Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Frosted Flake posted:

Russia likely gave them a deadline confidentially, the more I think about it, or the wargames and military posture clearly signalled one.

Zelensky didn’t know what would happen when the clock ran out, NATO did, and they kept encouraging him while pulling everyone out.

i do wonder if a less supportive american/european posture might have led ukraine to write off the contested regions without a war

diplomatically we spent a lot of time talking about all the support we were sending but when push came to shove we always knew we wouldn't have any skin in the game

i think the funniest (to the extent possible) way this can all play out is if somehow russia fucks up this invasion or the blowback actually causes massive problems for putin

but i assume ukraine's going to get rolled and america will just look stupid for egging them on

it all sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

lumpentroll posted:

post a good post

you first

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lol now all the sudden arming Ukrainian insurgents is a big legal whoopsydoodle that we just cannot do because.

Democrats! They better hurry up and find a dem senator to be really dove so they can blame them and VOTE

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1496950054988492800

People in Kharkiv are taking shelter in the subway.

https://twitter.com/ELINTNews/status/1496948800929374213

A raging fire in Sumy, battle still ongoing.

imagine hiding out in the subway while your shiny unopened copy of eiden ring sits at home

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Ardennes posted:

Zelensky’s big issue is that he was elected as a moderate, and once he couldn’t follow through on Minsk 2, his popularity became to erode. If anything the more he pushed toward the nationalist side, the more his popularity suffered because a healthy chunk of his supporters were Russian speaking. Ukrainian neutrality really can’t last because there is too much internal/external pressure to end it even though most of the population would probably prefer it.

are there literally any popular politicians in ukraine at all right now im starting to wonder whether this low energy resistance is at least in part because people cant be bothered to think that their dumpster fire government is worth dying for

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Southpaugh posted:

w8in for eldin ring m8

Kind of done with "Soulslikes" for now myself tbh

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

guidoanselmi posted:

GOTY update patched out their voiceovers thou

A mirror hangs on the bathroom wall. It's barely covered in steam anymore. It's your face in the mirror -- adorned with "The Expression".

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Posting on hell page +1000

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

let people enjoy things

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

this is psychic warfare

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

It's a good combination of colors on a heraldic level, but is it literally supposed to represent the sky over a golden field of steppe wheat? Because that's pretty lmao basic

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Innocuous posted:

but i assume ukraine's going to get rolled and america will just look stupid for egging them on

i think this bizarre well actually we cant give the ukrainians weapons talking point from the biden administration out of nowhere is because they want to rewrite history and make it look like were just disinterested bystanders and not that we were actively giving zelensky terrible advice

given how the biden administration has long since given up trying to actually improve the country and just started to say theyve improved the country i can see why they would think that would work completely forgetting that the press of other countries arent going to go along with that since this time our bumblefuckery has actively made the situation worse for them too

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Kind of done with "Soulslikes" for now myself tbh

its Fromsoft tho????

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/3Dv2D/status/1496899378438545419

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

PawParole posted:

Chewbacca is Germany (kind of useless but would be cool if they did something for a change)

They participated in the last world war, they should probably sit this next one out.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

So what's the status of front? Doesn't seem like Russia will roll over the country in 48 hours anymore

Turns out last night was a ton of rumor mill stuff + disinfo campaigns. The Russians are doing well in the south but advance seems fairly slow elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/666_mancer

NSFW twitter but this one has been posting a bunch of combat/post-combat pics and videos and there's a lot more dead russians and destroyed/abandoned russian vehicles than i'd expect. That white striping is really useful for telling the two sides apart.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Some Guy TT posted:

oh were doing star wars? i got a good one putin is han solo and zelensky is greedo

oh i get it, because greedo shot (artillery into the separatist regions) first

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

so if the US does those 'next level' cyber attacks then Russia definitely nukes them in retaliation right?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

im having trouble parsing how sending the ukrainians weapons now is escalatory but sending them weapons for the few months before the invasion actually happened was just a nothingburger russia was being whiny about

Because now it's embarassing.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

CODChimera posted:

so if the US does those 'next level' cyber attacks then Russia definitely nukes them in retaliation right?

i imagine they'll just reply to the google-translated phishing emails with "nice try, cody!"

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

PawParole posted:

Donbass is like Harry Potter, who was abused by the Dursleys (Ukraine) for many years. And finally, he received a letter from Hogwarts (Russia), in which Dumbledore (Putin) recognizes him as a wizard (Russian) and sends Hagrid (the Russian army) after him.

Russia is like my OC, one day the bullies pushed him too far and he showed them his Dark Side...

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

never

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Russia is like my OC, one day the bullies pushed him too far and he showed them his Dark Side...

putin the hedgehog (& knuckles)

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Torpor posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackDetsch/status/1496953514387464196

Biden thinks he can’t send weapons to a country that is defending itself from foreign aggression? because of laws?

this is somehow the first time in American history that laws would prevent the Us from send weapons to someone.

what a bunch of spineless libs. they are literally scared of Russia.

i mean if you're looking for precedent in this area we did drop a missile on the head of iran's republican guard as payback for state sponsored insurgency

so the price of a bunch of russians getting blown up by american IEDs is probably going to be some fairly harmful asymmetric poo poo, cyberwarfare against infrastructure or worse

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Who's the mf a few booths down from me in this restaurant saying very cspam poo poo to his bro

Reveal yourself

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the harry potter analogy is better than it sounds since harry potter was also fighting voldemort he just did it really incompetently because nobody could be bothered to help him come up with an actual plan they just said welp prophecy says its either you or him well figure something out eventually

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The idea that Biden is suddenly backing out of feeding a Ukrainian insurgency is hilarious to me because I thought that was the plan. Bait Russia into a quagmire that drains their military and economic strength for years to come and thus helps prop up US hegemony for a while longer.

Instead, the US and NATO now look like total loving morons that actually believed history was still ended.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

paul_soccer12 posted:

Who's the mf a few booths down from me in this restaurant saying very cspam poo poo to his bro

Reveal yourself

thats me

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

boring war tbh hardly any updates and most of the poo poo on twitter is either unreliable or propaganda

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Just hit the "would us tolerate mexico shelling Texas???" Point

Also stop talking so everyone can hear you

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

rip

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Are there more teeth to the sanctions that I'm missing? I really thought the US would at least try harder on the sanctions. That's like the only thing the US has zeal for. The fact that they are even hedging on supplying arms is weird.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

How dare you make me Wheeler over Ma-Ti, you know how many pets I have.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/spignal/status/1496730671649538052

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
So it turns out if nato did literally anything they could have stopped russia advance? Oops Ahh well nevertheless

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

oscarthewilde posted:

a bunch of white guys make vaguely funny snarky comments and highly specific pop culture references while performing vaguely marxist but mostly just milquetoast left analysis?

Next you'll say they aren't even vanguardists

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

ram dass in hell posted:

let people enjoy things

never

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

spacemang_spliff posted:

This man walking free fills me with a deep loathing

A million dead Iraqis wasn't enough, he wants a million dead ukrainians too

There's really nobody I hate more than the swathes of american checkmarks that desperately want to fight russia to the last dead ukrainian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

CODChimera posted:

gently caress off dolphin