the dick if not irrelevant, at least at shared 1st place. At least when it comes to actual usage, aesthetics are another thing though...

doverhog has a new favorite as of 19:22 on Jan 28, 2022

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Gaius Marius posted:

The Dreamcast controller goes hard but they put the cord on the bottom for some reason

came here to say this exact thing

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Powered Descent posted:

To get this thread back on track, I shall reveal what is almost certainly my least popular, most widely-despised opinion:

Breakfast cereal with milk on it is gross. It's much better dry.
Fail (at unpopularity). I haven't had milk on cereal for decades. I ate it dry when I was still in high school.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The government is hoping for a war with russia for the same reasons the US government always wants war, but with the specific added incentive that they're planning on causing another Volcker Shock soon and they know if they don't have something big to distract everyone, Democrats won't win a national election for 20 years.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Political opinions should go to the political opinion forums, imo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Someone should give me 200€.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Someone should give me 200€.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Male historians and history teachers should have beards. It gives them more credibility because it makes them look like they could be from the past.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gripweed posted:

Male historians and history teachers should have beards. It gives them more credibility because it makes them look like they could be from the past.

:hmmyes:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

A truly wise opinion

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I like beards, and have had one for 10? years. Do they really look like they come from the past anymore? Seem pretty common now, though perhaps not quite as fashionable as a few (less than 10) years ago.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Personally, I don't think the United States and the Russian Federation should have a war. That seems like a real bad time for everyone involved, and frankly I don't want to get drafted!

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Very few people want a war, and you would not get drafted in any case. If the conflict escalated to that stage nukes would already have been used so draft is not gonna be an issue.

Does that mean that Putin must be appeased at any cost, that NATO must withdraw from Estonia and Poland? That would be like giving him license to attack Finland any time he feels like it. No thanks.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

If I were an alien i would just dissolve all nukes and millitary buildings and munitions. Full 2001 space baby poo poo. Start using those forces to solve the logistical problems around distributing the ample food that you have or else, fuckers

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

christmas boots posted:

I thought I would hate the adaptive trigger but I got used to it pretty quickly and it’s kind of neat to have some tactile variation

Ah I bought a PS5 controller by itself so I could lie back from the PC. It feels objectively nicer in the hand than the prior dualshocks, but I haven't met a game that uses the kernel support for haptics yet so I haven't really got to try it out :(

doverhog
May 31, 2013

alexandriao posted:

If I were an alien i would just dissolve all nukes and millitary buildings and munitions. Full 2001 space baby poo poo. Start using those forces to solve the logistical problems around distributing the ample food that you have or else, fuckers

Seems kind of a Joker alien, that would dissolve human civilization and lol out, instead of sending drones or whatever to handle how it's all handled. Without that you would have a lot of local wars using primitive weapons.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The government should prove the moon landing was real by doing it again.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

alexandriao posted:

Sounds like the plot to The Day The Earth Stood Still.

If I were an alien I’d go around in a tiny UFO like it was a buggy

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

alexandriao posted:

Actually you'd be too busy fighting me, another alien in this scenario. I'm using my spaceships to stalemate you as a troll.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
If I were an alien I’d just do dumb alien poo poo to mess with earthlings and drive ‘em nuts

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Gripweed posted:

The government should prove the moon landing was real by doing it again.

They have. A few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

alexandriao posted:

There are no logistical problems (of that scale). The problem is capitalists being alive.