Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Lining up in shotgun on 4th and 1, and throwing the pass, while not even showing the possibility of QB sneak was the worst play-call in a Super Bowl since Seattle threw the ball.

Not wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SourKraut posted:

The NFL is a rigged and scripted league whose sole purpose is enrichment of its owners. Nothing is going to happen to Ross

He did the one thing that endangers the script.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The real galaxy brain move would be to have your QB that’s playing on a hosed up knee that everyone in the stadium knows about fake a sneak and then try to drop back in the face of pressure that’s getting through the middle almost instantly.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Do some wildcat-type poo poo IMO.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The real galaxy brain move would be to have your QB that’s playing on a hosed up knee that everyone in the stadium knows about fake a sneak and then try to drop back in the face of pressure that’s getting through the middle almost instantly.

Little known fact, when you line up under center you can also present the possibility of a RB run in a 1 yard situation

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
On one hand, the Bengals probably don’t sniff the Super Bowl this year without Ja’Marr Chase.

On the other hand, Joe Burrow got sacked a billion times this season and his complete lack of an O-line was a major reason the Bengals lost said Super Bowl.

Penei Sewell could’ve protected Joe Burrow’s blind side for over a decade and been a Pro Bowler whilst doing so.

Not sure how long Joe Burrow’s gonna be ambulatory if he gets sacked 60+ times a season.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Little known fact, when you line up under center you can also present the possibility of a RB run in a 1 yard situation

You can also run out of shotgun.

They had Burrow in shotgun after his leg got hurt because he couldn’t move. Putting him under center would have basically been committing to a run, like the one that got stopped for no gain on the previous play.

But quibbling over the play call is loving stupid because when you can’t run for a yard and you also can’t pass protect long enough to get a quick pass off then you’re basically hosed and the Bengals proved on consecutive plays that they couldn’t do either.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lmao yes, you can run out of the shotgun, nothing gets by you BUT your sarcastic rear end snark was about a qb sneak.

Just to be clear you realize the difference between the two in threat to run on a 4th and 1 right? ...right?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Carnotaurus posted:

Barry Sanders retired at 31.

Luck just turned 32

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Luke probably doesn't remember his last couple times on the field so I'm not sure how much he had left to give

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Super Bowl is permanently moving to Dallas because the NFL doesn’t want teams playing in their home stadium ever again.

im sure this joke has been made 100 times but I like it okay

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1493065465962262535?t=VNQrKDWkfRUYZmFNyfod_A&s=19

Hell of a day for him lol

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
Kupp must’ve had a concussion. I know they don’t check for those things but he didn’t look like he was feeling great. I didn’t see him get checked out in the tent. Similar to Edelman.

Marklar fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Feb 14, 2022

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Marklar posted:

Kupp must’ve had a concussion. I know they don’t check for those things but he didn’t look like he was feeling great. I didn’t see him get checked out in the tent. Similar to Edelman.

Everything he did post game I'd compare to someone showing up to work very hung over and trying not to look it.

Like, he seemed foggy and not truly ecstatic in interviews, they showed a brief clip of his wife/gf/whomever trying to kiss on him while his kids were playing and he was just entirely like 'not now I have a headache' about it.

Just looked blitzed.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The injuries to OBJ and Burrow really put a damper on the game, though arguably OBJ getting hurt is the only thing that gave the Bengals a chance in the first place.

Getting away with trying to rip off Jalen Ramsey's head and having it result in a 10 point swing was probably the biggest thing that gave them a chance.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Gonz posted:

On one hand, the Bengals probably don’t sniff the Super Bowl this year without Ja’Marr Chase.

On the other hand, Joe Burrow got sacked a billion times this season and his complete lack of an O-line was a major reason the Bengals lost said Super Bowl.

Penei Sewell could’ve protected Joe Burrow’s blind side for over a decade and been a Pro Bowler whilst doing so.

Not sure how long Joe Burrow’s gonna be ambulatory if he gets sacked 60+ times a season.

I'll say this about Burrow--most guys who are getting sacked close to 10 times a game against good defenses don't look as good as he did doing it. He never fumbled the ball or made a truly dumb throw in either the Titans game or Rams game from what I saw.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Big Beef City posted:

Everything he did post game I'd compare to someone showing up to work very hung over and trying not to look it.

Like, he seemed foggy and not truly ecstatic in interviews, they showed a brief clip of his wife/gf/whomever trying to kiss on him while his kids were playing and he was just entirely like 'not now I have a headache' about it.

Just looked blitzed.

That’s because the Bengals committed personal fouls on him basically every play at the end of the game.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Have we considered that Kupp was simply vibing post game

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/zabdydbaz/status/1472817432175656961?s=20&t=VMv6OErJHzgDeysWmQCxTQ

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Some
Outstanding
Superbowl
Achievement
Rams

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Yeah the high road is being a former Ravens fan and thinking somehow you are superior to other peasants

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gonz posted:

This is hilarious to me because if the Bengals had Penei Sewell there, Quentin Spain still gets beaten badly by Aaron Donald and they still lose the game. The Bengal's LT isnt a world beater but he's not the problem.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

I was 11 when Dallas won their last superbowl.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/davidcanter/status/1493063429552160771?s=20&t=2eUMaoUOD0XPS01Hm0Vftg

Weddle is a tough motherfucker

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

McPherson is a cool motherfucker
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1493050451939504133?s=21

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Wonder if the Rams sustained success and an SB win while wheeling and dealing all their high picks away will make some front office people reconsider the value of first day picks.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Wonder if the Rams sustained success and an SB win while wheeling and dealing all their high picks away will make some front office people reconsider the value of first day picks.

Yes and it’ll backfire more often than not so it’ll be funny.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Bengals let down Joe Burrow, the people of Cincinnati, and Ohio in general.

But the real crime is that they robbed THIS man of the opportunity to kick a game-tying - and possible game-winning in OT - Super Bowl field goal.

Edit: I also like the pearl-clutching responses like a kicker being in the locker room is essential for halftime strategizing

Cthulu Carl fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 14, 2022

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Aren't the Rams going to implode now? I was under the impression that they can't keep everyone but have no facts to back that up.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's kinda funny how Pitt, a pretty mediocre program, produced the 2 best defensive players of the last 20 or so years in the NFL.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Aren't the Rams going to implode now? I was under the impression that they can't keep everyone but have no facts to back that up.

I think everyone expects Whitworth to retire so they'll need a LT. OBJ and Von Miller are rental players they'd like to keep but will be expensive if they do. Who knows about the Donald retirement rumor. They have a ton of other, not big name guys who are going to be free agents. I'd expect them to look quite a bit different next year one way or another.

But flags fly forever and if I were to imagine being a Rams fan I'd be ok with that even if they end up being just terrible for a couple of years.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

No and also who cares? They won the Super Bowl. That’s the objective.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Miller and Beckham are the two big name FAs. They will lose Miller but Beckham might take a team friendly deal to stay and they get Robert Woods back so the WRs will be okay either way. Otherwise it’s just signing or replacing some of the offensive linemen and some role players on defense.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Weddle and Whit are gonna retire but I have been told that Joe noteboom is a decent replacement for whit, Goff comes off the books (lol) and who knows what to do with OBJ with his knee. I think half their secondary are free agents as well. But if they don't have any more retirements, can bring back Von on a cheapish deal and do a couple restructures then they have enough going for them to run it back in a no good very bad NFC. But if all the retirement rumors for McVay and Donald are true then that bill might come for all of these win-now moves they made during the McVay era

Chucktesla fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Feb 14, 2022

Nov 6, 2002

Ornery and Hornery posted:

No and also who cares? They won the Super Bowl. That’s the objective.

Right? Like who wouldn't give up 3-4 years of playoff appearances for a Super Bowl win.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

But flags fly forever and if I were to imagine being a Rams fan I'd be ok with that even if they end up being just terrible for a couple of years.

Yeah, I'd absolutely be fine with an implosion and a few awful years in the wake of a Super Bowl win, that's a no-brainer trade in my mind. Instead, my team has lost Super Bowls and also imploded :shepface:

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Game was ok. Real super bowl was still Bills/Chiefs.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Donald and Whit retiring would clear up like 40+m in cap space for next year to sign whoever they want. Obviously they are better with Donald still playing but they aren't in salary cap hell or anything

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah the big name FAs/trades draw attention but the Rams have drafted/developed mid to late round talent really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah the big name FAs/trades draw attention but the Rams have drafted/developed mid to late round talent really well.

Yeah absolutely. I mean, Kupp?

But they have perhaps shown that teams put too much value on 1st round draft picks. And I think, outside of maybe QB or an elite pass rusher in the first round, they're right.