Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Davros1 posted:

I'm trying to figure out what would be the funniest outcome for him.

1) He gets his wish and gets the WWE title, gets a Big E type run, loses it to a returning Brock Lesnar, and a month later finds himself jobbing to Madcap Moss in 90 seconds while WWE stans complain that AEW fans liked it when he lost to Brodie Lee and Malakai Black in squashes so why are they complaining now.

or

2) He really is playing some 4D chess, managed to get a Young Bucks-type of a six month opt out on his contract, managed to get the rights to his father's stuff, wins the WWE Title, then trashes it on RAW saying "This is for how you treated my dad!" then shows up on AEW two days later saying "Told you it was going to be a wild ride."

lol...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
starting to notice some poorly hidden cody rhodes resentment in this forum too.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Fucker posted:

starting to notice some poorly hidden cody rhodes resentment in this forum too.

It's really not that hidden, you can see his head peeking out from the bottom of the screen.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

does cody still use his triforce boots

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You can like Cody Rhodes but also want to see his WWE run implode because it would be hysterically funny, and since everyone involved probably has enough money and connections to never work a day in their life again if they wanted it’s a nice harmless kind of funny that we can all enjoy.

They aren’t mutually exclusive positions.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Orange Carlisle posted:

just when I thought cody's move couldn't get funnier it turned out there was a second tier smaller box on the children's slide they set up for him

he's very serious about his character so if the memes reach him he won't take it well lol

That was the big punchline for me. That pic of the camera guy and the mini-Cody box... goddamn. Really giving off Spinal Tap Stonehenge vibes.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

History Comes Inside! posted:

You can like Cody Rhodes but also want to see his WWE run implode because it would be hysterically funny, and since everyone involved probably has enough money and connections to never work a day in their life again if they wanted it’s a nice harmless kind of funny that we can all enjoy.

:hmmyes:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
People have been making Cody jokes since he got that awful tattoo years ago. It's just gotten worse over time.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

well poo poo nobody's beating that one

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
Yup, it's over. Wrap it up.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I don't know that there is anyone who is going to say that Cody is an actively bad wrestler; he's proven otherwise many times. He brings positive things with him to any roster.

Anyone can be a wrestler worthy of a main event, of headlining an event, of taking part in a feud that's captivating. It's all about how they're written, how they're presented, and how they perform when given that opportunity.

But looking at it from afar, it appears that the only one who doesn't know that he's extremely unlikely to reach those heights and to get those privileged opportunities may be Cody. And if you're going to watch a man (metaphorically and/or otherwise) get kicked in the dick on live television, you might as well enjoy the view.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Yep, close the thread go out on top

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

:five::perfect:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lol

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

delfin posted:

I don't know that there is anyone who is going to say that Cody is an actively bad wrestler; he's proven otherwise many times. He brings positive things with him to any roster.

Anyone can be a wrestler worthy of a main event, of headlining an event, of taking part in a feud that's captivating. It's all about how they're written, how they're presented, and how they perform when given that opportunity.

But looking at it from afar, it appears that the only one who doesn't know that he's extremely unlikely to reach those heights and to get those privileged opportunities may be Cody. And if you're going to watch a man (metaphorically and/or otherwise) get kicked in the dick on live television, you might as well enjoy the view.

I am finding great joy in Cody thinking he's going to outplay Vince by saying all the things he thinks are correct. Looking at the press he did after his debut, there's so many conflicting statements, it's almost parody.

I think Cody'll get that belt, but I don't think he's going to hit face of the company levels, unless Vince realized that he goofed up by failing to do that with Danielson after his return.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

BYOB has the kitten in the hammock, why can’t psp have Cody popping up from the bottom of the screen?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

:wow:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

jesus christ all mighty

well this is small potatoes, but someone found the quote Cody gave yesterday
https://twitter.com/cheifstribal/status/1511484409735745540

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He's an avid reader, including the novelization of Kung-Fu Panda.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Cody's send 'em home happy speech at the end of Raw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VyI-uXHFoQ

He says "pro-wrestling" a lot and calls the WWE crowd his family

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

the quote actually originates with the french poet jean de la fontaine but it also being in kung fu panda is pretty funny

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Cody Rhodes is an absurd person. I want his WWE run to succeed but also want to laugh at all of it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ivypls posted:

the quote actually originates with the french poet jean de la fontaine but it also being in kung fu panda is pretty funny

if he wasn't a coward he would have quoted metal gear solid

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

after being ousted from his outer heaven??? no way

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

To be a fan of the Codyverse is to be a fan of Cody but also of baffling decisions and messy drama. There are few bad outcomes here.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Now can the Whack-A-Cody replace the throne for Cody to smash?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Alaois posted:

if he wasn't a coward he would have quoted metal gear solid

Graves read out an Ocarina of Time quote during the Seth match and I 1000% guarantee Cody made him do it

https://twitter.com/MCMathematik/status/1510647868046020609

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Already getting hype for the insanity of Cody's senate run

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Erebus posted:

Graves read out an Ocarina of Time quote during the Seth match and I 1000% guarantee Cody made him do it

https://twitter.com/MCMathematik/status/1510647868046020609

Cody’s new gimmick is he’s been in a coma for seven years

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Cody’s new gimmick is he’s been in a coma for seven years

So then in kayfabe, did the sage of light put the neck tattoo on him?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Evil Badman posted:

I am finding great joy in Cody thinking he's going to outplay Vince by saying all the things he thinks are correct. Looking at the press he did after his debut, there's so many conflicting statements, it's almost parody.

I think Cody'll get that belt, but I don't think he's going to hit face of the company levels, unless Vince realized that he goofed up by failing to do that with Danielson after his return.

Cody will get the belt, and then in a shocking coincidence, Brock or Roman will win/get awarded a completely new belt that just happens to now be the top belt. Ah well, them's the breaks pal, enjoy being third from the top of the card after Brock, Roman, and whatever part-timer or celeb happens to be making an appearance :shrug:

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
As funny as some of Codyverse 2.0 so far, I'm legit impressed that Cody is much savvier than other wrestlers who signed and re-signed with WWE. Dude's got a way better deal than most people; he's the exact same Cody Rhodes from AEW, seems to be given freedom to do his own promos, got his Codyvator (lovely as it is), is allowed to film things outside the WWE sphere, and absurdly, managed to make a commentator drop a Cody-specific nerdy reference during his debut.

I mean, all of this could change the moment he requests WWE to fix the Codyvator but still.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Long-Time Lurker posted:

As funny as some of Codyverse 2.0 so far, I'm legit impressed that Cody is much savvier than other wrestlers who signed and re-signed with WWE. Dude's got a way better deal than most people; he's the exact same Cody Rhodes from AEW, seems to be given freedom to do his own promos, got his Codyvator (lovely as it is), is allowed to film things outside the WWE sphere, and absurdly, managed to make a commentator drop a Cody-specific nerdy reference during his debut.

I mean, all of this could change the moment he requests WWE to fix the Codyvator but still.

He’s appeared on 1 (one) Premium Live Event and 1 (one) episode of RAW.

They are incredibly good at loving people up but even WWE sometimes need a little bit of time to get there, geez. Why do you think people are always saying you have to see how it plays out?

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Long-Time Lurker posted:

nakamura also started out really well

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh yeah, people are laughing at the box-like-elevator, but even those of us who aren't big Cody fans aren't expecting them to bury him in the first few months. He's getting his title run, almost for sure, but it's the follow up that will be telling. Do they treat him like Roman and Brock or like Danielson and Punk?

(I'd say like the New Day, but his melanin levels are in the wrong range for Vince to book his title run that badly)

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
lmao Toxic Attraction just won the tag titles back after losing them on ...checks note....Saturday

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Digital Jedi posted:

lmao Toxic Attraction just won the tag titles back after losing them on ...checks note....Saturday

Its funny because people are starting to get real loving sick of Toxic Attraction. Like they are getting go-away heat now.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Chris James 2 posted:

Alvarez said, “[On Saturday afternoon] I heard from someone who is close to folks in NXT and they know a lot about what’s going on there. They said, ‘you know, it looks like Ziggler is going to be champion for a while. This was Saturday. So then Monday at about 11:30 or so, I heard actually from several people that we’re gonna have an NXT title change on the show tonight. One person said ‘NXT title change tonight’ and the other person specified that it was gonna be Bron Breakker beating Dolph Ziggler to win the title back on Raw…”

Alvarez continued, “I watched [Raw] and they do Bron Breakker and Dolph Ziggler and Bron Breakker defeats Dolph Ziggler and he wins the NXT Championship, he’s the new champion. He’s won the belt. So I continue watching the show and everything like that. Then, about 45 minutes later, they have a commercial for NXT. And the commercial for NXT, the whole commercial is about how Dolph Ziggler beat Bron Breakker and we’re gonna get the fallout on NXT, which oddly enough they said, ‘NXT tonight at 9:00.’ It was tomorrow’s commercial that they aired on the wrong day and the commercial that they had, had been created with the idea that Ziggler was still the champion.”

Alvarez said he theorizes that they didn’t put the belt on Breakker on Saturday because they had plans to move him up to the main roster and then plans changed and that is when they decided to put the belt back on him.

This is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Digital Jedi posted:

So they immediately reversed TWO title changes from the NXT PPV in less than a week?