Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Captain Kosmos posted:

There is a full picture where the whole family(?) is lying next to each other on the ground. It's a... though pictures.

gently caress, no thx. I'm not looking at this. And I don't want to look at the other picture again. It just came up AGAIN unblurred in the feed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Strategic Tea posted:

This very thread was full of people posting that Russia will never invade and that it's all hysteria encouraged by the warmongering CIA, prior to the invasion.

Russia doesn't invade things, their military just takes "extended vacations!"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

frumpykvetchbot posted:

yeah but

THIS time the ragtag russian army is gonna fool everybody by invading in mid-June.

It's a good plan, there's a reasonable chance there might not be snow at least for all of June.

In light of this recent Russian assholery, here's a joke.

A Soviet unit is advancing down the Raate road when a voice calls out from the bush. "One Finn is equal to ten Soviets!" The unit's commander is angry and sends ten Soviet soldiers into the bush. Sounds of fighting can be heard, then the voice calls out again. "One Finn is equal to 100 Soviets!"

Now the commander is REALLY angry. He sends in 100 troops, there's sounds of gunfire and explosions. Nobody returns, but the voice calls out again: "one Finn is equal to 1000 Soviets!" Livid, the commander sends the 1000 remaining troops into the forest. Gunfire, explosions, screams, then silence. Eventually one battered Soviet trooper limps back to the road and goes "comrade commander, it was a lie: there were TWO of them!"

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Kosmos posted:

There is a full picture where the whole family(?) is lying next to each other on the ground. It's a... tough picture.
https://twitter.com/SamRamani2/status/1513908899094712322?s=20&t=KWZKa2e6PN7omqbSGgwUKA
Something good, I guess.

They didn't object to Poland doign it either, but (supposedly) couldn't agree on a way to hand them over

MassiveSky
Apr 5, 2022

by Hand Knit

Didn't we do this already? No one objects as long as the MIGs don't land anywhere, take off from anywhere or have weapons.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Does the US have first refusal on whether people transfer arms to Ukraine or something, idgi

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Power Khan posted:

gently caress, no thx. I'm not looking at this. And I don't want to look at the other picture again. It just came up AGAIN unblurred in the feed.

Just a warning, also a second full picture of the family popped on my feed.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Waffle House posted:

Does the US have first refusal on whether people transfer arms to Ukraine or something, idgi

I think it's more that the transfer hinges on the US committing to replace the MiGs with modern US planes. There may not be agreement on which planes, how many, and at what price.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Waffle House posted:

I thought before it was we didn't want to use a US military base for the transfer.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

busalover posted:

Why is he wearing ukrainian military garb?

They found him hiding naked inside a leather couch. Had to put something on him for the photo and it was lying around. That’s my guess anyways.

Pluto is NOT a planet

but it IS a part of NATO.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

BBQ Dave posted:

Ok but what about the other Dwarf Planets? Or just Dwarves?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

B-Rock452 posted:

I thought before it was we didn't want to use a US military base for the transfer.

Slovakia has a base that is literally on the border with a Ukrainian facility iirc.

This eliminates a lot of transit issues.

Power Khan posted:

It's loving horrible and it's one of those you never forget photos, no matter how much you want.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

BBQ Dave posted:

They found him hiding naked inside a leather couch. Had to put something on him for the photo and it was lying around. That’s my guess anyways.

Pluto is NOT a planet

That was just his cast off skin.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/LauraHuu/status/1513870362051756032?s=20&t=Nsuac1Np16saz0gUBRfQLw
Something not so awful.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Lots of chatter that Ukraine destroyed a long column of Russian troops north of Izyum, which is roughly southeast from Kharkiv. It seems they're attacking the flank in the north. This "huge Russian offensive" seems like so far, it's going about as well as everything else has.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
What happened to that fat piece of poo poo Texas red neck fighting for Russian in Ukraine? Have there been any updates on him?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Strategic Tea posted:

This very thread was full of people posting that Russia will never invade and that it's all hysteria encouraged by the warmongering CIA, prior to the invasion.

I highly encourage people to reread the first 20 or so pages of this thread.

Its impressive how poorly a lot of it aged.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Lascivious Sloth posted:

What happened to that fat piece of poo poo Texas red neck fighting for Russian in Ukraine? Have there been any updates on him?

well first they ate the nutria, then they ate the dogs, and then...

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Volguus posted:

WTF is Putin's best friend doing in Ukraine? Shouldn't he be rich, having fun in some palace somewhere?

It's an essential clause not a nonessential clause. Compare:

"They have captured Putin's best friend in Ukraine"

"They have captured Putin's best friend, in Ukraine"

In the first sentence 'in Ukraine' is essential to modify 'putin's best friend' - meaning, the guy captured is Putin's closest Ukrainian friend/ally.

In the second sentence the comma makes 'in Ukraine' a nonessential clause and doesn't change the meaning of 'putin's best friend'.

As to why he didn't bail into Russia after the invasion went to poo poo, who knows lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Captain Kosmos posted:

There is a full picture where the whole family(?) is lying next to each other on the ground. It's a... tough picture.
https://twitter.com/SamRamani2/status/1513908899094712322?s=20&t=KWZKa2e6PN7omqbSGgwUKA
Something good, I guess.

i suspect alot of the issue with Poland was it would have to come from a US base in Germany to get their safety and that would be too "bold".

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Achmed Jones posted:

are you trying to say that brokebrain twitter and cspam are representative of "the left" in any meaningful way?

if yes, lol that's dumb

are they true scotsmen, though?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Xae posted:

Well to be fair not a single goon could have matched Putin in completely insane plans, we were out-crazied.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Butterfly Valley posted:

It's an essential clause not a nonessential clause. Compare:

"They have captured Putin's best friend in Ukraine"

"They have captured Putin's best friend, in Ukraine"

In the first sentence 'in Ukraine' is essential to modify 'putin's best friend' - meaning, the guy captured is Putin's closest Ukrainian friend/ally.

In the second sentence the comma makes 'in Ukraine' a nonessential clause and doesn't change the meaning of 'putin's best friend'.

As to why he didn't bail into Russia after the invasion went to poo poo, who knows lol

honestly my guess is he was caught in the LDR or some poo poo and hurried out from there.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

o, the decorum.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

being a kool aid drinker he was probably waiting around to start his new job as soon as putin took kiev

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Oldsmobile posted:

Lots of chatter that Ukraine destroyed a long column of Russian troops north of Izyum, which is roughly southeast from Kharkiv. It seems they're attacking the flank in the north. This "huge Russian offensive" seems like so far, it's going about as well as everything else has.

So this convoy then?
https://twitter.com/JackDetsch/status/1513887140937097216?s=20&t=cC8jUdTTqh2uj529a_5ZRA
:getin:
:utruck:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

lmao

https://twitter.com/kremen_x/status/1513952440772661250?t=4VOIkqSmyB_lxVVXizlTSw&s=19

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Those convoys seem to be getting shorter and shorter. Soon they'll be just one sad tank driving on its own toward certain death.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

DiHK posted:

First of all, I am so bored with Larry Davids schtick but I don't wanna say anything about it because "jew hater". Anyway, sitcoms suck, moving on.

At one point I was watching a number of lefty tube people, including Peter Coffin. Then they all got a bit unsufferable so I stopped paying attention (this was around the time that the internet dweebs crucified that trans babe for doing satirical nazi cosplay).

Anyway, did Peter swallow the tankie pill? Sad if true.

I don't mean Mel has racist grandpa vibes. I mean that trying to disuade Mel from making fun of Hitler is like trying to make racist grandpa woke.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

More like

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Xae posted:

Just did it and went to 40 or something. It did not age well at all. What a bunch of suckers.

Zippy is probably really dead.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I'm glad I'm not the only one who smelled burnt toast reading that post

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Looks like that says 'opt in', which is also a lol

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

MIC go brrrrr
https://twitter.com/JonathanLanday/status/1513950686404349952?s=20&t=yGhr99POD-pbAhSSDHiXNw

MAPS
https://twitter.com/TheStudyofWar/status/1513962283042586627?s=20&t=yGhr99POD-pbAhSSDHiXNw
Donbas map specifically

This is why Boris got a Rooster Jug btw
https://twitter.com/NewVoiceUkraine/status/1513955359492300808?s=20&t=yGhr99POD-pbAhSSDHiXNw

ENHANCE

:black101:

Edit:
omg yesss

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

LordArgh posted:

no true scotsman would be if i were saying they're not _really_ leftists. i'm not. i'm saying they aren't meaningfully representative, because there are very few of them and their opinions are not generally present in in-person gatherings and appear to only exist in weird online spaces known to be rife with disinformation and bullshit in general

kind of like the person saying "people were saying putin wouldn't invade in this very thread!" like...so? is that the same as cheerleading warcrimes or supporting putin right now, a month later? dont get me wrong if the same people are saying "ok putin invaded and it's a good thing" then yeah gently caress 'em. but if they were just mistaken, well, live and learn, you know?

it's been known for ages that social media &c is lousy with russian mouthpieces, but now it's supposedly tHe LeFt and i dont get it

going from the above responses, it seems that i'm not at all alone in my "wtf are yall talking about" position, and its just the terminally online that are running into the same dumb poo poo that's been on twitter for the past five years but they still haven't figured out how to disengage from. so ill stop beating the dead horse and drop it - i was worried that i was missing something. im apparently not so carry on and thank you for the discussion!

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

KitConstantine posted:

This is why Boris got a Rooster Jug btw

Indestructible cock.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1513622767270350851?t=cnHtzbiggK8gSq4tuxuA5g&s=19
There was a tank here.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

LordArgh posted:

"the true scotsmens' secret police"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

:perfect: