Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

a kitten posted:

I guess I expected the Two Fingers to be some kind of metaphor or something i guess :stonklol:

I wish it wasn't so drat hard to find out what the deal with the religion is. Theres even some sort of doctrinal schism but like gently caress if I know, just gonna pledge loyalty to the woman who wants to kill everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i’m cooping godrick and have died before the host every time. i’m sorry. (username: thebigbopper)

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Raygereio posted:

You need to "use" the animal item. Summoning spirits costs FP, so if the item is greyed out you may not have enough.

Ah, that's possible. I'm a dummy so I started out with a nakedboi, maybe still having just a 10 in whatever the FP stat is doesn't cover a summon, or I'd already used some through a weapon art.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Y'all I think the Land Between might be loving bumjacked.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

you probably should, there's a lot of good consumables and there's no reason not to

especially with how big elemental resists appear to be this time around

having a good supply of greases of various types is enormously helpful if you aren't a magic user

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone found a shop that sells lvl 1 smithing stones yet

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

Ah, that's possible. I'm a dummy so I started out with a nakedboi, maybe still having just a 10 in whatever the FP stat is doesn't cover a summon, or I'd already used some through a weapon art.

Theres a lot of restrictions on them, you should have enough FP default to summon all the early ones.

1) Need to have a summoning bell in your inventory
2) Need to "use" the ashes not equip it like a spell to a slot then cast using the bell
3) Can only be used in boss fights that have fog doors, and only if you have not maxed the amount of coop partners.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Vintersorg posted:

In the godrick castle. At the bonfire by the fire birds you go down by the bats and keep going down and down, find rats. Then… you find… you’ll see.

Good luck

Oh hey it's that thing! I've fought that thing before! Still a pain in the rear end but I was expecting something else.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

mcmagic posted:

Guys I think i'm gonna get my 60 bucks worth on this one...

I think it's almost criminal that this game is only $60.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I wasn't able to get started on this game until today
but all I have to say is game of the year, game of the god drat year

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Beasteh posted:

just kick his rear end sir

he isn't that hard just dodge and punch him until he goes down

watch out for his bleed swarm magic, point blank fire blast and triple hit club combo, plus he keeps trying to drink estus so knock him out of that

Hm good to know, first real crack at a Souls game because everything seems to suggest there's a bit more ways to learn

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

If anyones unhappy with the game, pony up two bills and buy a used switch and botw.

This game is an 8.5 for me. Botw is a certified ten.

I could write ten paragraphs explaining why. But just play the poo poo and see for yourself.

Metacritic score the same as botw though? Nicca pleaze.

Foolishness,

Foolishness

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

How does one get the better messages. I only have regular messages

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Walrus posted:

Anyone found a shop that sells lvl 1 smithing stones yet

You have to unlock this. Its the reward for beating the Lake Liurnia region mine, the one located near the giant walking legs with a building on top and a bell underneath. The boss is pitifully easy, dont worry about your damage output it will skyrocket after you break its stance once.

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

https://twitter.com/YoshiOfYellow/status/1498095946101579776

Actually here you go, here's a clip for anyone that wants to see with eyes unclouded by reality. Spoilers ahead. No idea how you actually get down there proper but when I found this by accident I was losing my mind.

I love how they set you up to find it by giving you an initial dead end until you realize you can parkour on the roofs and then you overshoot your jump and go wtf

Stormveil in general is amazing because they hid a ton of stuff behind jumping puzzles that they really force you to open your eyes and look to even find in the first place

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Orv posted:

There is no meaningful input delay, it’s the same thing From releases always get, somebody over rolling or animation locking themselves two feet from the boss and getting pasted.

wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwEwmoe2kfo

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Bread Set Jettison posted:

you can use a context key in the message window to swap between different message formats, check the bottom left for the button

speaking of multiplayer, has anyone figured out yet what's being used for matchmaking? i was hoping they'd done away with hard locking people to max weapon upgrade tiers and instead had some sort of level scaling option, but from's notorious obscurity makes it hard to tell

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Filthy Haiku posted:

Second rune bearer spoilers: The boss soul items are *such* a kick in the teeth, with a 60 and 70 int requirement for the spell and staff.
I think endgame characters in this are gonna typically be a lot higher level than in souls games, tbf

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Press Triangle or Y or whatever the top button is for you when you're making a message.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

By the by, people, weapons go up to +25, at around +12 you should be demolishing Godrick and Renala and their content, and able to take on most other things, regardless of stat investment. If you find a weapon you like power it up because thats where most of the damage comes from.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

My character rolls the exact instant I let go of my roll button.

Have you eliminated your controller as a possible culprit?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Barudak posted:

Theres a lot of restrictions on them, you should have enough FP default to summon all the early ones.

2) Need to "use" the ashes not equip it like a spell to a slot then cast using the bell
3) Can only be used in boss fights that have fog doors, and only if you have not maxed the amount of coop partners.

It’s not just fog doors, there are definitely places in the overworld you can summon ghosts. Mostly around minibosses like bears or giants as I can remember, also some places that just have a lot of enemies. And I couldn’t summon them even with one player already so I think it’s either or.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
this guy recorded on ps4, might be specific to that

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Holy poo poo. Whoever said Bloody slash is OP wasn't kidding. It's 100% gonna get patched out but for now it's the best eat poo poo dps ability I've seen by far

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Has anyone else's game been crashing more since the maintenance? Because mine's been crashing multiple times a session now and it sucks.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Yup. Tried fresh controllers and the previous games, it's not the same issue. Roommates tested it too with the same complaint.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

It’s not just fog doors, there are definitely places in the overworld you can summon ghosts. Mostly around minibosses like bears or giants. And I couldn’t summon them even with one player already so I think it’s either or.

Looks like you can't do it with humans, but AI coop partners you can summon more ashes.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

Well that could be it too, I was trying to do it just out in a field somewhere. So they're really more like boss-only NPC co-op summons than spells or items?

Orv
May 4, 2011

RevolverDivider posted:

Yup. Tried fresh controllers and the previous games, it's not the same issue. Roommates tested it too with the same complaint.

Tested it on the same TV and console or?

I'm not being a dick here, I'm curious what's causing it cause that's not the norm.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

Holy poo poo. Whoever said Bloody slash is OP wasn't kidding. It's 100% gonna get patched out but for now it's the best eat poo poo dps ability I've seen by far

Its insane. I was summoned to someone else world to fight a boss. The two other humans full spell build spamming magic did less combined than me spamming sword slash, a spell I can crank out like 10 times withou a single point invested in magic.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Mailer posted:

The only reason I haven't picked one is pre-release rumors that you could duplicate boss souls and I want both. Then I can make a GIF of how little damage it does.
You can, but afaik you don't need to be holding onto the boss soul. You can use it first, and then get a copy of it afterwards via the Walking Mausoleums with the bells.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Decided to try out the PvP effigy and some poor sap named Garfield summoned me right before Margit. I think he thought I was a co-op cause he summoned a gold dude and after I backstabbed him for 90% health after bowing (first-time FROM people pay attention.... ALWAYS bow and mash block when doing anything online) he started loving booking it down the long hallway lmao.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

IronicDongz posted:

There's also TV response time that has to get factored in, but Bloodborne had input delay so I wouldn't doubt if this is a PS4 specific problem.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

Well that could be it too, I was trying to do it just out in a field somewhere. So they're really more like boss-only NPC co-op summons than spells or items?

See the correction above, some overworld bosses allow it, but yes its a boss fight thing. Think of it as from making sure you always have an AI buddy available for any bossfight.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
A big power outtage happened in my area after I put several hours into the game after work.

It's finally back. Started it up. I lost every bit of progress I made when I loaded it back up. It's like all that time never happened. Very cool.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

There's been quite a few reports of this input delay happening on PS4 so it could be specific to that console but it is not the same as any of previous Soulsborn egames

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Still catching up on this thread but I'm really underwhelmed by sorceries so far this time around. I typically do a first run in Souls games as a spellcaster and it's always felt OP, but in ER I feel like anything significant can easily evade spells and I'm falling back on guard countering most bosses/minibosses with my straight sword. So then why be a spellcaster at all? I'm past Margit and still plinking away with the pebble spell when enemies aren't just outright dodging them, but even for the tougher mobs that aren't quite minibosses, it's coming back to sword and board. What am I missing this time around?

Also, where is there a spell vendor? I still haven't found one yet.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Macaluso posted:

A big power outtage happened in my area after I put several hours into the game after work.

It's finally back. Started it up. I lost every bit of progress I made when I loaded it back up. It's like all that time never happened. Very cool.

The real dark souls starts here

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

anyone else run into the death blade machine in the sealed tunnel lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

IronicDongz posted:

Im playing on a PS4 and that stuff doesn’t happen time so something is very wrong