Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I might have made a mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

since you're probable to get some poo poo, i'd like to say kudos, but also point you toward media literacy. read Killing Hope and check back in

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

don’t worry, there’s a lot of that going around lately!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

i say swears online posted:

since you're probable to get some poo poo, i'd like to say kudos, but also point you toward media literacy. read Killing Hope and check back in

Reminds me I haven't read that yet and I bought it like 4 years ago. Just sitting on my bookshelf. I should get to that one day.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Digital Jedi posted:

Reminds me I haven't read that yet and I bought it like 4 years ago. Just sitting on my bookshelf. I should get to that one day.

my dude, just dive in. the impetus to read more will resolve itself trust me

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Teriyaki Hairpiece is the kind of chump who would've fought in WW1.

Voluntarily??

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 18:12 on Feb 27, 2022

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Apropos of the worst people being right and the wrong lessons will be learned

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1497930993113739267?t=ngvXfCi3r3uHIWjX5Vcbnw&s=19

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nothus posted:

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1497930993113739267?t=ngvXfCi3r3uHIWjX5Vcbnw&s=19

I think the big requirement to get one of those high paying media jobs is to be able to type that without starting to bleed out of your eyeballs. Couldn't do it.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

It's understandable. Everything is chaotic right now and it's hard to make sense of things. I did not read anything in support of Putin's actions in the recent episode though.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Greg Legg posted:

It's understandable. Everything is chaotic right now and it's hard to make sense of things. I did not read anything in support of Putin's actions in the recent episode though.

Yeah, same. The vibe I got was that they were a bit jaded about western media hyping Russia as the Evil Empire waaay past the expiration date of the Cold War, with any fart meaning Putin is set to charge all the way to Paris, so when he actually did live up to the stereotype for once, they were caught entirely unprepared.

Mark in particular was very sharp on how -dumb- this is, and in how many ways it could go wrong.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

russia is...losing

lmao

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i didn't watch putin's speech but the way ames described how putin humiliated his foreign intelligence chief made me look it up

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1496254648776335361

Man Putin looks old as gently caress

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

russia is...losing

lmao

Depending on who you are following on twitter it's either Russia losing or Ukraine losing. Build your own war adventure.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Depending on who you are following on twitter it's either Russia losing or Ukraine losing. Build your own war adventure.

Russia isn't going to lose but it's possible that elements aren't going smoothly. At what point they switch to it not going smoothly enough that they rocket barrage neighborhoods is anyones to decide.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

russia is...losing

lmao

Russia losing seems bad, Russia winning seems bad, everything is super dangerous and this is crazy :rubby:

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

babypolis posted:

Man Putin looks old as gently caress

he's russian

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Nothus posted:

this has gotta be sarcasm, right? not even matty is this dumb

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

bi crimes posted:

Russia losing seems bad, Russia winning seems bad, everything is super dangerous and this is crazy :rubby:

As it turns out war loving sucks and only benefits a tiny handful of profiteers and jingoists

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

TenementFunster posted:

he is dumb and he is spineless, so it checks out to me.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

TenementFunster posted:

It's obviously a joke but he's still saying it for the sole purpose of pissing people off

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

E Depois do Adeus posted:

Thanks for the explanation.

In what probably wasn't meant to humanize Putin, one of the Gerard de Villiers books begins with one of Putin's advisors telling him to look at a website because it'll make him mad. The website is designed to piss him off and he indeed gets mad. What separates him from the common man is that he then orders the plutonium-laced death of the oligarch who finances the website

Really a Poster's President. What a team he made with Trump

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Vox Nihili posted:

It's obviously a joke but he's still saying it for the sole purpose of pissing people off
nothing is “obviously” a joke for that fat oaf

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Carl Zha has been hosting constant twitter spaces since the Russian invasion. Just listened to the end of a 15 hour session where the other speakers were pleading with him to go get some rest.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

what drives a man to be a poster when there are still kittens batting down his gates

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Atrocious Joe posted:

Carl Zha has been hosting constant twitter spaces since the Russian invasion. Just listened to the end of a 15 hour session where the other speakers were pleading with him to go get some rest.

No one can control Carl Zha

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I just listened to the debate he did with noahpinion for some reasons and it's incredible how it's just Carl correcting him on pretty important bits of history for an hour and Noah having to backtrack and say "well my point still stands even if I was wrong about what I based it on"

e.g. the Chinese tributary system, the nine dash line, Tibet

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

XMNN posted:

I just listened to the debate he did with noahpinion for some reasons and it's incredible how it's just Carl correcting him on pretty important bits of history for an hour and Noah having to backtrack and say "well my point still stands even if I was wrong about what I based it on"

e.g. the Chinese tributary system, the nine dash line, Tibet

i've only ever seen thumbnails for this, but my reaction has always been that mark twain quote about arguing with fools

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
i wonder who would win in a fight, Noah or MattY.

I think Matty, Noah sounds like he has health problems but he might win with a drone strike.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hadji murad posted:

i wonder who would win in a fight, Noah or MattY.

I think Matty, Noah sounds like he has health problems but he might win with a drone strike.

Matty would simply eat Noah.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Latest episode is like a picaresque novel

The Romanian on an epic coke binge on the 18th floor of a Kyiv apartment block as the war grows closer certainly is something

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

imagine ukrainian cocaine

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

Latest episode is like a picaresque novel

The Romanian on an epic coke binge on the 18th floor of a Kyiv apartment block as the war grows closer certainly is something

so that’s what happened to Adrian Mutu

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Atrocious Joe posted:

They should get him on the show next.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

i am biggest patriot of all of you!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

found the wiki on the romanian former mayor of cluj, dunno whether he's a gary brecher character or a nick mullen character

quote:

Recently, Funar extended his xenophobic views to the Jewish minority, making unfounded statements: "The World's Jewish Government wants to move Israel into Romanian borders and is trying to exterminate Romanian people by using food additives" or "There are already more than 2 million Jews in Romania working for its destruction". He also claims that theory of relativity was developed by the Romanian poet Mihai Eminescu and it was stolen by Einstein (described by Funar as a "retarded individual").[5]

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

found the wiki on the romanian former mayor of cluj, dunno whether he's a gary brecher character or a nick mullen character

Really wanna have a few beers with this guy and just listen

Would really unlock knowledge of the world and all that

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

holy poo poo a romanian hotep

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Really wanna have a few beers with this guy and just listen

Would really unlock knowledge of the world and all that

thought cabinet unlocked: Romanian Nationalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Inland Empire: The Fourth Rome must be in...Bucharest