Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I think that g gundam is about 80% of the way there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
They're sending out the invites for the playtest for Gundam Evolution now(it doesn't start until the 8th but you can preload it now), if you made it in it will automatically be added to your Steam library

Since I lucked out into making it in I'll be sure to post my thoughts on it once it starts(assuming they don't make us sign an NDA or something)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Heck yeah I made it in

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I got in too. They seem to be handing out invites like candy.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Now I feel left out for NOT getting one...

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Which game is evolution? I can't keep track of the Gundam games anymore.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

how about they give me an invitation to a pc version of gbo2

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Kingtheninja posted:

Which game is evolution? I can't keep track of the Gundam games anymore.

Overwatch

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I would have preferred Gundams of the Storm.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Stairmaster posted:

how about they give me an invitation to a pc version of gbo2

I would love this just because even if it was a 100% perfect port the game would crumble at the seams because it's literally designed around aiming being difficult. The few times they've allowed weapons to have decent auto-aim they've been monstrously overpowered, so I'm pretty sure mouse aiming would just shatter the game in two.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Kanos posted:

I would love this just because even if it was a 100% perfect port the game would crumble at the seams because it's literally designed around aiming being difficult. The few times they've allowed weapons to have decent auto-aim they've been monstrously overpowered, so I'm pretty sure mouse aiming would just shatter the game in two.

Particularly when the game's balance is already pretty bad with how "Stun into Melee" is the game's god strategy, which is incredibly frustrating as it's both incredibly boring to play(as GBO2's melee mechanics are awkward and clunky at best) and incredibly obnoxious to play against(particularly when it tends to give a huge advantage to any player who is actually in Japan due to how the game handles hosting)

Its a shame really cause when you get a rare good match GBO2 is really fun but for every good match you get you end up with 20 absolutely terrible matches that just completely kill you on the inside

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Any other D2 players wanna take a crack at figuring out which "mech" armor piece is a reference to? the Titan is a Zaku straight up

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Trying to play GBO2 after getting proficient in MBON was one of the most miserable experiences and every second felt like absolute garbage

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Yeah GBO2 is built on aiming being hard but poo poo I loved getting into a sniping position in a hildolfr

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

RevolverDivider posted:

Trying to play GBO2 after getting proficient in MBON was one of the most miserable experiences and every second felt like absolute garbage

Honestly GBO2 can be really fun, it's just hindered by poor communication options and a higher than usual portion of the player base being incompetent morons that make some of the clunkier aspects of the gameplay mechanics stand out more than they should

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I love GBO2 to death and played it an enormous shitload, but the fact that it's a team game that is incredibly dependent on teamwork to function but is actively opposed to letting you play with a group of friends finally killed the experience for me entirely.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

On the topic of games, the SNES F91 prequel had a tie-in manga, and it may just set a record for girlfriend murder in Gundam, a very competitive field.

Page 8 has her first appearance. Page 11 confirms she's the protagonist's love interest. It also kills her off.

In the narration.

I get that it's an abridged retelling of the game, but it's still kind of amazing. Like a physical manifestation of every complaint Gundam has gotten on this front.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I can't decide which is my favorite Two-Mix song.....

Any thoughts?
Just Communication
Rhythmic Emotion
White Reflection
Last Impression

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Just choose the one with the star trek sound bite.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Rhythm emotion. Also has the best 16 bit version in endless duel.

White reflection second, just communication third, last impression forth.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

Yes. It has a scene where the adorable Moeblobs prey to the pilot of the Hldolfr and promise to honor his spirit.

What.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You heard me. Part of the plot involves salvaging the cannon where they talk nonstop about how brave and honorable he was and how they'll make sure to use his cannon properly and then invent a new type of Dom to mount the cannon that isn't a pile of poo poo and then have a small bow-and-pray session where they promise to honor him.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

You heard me. Part of the plot involves salvaging the cannon where they talk nonstop about how brave and honorable he was and how they'll make sure to use his cannon properly and then invent a new type of Dom to mount the cannon that isn't a pile of poo poo and then have a small bow-and-pray session where they promise to honor him.

What The gently caress.

At least it doesn't have another bad rider design with an even dumber v-fin.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fivemarks posted:

What The gently caress.

At least it doesn't have another bad rider design with an even dumber v-fin.

I hate to tell you but...

Meet White Rider.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

Meet White Rider.

For gently caress's sake. Are the federation characters at least not cartoonishly evil?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they should have just put the full armor 7th gundam in there

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fivemarks posted:

For gently caress's sake. Are the federation characters at least not cartoonishly evil?

You know the answer in your heart.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Zeon was a mistake.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Azubah posted:

Just choose the one with the star trek sound bite.

http://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D93VODUlLuRk%26t%3D50s&start=0m00s

This one?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

GimmickMan posted:

Zeon was a mistake.

More specifically, it was an April Fools gag that got way out of hand.

(Also, as terrible as Code Fairy sounds, still haven't heard anything that puts it ahead of IGLOO part 2. Still, beating Hunter of Black Clothes is something.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

More specifically, it was an April Fools gag that got way out of hand.

(Also, as terrible as Code Fairy sounds, still haven't heard anything that puts it ahead of IGLOO part 2. Still, beating Hunter of Black Clothes is something.)

The one good Federation soldier is a woman who lost her entire family in the colony drop and her story revolves around her discovering blaming Zeon for that is wrong and learning not to hate Zeon.

(The pilot is also the one who got the Gundam Pixy after Bork Cry too.)

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

ImpAtom posted:

Meet White Rider.

That's basically an Astray design. I actually quite like the idea of the Riders, conceptually, as another series of high value prototypes that aren't Gundams, but have some visual identity of their own, and I don't even mind that part of that identity is early psycommu systems overwhelming the pilots, because that could he interesting on its own; they're all rather silly and ugly designs that are fairly overwrought though, sadly.

ImpAtom posted:

The one good Federation soldier is a woman who lost her entire family in the colony drop and her story revolves around her discovering blaming Zeon for that is wrong and learning not to hate Zeon.

I'm almost afraid to ask how/why it's wrong, despite Zeon being the ones who dropped the colony? Or is it more about letting go of hate that is twisting her up inside, because that at least is more understandable. It's more something I'd expect from a vet several years removed from conflict, but still at least understandable.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
they should just make the Two Year War in like uc 0101 so people can make their technologically indulgent weird late uc ideas without having to strap them on to early UC designs

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tsob posted:

I'm almost afraid to ask how/why it's wrong, despite Zeon being the ones who dropped the colony? Or is it more about letting go of hate that is twisting her up inside, because that at least is more understandable. It's more something I'd expect from a vet several years removed from conflict, but still at least understandable.

It's the latter, the Zeon Newtype protagonist basically shoots friendship at her until she changes her mind. I don't inherently dislike the idea of "a pilot learns not to destroy herself getting revenge" but I feel like it needs something more than "Well okay, I *guess* not all Zeon are bad people despite literally slaughtering my entire squad multiple times."

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The best revenge is to be happier than the person who wronged you.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Murder their whole family imo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gaius Marius posted:

Murder their whole family imo

Krogan style? Don't kill your enemy. Kill his family and then kill him while he's riled up.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

The best revenge is to be happier than the person who wronged you.

It's a wonderful expression. I just don't know how true it is. You don't see it turning up in a lot of opera plots. "Ludwig, maddened by the poisoning of his entire family, wreaks vengeance on Gunther in the third act by living well. Whereupon Woton, upon discovering his deception, wreaks vengeance on Gunther in the third act again by living even better than the Duke."

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

chiasaur11 posted:

It's a wonderful expression. I just don't know how true it is. You don't see it turning up in a lot of opera plots. "Ludwig, maddened by the poisoning of his entire family, wreaks vengeance on Gunther in the third act by living well. Whereupon Woton, upon discovering his deception, wreaks vengeance on Gunther in the third act again by living even better than the Duke."

It should, I wanna watch something that's enturely about two people trying to out-hapoy each other and constantly trying to low-keyrub it in each other's face.

In my mind it ends with one of them going through an entirely unrelated breakup that's then only made exponentially worse by seeing the other person doing great and being unable to find an outlet for their turmoil because that would break the illusion of living better. But that might be a 'me' problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I mean depending on your interpretation of being "happier" it might also mean ruining the other person's life so they're miserable and then buying a car to cheer yourself up and therefore be the happy one.