Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

You cannot convince me this isn't Butkus hisself writing these tweets. I refuse to be convinced otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whoop my rear end

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You cannot convince me this isn't Butkus hisself writing these tweets. I refuse to be convinced otherwise.

I choose to believe

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

they are the best tweets

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

BrownThunder posted:

No one cares except for Bengals fans because Rams fans abandoned the team when they moved, California is a poo poo state for clowns, and the rare good Bengals fan is less audible than usual because they have a bunch of newfound bandwagon fans.

That being said the biggest losers no matter the outcome is the Browns fanbase. They can inhale copium and say “I love Ohio!!! Go Ohio team!” But their choices are:

1. The team that turned around a cursed Frank he’s in 2 drafts despite your Cleveland doody crew having like 20 of the same drafts and ending up with nothing

2. OBJ going to do insanely rude donuts for being 100% right getting out of Cleveland and the other joke franchise, the Lions, showing that they are a quicksand of bullshit for good players and the MOMENT they escape, greatness lays down on them

Go rams

I thought we were boys. I’m so sad now

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

bows1 posted:

I thought we were boys. I’m so sad now

I mean no malice. But division rules state I cannot root for the Bengals. Besides even if the Bengals don’t win THIS super bowl they will absolutely be back again.

G O RAMMIES

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

BrownThunder posted:

Besides even if the Bengals don’t win THIS super bowl they will absolutely be back again.

Everyone says this about the new hotness at QB making their first SB and then they usually never make it again.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
SUUUUUUPER
BOOOOOOWWLLLLLLL

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

It's today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH1S2e9TmWU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Video is not available.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
When's the big game?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Might be geoblocked, it's just Explosions in the Sky

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

nawilo_420 posted:

When's the big game?

Party Boat posted:

It's today!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
it’s crazy how fast the Bengals have turned around their cursed Frank he’s

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad my good friend BT has joined me in using speech to text. Let's go the Cincinnati Bengals Frank he's.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
https://youtu.be/Gz-67e63FmU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Some say that the Super Bowl represents the "Super Bowl" of online football posting

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean isn’t this the minimum you should be doing with an aging but still elite QB?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1492868781722390530

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Spend...money? It's just crazy enough to work!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
mailing my check to lambeau today

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Diva Cupcake posted:

I mean isn’t this the minimum you should be doing with an aging but still elite QB?

It absolutely is. The Bucs did it last year and managed to keep the entire starting Super Bowl team together and would've done it again had he not retired.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

wandler20 posted:

It absolutely is. The Bucs did it last year and managed to keep the entire starting Super Bowl team together and would've done it again had he not retired.

Keep the faith.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's nice the Packers are running it back but I don't know how much of a difference it'll make for the 2022 team over the 2021 team. I guess we'll have more healthy players? *knocks on plastic "wood", the only wood you can get nowadays*

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Wasn’t this years Packers defense the best performing unit they’ve had since the Super Bowl run?

Hell they held the Juggernaut Jimmy G offense to just 6 points.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
They nearly beat the Chiefs on the road the one week Rodgers missed because of that D.

Coincidentally that week also kind of painted the picture of why you do everything you can to keep Rodgers and not hand things over to Jordan Love.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Spend...money? It's just crazy enough to work!

Yeah but it's the Packers so it will be something stupid like giving Jordan Love a front loaded extension or drafting a backup kicker.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Idk maybe after 11 years of playoff disappointments (a decade of spectacular failure one might say) it’s not simply the Packers continually letting Rodgers down.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Rodgers just isn’t a winner tbh

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I’ve seen quite a bit of comparison between Rodgers and Mike Trout over the last couple years in the vein of “why can’t these all world talents find playoff success, must be how neither has a good enough team around them” and I think it goes without saying that that is completely nonsensical.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’ve seen quite a bit of comparison between Rodgers and Mike Trout over the last couple years in the vein of “why can’t these all world talents find playoff success, must be how neither has a good enough team around them” and I think it goes without saying that that is completely nonsensical.

I see you baiting the hook and I will not bite, troll

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I see you baiting the hook and I will not bite, troll

Well my point is that with Trout it’s actually true.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Personally I'd like to see the Packers trade Love for two or three firsts and have the NFL grant them some cap relief as a thank you for not only continuing to showcase Rodgers in the NFLs premier franchise but also allowing another team to highlight another career all pro that they can market alongside him.

Seems only fair and good imo

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
TODAY, JOHN MATTHEW STAFFORD AND THE LOS ANGELES RAMS ARE GOING TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL TODAY

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

today I will return to DC after beating the NY add on in Division 2

might cook some wings in the air fryer but that's as close as I'll get. Ain't getting covid to watch Rams Bengals I can tell you that

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

sean10mm posted:

Everyone says this about the new hotness at QB making their first SB and then they usually never make it again.

Panthers fan?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Diva Cupcake posted:

And yet, the amount of guff the Saints got for doing this for Drew's last years.... :rolleyes:

FICKLE...all of you are FICKLE, I say.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

sean10mm posted:

I'm thinking of Cam right now

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Burrow would jump on the ball

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
I'm very Rob Lowe about this superbowl. If the Rams win it's Stafford and OBJ getting out of poo poo franchises and on to glory; if it's the Bengals then good for the long suffering Bengals fans plus Borrow seems cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
When you look at franchises it makes all the sense in the world to root for the Bengals. Looking at the individual players I'm compelled strongly to root for the Rams. Eric Weddle retirement to Super Bowl story rules. Stafford reaching the promised land after languishing on the Lions is kind of nice. Andrew Whitworth losing his likely last chance at a Super Bowl to the long suffering franchise he gave most of his career to would be pretty cruel.