Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Martman posted:

Imagine toxxing yourself for mccain in 08 lmao

Oh man, those were the loving days, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

I’m trying to find an old post that some guy made describing his dog’s thought process whenever he shaved his beard. It went something like “oh no who is this strange man? Where is master? -> new guy gives me food but I don’t trust him -> I love master! Sometimes I wonder what happened to old master -> oh no who is this strange man?”

TIA if you have it!

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

The Ukraine War thread in D&D has yet again devolved into bitching about C-SPAM. An IK told people to knock it off, and then

Mr. Mercury posted:

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here. This is the war thread!

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Haschel Cedricson posted:

The Ukraine War thread in D&D has yet again devolved into bitching about C-SPAM. An IK told people to knock it off, and then

Although not a direct quote, Bluemillion beat the D&D thread to that joke 4 days ago :v:

Bluemillion posted:

Gentlemen you can't post war footage in here! This is the war thread!

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i feel like that joke is made on every even page in the GBS thread, but i skip over most of it so i cannot and will not verify

edit: gently caress, it was odd pages

Sedgr posted:

The war thread is not for fighting!

Mr. Fix It has a new favorite as of 04:09 on Mar 23, 2022

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I know I have personally made that joke twice so far in the gbs thread.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Gentlemen, you can’t post here!

This is the quotes thread!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Platystemon posted:

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Platystemon posted:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Platystemon posted:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I'm sorry, but it's got weird characters in it (commas and exclamation points), so it can't be the thread title.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

You did your best.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Half the titles on the forum have commas in ’em. The only offender is the right single quotation mark.

Gentlemen, you can't post here! This is the quotes thread!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I’ve seen this before, and yes, the offender is the slanted apostrophe (‘); the thread title change code whatever only accepts straight apostrophes (') for what I assume are radium reasons.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
On Radium and title limitations,

Jaded Burnout posted:

Alright after some investigation, it appears that the limit is 75, or 85, or 100, depending on how and where you're doing it. Because radium.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

At least re: fancy apostrophes, it's because they aren't really in ASCII

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I did the it

thanks goons

thoons

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

now close the thread to make it true

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
here! This is the quotes thread!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

comedy sixers

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Slippery testicles

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I posted in the quotes thread, and all I got was this lousy probe.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Paladinus posted:

This poo poo is dumb.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Platystemon posted:

I quoted in the quotes thread, and all I got was this lousy quote.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Poor bastard didn't even have an office at the end

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:qfg: All my friends are assholes and none of you remember me. :qfg:

Octotosk posted:

I was on Something awful like 10 years ago as Ratatosk for a good three years, I loved posting in a few different forums, then i got banned for being a dumbass.

Anyway, i got this account last year because my old one was non-recoverable and everyone treated me as a newbie rear end in a top hat, which is cool. So I hung back and just read for a while.

To get to the point before i annoy anyone, Diablo 3 loving sucks if all your friends only have xbox's or are elitist assholes that sold thier laptops for MacMini's and Ipads.

I'm just looking for some people to play with that speak english and want to play without passing out every 20 minutes nodding out on heroin.

As some of you may have noticed blizzard didn't make this game for people that dont have 3 friends that bought it with them (they even gave 3 guest passes so you could "convince" your friends to play with you, well my friends told me to gently caress myself).

Your steam thing looks cool but you want me to link to some poo poo ive written, so here it is.

otherwise, is there anyone that wants to play through this thing and not touch a mic? i dont like headsets, im usually listening to music or talking to my girlfriend while she is watching HGTV while im on Diablo, it feels awkward talking on a mic if i can just type "Yo im going back in that BS dungeon, follows kthxbai"

I miss Quest for Glory.

~e

Someone then pointed out this was also a thread by Ratatosk, aka da guy in da OP, which also contradicts the OP's claims of not being remembered:

Ratatosk posted:

I found these two vials of pain meds in my medicine cabinet after returning home this week:

Hydrocodone/apap 5/500 tab mck: White, say M37 on one side, they have a break in the middle on opposite side <-- was filled for me at the end of 2001 says discard 10/24/02 these go bad?? How much is a normal dose? Can i shoot it??? All ive done is tar heroin, so grinding these up and snorting them is ok, i prefer to shoot it though. I want to do a safe dose, my tolerance is dead since i just got off suboxone treatment, so it should be like a virgin dose? (Treatment was forced on me)

I know the dangers of this, i just want info so i can do it safely.

The other pills are Propoxy-N/apap 100-650 tab myl: say Mylan on one side, 155 on the other, they are pink.

these were apparently given to my brother in 2000 for when he got knee surgery, they're probably more powerful, as mine were given for a broken collarbone.

How does one do pills? is there something i should know about them that will kill me off? is it bad to cook them? I know my GF always told me to just mix white china with water, and inject, but this isnt really anything like that...

Any info would be really cool ^_^ -- I dont know poo poo about pills, and im scared because erowid is vague about specific pills, and i know if i dont figure it out soon im just gonna pop one and see how it makes me feel ... or do a rail :/ :( :*(

tcc help, or show me a site with good info?? Ill google in the mean time ^_^

And naturally:

Octotosk posted:

I think ill do you all a favor and not post on this forum, because im such a stupid dumbfuck and you are all such brilliant savants.

Sure you are right i dont know gently caress all what these forums are for, i got banned because i was a stupid rear end in a top hat.... more like you fuckers infested this site with your stupid.

Enjoy your poo poo stank.

good luck running off anyone that wants to contribute and be nice along with all the other shitfucks that come by.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Woptendo posted:

My one year old got this for his birthday and loves it. It plays several soundalikes based on Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Tetris and a couple others I can’t identify along with sound effects that fit in with each those titles. It’s a nice break from the public domain nursery rhymes renditions most baby toys spit out.

elf help book posted:

Thanks, I'll check it out after I finish with Elden Ring.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

moonmazed posted:

the sun is evil and must be extinguished

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm gonna need a second opinion from a less biased username

Space Kablooey posted:

I'm inclined to agree with the moon in this circumstance

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Staluigi posted:

And here it goes again, the fast track storyline

- through brutal consolidation of power in an existing corrupt state and/or careful inheritance of an end-of-cycle conversion into anocracy/totalitarianship, you become the world's next effective dictator. maybe initially you operate from behind an insistence that you aren't a dictator, pointing at show structures of democracy or party politic or meaningless constitutional ordinances, but you're definitely a dictator now

- spend years flensing away any structure of competence in your own nation because it, regrettably, could have real or imagined ability to challenge your power

- start doing "my brain is actually three bats in a trenchcoat now" level shenannigans that makes it suddenly but profoundly obvious that you've gone absolutely poptarts

- your shenanigans go awry because your country's government in charge of actualizing them had now long ago become a dingbat roost of tolerably spineless apparatchiks and/or coffer-draining plutocrats self selected for appointment because they tell you, crazy angry man in charge, the things you like

- the failures begin to threaten your necessary perceived image as an unassailable strongman. dissatisfaction and even dissent begins to bubble up

- you mash the fascism button. you used to just give it appropriate light taps where necessary but now you just rapid fire slam on it like someone in a horror movie trying to summon an elevator

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
"You've gone absolutely poptarts" is an amazing turn of phrase.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

PurpleXVI posted:

Paul Atreides menacing someone with a malachite dildo, Fremen proving that even 1000 of years in the future people can't wear a loving face mask properly and somehow the least disgusting image of Vladimir Harkonnen ever drawn.

megane posted:

Baron Guy Harkonnen, Lord of Flavortown.

Asterite34 posted:

The Zestiness must flow...

SkeletonHero posted:

I said I would not feed them and I shall not. But the menu is the menu and the flavor takes the weak. This is my diner…my drive-in…my dive.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

:lol: yes.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

:orb:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Snowy posted:

My big takeaway from this war is that I should probably try playing Arma 3

ethanol posted:

It’s much less fun than it looks and the community is cringe, who want to speak in military code and say things like roger and copy that and make clans with their military ranks and poo poo. Honestly it’s insufferable.

Deviant posted:

counterpoint: if the goons find out you've never played before, they'll make you be commander just to watch everything spiral hilariously out of control

Quorum posted:

I didn't realize that the Russian invasion was a goon project, but in retrospect it only makes sense

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:bioware: You've been here barely a month, and you decided to poo poo post across the entire forum? Good job. Also, goodbye. :bioware:

Son of Spurdo XD posted:

This game looks like generic, boring pile of crap, OP.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favourite: Derail Valley > Funny Forum Quotes: Groverkrieg

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Oh sweet Jesus that caught me blindsided

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I googled BBC phone sex and Big Beef City called me screaming about my bad posting until I cried and cummed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

pyf: groverkrieg

rename the entire loving forum