Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Hello everyone, I'm well aware of the editing issue that caused Soylent Pudding to get a six-hour probation earlier today. I've spoken with them and we're good. Please stop PMing me about this apparent atrocity or I'll start handing out sixers for that as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Hello everyone, I'm well aware of the editing issue that caused Soylent Pudding to get a six-hour probation earlier today. I've spoken with them and we're good. Please stop PMing me about this apparent atrocity or I'll start handing out sixers for that as well.

All that's left now is to make an AITA post with a misleading title about the situation

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

El Spamo posted:

Seems to have disappeared or was really old, I was hoping to find an update or something.

In any case, it must be wild to see into a mind where annihilating your partner's career milestone project is an appropriate response for missing a party. Just a pastiche of gangster movies and 70's disco excess but with no turn, like an EDM set where the bass never drops just more cocaine

It's only a couple of hours old. https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/tfltw3/aita_for_yeling_at_my_fiance_and_calling_him/ (When you're searching Reddit, always set the time period to the last week, or else you will get irrelevant garbage, even when the title matches perfectly.)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

El Spamo posted:

Seems to have disappeared or was really old, I was hoping to find an update or something.

In any case, it must be wild to see into a mind where annihilating your partner's career milestone project is an appropriate response for missing a party. Just a pastiche of gangster movies and 70's disco excess but with no turn, like an EDM set where the bass never drops just more cocaine

I still see it, it's about two hours old.

Edit:

Captain Hygiene posted:

All that's left now is to make an AITA post with a misleading title about the situation
WIBTA if I did what was right, even though a bunch of idiots are yelling at me?

quote:

I'm an IK on SA, and everybody there is being mean at me for probating a poster for reposting something to laugh at, even though it turns out it was because another poster edited their post beforehand. I think the best way to give everyone there a sixer to teach them a lesson.

But I figured before I did this I'd check just to make sure I was doing the right thing for the forum and civilization.

Edit:
IK = Idiot King
SA = Something Awful

Edit2:
"Giving a sixer" means timing someone out for six hours, it's really not a big deal, just a fun way to make people realize they've made a mistake and give them time.

Edit3:
Well, I didn't think people on Reddit of all places would be mean to someone who's practically a mod on a superior forum!

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 16, 2022

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

ScienceSeagull posted:

Haven't we had a couple of stories like that, where someone gets upset (possibly to the point of wanting to break up) over a lame gift and later discovers that the real gift is hidden inside? Maybe I'm thinking of the guy who gave people boxes full of barbed wire and broken glass and claimed there were gift cards inside.

This actually happened to my parents: they were celebrating a milestone anniversary and my dad got my mom a nice ring she wanted, and hid it inside of a wallet and then gave her the wallet as if it was the main gift. She got so mad she almost threw it away, until he was like "wait, wait, open it!!"

Those crazy kids are still married after 40 years.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I don’t mind throwing sixers, my period is starting and yet I am out for blood :kheldragar: , so get with it

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

My [27] boyfriend [28] slept with another woman and claims I wanted him to

quote:

My hands are shaking, so sorry if there are typos. I don't know if I'll be able to explain what just happened. I'm in a hotel room right now, just falling apart.

I live with my boyfriend, Jack. We've been together two years. The relationship has been good. Sex is frequent, we say "I love you" often, and both of us participate in the other's family functions. I don't have any major complaints, and to my knowledge he hasn't been unhappy. I am deeply in love with him.

I came home today about an hour early. I had started to get a migraine at work, which isn't super unusual, and once I started to get nauseated I decided I should just go home and lie down. It doesn't happen a ton, but maybe a few times a year where I decide to take the afternoon off. My boyfriend works nights so is often home during the day.

Pulled in the driveway and his car was there. Not unusual, he doesn't work until the evening. Parked on the street out front like I always do (you can't really hear the car from that distance unless you're really listening) and went in the apartment. The bedroom is on the far side of the apartment from where I came in, so you usually can't hear a key in the lock or anything, especially with the air conditioning on (it was).

I said hello as I came in, but could immediately here that the air conditioning on in the bedroom (it's a separate window unit, and pretty loud). I open the door to say hello to Jack, and there he is, right in the middle of having sex with a girl doggy-style. They both froze, and she looked really shocked. He was just sort of expressionless. She immediately sort of scrambled for the sheets, but he just sat there.

I guess I was in shock, because I actually walked in the bedroom where they were and got my suitcase from under the bed. I even said "excuse me" to the girl loving my boyfriend. I went to my closet and threw a bunch of clothes in the case, and all the while he's constantly talking. I can't remember everything he said, but I distinctly heard him say "I wanted to surprise you, we've wanted to spice things up in the bedroom". I didn't say anything and left and came to this hotel.

We've discussed having a threesome in the past, and I even said I would possibly be open to it at some point in the future. I told him I found the idea exciting, but that we would need to discuss things and find the right person if it was actually going to happen. I never wanted him to just "surprise" me out of the blue.

He's been blowing up my phone ever since. He's left several voicemails, and sent about a dozen texts. He said things didn't go like he imagined, but he thought it would be sexy to have a spontaneous threesome. He said he was "trying to fulfill my fantasy".

I've been crying for the last three hours. I have no idea what to think at this point. I think he's lying to me, but what if he really thought he was doing what I wanted? Is it possible he's just that clueless? Please please help.

tl;dr: "Caught" my boyfriend in our bed with another woman. He claims he was trying to surprise me with a threesome...I think he's lying.

[UPDATE] My [27] boyfriend [28] slept with another woman and claims I wanted him to

quote:

Firstly, thank you all for your comments and advice. My gut knew that I had to end the relationship, but I needed a kick in the pants to actually do it.

The apartment we live in is actually owned by my uncle, with whom I am very close. I live there for free while attending grad school (it is part of a building he owns, and was his way of helping me afford to further my education). He had no problem with my boyfriend also living there, on the condition that he help out with managerial duties and repairs around the building. I called my uncle and told him the circumstances, and he called Jack and told him he needs to find a new place to live. He's not on a lease or anything, so hopefully it won't be a legal issue.

I haven't responded to Jack in any way since yesterday. I returned to the apartment this afternoon (after going to the Dr. to get tested for STDs...thankfully clear so far). Jack was there. Since he spoke with my uncle, he knew that I was breaking up with him and wanted him out. He immediately tried to argue with me, saying once again that the whole thing had been intended as a gift for me! I just ignored him as I went around the place packing his things.

He also said that the only reason he started without me was that he wanted to get used to the two of them together, so things wouldn't be "awkward" when I arrived. Apparently he thought having sex with her first would make the threesome "go smoother". I didn't even look at him, just kept packing. I'm proud of myself that I didn't cry. I think I was past the point of crying?

He kept blabbering on, saying that he just wanted to "test the waters" with the other person so that when the time came they could both focus totally on me. The final straw was when he said that I was being "totally unreasonable and ungrateful for the effort he was putting into our sexual relationship". I stared at him for a minute, and then I just started laughing. I couldn't control it. I must have laughed hysterically for a full minute. He got angry but finally shut up and stopped trying to justify himself.

I asked for his key, and then told him to leave. I said that he could call to arrange a time to come pick up all his things, but not to contact me for any other reason. His parents live in the same city, so I know he has somewhere to stay. He left, looking pretty forlorn.

I didn't ask how long he'd been cheating on me. Just knowing about the one incident was enough. He's obviously not the person I thought he was. I don't feel like I even know him anymore.

I'm still sad, but I'm going to be okay. There's no way I could keep someone like that in my life.

Thanks again for all the encouragement and motivation to end it for good. I knew the truth in my heart, but I needed to know I wasn't crazy.

tl;dr: He's delusional. Dumped him.

But honey! Don't you see? I did it for US!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

AITA for getting mad a kid for eating my pickles?

quote:

So I have these pickles that I love. I have only been able to find them in one store locally which isn't in a convenient location and I rarely buy anything else from there. They aren't cheap either, $12 a jar. I usually buy them 4 jars at a time and I keep them on hand for when I run out. I usually like to limit myself to only have them as a treat, a jar usually lasts me 2-4 weeks (though, I have been known to get a little drunk and polish off a whole jar in one sitting). Everyone in my family knows these are my pickles. To be clear, I don't monopolize the pickles, if someone wants them, I'm more than happy to share... I'm not THAT big of an rear end in a top hat.

So yesterday my son (12) had a friend over (also 12). The friend sees my pickle collection and he asked if he could try them, "Sure, of course". He has 1 from 2 different jars and gets to my favorite jar, he tries one and loves it (he has good taste I guess). He then asks for another and I tell him, "No, one's enough, they are hard to get and they are expensive". When I say that my son says, "Don't listen to him, you can have as many as you want" at the same time I catch my wife side-eyeing me like, "Don't be an rear end in a top hat". So whatever, I walk away.

Come back into the room a few minutes later to find my son's friend still in the kitchen, now with a fork in the jar and eating the last pickle....the jar was about 3/4 full when he started. MFer ate almost a months worth of pickles in 5 minutes! I didn't say a word to him (again, not THAT big of an rear end in a top hat).... but I was pissed.

I sat on it and let it ferment for a while (see what I did there?) and at dinner time I had to let it out. Told my wife and son that it was a pretty big dick move of them to just let him sit there and eat my whole jar of pickles. My wife laughed but saw the look on my face and realized I was serious and pretty much just said, "You better not start a fight over a jar of pickles". So I just zipped it, tucked it away, and tried to forget about it.

But the next day.... I'm still pissed off about it. That wasn't right....eating another man's jar of pickles like that and laughing it off when I tried to defend them.

So let me have it, AITA?

Dad's technically in the right and the kids overstepped their bounds in the response, but lol at not just heading it off in the first place by going "of course you can have another pickle, I'm not some crazily possessive weirdo about them". Now it's a whole situation and everyone gets to dunk on him forever as selfish pickle guy :rip:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Captain Hygiene posted:

Dad's technically in the right and the kids overstepped their bounds in the response, but lol at not just heading it off in the first place by going "of course you can have another pickle, I'm not some crazily possessive weirdo about them". Now it's a whole situation and everyone gets to dunk on him forever as selfish pickle guy :rip:

Neither his wife nor his son have any respect for him. Wonder what's the history behind that.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I'm not sure a kid has the digestive fortitude required for eating 3/4s of the pickle jar.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Olewithmilk posted:

I'm not sure a kid has the digestive fortitude required for eating 3/4s of the pickle jar.

He can at least take that as some consolation.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
You'd better not start a fight about something that's important to you just because I think it's stupid!

On the other hand, pickle weenie is a pretty funny nickname

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

sephiRoth IRA posted:

You'd better not start a fight about something that's important to you just because I think it's stupid!

On the other hand, pickle weenie is a pretty funny nickname

Ok sure but in this case that something is a $12 jar of pickles that he seems to have a reserve of.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Ok sure but in this case that something is a $12 jar of pickles that he seems to have a reserve of.

I don't disagree. But from his post it's clearly a big deal to him and if they are something he gets excited about and rations, and this bothered him, and his wife slapped him down because she thought it was stupid, that's lame.

This and him being a weenie about pickles are not mutually exclusive

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I don't disagree. But from his post it's clearly a big deal to him and if they are something he gets excited about and rations, and this bothered him, and his wife slapped him down because she thought it was stupid, that's lame.

shes right

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for telling everyone that my husband sold all my baby shower gifts?

quote:

I've (27) been with my husband (32) for 3 years, we're expecting our first baby together.

Long story short, my family and friends decided to throw me a baby shower and brought me a variety of gifts which consisted mainly of baby care essentials. I stored everything in the storage area but woke up the next day and they were all gone. I freaked out and called my husband, he didn't pick up so I waited til he got back. He got back with money in his hands, I told him my baby shower gifts were gone and he said he took them and sold them. All of them the baskets, books, pyjamas, diper pack, pecifiers, stuff worth 50-100s of dollars. I asked him why and he said because he wanted to help his friend get his van fix so they could go on a trip next week. I started yelling at him saying that I needed those things for our baby but he said we already have a nursery full of essentials then said he had no choice because his friends threatened to exclude him from the tri if he didn't help fix the van. I had a fight with him and he said I was overreacting. I told everyone know what he did and he started getting calls and texts from them basically calling him names and shaming him. He yelled at me saying I hosed up and acted immaturely by exposing him to everyone and sending them after him. He said that is his baby too and he is entitled to half those gifts. He believes I told them a sob story and ruined his reputation. He left and has been staying with a friend refusing to return my calls til I fix my mistake.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

How dare you make me look bad for doing that thing I did!!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hughlander posted:

I can only imagine what a hassle it'll be getting child support out of this loser, but not half as much as parenting with him.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Hughlander posted:

Just trying to imagine how dead I would be if I did this. :psyduck:

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
but baby we gotta fix the VAN

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Hughlander posted:

This sounds like a trailer park meth habit situation

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Olewithmilk posted:

Eat, yes. Keep down and feel good about it, questionable

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Combo posted:

This sounds like a trailer park meth habit situation

Yep, screams trailer park yokels and low IQ's

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Olewithmilk posted:

I think the kid was eating the contents of the pickle jar, not the jar itself.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I mean if it were something that was actually scarce then yeah I get it but this is one where he’s being silly enough that he needs a reality check.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I'm back and have my posting knife and gurglepost pants ready.

But yeah Pope Corky and I resolved it over PMs and they were gracious about it. poo poo happens and these dead comedy forums don't make it easy to keep track and manage what's going on. I don't blame them for finally letting the probes fly because I share the frustration about double post Tuesdays.

Hughlander posted:

r/relationships: I even said "excuse me" to the girl loving my boyfriend

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

quantumwell posted:

Yep, screams trailer park yokels and low IQ's

That's a insult to people with low IQs (itself a highly questionable metric)

Lots of them are still smart enough to not do meth and lie to their spouse about selling poo poo behind their back.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for telling my husband's family and friends that he didn't buy the house but both of us did?

quote:

My husband M34, and I, F31 bought our first single story house few weeks ago. We both put money towards it and both our names are on the title.

Days ago we hosted dinner for his family (my family live in another state) and friends to celebrate this occasion. They brought gifts and took a tour around the house. we had an overall good time til dinner.

My husband suddenly started telling the story of how much he sacrifices, how many extra jobs he took and how many years he spent to save for and buy this house, completely ignoring my part of role in it. I was confused, I kept staring at him as he went on about how he found the house and how much trouble he got into to get it. His family and friends looked impressed as he kept saying "my house this, my house that". I said hold on, and told them that it's not his house, but our house because we both equally saved and conributed equally to be able to purchase it. His mom asked if I was serious and I offered to show her the legal document. My husband looked me shocked and got quiet while his friends and family kept looking at him. He then excused himself to the bathroom for 40 minutes. I had to say goodbye to the guests by myself.

He later blew up asking wth I just did, I said he shouldn't have lied to them in the first place. He asked " what could you have possibly gained by saying what you said? What could you have possibly lost if you didn't?, do you ever think before you speak?" I got mad and replied that he was dismissing my role in buying the house and I didn't like that. He was like "oh so you decided to humiliate me infront of my family and friends to appear important? Pretenious much?" I found this insulting but he argued I messed up and ruined his joy in the new home when I could've avoided it. I got tired of arguing so I went to sleep. He has gone radio silence the next day and has been acting upset for days now.

lmao just locking myself in the crapper until everyone leaves, like an adult

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Captain Hygiene posted:

I get that it's pickles and that's funny but this is such an easy thing. Kid asks for more X, you say sure and put out a reasonable/generous but fixed portion. Maybe hang around and eat a few with the kid and compliment him on good taste, if he asks for more say you'll send a picture of the label and where to get them to his parents. Problem solved and you're the good guy instead of the rear end in a top hat who let the kid eat an entire jar of pickles ruining his appetite and/or giving him an upset stomach. I guess I was picturing a kid younger than 12 in my head, so that would be the kids fault more than anything but it's just an easy win turned into 'I'm the weird pickle hoarder guy.'

Rescue Toaster fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 16, 2022

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

pentyne posted:

That's a insult to people with low IQs (itself a highly questionable metric)

Lots of them are still smart enough to not do meth and lie to their spouse about selling poo poo behind their back.

I'd also like to know how he arranged to sell a roomful of Baby items so quickly without planning ahead.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

teen witch posted:

I don’t mind throwing sixers, my period is starting and yet I am out for blood :kheldragar: , so get with it

You have your own blood right there! :cthulhu:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Hughlander posted:

My [27] boyfriend [28] slept with another woman and claims I wanted him to

[UPDATE] My [27] boyfriend [28] slept with another woman and claims I wanted him to

I love this one because you know he had been pacing around the apartment since she left rehearsing what he was going to say over and over again.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for telling my husband's family and friends that he didn't buy the house but both of us did?

Too bad she didn't find out this guy was a lying idiot before they bought a house together.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Foo Diddley posted:

This is one where I would really, really love to hear his retelling of what she said.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

quantumwell posted:

Too bad she didn't find out this guy was a lying idiot before they bought a house together.

That's one of those things here where you just get a window into a very specific moment, and just have to ponder the months and years leading up this particular incident.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I love this one because you know he had been pacing around the apartment since she left rehearsing what he was going to say over and over again.

I love that even if you take him at his word with 100% goodwill, he still comes out looking like a complete idiot.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Rescue Toaster posted:

I get that it's pickles and that's funny but this is such an easy thing. Kid asks for more X, you say sure and put out a reasonable/generous but fixed portion. Maybe hang around and eat a few with the kid and compliment him on good taste, if he asks for more say you'll send a picture of the label and where to get them to his parents. Problem solved and you're the good guy instead of the rear end in a top hat who let the kid eat an entire jar of pickles ruining his appetite and/or giving him an upset stomach. I guess I was picturing a kid younger than 12 in my head, so that would be the kids fault more than anything but it's just an easy win turned into 'I'm the weird pickle hoarder guy.'

Anyone else remember the story posted about a dude who had his friend house sit, told him to go ahead and make himself at home, and when he returned from the trip his wine cellar was pretty much empty and all of his freezer was empty of several Costco trips of meat and other food?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Foo Diddley posted:

He asked " what could you have possibly gained by saying what you said? What could you have possibly lost if you didn't?

The answer to both of these questions is "The respect of your family and friends." I seriously love the stories where one partner makes the other look like a lazy moocher and then gets upset when that person says otherwise.

Hell, she should have asked him thise questions. What did he have to gain by making her out to be worthless and what did he lose if he recognized her part? I know the answer is some non-sensical answer because abusers never have a good answer, I just want to hear his answers. Like this poster said

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

This is one where I would really, really love to hear his retelling of what she said.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Invisible Clergy posted:

Public schools test all kids' hearing so garbage parents like OP can learn when their kids are Deaf. Unfortunately, the schools cannot also force OP to take her kid to the ENT to figure out what kind of hearing aids she needs and OP chose not to do that because she is the devil.

Also, the hearing and vision screens in schools are fast, basic checks, not doctors visits where they can prescribe corrective measures.

I'm sure no one reading this thread needs this said, but:

If a trusted other adult who seems rational and to care about your child recommends that they be screened for something by a professional, you should get that done. Maybe more than once. And if the result is negative but there still seems to be a problem, you need to keep looking. You can't CYA with "oh I got inconsistent reminders". Either you get your kids necessary medical care or you don't. There is no defensibility if you fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
How do so many of these people end up married to and/or buying a house with someone without realising that they're with a complete manchild? It's loving bizarre.

Like I get that you can fall in love with someone and spend a lot of time with them before really getting to know how they manage their life and poo poo, but you'd think by the time you're buying a house together you might know if they're an insecure dipshit or not.

Mafic Rhyolite fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 16, 2022