Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

DrPlump posted:

I gotta say I have been reading this thread since the very beginning but not participate much due to the violent race based bullying I have received based on it. But I have to STRONGLY disagree with your strategy of this covid thing. I have been 100% honest about my experiences with this virus and have only been sexually bullied and silenced as a result. Sorry dont want to "offend" anyone here but y'all are 100% certifiably wrong pussies.

shut the gently caress up nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Noted Liberal Midwest journalist capitulates to the anti maskers

https://twitter.com/schmangee/status/1487101847529791492

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

shut the gently caress up nerd

suck my dick you fuckman

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

a_pineapple posted:

lol

https://twitter.com/schmangee/status/1487149696619630600

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

This person is now a Resident Evil boss

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

a_pineapple posted:

https://twitter.com/schmangee/status/1487101847529791492

Everytime i see these things i mentally replace mask with pants

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

My balls man! They remain sweaty shriveled. Tucked away all these years like some forgotten produce. Oh how they long for the light of day.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nothus posted:

Also positive at-home antigen tests don't show up in any of the official stats. :eng101:

this is the real point of them sending the tests lol

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

just remembered I went to a Starbucks drivethru last week and they had a sign at the walkup window that it was drivethru only due to lack of staff and then I noticed there were multiple employees double masked with two surgicals as well as single surgicals and cloth masks

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

the new Sphongle album not looking too great

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Acelerion posted:

Everytime i see these things i mentally replace mask with pants

kinda biologically true though. we wear underwear, because our orifices leak. masks just prevent the miasma from leaking in.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

i think it'd be funnier if "gently caress your feelings" was "you can live!" instead

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
twitter idiots have a point. as a former retail worker, wearing a mask for 9 hours a day loving sucks. if we're gonna have to wear a mask for the rest of our lives because we have no organized and meaningful covid strategy beyond wear a mask id be loving pissed.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
checked the mail again still no sign of my loving test just like the 600 biden owes me

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Alexander_Tin/status/1487148282518413315

jesus christ

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nothus posted:

Also positive at-home antigen tests don't show up in any of the official stats. :eng101:

i self-report my results to the state so that they do :smug:

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i think it'd be funnier if "gently caress your feelings" was "you can live!" instead

<3

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

:yeshaha:

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Ammanas posted:

twitter idiots have a point. as a former retail worker, wearing a mask for 9 hours a day loving sucks. if we're gonna have to wear a mask for the rest of our lives because we have no organized and meaningful covid strategy beyond wear a mask id be loving pissed.

nah wearing a mask owns: hide ugliness, do weird things with your mouth, a e s t h e t i c s, mouthing words you wish you could say, reducing chances of even common cold

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish

Two hours for grocery shopping? Goddamn, get a system.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Hedenius posted:

I'm sure you've talked about this for the last few hundred pages but I was astonished when I learned that the big Biden program to send tests to everyone in the US was that self test antigen stuff. I assumed that if millions of Americans sent in their PCR-tests at once it would overwhelm the system and they've been waiting until they had more lab capacity. I was actually dumb enough to think that the Biden administration had built up some kind of infrastructure.

lol no the us federal government's covid response started literally three or four weeks ago. they're starting from scratch. there was a story for example of someone at the cdc saying "we're thinking about setting up a website for people to report their rapid test results and we're looking into how we can do that"

the government's policy was that the pandemic was over last summer. biden apparently changed his mind around the new year, possibly because the back-to-back-to-back of psaki mocking the idea of sending americans stuff to help, the cdc telling everyone you have to go back to work after 5 days, and biden's own "there is no federal response" quote might have finally broke the illusion of his admin being a joke for even some loyal dems.

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

i realized that gently caress your feelings is already a ... thing.
but i was too lazy to save-as so i just did a screenshot.
the perfect harmony in lazy and 'good point'

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/SquawkCNBC/status/1487053423241568262

YOU WORK FOR THE COMPANY

DOES THE UPDATED VACCINE WORK AGAINST BA.2 OR NOT?

gently caress

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Fireside Nut posted:

:( Has it gotten any better for you?

Mine doesn't seem to be an everyday thing, and also seems to correlate with my stress levels. (My childhood experiences with it were similar, def tied to stress, for me - which doesn't bode well for me being so aware during plague times)

It isn't debilitating me, and it stabilizes after a while.

Maybe its all in my head, but I def already have those conditions, was diagnosed multiple times, including by one of the 2 leading dysautonomia research clinics in the states.

fwiw, I'm a "fit" guy, was highly athletic in my youth. Haven't been riding bike so much recently, def drink too much, and stopped smoking ciggies in favor of vape like 5 years ago. I'm not in the best physical shape, just not trash either.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

thank god, that means the pandemic will be over faster

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/SquawkCNBC/status/1487053785109352453

Yeah "COVID Season", as if we're not going to have 3 or 4 COVID seasons every year

CPU Abuser
Oct 3, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 90 days!

Bullfrog posted:

Some places where you could bonk your head or face but not really. I agree it's really loving dumb.

Yeah, the whole last work season I relied on Powecoms and successfully avoided infection but I'm sick of having to keep buying them + I don't trust the seal after getting sweaty as hell

I could never get the nose area to seal on Powecoms.

Soooo glad I switched to Auras.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

AppleNippleBOB posted:

Can confirm. It sucks

hopefully this gives you some hope, but while i never lost my sense of taste, I did lose my sense of smell; in just over a month it's mostly back now

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I dropped the liquid sample into the test and it immediately burst into flames is this good news?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Ammanas posted:

we're going to be allowed to wear a mask in democrat run areas, and have literally no other COVID strategy after this winter

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

we're going to be allowed to wear a mask in democrat run areas, and have literally no other COVID strategy after this winter

blanket denial is a strategy

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:hmmyes:

https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1487154662809739269

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

saints gambit posted:

Two hours for grocery shopping? Goddamn, get a system.

Some of that time is for Starbucks

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

cr0y posted:

I dropped the liquid sample into the test and it immediately burst into flames is this good news?

mine shrieked and skittered down the hall

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

tbf when I snapped on my friend yesterday I told him to just go out and succ n fucc if he's so miserable he's a suicide risk. What's the point of avoiding dying from covid if you're just gonna kill yourself anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

cr0y posted:

if your sample line doesn't pop in before the control I'm sorry to report you have bitchmade covid and your ribosomes suck