Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Sometimes an ad is breathtakingly cynical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Kanye doesn't want to cure cancer. Kanye wants to turn people into consumers of his ridiculous music device.

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

Brother Tadger posted:

You better tuck your chain talking like that

Haha, someone post that fyad cringe quote about chain snatching

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
You can't medicate away greatness, that's unethical

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022

Squidster posted:

Sometimes an ad is breathtakingly cynical.

the "actually spicy" line makes me think their previous attempt at a spicy chicken sandwich was openly mocked for its blandness, and now they have to put a disclaimer like "ACTUALLY SPICY THIS TIME YOU GUYS, FOR REAL NOW". They should be overspicing the hell out of those chicken patties, out of spite

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

this could all be avoided if the food industry would adopt a scientific capsaicin-based rating instead of subjective terms like "spicy" or "one out of three peppers"

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

also this is a white people restaurant so there's no way it's actually spicy

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022

BMan posted:

of course it is, they said so themself, in that exact wording, who goes on twitter to tell lies??

Barudak
May 7, 2007

KFC is an asian people restaurant, which is why the best tasting thing on their menu is their congee.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Gaius Marius posted:

Ye's done a lot of poo poo worth criticizing in the last couple days. Standing up for artists rights is not one of them. Ye's already loaded and can get the streams on Spotify to stay that way, it's the smaller artists that are so hurt by streaming, the margins are so much lower on it then they were on CD or vinyl. If this forces the streaming platforms to give a larger slice to the actual artists it's a massive win for all musicians.

Even traditional record sales barely paid artists, it's insane how little money goes to the ppeople actually doing the work when you look in any entertainment industry.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

No one man should have all that power

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

the "actually spicy" line makes me think their previous attempt at a spicy chicken sandwich was openly mocked for its blandness, and now they have to put a disclaimer like "ACTUALLY SPICY THIS TIME YOU GUYS, FOR REAL NOW". They should be overspicing the hell out of those chicken patties, out of spite

I’ve had their “Nashville Hot Chicken.” It’s pretty good but barely hot at all.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i havent listened to any of his music except the one song that was a theme song of a videogame level in Saints Row Three (that one was pretty good)
Karma chameleon?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

BMan posted:

this could all be avoided if the food industry would adopt a scientific capsaicin-based rating instead of subjective terms like "spicy" or "one out of three peppers"

unfortunately if food so much as existed in the same room as a bell pepper at some point and it doesn't get labeled spicy they will get review bombed by angry midwesterners upset that the restaurant tried to poison their babies with dangerous spices, why wasn't there a warning in the menu

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

the holy poopacy posted:

unfortunately if food so much as existed in the same room as a bell pepper at some point and it doesn't get labeled spicy they will get review bombed by angry midwesterners upset that the restaurant tried to poison their babies with dangerous spices, why wasn't there a warning in the menu

Bell peppers aren't spicy though? Are midwestern tongues that soft?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Zil posted:

Bell peppers aren't spicy though? Are midwestern tongues that soft?

No, what their doing is stretching the truth to make fun of the perceived lack of taste of Midwestern white Americans.

But I did date a Midwestern white American and she couldn't have black pepper in her potato soup because it was too hot. So in summary, maybe

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

There's plenty of exceptions to the weak Midwestern palate, but it's common enough that there's a reason it's a joke. Signed, a former "oof ow this sprinkle of black pepper hurts my tastebuds" Midwesterner

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
my mom once told me "watch out, I put a dash of Worcestershire in this so it might be spicy"

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

BMan posted:

Worse, it's in Canada, home of the Old El Paso Extra Mild Hard Taco Dinner Kit.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

chitoryu12 posted:

I’ve had their “Nashville Hot Chicken.” It’s pretty good but barely hot at all.

I've had Prince's in Nashville. It's pretty good but barely hot at all.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

"Zesty", huh? I don't know...

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Gaius Marius posted:

No, what their doing is stretching the truth to make fun of the perceived lack of taste of Midwestern white Americans.

But I did date a Midwestern white American and she couldn't have black pepper in her potato soup because it was too hot. So in summary, maybe

My aunt used white pepper instead of black pepper because it "didn't have heat"

It wasn't successful in my opinion, but I was a kid so I don't know if it's valid or if she was an idiot. I have personally never used white pepper.

...should I be using white pepper? Am I missing out on something?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I generally find it hotter than black so don't know what her deal is

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Sounds racist to me.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Brawnfire posted:

It wasn't successful in my opinion, but I was a kid so I don't know if it's valid or if she was an idiot. I have personally never used white pepper.

Depends on the dish. To me, white pepper has a flavor profile more similar to capsaicin.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Silly Newbie posted:

Depends on the dish. To me, white pepper has a flavor profile more similar to capsaicin.

yeah, white pepper does not taste as "peppery" as black pepper but it's got more of a generic (still mild) heat

it's good, you should get some

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Brawnfire posted:

White pepper is the same fruit as black pepper. The difference is that white pepper is picked ripe and the skin is removed. Not too dissimilar to the difference between green and white tea for example.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I prefer Kanye talk over I love spicy poo poo I swear I’m the good white discussion

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I ate some food onc e

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ye just publicly fired someone and is posting rants about people indoctrinating Kim with liberal beliefs

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I ate some food onc e

hosed up if true

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

I prefer Kanye talk over I love spicy poo poo I swear I’m the good white discussion

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
since we're talking about spicy foods, I bought "extra hot" japanese curry mix, and it wasnt particularly hot.

I can only imagine how cold the lower three tiers are. (Mild, Med Hot, Hot)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is a really good album and I miss when Kanye was just the regular kind of egotistical rear end in a top hat

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
Kanye recently was cozying up to Candance Owens, who 'stood up' for him about fighting for fathers rights and poo poo. Makes sense when you think about it.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Tidal is failed? I've been using it recently because I'm annoyed with Spotify, and while the free version is pretty limited, it also only has ads for Tidal premium, which are pretty tolerable. It also introduced me to We Were Promised Jetpacks, who are extremely good.

Tidal is problematic. Their in-house "mqa" format doesn't do what they claim it does, sound quality-wise, and they're going out of their way to hide it from everyone in the usual "make it hard to test, and when someone finds out that Tiday's lying about it, go HARD at poo poo talking them." There are more than a few people who think that Tidal's endgame isn't to be a streaming service, it's to try and get the music labels to replace the freely available .mp3 format with .mqa, which is owned and controlled by Tidal.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

We Got Us A Bread posted:

There are more than a few people who think that Tidal's endgame isn't to be a streaming service, it's to try and get the music labels to replace the freely available .mp3 format with .mqa, which is owned and controlled by Tidal.

:stare:
Is that even realistic?

I'd think it was just silliness, but at the same time I've seen multiple new default image formats show up replacing simple jpgs and pngs, which somehow just barely work or require new libraries or whatnot on windows/android.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

:stare:
Is that even realistic?

I'd think it was just silliness, but at the same time I've seen multiple new default image formats show up replacing simple jpgs and pngs, which somehow just barely work or require new libraries or whatnot on windows/android.

Realistic? No. Something that music labels would bite on in a second to get that extra little bit of royalty from the file format that the music is encoded in? Absolutely. Surprised that it hasn't been tried before. Let's not forget that Tidal is now majority-owned by Jack Dorsey, former head of Twitter.

We Got Us A Bread has a new favorite as of 02:30 on Feb 20, 2022

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Given that the Australian Zinger burger has a heat level that's best described as "someone whispered to the chicken that white pepper exists moments before it died", I hope that this thing is actually worthwhile.

That said, the only McDonald's product that I've actually ever really enjoyed was the spicy crispy chicken they sold in China around '98-'99, and it was proper spicy. Like, after biting into it it would ooze oil that was red with chilli, and it compared favourably with actual Szechuan food in terms of how spicy it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Captain Hygiene posted:

Really? It seems like the web is beginning to settle on .webp as the universal new image format, and I think all the major browsers support it, aside from maybe iOS as they're always doing their own thing.