Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

So I put bleed onto the twinblade, and this thing has stupid levels of bleed build. At +7, it deals 81 bleed buildup, which is absolutely ridiculous considering how fast it attacks. I've been using it to chunk out big fleshy enemies like dragons and the wolf curved greatsword to chunk non-fleshy enemies. Also finally got Vit to 30, and End and Mind to 20, and it feels real good to be able to get 2 combos out and still be able to dodge without running out of stamina.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

berenzen posted:

So I put bleed onto the twinblade, and this thing has stupid levels of bleed build. At +7, it deals 81 bleed buildup, which is absolutely ridiculous considering how fast it attacks.

Bleed is ridiculous in this one, and it was already pretty good in DS3

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sorcery question: what are the good staves once you've outgrown the Meteorite Staff?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I love my four armed wife.

The shunning grounds is insanely huge zone that suuuuuucks.

Edit: So many lords to kill so little time.

Delorence Fickle
Feb 21, 2011
Lucked out and got the golem greatbow and this thing hits like drat truck. Only problem is I gotta find out who sells the arrows for this thing.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

GruntyThrst posted:

I am extremely underwhelmed by my dex build thus far. Anyone having luck with one? Maybe a dex/faith or dex/int hybrid?

I'm loving my dex build. I'm using the Twinblade and Nightrider Flail.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i don't think i'd mind draconic tree sentinel so much if i could actually fight him on foot - i hate the feel of horse combat in this game, and i beat my head against the other one enough on foot to know his moveset - but they decided to give him a lightning strike spell that i'm fairly confident in saying is unavoidable if you don't have horse speed. i hate it!!!

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
I found the Greatsword in Caelis. Can I put bloody slashing it or is it considered unique? If not, are there any other comparable swords for a STR build that I can put bloody slash on?

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I have a flail that has bleed, but i can't tell if its working or not. Is there some sort of indicator?

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

It's crazy that this and Mario Golf are both sixty dollars

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cimber posted:

I have a flail that has bleed, but i can't tell if its working or not. Is there some sort of indicator?

When bleed is full they'll have a blood gush animation from generally the middle of the model and lose a huge chunk of health.

Bleed and frost are generally hilariously broken in my experience. Poison to a lesser extent, lightning for a handful of things.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

It's crazy that this and Mario Golf are both sixty dollars

I'm definitely getting my money's worth with this one.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Game just crashed on PC and got a small 13mb update. Anyone else?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I though GRRM could resist incest but nope thats actually the impetus for the central conflict of the story!!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

started this and i was like, man they should use snake eater

A+

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i am getting 360 noscoped by loving lobsters

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Barudak posted:

I though GRRM could resist incest but nope thats actually the impetus for the central conflict of the story!!

Lmao god dammit gurm

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

he should write a series of books and a hbo series

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Vermain posted:

how big's your paging file? i've got 8gb of RAM and performance monitor's telling me that elden ring's regularly eating about 19-20gb worth of VRAM at any given time

This seems to have fixed the issue, thank you! Just dedicated 32gb on my ssd to it and now it seems to be working much better.

Apparently there's a crazy lion thing in Stormveil that just never loaded for me, getting out was a lot harder than getting in was :v:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

poe meater posted:

Game just crashed on PC and got a small 13mb update. Anyone else?

No crash (i just quit to eat tho) but yes to the patch.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Barudak posted:

Lmao

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

This games not really clicking for me. I’ve been playing for a few hours and nothings really happening? I cleared out some caves and some ruins on the beach but I still don’t even know how to level up so I’ve lost thousands of souls at this point. I tried following the light path and it just took me to a gate with a shitload of archers and some giant rear end in a top hat who one shot me.

Im glad people seem to be enjoying it I guess, but this might be the first soulsborne that’s just not for me.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

A talking coyote posted:

This games not really clicking for me. I’ve been playing for a few hours and nothings really happening? I cleared out some caves and some ruins on the beach but I still don’t even know how to level up so I’ve lost thousands of souls at this point. I tried following the light path and it just took me to a gate with a shitload of archers and some giant rear end in a top hat who one shot me.

Im glad people seem to be enjoying it I guess, but this might be the first soulsborne that’s just not for me.

there's a place of grace right outside the entrance to the catacombs you start in, and another in the ruined church along the pathway north from there. try resting at them both, then rest at the place of grace at the gates and see what happens

Grumblesnakes
Aug 25, 2015
Sometimes you just gotta give it up, well played.

https://i.imgur.com/ZzgCtxv.mp4

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Barreft posted:

i cant stop playing

:same:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Augus posted:

i am getting 360 noscoped by loving lobsters

man, those motherfuckers. i was all happy that i was killing the crabs without dying and then i start getting killed by huge lobsters

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

A talking coyote posted:

It was the same for me man, just keep pushing and it'll all come together.

Grumblesnakes posted:

Sometimes you just gotta give it up, well played.

https://i.imgur.com/ZzgCtxv.mp4

lmao, this solidifies my Soulsborne strat of never having my back towards a cliff or ledge no matter what, I'll forgo free hits to just get my rear end away from certain death.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Couldn't find a straight answer in Google, are tail cuts a thing? I feel like it would be pretty common knowledge if they were, but then Margit's got that tail just hanging out back there... :black101:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Cimber posted:

Am i stupid, or is the power of a weapon only available when you are dual handing it?

If your left hand item has an art, it takes priority.

This is why Ash of War: None is good, if you want to take parry off a shield.

Edit: Just got a 13mb patch. Any one know why?

Deviant fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 2, 2022

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Oh hey there is a talisman that increases rune acquisition

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Luirnia region question: Is the glintstone dragon in front of Ranni's tower supposed to gently caress off at half health? Where do I go to kick its rear end now?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
tried to ride north and my eyeballs exploded

so, i won't be doing that again for a while

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I just wanna say

gently caress radahn

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Takes No Damage posted:

Couldn't find a straight answer in Google, are tail cuts a thing? I feel like it would be pretty common knowledge if they were, but then Margit's got that tail just hanging out back there... :black101:

What do you mean? You can definitely attack his tail if thats what you want to do, it will kill him just the same.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Oh God I need the stats to use this ballista yesterday.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Did a patch just come out? My game hard crashed and now I'm downloading 10 gb of something.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Takes No Damage posted:

it's not monster hunter if that's what you mean. you can't sever it or anything.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Wiltsghost posted:

Did a patch just come out? My game hard crashed and now I'm downloading 10 gb of something.

yup. downloading also. well, 13 mb patching 10 gigs of files?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ojetor posted:

Luirnia region question: Is the glintstone dragon in front of Ranni's tower supposed to gently caress off at half health? Where do I go to kick its rear end now?

It fucks off to right near the end of her questline. Its still optional there too, so you don't have to defeat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

GlyphGryph posted:

What do you mean? You can definitely attack his tail if thats what you want to do, it will kill him just the same.

In Dark Souls you could specifically target tails on certain bosses and if you hit them enough you would cut them off and get a unique Tail Weapon.